Pages:
Author

Topic: Mt.Gox AML/KYC Process Explained - page 6. (Read 71674 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
April 26, 2013, 03:05:32 AM

What happens if my application is rejected?

If we reject your documents, we will always explain by email what went wrong in the verification process. The top 5 most common causes for rejection are:

• Not submitting all the documents. Many people only give us a driver's license or passport on their first attempt, without providing any proof of residence. This is the most common reason for rejection, and costs our customers the greatest amount of time in having their accounts verified.

I am currently applying to become verified. And the reason why people only submit a drivers license is because, submitting the proof of residency simply does not work. I have tried for a million times to upload my proof of residency and it just will not upload. It shows a red bar, and that's it.

After logging in and out to see if it resolves the matter, it send my application out automatically. Had to wait for almost two weeks to get a decision, which obviously was that i failed and need to apply again. And once again proof of residency will not upload.
To check if there is something wrong with the file, I tried to upload proof of my driving license on the proof of residency section , and it still does not work. It send my application of automatically again, and I have to wait for 2 weeks again to receive the same decision.
For a company with such large amounts of revenue, you make quite a meal of dealing with customers needs. Not to mention the in-capacities of your systems and website.
I would not be surprised if it is only 1 member of staff going through all of the applications, since the rate at which they are resolved seems to be a couple of hundreds per day.
Bitcoin is a lovely concept, but companies like yours taint it for the worse. I'm afraid Bitcoin will never gain mass adoption, whilst it is being associated with Mtgox.
[/list]
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
April 25, 2013, 09:38:28 AM
after waiting XX days for the verification status upgrade to be processed, the request for a limits increase should at least be handled in a prioritized manner, instead of going to the normal support ticket queue, incurring another XX days delay.

it is really frustrating to receive the status complete email and then having to wait another week for the limits increase...
Activity: 98
April 24, 2013, 05:04:11 PM
I know you cant accept bank statements, but what about credit card statements? I live with my mother, and all of the utilities are in her name or my father's name....
Activity: 83
April 23, 2013, 12:39:20 PM
After 16+ days waiting for mtgox to verify the account and had to deal with the frozen withdrawal restriction, the account finally was verified, but the withdrawal limit stays at $1000.  Emailed support, but no reply or update of status after 2+ days.  Mtgox needs to get their business straight, it is not like they are operating on a shoestring budget, judging by the volume, they are doing very well just collecting commissions.
Activity: 106
April 23, 2013, 02:57:46 AM
So the verification team was beefed up,

what about the security and speed, can mtgox hire more experienced people?,

and buy some actual trading technology used for actual trading?

or are they too busy  verifying more people to pump the price and doing insider trading?
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
April 21, 2013, 06:27:13 PM
So for withdrawal, so in order to use sepa or any euro bank transfer I have be verified? Or is sepa separate from euro wires? Can I receive a non-sepa euro transfer?

What if I use USD/PLN to withdraw and use the same polish bank they use? Will I need to get verified then? And what will be the withdrawal fees on bank wires If I use their bank WBK?

Also off topic but what's the smallest amount of bitcoins/dollars you can trade at mtgox?
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
April 21, 2013, 09:39:56 AM
A kind soul please advise. I want to get my account at Mt.gox funded very quickly ($5k). Which procedure is faster according to your experience.

1. EUR funding by SEPA (verification process at Mt.gox + money transfer + crediting the account)

I live in Europe and decided to use SEPA transfer to fund my account ...

None of that will work Loozik so forget about Mtgox, try using bitstamp.net, they're fast and professional. I'm not affiliated just a happy customer.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
April 21, 2013, 02:49:24 AM
A kind soul please advise. I want to get my account at Mt.gox funded very quickly ($5k). Which procedure is faster according to your experience.

1. EUR funding by SEPA (verification process at Mt.gox + money transfer + crediting the account)

I live in Europe and decided to use SEPA transfer to fund my account at Mt.gox (EUR sent to Mt.gox's account in Poland). I am waiting in a queue for verification (I uploaded the ID + utility bill images). I am 25k in the line, which means - if successful - I will be verified in two weeks time. It will take at least 1 day to make the transfer and 6 days for Mt.gox to put that money in my account (verified by a Polish guy who made an intrabank payment from BZ WBK to BZ WBK). The whole procedure will take 21 days. This is very long.

2. USD funding by International Wire Transfer ( money transfer + crediting the account + check process at Mt.gox)

Mt.gox write on their website in regard to International Wire Transfers (USD sent to Mt.gox's account in Japan): ''First-timer depositors are requested to upload their copy of the official ID to facilitate this process.'' - I already uploaded the image of the official ID. Further Mt.gox write ''International wire transfers usually take 2-5 business days to reach us. All deposits are subject to AML check (check is not verification!) due to more stringent AML requirements and this process may take up to 24 hours after the funds have reached us.''

Am I correct to assume that the procedure of funding the account by International Wire Transfer takes only 6 days (5 days for the money to reach mt.gox and 1 day due to AML)?

Please advise.

Thanks
Activity: 40
April 19, 2013, 05:40:51 AM
I am waiting more than a week to validate wire transfer adress. I mailed MtGox, and submited to helpdesk. My question is - WTF?

UPD. answer from MtGox support

Hello,

Due to a huge volume of requests, the AML team will take at least 1 week to respond.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

Activity: 112
Merit: 11
April 17, 2013, 09:14:01 PM
My wife needs to submit AML stuff, but as all the bills are in my name she has a problem.

Can she submit passport as proof of name and driving license as proof of address?

Or do we have to change the account name on the electricity account so that she can withdraw her Bitcoins?

Activity: 536
Merit: 500
April 13, 2013, 03:19:13 AM
Bottom line: Mined your security. I'd not use them for wallet services without a bit more than 1 password between me and all my assets.
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
ManualMiner
April 12, 2013, 06:56:03 PM
hy
i keep sending verification pdf´s and everytime you answer: the adress you gave us doesnt match the adress on the pdf you sent. BUT i cant find any form to correct the adress is gave you. plz help
gtz
Activity: 536
April 12, 2013, 09:05:41 AM
I uploaded documents , but no reply yet.
Activity: 9
April 12, 2013, 04:32:01 AM
People have to understand one thing, we, and this will apply to any other Exchange at some point, have to follow government and banks rules. Do we like these rules? Not always. Do we enjoy enforcing them? Hell no! Do we have a choice? Not at ALL!

Do you think what are you talking is a joke? I just want to withdraw 4 bitcoin, it tell me "Your account is currently pending review, please visit https://mtgox.com/forms/verification"

Please tell me there are some government or some bank to force you to prevent me to withdraw my bitcoin??

And please tell me why my account is pending review??

Your Position in the Verification Queue 20380 Can you do some important things other waste time to do it?

If you reject my documents, is it true that I never give my bitcoin back?

And you prevent me to withdraw bitcoin, Why don't you prevent or notice me when I sent bitcoin to mtgox?

Please answer these questions clearly and directly!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
April 11, 2013, 09:18:30 AM
Let's say no passport, no driving license - how to verify for Mt Gox - Student ID ?
Activity: 7
April 09, 2013, 02:51:17 PM
Submitting documents in non-latin script. Unfortunately, the Compliance Division doesn't have any staff who can read Cyrillic, Korean, Arabic or Hebrew. As a result, when we receive documents in these languages we must ask our customers to provide English translations of them.

I talked with support and they told me that I'll have to provide english translation of my polish documents. That means for me spending a lot of cash. Since polish IS based on latin, then where is the problem? My friend has account on Gox, and he didnt had such problems. Smells like laziness to me.
Activity: 56
April 08, 2013, 08:55:52 PM
Though I am hardly Japanese or an authority on law, my background in business is such that I think I can field some answers which might actually satisfy your needs.

While I do understand everything you say, but please, explain how can both this:

People have to understand one thing, we, and this will apply to any other Exchange at some point, have to follow government and banks rules. Do we like these rules? Not always. Do we enjoy enforcing them? Hell no! Do we have a choice? Not at ALL!

AND this:

A Guideline is a Guidline and you can implement many other options on top of it in order to strengthen your security.

be true  at the same time?

How can anything force YOU, the human beings, to implement extra torture for your customers (at your cost), instead of extra protecting them (at your risk), while you say you dislike the idea of torturing them?
You use the idea of "force" as an absolute. While it's true that there is a choice, it's a choice between compliance and jail time. You can always strengthen the security of an organization in favor of privacy, but you may not protect information which is criminal in nature, or you are considered an accomplice to the crime.

So what is or isn't a crime? That depends on the laws which apply the MtGox.

You are forced to report anything suspicious noticed. OK, that is practical.
How can any human being be forced to notice "suspicious" operations? How can YOU be forced to judge anything as suspicious (distrustful) in the first place???
Is it possible to manipulate human's TRUST from outside and against his will??? Oh, don't say that is true.
Why YOU may be forced to distrust us (and our operations), but we still have no choice, but to trust you?
See the above.

Why do you prosecute your users for doing "suspicious" and "unlawful" operations, but do not prevent them from doing that? Why not educate them? Put a warning maybe?
Why should I guess how to not get frozen in the first place? Where are the instructions? Why do you care of NOT disclosing them?
WHO on the Earth can force you to actually CARE about not disclosing the details???
Afraid of something? Then do it anonymously. What is the problem?

This has always bothered me. But the reality is that if they offer "legal advice" in any way, they can be held liable and have criminal charges filed against them for practicing law without a license in many places. Hardly fair, but it's what's required.

MtGox doesn't prosecute; they are merely bound by the legal requirements of where they do business, which is apparently Tokyo. Because there is REAL money being traded and valued, the police have a way which forces companies to care about NOT disclosing information, because there are laws against that sort of helpful thing.

So don't blame the exchange, dude... it's the fault of crafty criminals and over-reactive politicians.

OK, KYC/AML are the "fiat world" requirements.
But then why did you freeze BTC accounts that tried to withdraw large BTC amounts while unverified,
however you accepted large amount payments to that accounts and not allowed to return them back.
How can a Bank/Govt/Whatever force you to NOT return BTCs to the rightful owner??? WTF?
How can they know in the first place and judge you for doing that???

C'mon I feel being brain F**KED by you, MTGOX!!! But please answer.
Freezing transactions is once again the "fiat world" requirement--you answered your own question without realizing it.

You're reacting as if a temporary freeze is theft of your bitcoins... it's not, it's a measure which the international banking community REQUIRES in order to operate as a currency exchange, and enforced by international and national laws around the world. So if you misbehave in any way with your BTC, you CAN have them frozen until things become clear.

Again, I have no connect to Mt Gox or its employees (other than being a new applicant), but your being ticked off at them for following the law won't get you unfrozen any faster. It's merely a requirement for them to operate within the law, and since BTC have a perceived value around the world, freezing them is not just legal, it's required.
Activity: 560
I am the one who knocks
April 03, 2013, 08:40:50 AM
I know that, that seems even more unlikely that they would move their operation into the states.
Activity: 112
April 02, 2013, 06:53:58 PM
When is MTgox moving to California?  Is the partnership or alliance official with coinbase?
What??  I would be very surprised if Gox moved into the states, but I could be wrong.

They are partnering with Coinlab.
Activity: 560
I am the one who knocks
April 02, 2013, 05:50:22 PM
When is MTgox moving to California?  Is the partnership or alliance official with coinbase?
What??  I would be very surprised if Gox moved into the states, but I could be wrong.
Pages:
Jump to: