Pages:
Author

Topic: Mt.Gox AML/KYC Process Explained - page 5. (Read 71674 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
July 27, 2013, 05:52:35 AM
Trading and withdrawals work fine and fast and customer service is immaculate.
Trading might work afterall that is how Gox makes most.
Also depositing works perfectly.
But withdrawing. Please! Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000
July 27, 2013, 05:11:05 AM
Seen this before and it never ends good. And have you guys watched the volume on Gox Japan in the recent days? /hint

Instead, on bitstamp, it works very smoothly.
Trading and withdrawals work fine and fast and customer service is immaculate.
legendary
July 21, 2013, 02:49:02 PM
Seen this before and it never ends good. And have you guys watched the volume on Gox Japan in the recent days? /hint
Activity: 502
Merit: 500
July 21, 2013, 02:41:00 PM
all they say is were working on it. blah blah shit. then they try to pass blame on there bank and such.
legendary
July 21, 2013, 09:55:03 AM
this is bull even for gox they need to get there shit together.
Unfortunately there is no control instance in the bitcoin system, other than the foundation, which is a joke when it comes to protecting customers.
Activity: 502
Merit: 500
July 21, 2013, 09:25:59 AM
sorry mate they lied to you mine was for June 6th and i still haven't gotten anything and after talking to live support today they openly admitted to being more then 2 months behind still.

this is bull even for gox they need to get there shit together.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
July 20, 2013, 07:44:45 AM
Looks like MtGox are taking a month to transfer people's money into there bank accounts.

I spoke with them regarding me already waiting 3 weeks for my money, and they said they had just cleared the backlog for June. Meaning there is a month and half wait for money to be transferred into bank accounts.

Funny how when I trade silver world wide with millions of users I get my money in 4 days.

Terrible system getting bored waiting now
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
July 14, 2013, 12:28:01 PM
I can't withdraw even BTC without verification, because I've used a VPN to connect.
Half of my coworkers are trading BTC over the same IP.
This is just the usual scrutiny by Gox.

Same here they are ceasing our account with no appearent reason.
Suddenly i can understand where the ddos attacks come from......

Meanwhile: fake verified accounts are beeing sold on silk road to the masses.
while the real ones are beeing frozen .

Looks like MtGox is becoming the PayPal of Bticoin.
Activity: 19
June 16, 2013, 10:30:01 AM
I can't withdraw even BTC without verification, because I've used a VPN to connect.

Same here they are ceasing our account with no appearent reason.
Suddenly i can understand where the ddos attacks come from......

Meanwhile: fake verified accounts are beeing sold on silk road to the masses.
while the real ones are beeing frozen .
legendary
June 15, 2013, 05:59:28 PM
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
June 10, 2013, 01:59:20 PM
the blockchain shows it was deposted into my wallet and then spent

They may have put it (sent it / spend it) into a cold storage address managed by them till the case (if there is any) is resolved. I am sure other forum members will be able to give you a more precise explanation. I am myself a newbie.

Do you know which address it was sent to?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002
June 10, 2013, 01:38:29 PM
Yeah, I got my verification tonight, finally, and they are playing stupid, I tried to withdraw my BTC before I was verified, even though it said I could, the blockchain shows it was deposted into my wallet and then spent, which is impossible because it has double protection 2nd PIN to send BTC . I do not know what to do? They have stopped communicating via email, and my wallet provider hasn't responded since this all began, I am new to all of this, I am so sick and depressed, this is all of the money in the world I have, and if I loose it, I am ruined. I need help, please!?!?

Brandyn Garcia

What blockchain transaction spent your money?
Activity: 316
Merit: 250
@WizardOfOre
June 09, 2013, 11:54:17 PM
Yeah, I got my verification tonight, finally, and they are playing stupid, I tried to withdraw my BTC before I was verified, even though it said I could, the blockchain shows it was deposted into my wallet and then spent, which is impossible because it has double protection 2nd PIN to send BTC . I do not know what to do? They have stopped communicating via email, and my wallet provider hasn't responded since this all began, I am new to all of this, I am so sick and depressed, this is all of the money in the world I have, and if I loose it, I am ruined. I need help, please!?!?

Brandyn Garcia
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
June 09, 2013, 09:01:19 AM
Oh wow. If you want a stomach ulcer, do business with Mtgox. The Bitcoin-Painpal.

It would be great if an exchange could open up in a country where the world's worst terrorist, Uncle Sam, does not have access. With access to Swift or SEPA network of course. Russia maybe, or China? South America? Not that those countries are more democratic than the US but at least, they don't bully other countries into adopting their own shitty laws.

Imagine China charging US companies for not complying with Chinese AML laws and then having people arrested on that basis, unthinkable!

An exchange that does nothing but exchange fiat to crypto and reverse, that is what the world needs. BTC could be over 1000$ if the exchanges wouldn't be such a bottleneck.
Activity: 702
Merit: 503
May 31, 2013, 03:22:37 AM

Bitcoin deposits do not need verification, and at this time we are not requiring verification for Bitcoin withdrawals.

- https://mtgox.com/press_release_20130530.html
Cox continues to lie and treat some of us like criminals solely on basis of their mistaken suspicions.

I can't withdraw even BTC without verification, because I've used a VPN to connect. So, to the Gox AML dumb@$#&* that looks like a violation of their TOS by having more than one account, because there are others who access their accounts through the same VPN IP.

The same "violation" occurs when two or more members of the same household access their MtCox accounts through the same house router with the same IP, and also would be flagged for mandatory verification, even for BTC withdrawals.

So, even if it's just their mistaken suspicion, at MtCox we are automatically guilty until we prove ourselves innocent by showing our papers...

May what goes around some day come around to the MtCox @#$$%%^&*s!
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
May 30, 2013, 11:08:03 AM
All Mt. Gox user accounts are required to be verified in order to perform any currency deposits and withdrawals

TOKYO - JAPAN - May 30, 2013

Statement Regarding Account Verifications

The Bitcoin market continues to evolve, as do regulations and conditions of compliance for Mt. Gox to continue bringing secure services to our customers. It our responsibility to provide a trusted and legal exchange, and that includes making sure that we are operating within strict anti-money laundering rules and preventing other malicious activity.

As a result, beginning May 30th, 2013 all Mt. Gox user accounts are required to be verified in order to perform any currency deposits and withdrawals. Bitcoin deposits do not need verification, and at this time we are not requiring verification for Bitcoin withdrawals.

In the past two months Mt. Gox has invested in more than doubling our verification support staff, and we are currently able to process most verifications within 24~48 hours.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please visit the Security Center in your Mt. Gox account if you are not already verified, and keep in mind that being careful to submit the proper documents will result in a much faster processing time.

Regards
Mt.Gox Co. Ltd Team.

Mt.Gox Contact [email protected]

- https://mtgox.com/press_release_20130530.html
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
May 16, 2013, 07:34:00 AM
Sooooooooo looks Like Gox may have a few AML things to figure out itself........
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
May 16, 2013, 05:35:15 AM
So what is the deal with straight btc withdrawals now?  Do I have to submit personal data to get my coins out?

Activity: 40
May 06, 2013, 11:54:51 PM
After 16+ days waiting for mtgox to verify the account and had to deal with the frozen withdrawal restriction, the account finally was verified, but the withdrawal limit stays at $1000.  Emailed support, but no reply or update of status after 2+ days.  Mtgox needs to get their business straight, it is not like they are operating on a shoestring budget, judging by the volume, they are doing very well just collecting commissions.
This! Same situation. I am so sad about this, spend lot of time to scan all this stuff, waited more than 2 weeks, wrote lot of letters, and when I verified my limit is same. Makes me cry

UPD: Gox quickly answered and increased my limit. However it did not ask me for google authenticator, that I protected withdrawl...
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
April 26, 2013, 09:58:25 PM
someone knows more about this, is this true? http://pastebin.com/ePiAqkfA
Pages:
Jump to: