Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 101. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
February 24, 2014, 06:52:02 AM
I just had two JPY withdrawals, to a Japan account processed.

The requests were made on 3rd and 8th of Feb.

This was about the same lag, i experienced for two requests in Jan

money is still flowing, albeit slowly.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
February 24, 2014, 06:34:20 AM
......And.......

The twitter feed has been vacuumed.  LOL
[…]

i wonder if that means they want to start off on a clean slate....or if their attorneys advised them to remove the tweets?

It could mean that the first lawsuit is hitting them.
Not sure whether that's good or bad for us...

If you still have money there and you are not part of the lawsuit, it's bad for you. Because the ones filling the lawsuit will have priority to get their money back (if they win), and then there might be nothing left. 

Overall, it is good for the market as it will create pressure on the other exchanges to become more professional.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
February 24, 2014, 06:28:16 AM
......And.......

[…]

i wonder if that means they want to start off on a clean slate....or if their attorneys advised them to remove the tweets?

Not sure whether that's good or bad for us...
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
February 24, 2014, 03:29:19 AM
......And.......

[…]

Activity: 695
Merit: 500
February 24, 2014, 03:26:54 AM
Damn, can't you guys just BUY Gox?

I have also pondered the possibility that another company might buy Mt. Gox, fill up their cash register, restore trust and go on to earn millions.

It is possible, and I would love it, but there are many counter-arguments.

It would be a huge bet on bitcoin, but bitcoin itself is risky. Some believe it will become a global currency, but there is also the risk that it slowly disappears into oblivion.

Mt. Gox might be insolvent and lacking many millions of dollars, so buying them could be expensive.

Their reputation is very badly damaged. It may be difficult or impossible to restore.

So let's hope that Mt. Gox can be rescued, but don't bet on it.
Activity: 71
February 24, 2014, 03:15:17 AM
Yes indeed folks.  Most of us here have at one time entrusted tens, hundreds, even thousands of thousands of dollars to a business who just showed they believe they can delete the internet. Smiley

it looks like one more evidence that they are under investigation and can't communicate to the outside world anymore.

As for me, a couple of days ago, I sold my BTC through bitcoinbuilder, I lost half the investment I put just a week before BTC withdraws were halted (yes I am one of those idiots who bought it at almost the highest price).
But at least, I have no longer any fiat/BTC at Gox. I hope in a few months the price will recover on all exchanges and then I can sell the BTC and recover my initial investment.

I hope whoever has still fiat/BTC at Gox can recover their investment soon - or at least assume the loss and get out now.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
February 24, 2014, 02:18:27 AM
Yes indeed folks.  Most of us here have at one time entrusted tens, hundreds, even thousands of thousands of dollars to a business who just showed they believe they can delete the internet. Smiley
wB`
Activity: 84
February 24, 2014, 02:03:36 AM
......And.......

@MtGox hasn't tweeted yet.

https://twitter.com/MtGox

legendary
Whimsical Pants
February 24, 2014, 01:58:14 AM
......And.......

@MtGox hasn't tweeted yet.

https://twitter.com/MtGox
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
February 24, 2014, 01:54:50 AM
Gangsters are gangsters, but one has to wonder.  Are they all just dumb, or can any of them figure out that turning to the good side, the light side of the force, the JEDI side, can benefit them?  It's like, levelling up, for a gangster, when they begin to think like a regular person.  Like, no, you don't have to steal.  Damn, can't you guys just BUY Gox?  I have never seen a more disorganized black market based on experimental technology and markets in my life.  Come on.  Get with it and save the Goxxies coins and make this ship right again FFS or else you aren't really strong, just bruisers who wish they could do tech.

edit

Also, I am running for Bitcoin foundation membership.  I have about ten bitcoins, is that enough?  LOL
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
February 24, 2014, 01:06:22 AM
MtGox / Karpeles resignation = reopen withdrawals + getting rich + staying alive ?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
February 24, 2014, 12:56:31 AM

wow...seeing as they held off doing this it now comes as a surprise. Perhaps an indication they don't have a fix in sight?

I don't imagine people at Gox are worried about a "fix".

They are worried about going to jail, or being murdered by an ex SR hitman who has 6 figures sitting in an account there.

Think you meant the BMR but maybe the SR had hitmen too
legendary
Whimsical Pants
February 24, 2014, 12:33:12 AM

wow...seeing as they held off doing this it now comes as a surprise. Perhaps an indication they don't have a fix in sight?

I don't imagine people at Gox are worried about a "fix".

They are worried about going to jail, or being murdered by an ex SR hitman who has 6 figures sitting in an account there.

legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
February 23, 2014, 11:43:45 PM

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
American1973
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
February 23, 2014, 04:49:44 PM
"We are suing MtGox - All their assets could be frozen, but there is a chance we can get our USD back, unfortunately not our bitcoins."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ypaug/we_are_suing_mtgox_all_their_assets_could_be/
That's a repost on Reddit of a message from several days ago here at Bitcointalk. Here's the original thread.
thanks for a link!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
February 23, 2014, 03:18:52 PM
"We are suing MtGox - All their assets could be frozen, but there is a chance we can get our USD back, unfortunately not our bitcoins."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ypaug/we_are_suing_mtgox_all_their_assets_could_be/
That's a repost on Reddit of a message from several days ago here at Bitcointalk. Here's the original thread.
American1973
February 23, 2014, 02:55:32 PM

Haha, this dude is a no vote.  So many side to the issue.

driverd 0 points 30 minutes ago

You sir are a fucking idiot, you are going to make matters much much worse. Why don't you fucking wait for the weekend to be over before taking actions like that of your own?

You are burying yourself and all the others in the grave, if there's a legal action then all cash will be DEFINITELY frozen for an unknown amount of time, you think this is FUNNY? To freeze all our funds and probably even bitcoins stuck there just because you're butthurt?

People like you are a disgrace to the community, I hope it doesn't go further than a stupid idiotic rant on reddit.

Yeahmm.  All they need is decent IT workers.
Pages:
Jump to: