Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 106. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
February 21, 2014, 05:30:57 PM
The thing that delayed my recognition for so long, is the fact that these guys have so much money already - why would they need to steal more? Any credible ideas?

If you are shorting the market,  then it does not matter how much money you collected in fees.

Let's say they started shorting back in 2011,  can you imagine how much underwater they would be with BTC at $500.

Selling customers BTC that you don't already own can be a recipe for bankruptcy.

legendary
Activity: 889
February 21, 2014, 05:25:09 PM
The thing that delayed my recognition for so long, is the fact that these guys have so much money already - why would they need to steal more? Any credible ideas?

see full tilt  poker ultimate bet . Everyone who played poker always asked the same question all the principles that caused them to implode are happening to mt gox to a T

Greed

Same gluttony that  makes Karpeles the fat fuck he is irl is driving him financially
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
February 21, 2014, 05:16:54 PM

Since you have shown your cred in this thread, and you are small potatoes to them, I will explain:

Greed, is like a compelling hand at the backs of those who are thusly compelled.  To you, a millionaire or whatever, you wonder as does a good person, "Who could be so greedy?"

Think of a tick that can not only engorge itself to the size of a raqueball, but rather, the size of a small moon.  One which can effect the entire tide of a world not yet arrived.  Then, you would understand that tick of all time.  It must grow.  It must befriend all dogs, it must suck until time itself, ends.  Thank you for your participation in this thread, you have the floor dude.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
February 21, 2014, 05:09:21 PM
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 21, 2014, 04:59:50 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1yju24/psa_if_mtgox_is_really_insolvent_remember_that/

If MtGox is really insolvent remember that Peter Vessenes still has $5.3 million of it's customers money.

I've spent some time today reading most of the lawsuits that this lovely Peter Vessenes (chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation) is involved with (CoinLab, Alydian, BitInvestment).
It makes HashFast or Butterfly Labs look like child's play.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57603194-93/bitcoin-exchange-mt-gox-sues-for-return-of-$5m-from-coinlab/

(just because i was downvoted to hell at reddit and it's a missing feature here Smiley)

The bitcoinfoundation exists courtesy of Mt. Gox to steal and has stolen their BTC from the community via this outlet.

The proof is in the pudding when Mt. Gox gets unglued as their shady records of insider fraud comes to light.

When the tide goes out a lot of people will be found to have been swimming naked for a long long time already !
American1973
February 21, 2014, 03:27:31 PM
http://investmentwatchblog.com/news-california-assembly-passes-law-making-cryptocurrency-legal-tender/

^^^ Now some California lawyers will put down the divorcees and fathers and families and medical injuries they live off of, and take up some decent cases, where cryptocoin got stolen.

Come on lawyers, now that crypto is legal tender and California will be split up like a shot buck, it's time fo you to give a damn.  HAHA.

edit

AH but note, it's not about humans in California, just corporations

An act to amend Section 107 of the Corporations Code, relating to business associations.

LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL'S DIGEST

AB 129, as amended, Dickinson. Lawful money: alternative currency.

Existing law prohibits a corporation, flexible purpose corporation, association, or individual from issuing or putting in circulation, as money, anything but the lawful money of the United States.

This bill would instead prohibit a person from issuing or putting in circulation, as money, anything but the lawful money of the United States.

This bill would specify that those provisions do provision does not prohibit a corporation, flexible purpose corporation, association, or individual person from issuing or using an alternative currency that is redeemable for lawful money of the United States or that has value based on the value of lawful money of the United States. This bill would also specify that a corporation, flexible purpose corporation, association, or individual shall not be prohibit a person from being required to accept alternative currency.

Bill Text
The people of the State of California do enact as follows:

SECTION 1.
 Section 107 of the Corporations Code is amended to read:

A corporation, flexible purpose corporation, association, or individual person shall not issue or put in circulation, as money, anything but the lawful money of the United States. Nothing in this section shall prohibit the issuance and use of alternative currency that is redeemable for lawful money of the United States or that has value based on the value of lawful money of the United States but a corporation, flexible purpose corporation, association, or individual person shall not be required to accept alternative currency.

Goxcoins not mentioned.  HAHA, WTF is a "flexible purpose corporation"??  Fucking lawyers ya know??

"alternative currency that is redeemable for lawful money of the United States or that has value based on the value of lawful money of the United States"
American1973
February 21, 2014, 03:10:53 PM
Looking at the volumes you can see

1: It''s a lot of bottishness, microtrades and positioning, but even a few hundred coins sold kicks the price down 10-20 bucks so it is very fragile right now, in terms of fishing, they have fishies on the hook, but the line could snap anytime.

2: When they jerk the wheel to the side, either higher or lower, you can see from the 1-day pattern that these are bots trying to game something that's losing steam but they can "blow" steam up its ass now that we are in the kill zone, in terms of Goxcoinprice.

...So I wouldn't be surprised to see either a large upswing (to honeypot and keep the Goxers happy with inside buys), or a methodical and slow 10 dollars stairstep crushing process, so that they can exploit each tier on the way down.  Like I said, cutting the power to their servers would be the most direct route.  However since lawyers are such a useless cadre when it coms to defending people, you can be sure that 100 lawyers will get fees if you cut the power to Gox servers, whereas none of those lawyers will do shit about the situation, so, yeah.  Good luck Goxxxies I like the guy's idea above or on the previous page where he has a computer shop and will work with you.  Very nice post dude, thanks on behalf of those who are trying to help.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
February 21, 2014, 02:22:31 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1yju24/psa_if_mtgox_is_really_insolvent_remember_that/

If MtGox is really insolvent remember that Peter Vessenes still has $5.3 million of it's customers money.

I've spent some time today reading most of the lawsuits that this lovely Peter Vessenes (chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation) is involved with (CoinLab, Alydian, BitInvestment).
It makes HashFast or Butterfly Labs look like child's play.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57603194-93/bitcoin-exchange-mt-gox-sues-for-return-of-$5m-from-coinlab/

(just because i was downvoted to hell at reddit and it's a missing feature here Smiley)
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
February 21, 2014, 02:18:58 PM
The banking limits aren't unbelievable- if you live in Japan. Its standard bureaucracy. And the 5% is likely not a withdrawal at all, but a fiat to fiat transfer through a regular bank which charges them for it (though there is obviously a percentage in it for them as well). And when a bank is forced to submit reports on incoming transfers over $10k USD (in the US) to regulatory agencies, they also aren't allowed to tell the customer they are doing so (this is a fact). So EVERYTHING is a delay EVERYWHERE.

What about SEPA withdrawals coming out from Gox's Polish bank? Why 6 weeks delay?

If reporting every transaction above $10k causes so much delay, why I can wire 50k EUR to MtGox and I get them credited in 2, 3 days max.? Why the huge delays affect only outgoing and not incoming transfers?

It doesn't add up. Other exchanges have no problems with "banking limits".

Mtgox is the problem. They likely do not have all funds otherwise they would be able to allow fiat withdrawals in the same reasonable amount of time it takes to deposit funds with them.

A ponzi works the same way....easy to deposit funds but difficult to get funds out.

The laws of economics and finance do not change with mtgox.
Activity: 808
Merit: 1011
February 21, 2014, 02:13:14 PM
Anyone here, who got his BTC out of MT.SUX aka. MT.GOX?

Since days I only get:
Transfer queue is currently not accepting more requests, please retry later.
zyk
February 21, 2014, 01:10:18 PM
No - he is away and laughing his ass off that his bots still can sell bitcoins while he transfers cash balances whereever

he wants - hilarious this bitcoin thing.
legendary
Activity: 889
February 21, 2014, 12:42:13 PM
I don't understand why the protestors are still in front of the mt gox offices. Didn't Karpeles and company move out or are they still there ? Can someone elaborate on this? Thanks.
zyk
February 21, 2014, 12:26:27 PM
Depositors assets are being stolen right now in front of our very eyes !

If aliens would be selling fake BTC there, trading would be stopped.

Who then wants a cashbalance rather than BTC´s for a hundred bucks? - nobody!- but those who can quickly

withdraw the cash balance to the cayman islands  Grin  Who can obfuscate the records?  the laywers..

Why would you do that ?  Cause you know Goxbtc will be worthless in bankruptcy proceedings ---Enigma solved
legendary
February 21, 2014, 11:49:37 AM
The banking limits aren't unbelievable- if you live in Japan. Its standard bureaucracy. And the 5% is likely not a withdrawal at all, but a fiat to fiat transfer through a regular bank which charges them for it (though there is obviously a percentage in it for them as well). And when a bank is forced to submit reports on incoming transfers over $10k USD (in the US) to regulatory agencies, they also aren't allowed to tell the customer they are doing so (this is a fact). So EVERYTHING is a delay EVERYWHERE.

What about SEPA withdrawals coming out from Gox's Polish bank? Why 6 weeks delay?

If reporting every transaction above $10k causes so much delay, why I can wire 50k EUR to MtGox and I get them credited in 2, 3 days max.? Why the huge delays affect only outgoing and not incoming transfers?

Because they don't have a lot of fiat?

Just like a bank that does not have their depositors money.   

However, this is different,  they don't have either the fiat or the bitcoin.  So they can't open the floodgates to allow anybody to withdraw.    No withdrawals at Mt.Gox.   You can sell BTC and fiat to each other,  but you can never withdraw!

In summary, all the BTC and fiat that's traded at Mt.Gox is mostly all fake.  It is likely only 20% of the original still exists.  That is why there is not enough dollars to buy the fake BTC that they are selling.

This situation could last a while before Mt.Gox gets it all squared away... or another exchange buys all Mt.Gox assets and customers.  That would be quite expensive if Mt.Gox has only 20% of the depositors coins and cash.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
February 21, 2014, 11:27:55 AM
On a serious note: why there isn't yet a "Hitler got his coins stuck on Gox" video? Where is Vladimir when we need him?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
February 21, 2014, 11:21:21 AM

Merit: 257
February 21, 2014, 10:55:15 AM
They are not accepting bank deposits either while other funding option are available. WTF? Frozen account?
zyk
February 21, 2014, 10:46:24 AM
Fuck..there are no dump suckers who are selling real BTC there !!1  show me one who said that he did !!

As those who  are selling are no aliens (KYC)  the o9nly rational consequence is :

Those who are buying are the suckers !

Its a long con....the arbitrage profits have long been used up to perpatrate the Ponzi !
legendary
February 21, 2014, 10:20:35 AM

They can't legally arb themselves, and obviously they didn't (much?) otherwise there wouldnt be a gap. So... oh wait I just got trolled

Can't legally arb themselves?  What makes you think they can't?

Wouldn't be a gap?   Of course the gap will be maintained, Mt.Gox is selling more BTC that it is actually buying.   All it needs to do is buy the real BTC and sell it on another exchange.

Mt.Gox right now is playing a very deadly game of naked short selling BTC.   What that means is that they have to cover all the BTC they sold prior to allowing any BTC withdrawals?    They can do this by raising enough cash via arbitrage....  so if they can move BTC out and Fiat back in,  they will be able to cover their positions.

I just don't know how long it will take,  but the current Mt.Gox is ideal for Gox to cover their short.
zyk
February 21, 2014, 10:09:34 AM
Please....am talking of the selling right now !

Are you selling right now at Gox ? doing inverse arbitrage?

Sure that you are not !  Who is it then ?

only one solution to this easy question -- and that means the thiefs are fleeing the empty shell and taking as much

out as people still send there if nobody seizes their accounts .
Jump to: