Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 110. (Read 908613 times)

zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 20, 2014, 06:13:09 PM

[...]

It is highly likely in the next few days, people at Mt.Gox are going to be arrested.  

Yes.

Hey, who got Interpol after WW2?  I know the Nazis babysat it during the killing years, but who got it after that?  Well anyway, I am sure Interpol won't do shit, because, jurisdickshun.

Its highly likely that nobody does anything about that until the stolen coins are all sold and only laywers give

statements about  fairy - tales which happened to all those assets . Confidentially implying force-majeure of course.

But at builder you still can sell hot air for 50% in real assets---it can´t get any better.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
February 20, 2014, 06:12:34 PM
Well, in 2008, if you had bet on bank X, then you lost. I am saying when sharks frenzy on one shark, and it takes weeks, it's like moving artillery into position. For my part, I am on the side of the Goxxies, I want their coin to be good, I want their value logically and truthfully restored. I also want a pony.

Oh. Well good.  Because you can at least get a pony.

just registard

btcponies.com

please doughtnates much coin very fast wow!
American1973
February 20, 2014, 06:06:30 PM

[...]

I have several hundred BTC.  I had mined myself since 2011 before it ceased being economic for non-professionals.  I have been a Mt. Gox customer and a Coinbase customer as well as a customer of many other Bitcoin services and businesses.  I donated to become a lifetime member of the Bitcoin Foundation because Bitcoin is a disruptive, fascinating technology and I'm all on board.  I have no relationship with any Bitcoin exchange, but I did attend the Goldman Sachs Technology conference's Bitcoin panel last week, which featured Bitpay, Coinbase, and Ripple.  I'm not sure what my angle would be as an anti-Gox shill, unless "anti-Gox" is your own euphemism for pro-Bitcoin.  I am absolutely pro-Bitcoin.

This is a side project for me.  For work, I invest other people's money for a living.  For my work, I try as much as possible to ignore what people say and focus on what I can verify.  Here in L'Affaire de Gox, I ignore everything Mark says and focus on the numbers -- they give you the most accurate current discount rate for the situation and what is real and what is not.  Second to that, I'd look at history and how these numbers and this fact pattern fits in the context of similar situations.  Maybe this time is different, but most likely it is not.

The way you deal with uncertainty is to focus on the facts and what you know and prepare for the worst, rather than do what sturle counseled or pretend everything will be ok.  That is why I counsel people to seek legal remedies now.  I readily admit there is a non-zero chance everything works out fine and Mt. Gox is fine in a month -- I hope that that's case because it's better for everyone interested in Bitcoin.  It's just that that non-zero chance is indicated at 20% right now.  Responsible people should prepare for the other 80%.

Yo eeks you sound pretty coinccessful.  What you would estimate the true legal years to short this shit out x the avg hourly wage of those lawyers?

You sound very smart broseph, talk us through this next few hours, LOL.
American1973
February 20, 2014, 05:59:07 PM

[...]

It is highly likely in the next few days, people at Mt.Gox are going to be arrested.  

Yes.

Hey, who got Interpol after WW2?  I know the Nazis babysat it during the killing years, but who got it after that?  Well anyway, I am sure Interpol won't do shit, because, jurisdickshun.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
February 20, 2014, 05:48:11 PM
What is the theory - why is goxbtc/goxusd price so low?

OMG its not a theory, its in front of your eyes !

Insiders (people connected to Mark and other readily accessibles accounts and he himself are cashing out!) no matter

what ---- nobody is doing anything about that --- so they just go on....extincting any kind of proove...creating a story

together with some parasites laywers and the die is cast - pronto

This does not answer the question - why is goxbtc price so cheap compared to goxusd. They are both gox, and have been non-withdrawable for about 4 weeks.
Is not people still reporting EUR withdraws being processed? From what I've seen, EUR withdraws still occur. Also, people who believe gox is insolvent would rather hold USD maybe because they believe it will be easier to get the USD back legally.

Nobody in their right mind would sell at Gox at  these prices not you, not me not panicked japanese nobody who erroneously thinks btcs as an asset is not claimable.....really noone...besides?Huh?

I'm glad I'm out of Mtgox now because I probably would have been one of those people on Mtgox sitting there with all my Mtgox BTC wondering why as the price dropped from $900 to $100 today.

thankfully you have 560 or so instead of 900 thanks to gox phew

I'm thankful for the 560 I have. But of course depending on how this plays out, I'll always be wondering "What If?" But of course that applies to every single situation in hindsight.
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
February 20, 2014, 05:45:02 PM

Insiders (people connected to Mark and other readily accessibles accounts and he himself are cashing out!) no matter

what ---- nobody is doing anything about that --- so they just go on....extincting any kind of proove...creating a story

This does not answer the question - why is goxbtc price so cheap compared to goxusd. They are both gox, and have been non-withdrawable for about 4 weeks.
Is not people still reporting EUR withdraws being processed? From what I've seen, EUR withdraws still occur. Also, people who believe gox is insolvent would rather hold USD maybe because they believe it will be easier to get the USD back legally.

Nobody in their right mind would sell at Gox at  these prices not you, not me not panicked japanese nobody who erroneously thinks btcs as an asset is not claimable.....really noone...besides?Huh?

I'm glad I'm out of Mtgox now because I probably would have been one of those people on Mtgox sitting there with all my Mtgox BTC wondering why as the price dropped from $900 to $100 today.

thankfully you have 560 or so instead of 900 thanks to gox phew
Activity: 434
February 20, 2014, 05:21:03 PM
Does okpay work with gox?

nothing works with gox mate  Wink
this is why we are discussing the matter.
copper member
Activity: 658
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
February 20, 2014, 05:19:39 PM
Does okpay work with gox?
legendary
Activity: 868
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
February 20, 2014, 05:13:49 PM

Because, in the case of bankruptcy and court proceedings, claims in fiat are more likely to be disbursed to the creditors.  BTC claims add a layer of complexity and may not even be recognized during liquidation. The Japanese legal system is opaque at the best of times.

^^This.

if you put your claim on fiat, you will at least have a chance that your lawyer will quote highest market price in relation to the BTC held.
at the end of the day, it's still convertible.

Actually the only reasonable explanation of the price of BTC at mtgox is that what is being sold is not real BTC.   

If it were,  then the price would remain the market price.  The value however of goxusd or goxbtc would be significantly less.  However that can't be measured unless there was a way to withdraw or deposit.
legendary
February 20, 2014, 05:11:23 PM

Because, in the case of bankruptcy and court proceedings, claims in fiat are more likely to be disbursed to the creditors.  BTC claims add a layer of complexity and may not even be recognized during liquidation. The Japanese legal system is opaque at the best of times.

People who deposited fiat or BTC are not creditors.  

If fiat or BTC are missing in the accounts of the custodian,  then this is fraud.  This is very different from a company that declares bankruptcy because of lack of cash.  

It does not matter if the money is fiat or BTC.

Activity: 700
February 20, 2014, 05:10:38 PM

Activity: 434
February 20, 2014, 05:07:24 PM

^^This.

if you put your claim on fiat, you will at least have a chance that your lawyer will quote highest market price in relation to the BTC held.
at the end of the day, it's still convertible.

zyk
February 20, 2014, 05:07:09 PM

Because, in the case of bankruptcy and court proceedings, claims in fiat are more likely to be disbursed to the creditors.  BTC claims add a layer of complexity and may not even be recognized during liquidation.

Read their ToS....your oppinion is wrong...asset is asset  !
zyk
February 20, 2014, 05:04:21 PM
Why is MtGox even trading if you can't deposit or withdraw fiat or BTC?

Shouldn't all trading be halted at MtGox until everything gets normal?

The fact that they are allowing BTC to be traded at 20% of the market value tells you that they are gaming the situation!

The ponzi needs to be played to its fullest and in bitcoin - Japan you are obviously entitelt to do so, all else you don´t

have enough money for laywers and cronies.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
February 20, 2014, 05:04:09 PM

legendary
February 20, 2014, 05:01:37 PM

That is actually a good question.   goxbtc and goxusd should both be worth equally less since both are equally at risk.

However,  goxbtc unlike goxusd clearly is much lower.  Therefore, I would conclude that goxbtc is NOT real BTC.  While goxusd is real USD, but not withdrawable.

If nobody believes it now ....hindsight will tell you that those dollars are real and have been withdrawn as were all

the real BTC.

If you can't withdraw BTC ('coz likely it isn't real), then why are they allowing the trading to continue?

It is obvious that they are gaming the system so people will sell their real BTC.

This is very sick.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
February 20, 2014, 04:59:52 PM
Well, in 2008, if you had bet on bank X, then you lost. I am saying when sharks frenzy on one shark, and it takes weeks, it's like moving artillery into position. For my part, I am on the side of the Goxxies, I want their coin to be good, I want their value logically and truthfully restored. I also want a pony.

Oh. Well good.  Because you can at least get a pony.
legendary
February 20, 2014, 04:58:44 PM
Why is MtGox even trading if you can't deposit or withdraw fiat or BTC?

Shouldn't all trading be halted at MtGox until everything gets normal?

The fact that they are allowing BTC to be traded at 20% of the market value tells you that they are gaming the situation!
American1973
February 20, 2014, 04:40:16 PM
If nobody believes it now ....hindsight will tell you that those dollars are real and have been withdrawn as were all

the real BTC.

The suggestion being that they are suckering people in, and those people will be robbed.  That suggestion would be easily now valid for discussion.

edit

Further, if Gox were to become a "captured" piece like that one Lolzsec dude who turned tail, then see, it becomes a tool for coinhaters, to make BTC look unstable.  Well, it isn't unstable, it's working.

I am suggesting, you know...  "it's working".  ?   Shocked

further edit

What I mean by "it's working" is this:  Let's assume there is a secret betting room where they take odds on the survival or death of some bank.  It's called the "I think bank X will die, v. I think bank Y will die" room.  Okay?

Well, in these terms, right now, Gox is being floated into some crosshairs, and some push is going to happen.  Their cap is large, and we have not yet gotten into the "Japan Wartime Economy" moment yet, though its in the script I assume.

Well, in 2008, if you had bet on bank X, then you lost.  I am saying when sharks frenzy on one shark, and it takes weeks, it's like moving artillery into position.  For my part, I am on the side of the Goxxies, I want their coin to be good, I want their value logically and truthfully restored.  I also want a pony.
legendary
Activity: 889
February 20, 2014, 04:39:48 PM
If you deposited metal coin with someone and they clipped them and wouldn't even give you examples of the clipped coins but you managed to get one and it revealed that yes, the bullion content of your coin is actively being shat upon, well, that is a broken-bench.  Ruptured bench.  Debasing your customers coins is the same thing as stealing their gold.  The coin is worth less, because the "trueness" of it is purposefully and RICO style debauched in criminal fashion.

Sure, crypto is not gold, but, the COTUS for example specifies specie (metal bullion coin) as true money, and in terms of debt law, if you debaucvh coins as a banker, you'll either rule the world or get bought up or eliminated by whomever had entrusted their coins to you.  Debasing coins is historically the way the worlds markets move: FACT.

why does a dog lick his balls? mark karpeles do what he do?
Jump to: