Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 109. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
February 20, 2014, 11:33:08 PM
BE PATIENT and keep your coins.
MtGox is too big to fail. 1 Mie customers !
They will find a solution : takeover by another exchange, bank loans, ...
The spread BTC / EUR is only due to intra day trader who try to create the panic.

Keep your coins and wait. Let's see in one month !

agreed.

I second this as well, Ive read numerous pages on this blog since last Friday ( had I of read the blogs and done my own due diligence earlier I would of pulled out of mtgox) . I did at one time consider panic selling my coins to receive FIAT, but I calmed down and remembered that one should never make a big decision based out of emotion or fear. Although I had the presence of mind to not leave all my coins on MT.Gox the potential loss of some of my btc is upsetting but it comes with the territory in these unchartered waters otherwise known as bitcoin. At this point panic selling wont get you anywhere . Im gonna wait this out and see ....
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
February 20, 2014, 10:56:38 PM
BE PATIENT and keep your coins.
MtGox is too big to fail. 1 Mie customers !
They will find a solution : takeover by another exchange, bank loans, ...
The spread BTC / EUR is only due to intra day trader who try to create the panic.

Keep your coins and wait. Let's see in one month !

agreed.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
February 20, 2014, 10:25:27 PM
im guessing gox is getting their stolen coins into the market although they claim otherwise isn't this going to result into a further drop as the bitcoin is devaluated? Unless gox allowed withdrawls I understand price would go back up to market rate but how is the flooding of gox shit coins that are being misapropriated not going to cause further and further drops?

I am bullish and long all cryptocoin.

As to your question, the main value for my eyes, is the idea that during wartime, capital flight makes millions for those who can move capital.  So, since war is the way of humans (20th century = bloodiest century ever) then war is 99% certain which means all cryptocoin is valuable, because in essence, the body of cryptocoin is like a black market bucket, which, when Shicklegruber 2.0 restricts the duetchsmarx, cryptocoin will swell to GDP type numbers, divided into lot of wallets.  So stealing coins is the FBI way, wallets of good law abiding citizens of Earth are snagged by a group whose founder was a sneaky little crossdresser whose files were destroyed when he died.  Wallet stealing and coinfraud are the fog of war, but due to war being a result of criminality unchecked, I am long and bullish all coins.

BTW, what should I mine with my SHA-256 cube?  I mean after this summer when BTC difficulty goes way up?  I'm joking, let's keep the thread on topic:  The complete slaughter of anyone unfortunate enough to trust Gox this long.
tss
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
February 20, 2014, 10:23:40 PM
im looking at the mtgoxprotest.com site from kolin and it appears only 3 people are there?  i understand we're all international users of coin and not all of us would go there (unless all our savings were there) but my question is.. are there no angry japanese citizens using gox?  wouldn't they show up and make a big stink to at least push some sort of major news coverage.. other than the generic bitcoin is failing in general that we see? or push an japanese investigation to stop gox from running away with what im guessing is milllions?
Activity: 294
February 20, 2014, 10:02:54 PM
Mark Karpeles should be executed, and andreas Antonopoulos handed the Keys to Gox in my perfect world.
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 20, 2014, 09:54:16 PM
its going lower until all bids at bitcoinbuilder are filled , the shell is empty and the site goes dark...blopp

and the bitcoinfoundation explains why it always have been better for bitcoin being managed by Goldman Sucks

and Mark gets a seat on their board...there is where the thiefs doing GODs work belong  Wink
Activity: 406
February 20, 2014, 09:43:17 PM
Bitstamp and btce also collapse.
legendary
Activity: 889
February 20, 2014, 09:39:35 PM
that are not shitcoins...they are real I guess and the insiders just sell out and run with everything they can get as long

as no authority comes to arrest them...the lower the price the surer they are that all matters of proof will be destroyed

its take the money and run!

what money gox at 90 dollars lol. How is gox not shut down until they allow withdrawls? how is it possible?
zyk
February 20, 2014, 09:25:02 PM
that are not shitcoins...they are real I guess and the insiders just sell out and run with everything they can get as long

as no authority comes to arrest them...the lower the price the surer they are that all matters of proof will be destroyed

its take the money and run!
legendary
Activity: 889
February 20, 2014, 09:03:57 PM
THREAD RECAP:

Gox halts withdrawals
Weeks later, price hovers above 100 USD ready to be smashed into oblivion (chep cooins for somebodies much joy wow)
This means: chep coin for whomever can collect, total loss for all others.
Smart new guy on thread says lawyers would be a good idea, gives 80/20 odds, 5:1 risk factor << probably correct.

Add whatever details you want.

im guessing gox is getting their stolen coins into the market although they claim otherwise isn't this going to result into a further drop as the bitcoin is devaluated? Unless gox allowed withdrawls I understand price would go back up to market rate but how is the flooding of gox shit coins that are being misapropriated not going to cause further and further drops?
American1973
February 20, 2014, 08:44:30 PM

[...]

You have been warned -Move your funds out everywhere and get in undervalued LITECOIN instead  Wink

You should be honest and call it scryptcoin, it's basically scypt v. SHA and you know that, so be honest.  Yes, people have LTC, yes, Goxxers are like PT Barnum's dupes, but it is still sad when the frikkin oil soaked tent buns down and nobody can get out!

So sure, some other coin may take its place but you are using this to kinda shill for LTC, which I love because I have a few of those, but still, your logic is pretty much correct --about Gox, but BTC blockchain can easily exist ongoing and just use doge as carry vehcile as people are doing.  Doge being shat upon from the get go, actually becomes a viable transfer conduit.  So I'd buy a few different coins based on whos mining what, as I did.  Not JUST LTC but stay flexible.  Thieves are making up a big part of the demographic, I bet old west gold miners got fleeced proper for they audacity to go dig gold and make fortunes.  Yet, fortunes were made in both gold and shovels and law fees.
zyk
February 20, 2014, 08:33:01 PM

This guy is in on the scam-----bitcoin is sold out ,its over ---get used to it..the shit will never be used in international

commerce...why should it ?   any other coin is more suitable ! Good bye
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 2258
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
February 20, 2014, 08:22:16 PM
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
February 20, 2014, 08:16:55 PM

[...]

I don't know how many people on this board have experience with markets, investing, or the like outside of BTC.  But when something a good/commodity/stock/currency/anything is 80% lower in one place than everywhere else, it's never an "everything is ok" situation.  That is a huge discount.  It is real life arbitrage in the wild...provided that Mt. Gox is solvent and ok and reliable.  But arbitrage is a condition that gets shut down instantly by market forces.  Unless it's not arbitrage and is instead a reflection of something else, some other embedded risk.  That's what this is -- the market's decentralized invisible hand is saying pretty clearly that there is an 80% chance that Mt. Gox will not be honoring its debts (both USD and BTC) to its customers.

[...]

Yes, as I have said.

Good first post.

First good post from a newbie
or how about anti-gox shill?

I have several hundred BTC.  I had mined myself since 2011 before it ceased being economic for non-professionals.  I have been a Mt. Gox customer and a Coinbase customer as well as a customer of many other Bitcoin services and businesses.  I donated to become a lifetime member of the Bitcoin Foundation because Bitcoin is a disruptive, fascinating technology and I'm all on board.  I have no relationship with any Bitcoin exchange, but I did attend the Goldman Sachs Technology conference's Bitcoin panel last week, which featured Bitpay, Coinbase, and Ripple.  I'm not sure what my angle would be as an anti-Gox shill, unless "anti-Gox" is your own euphemism for pro-Bitcoin.  I am absolutely pro-Bitcoin.

This is a side project for me.  For work, I invest other people's money for a living.  For my work, I try as much as possible to ignore what people say and focus on what I can verify.  Here in L'Affaire de Gox, I ignore everything Mark says and focus on the numbers -- they give you the most accurate current discount rate for the situation and what is real and what is not.  Second to that, I'd look at history and how these numbers and this fact pattern fits in the context of similar situations.  Maybe this time is different, but most likely it is not.

The way you deal with uncertainty is to focus on the facts and what you know and prepare for the worst, rather than do what sturle counseled or pretend everything will be ok.  That is why I counsel people to seek legal remedies now.  I readily admit there is a non-zero chance everything works out fine and Mt. Gox is fine in a month -- I hope that that's case because it's better for everyone interested in Bitcoin.  It's just that that non-zero chance is indicated at 20% right now.  Responsible people should prepare for the other 80%.

You, Sir, have nailed it.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
zyk
February 20, 2014, 08:02:35 PM
No the thread really is ment from the beginning to get datapoints about Gox solvency:

Whoever sells thousands and thousands of "goxcoins" there for a misely 100 bucks unwithdrawable goxbalance

cannot do this without the inside involvement of Mt. Gox itself .

Either that are coins which would never be able to be sent via the blockchain or the dollars gained can be instantly

transfered to the cayman islands.

In both cases all depositors funds are squandered !

As the responsible member of bitcoinfoundations board does not tell us jack about the situation and rather let imself

being portrayed by the wallstreet journal as the savior of bicoin -protocol integrity while at the same time is moving

the companys physical adress in no mans land, a criminal investigation is necessary  if any funds want to be

retrieved or any other bitcoin exchange can be expected to do this as well.      Bitcoin as a whole is toast !

You have been warned -Move your funds out everywhere and get in undervalued LITECOIN instead  Wink

American1973
February 20, 2014, 07:15:39 PM
THREAD RECAP:

Gox halts withdrawals
Weeks later, price hovers above 100 USD ready to be smashed into oblivion (chep cooins for somebodies much joy wow)
This means: chep coin for whomever can collect, total loss for all others.
Smart new guy on thread says lawyers would be a good idea, gives 80/20 odds, 5:1 risk factor << probably correct.

Add whatever details you want.
American1973
February 20, 2014, 06:54:37 PM

No idea

Okay, and so you have no idea, but you suggest lawyers would be a good idea.  As I said earlier, I bet 1000 lawyers will now accept BTC.

Whatever about the thread, can you tell me this much:  Do you know any lawyers who accept bitcoin, and also, do you think lawyering is an honest profession?

Anyway, I only bounced your words to hear if you had any ideas (you answered literally 'no idea') so thanks.
American1973
February 20, 2014, 06:16:40 PM

[...]

It is highly likely in the next few days, people at Mt.Gox are going to be arrested.  

Yes.

Hey, who got Interpol after WW2?  I know the Nazis babysat it during the killing years, but who got it after that?  Well anyway, I am sure Interpol won't do shit, because, jurisdickshun.

Its highly likely that nobody does anything about that until the stolen coins are all sold and only laywers give

statements about  fairy - tales which happened to all those assets . Confidentially implying force-majeure of course.

But at builder you still can sell hot air for 50% in real assets---it can´t get any better.

This builder thing is where you trade Goxcoin within Gox?  Is that right?

Kinda like how a Magic card ever is wroth ANYTHING, well, it's a god damned card.  Not worth an ounce of gold YET, it draws that, does it not?

Mhhhmmm, so yeah, hold Goxcoin long, get lawyer.  Or, throw USD at it, daytrade it, and make bank x# of years from now in the unwind.  Hmm...
Jump to: