Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 144. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
February 13, 2014, 01:44:03 PM
When btc withdrawal will resume on mtgox?

Nobody knows...
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1002
February 13, 2014, 01:40:30 PM
When btc withdrawal will resume on mtgox?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
February 13, 2014, 01:22:10 PM
just stop using MtGox Smiley and use other Exchanges. Problem gone
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
February 13, 2014, 12:42:12 PM
the situation is out of control  Huh

It is, take your dollars and get out of this scam as long as you can.(If you are on Bitstamp)

Stop hatin on MTGox u fools, all of the other exchanges are in the same situation. Gox were the first who were aware of the problem and gave a fair warning to everyone.

Err, no. Other people have been aware for a long time and put up wiki pages and such. Gox now gave some funny people some funny ideas. And here we are.

+1

no issues with Kraken, who have already said they don't do their accounting on malleable transaction ID's - which is in truth, what has caused the problem, and not the malleable issue itself.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
February 13, 2014, 12:40:14 PM

It is, take your dollars and get out of this scam as long as you can.(If you are on Bitstamp)

Stop hatin on MTGox u fools, all of the other exchanges are in the same situation. Gox were the first who were aware of the problem and gave a fair warning to everyone.

Err, no. Other people have been aware for a long time and put up wiki pages and such. Gox now gave some funny people some funny ideas. And here we are.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
February 13, 2014, 12:17:50 PM

Activity: 406
February 13, 2014, 12:02:10 PM
the situation is out of control  Huh
Activity: 91
February 13, 2014, 11:59:18 AM

Is it just me or does Karpeles response sound an awful lot like, "I'm going to fuck with you until you fix my problems for me."?  This makes me question who is behind the DDoS...
It is just you.

Man is just you ... Karpeles is not vindictive, he is just the lazy fat kid type struggling to grow up ! give this poor kid some credit and he will end selling your identity to French mafia !
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
February 13, 2014, 09:34:23 AM
Is it just me or does Karpeles response sound an awful lot like, "I'm going to fuck with you until you fix my problems for me."?  This makes me question who is behind the DDoS...
It is just you.

##
legendary
Activity: 1437
https://bitmynt.no
February 13, 2014, 09:31:00 AM
It is just you.
February 13, 2014, 09:24:08 AM

I wouldn't go as far to say he is compiling any vindictive physical attack. he's just an incompetent fool compiling vindictive verbal attacks, continually.
Activity: 62
February 13, 2014, 09:22:57 AM
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 13, 2014, 08:24:57 AM
Other news which may influence how you plan your BTC purchases when the BTC withdrawal floodgates open:
Quote from: SarahCoinBit in #mtgox
11:57 <@SarahCoinBit> Diabolicus_Work I've had more requests to cancel fiat withdrawals in the last two days than i have in the last two months
This quote simply says that they are delaying support on purpose on most everything else.

The cancel requests have been the fastest support responses in a long time and yet there she is saying that she's getting a large number of them ...

But that should speed up fiat withdraw, whish is not happening   Huh

I suppose most of the fiat withdrawals were requested after the BTC problems started to show up around the 29th-30th of Jan, and currently these are the transactions that are being cancelled.

Meaning, if you tried to withdraw your money before that, this "mass-cancel" won't really affect your position in the queue.

I withdrew my EUR on the 29th, 30th and 31st, then on the 3rd, 4th and 5th of Feb, so I'm expecting the first one to arrive around the 15th of March, then the rest in every 20 days.
February 13, 2014, 07:16:38 AM
We have proposed a solution that would allow people sending bitcoins to track sent coins no matter what happens in terms of malleability (a solution that can be applied quickly and without breaking anything), and the Bitcoin developers are preparing ways to prevent modified transactions from being relayed by the network (which will take a lot of time and may break some bitcoin custom clients).
again, laying the boot into the devs and bitcoin network.
no word on the why's and how-to's regarding excessively delayed fiat withdrawals.
the man is a liability to himself.
No, Mark is referring to this ongoing work.  You can verify the claim there if you wish.  All clients will have to be upgraded to enforce this behaviour.

regardless, it was not necessary to include that type of wording. There are a range of phrases which may have been used to state that custom clients may require updating - post fix. This man has been blaming everyone but mt gox on the problems which mt gox are suffering, and this is just another snide comment. he is a liability.
legendary
February 13, 2014, 07:11:20 AM
Other news which may influence how you plan your BTC purchases when the BTC withdrawal floodgates open:
11:57 <@SarahCoinBit> Diabolicus_Work I've had more requests to cancel fiat withdrawals in the last two days than i have in the last two months
The cancel requests have been the fastest support responses in a long time and yet there she is saying that she's getting a large number of them ...
But that should speed up fiat withdraw, whish is not happening   Huh
You won't notice the effect immediately, of course.
legendary
February 13, 2014, 07:09:13 AM
We have proposed a solution that would allow people sending bitcoins to track sent coins no matter what happens in terms of malleability (a solution that can be applied quickly and without breaking anything), and the Bitcoin developers are preparing ways to prevent modified transactions from being relayed by the network (which will take a lot of time and may break some bitcoin custom clients).
no word on the why's and how-to's regarding excessively delayed fiat withdrawals.
No, Mark is referring to this ongoing work.  You can verify the claim there if you wish.  All clients will have to be upgraded to enforce this behaviour.
Activity: 91
February 13, 2014, 06:41:45 AM
This quote simply says that they are delaying support on purpose on most everything else.

But that should speed up fiat withdraw, whish is not happening   Huh
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
February 13, 2014, 06:31:01 AM

February 13, 2014, 06:30:09 AM
Finaly some more information about/from mtgox and bitcoin foundation current moves : http://www.forbes.com/sites/leoking/2014/02/13/mt-gox-ceo-mark-karpeles-responds-to-widespread-bitcoin-criticism/

Here is a sample :

Mark Karpeles :

legendary
February 13, 2014, 06:19:21 AM
Okay, and why do you use MtGox still.
Decent APIs, only well functioning multi-currency exchange, very good arbitrage vs other exchanges and a deep order book.  To sum it up: Profit.
The only profit you or anyone makes from the use of Mt.Gox arises from the gross disparity of information among its users regarding how to use it, resulting from Mt.Gox discriminatory customer service practices. There is no legitimate arbitrage opportunity arising from market forces (regional money flows imbalance ie. remittances disparity) or even 3rd party actions (taxation, regulation). The only thing we are arbitraging is the severity of disparity of proprietary information among its users.
There will always be some who dig deep into the APIs and the inner quirks on an exchange, and casual traders who either don't care or don't have time to learn it.  And of course the devil often lies in the details.  Like the 2.5% currency conversion fee when a order is matched against an order in another currency.  Not many people understand how this works, even if it is accurately explained in the ToS and FAQ.  There is extra profit to be made for those who do understand and know how to use it for one's own advantage.  E.g. internal arbitrage, pocketing up to 2.5% - 2 x trade fees under certain market conditions.  Most users are just not interested in those small details, and are just fine with trading BTC/USD all day long.  The information is out there, but there is a disparity among the users who understand it, those who don't and those who simply don't care.

I don't agree there will never be arbitrage opportunities due to third party action.  E.g. some US banks blocking transfers from MtGox even when acting as intermediate.  When the money flow is hindered for a large number of users due to third party actions, imbalances will arise.  Third parties can hinder the flow of information as well:

Quote from: MagicalTux in #mtgox
04:06 < x> MagicalTux: as a cusomer i think its time for a culture shift at your operation...more open communication with the community and the devels
04:07 <@MagicalTux> x, problem is that we still have some pending issues since early 2013 that hinder our communication efforts
04:30 < y> "some pending issues since early 2013 that hinder our communication efforts" translation: "we are under a gag order from US authorities"

I included the last quote even if it is speculation, but I think it is quite obvious by now that something like this is going on.  I assume this is the reason why all attempts of legal action against MtGox have failed as well.  The justice system can not force MtGox to do something which the government prevents them from doing.  The case would have to be raised against the government, not MtGox.

There will always be various information sources as well.  Some good, some bad, some ugly.  Some ignored by most due to the sheer volume and detail, and not forget all the deliberate attempts to mislead the market with false information and speculation.  IMHO the false information is the biggest problem here.  Regulators don't seem to care about people who manipulate the Bitcoin market by spreading lies.  In an open community like bitcoin there will always be sources of information which are open but which people don't connect directly to MtGox.  E.g. if you want to have updates look on how the work on the new transaction hash is progressing, including comments from MtGox and other exchanges, you should go to GitHub or follow the discussions among the developers in #bitcoin-dev and on the mailing lists.  The process is in the open, but it is not obvious to all that this information is important or even relevant.
Jump to: