Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 197. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 28, 2014, 12:24:03 PM
Guys I have a question: this morning I wanted to withdraw 2.8btc from my Mt.Gox account. I split it up in 2 parts of 1.4 each...
The idea was one part to Multibit and one to other exchange.

First withdrawl: 8:36 (email received) didn't appear on the blockchain nor in my Multibit wallet
As I saw nothing coming up I thought I forgot to confirm so I clicked confirm again, now 1.4 btc instantly appeared in Multibit. Another email 8:40 received about this transaction.

So clearly this 8:36 transaction is missing, my BTC funds are down by 2.8 btc, but I only recieved 1.4 I can't find this 8:36 transaction in blockchain.info and when I type my multibit address or transactionID in http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php I can't find any error message.

What should I do? Wait a bit until the system auto-fixes this? Or write support ticket asap?
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
January 28, 2014, 11:50:33 AM
what about from mt gox to another bitcoin wallet why is it taking over 24 hours? Backlog ?they don't have the money? 200 dollar plus markup and 24 hours money out of my account no response from support who is there 24 seven wtf? Is it a japenese holiday that they aren't responding to emails?
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
January 28, 2014, 11:36:10 AM
dont you get it ?...there is a 20 percent profit guarentee when dealing with Mt. Gox....free money for all Sepa account holders !! Wink
I guess what he means is that it takes over 6 weeks to get you money.
So it isn't very profitable if you have to wait such a long time
About 20 days between each payout.  Read the top post on this page.  18% every 20 days is darn good interest.  You could take up a credit card loan to finance it, and still be profitable.  (I haven't of course, and I won't recommend anyone to do it either.)
Activity: 18
January 28, 2014, 11:35:45 AM
Hey, I didn't say it's a good idea - I don't do it Wink. Just saying that exchange rate risk is not one of the (many) risks you're exposed to.

true story  Wink
January 28, 2014, 10:51:12 AM
Yes, ONE TIME. Nice. But if you try to do that more than once you risk buying back your BTC at Bitstamp to a price higher than 18% as soon (or late) as your money arrives. That`s all I`m saying.

I think this scenario assumes you always have a pool of fiat and are not 100% BTC. You can do the operation multiple times, just buy on bitstamp exactly the same time as you sell on Gox, every time. Then transfer the BTC to Gox, wait a month for your SEPA to show up, then repeat.

"Just wait a month"...

It takes a little bit longer than a month Wink
And If you invest a large amount, you're always scared that Gox will scam you, aren't you?
So it's nice for a daredevil.
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
January 28, 2014, 10:23:07 AM
but then you sell em again for the nice markup...everybody is beginning to do that right now...the spread alraedy crashed to a mere 13 %

buying panic at bitstamp!....don´t miss out...sell the whales at gox their coins for a nice profit...ready steady go ! Grin
legendary
Activity: 984
January 28, 2014, 10:14:21 AM
Yes, ONE TIME. Nice. But if you try to do that more than once you risk buying back your BTC at Bitstamp to a price higher than 18% as soon (or late) as your money arrives. That`s all I`m saying.
zyk
January 28, 2014, 10:11:05 AM
yeah..there are famous riches to be made..Bernanke hands out for 0.3 % year...... Gox gives us 18 % monthly!....lets everybody do it in droves .....

we might even get the spread down a bit Wink  and then Gox is considered solvent again...win-win Grin    everybody gains
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Bitstamp trader
January 28, 2014, 09:43:32 AM
yes, but where`s the profit if he has to buy the btc back at more than 18%? Or is it a one time strategy?

he buys on bitstamp, sells immediately on gox for 18 % profit... just that his funds arrive one month later.

nevertheless good return on investment Wink
January 28, 2014, 09:42:26 AM
dont you get it ?...there is a 20 percent profit guarentee when dealing with Mt. Gox....free money for all Sepa account holders !! Wink

I guess what he means is that it takes over 6 weeks to get you money.
So it isn't very profitable if you have to wait such a long time
zyk
January 28, 2014, 09:37:41 AM
legendary
January 28, 2014, 09:36:01 AM
yes, but where`s the profit if he has to buy the btc back at more than 18%? Or is it a one time strategy?
legendary
Activity: 1428
January 28, 2014, 09:17:57 AM
Ok. So your arbitrage strategy works with an almost constant BTC price. If it moves too fast during the 6 weeks you are waiting, you easily miss more than 18%.

Arbitrage Guarantees a profit unlike market movements.

legendary
January 28, 2014, 08:47:29 AM
Ok. So your arbitrage strategy works with an almost constant BTC price. If it moves too fast during the 6 weeks you are waiting, you easily miss more than 18%.
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
January 28, 2014, 08:37:03 AM
I've got one from the 7th.   They are currently processing on the 8th.   You will be waiting another week probably.
HOW do you know this?
He probably read the FAQ.
January 28, 2014, 08:13:59 AM
Sorry for the people unable to withdraw USD from MtGox.

HOWEVER, SEPA does work. This is my recent SEPA withdraw history.
All withdraws coming from Poland to Belgium.
All amounts >> 1k€

- okt 21, received nov 26
- nov 9, received dec 17
- nov 16, received jan 8
- nov 19, received today jan 28
- nov 27, not yet received (so by the 20 day rule it should arrive on Feb 17)

The general rules from the MtGox FAQ seem to apply:
- about 6 weeks for a transfer
- minimum 20 days between each transfer (this is the one that seems to apply to 4 last transfers)

Johan, which bank do you use? (and also, a Flemish or a Walloon bank?)
I use "VDK Spaarbank".

So you say every withrawal you made arrived?
That would be great!
Activity: 140
Merit: 37
January 28, 2014, 08:10:17 AM
Sorry for the people unable to withdraw USD from MtGox.

HOWEVER, SEPA does work. This is my recent SEPA withdraw history.
All withdraws coming from Poland to Belgium.
All amounts >> 1k€

- okt 21, received nov 26
- nov 9, received dec 17
- nov 16, received jan 8
- nov 19, received today jan 28
- nov 27, not yet received (so by the 20 day rule it should arrive on Feb 17)

The general rules from the MtGox FAQ seem to apply:
- about 6 weeks for a transfer
- minimum 20 days between each transfer (this is the one that seems to apply to 4 last transfers)
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 28, 2014, 07:27:42 AM
New fun with gox.. "Invalid amount, limit reached" -even though the amount was well below my daily limit and more then enough funds on the exchange. After trying random values I was able to withdraw 300€, let's see when they arrive.

I'm not happy with the delays, but could live with that. What I can't agree on is randomly cutting down the daily limit, without even showing it to me.

edit: same thing with btc withdrawals  Sad

Got my withdrawal now.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mtgox-withdrawal-invalid-amount-mostly-for-the-lulz-434734

Hello. Any update about Japanese withdraws?
I'm still waiting mine from 12th January.

I've got one from the 7th.   They are currently processing on the 8th.   You will be waiting another week probably.

HOW do you know this?
Activity: 353
Merit: 250
January 28, 2014, 07:25:41 AM
New fun with gox.. "Invalid amount, limit reached" -even though the amount was well below my daily limit and more then enough funds on the exchange. After trying random values I was able to withdraw 300€, let's see when they arrive.

I'm not happy with the delays, but could live with that. What I can't agree on is randomly cutting down the daily limit, without even showing it to me.

Seems that you have to cancel your bids or asks first before you can withdraw any fiat / BTC. Makes sense, but the error message should mention it nonetheless.

omg, makes sense - thanks!!
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
January 28, 2014, 07:07:49 AM

Seems that you have to cancel your bids or asks first before you can withdraw any fiat / BTC. Makes sense, but the error message should mention it nonetheless.
Jump to: