Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 196. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
January 29, 2014, 01:16:34 AM
My thinking is a huge whale has already tried unsuccessfully. I'd say in the beginning of January was a good time. But we're almost at the end of Jan 31 and other then China and FBI's BTC is the only predicted bad news on the horizon. So there's a higher chance now that BTC will go up 20+% in those 6 weeks in which you may not get your withdrawal.
We'll see. If 20% rise happens, then just the rest of my BTC will work for me. Anyway what bitcoin learned me is that "news based trade" simply does not work. Personally I think BTC is still overvalued and it won't rise rapidly.
Activity: 212
January 28, 2014, 07:51:24 PM
MtGox finally accepted my bank account. Pushed some PLN to my bank. We'll see. It is rather low amount (less than 0.2 BTC). Will keep you informed.
dont do it.
sepa withdrawals are like waiting for godot (they hardly ever arrive - and even if they do, it is months for sure).
and now even btc withdrawals are getting "lost" in great numbers (check out the thread at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/broken-btc-withdrawals-on-gox-2230-est-28-jan-1654-broken-tx-431117).

do yourself a favour, dont give anything to mtgox you ever want to see again. seriously.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
January 28, 2014, 07:07:45 PM
Good luck. But if expect BTC to rise 20% in that time, you are better off using a different exchange.
Why should I? I've bought on BitStamp at 810 USD, sold on MtGox for 960. Then I'm some 30 USD in plus. I have to subtract two trading fees (cost of learning...), SEPA fee, which will be around 2 USD, then my bank will automatically convert EUR to PLN at some not very interesting rate... Still should be worth it. How is bitcoin priced in 6 weeks is completely irrelevant, it may be even 10 USD... Well, if it will be 1500 USD, holding would be better Wink. The worst what can happen is MtGox total collapse and my money lost.

Of course doing arbitrage with 0.2 BTC is pathetitc, but I want a proof of concept for myself.

My thinking is a huge whale has already tried unsuccessfully. I'd say in the beginning of January was a good time. But we're almost at the end of Jan 31 and other then China and FBI's BTC is the only predicted bad news on the horizon. So there's a higher chance now that BTC will go up 20+% in those 6 weeks in which you may not get your withdrawal.
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
January 28, 2014, 07:02:07 PM
really btc withdrawls are not working anymore either or are they taking a mere six weeks?Huh  thats another way to get the spread down quickly  Cheesy Wink

#202343 bitcoin withdrawl

this withdrawl is not entering the blockchain but deducted from my account....

2014/01/28 17:27:12   Withdraw    7.00000000 BTC   0.34682426 BTC
Bitcoin withdraw to 19yrrJkasZPcBWvLSBhgotaFW9HT9z4KYS

what is happening? thanks
Activity: 140
Merit: 37
January 28, 2014, 05:21:56 PM
MtGox finally accepted my bank account. Pushed some PLN to my bank. We'll see. It is rather low amount (less than 0.2 BTC). Will keep you informed.
Is this a general pattern - a few small withdrawals go though, but not big ones? That's yet another indication that Mt. Gox is out of money.

No, the amounts I received through SEPA are all large (>> 1k€) and they go through as stated in their FAQ.
January 28, 2014, 05:10:37 PM
Good luck. But if expect BTC to rise 20% in that time, you are better off using a different exchange.
Why should I? I've bought on BitStamp at 810 USD, sold on MtGox for 960. Then I'm some 30 USD in plus. I have to subtract two trading fees (cost of learning...), SEPA fee, which will be around 2 USD, then my bank will automatically convert EUR to PLN at some not very interesting rate... Still should be worth it. How is bitcoin priced in 6 weeks is completely irrelevant, it may be even 10 USD... Well, if it will be 1500 USD, holding would be better Wink. The worst what can happen is MtGox total collapse and my money lost.

Of course doing arbitrage with 0.2 BTC is pathetitc, but I want a proof of concept for myself.
Activity: 700
January 28, 2014, 04:55:28 PM
Is this a general pattern - a few small withdrawals go though, but not big ones? That's yet another indication that Mt. Gox is out of money.
Status update. It turned out that I cannot do a PLN withdrawal. The request has been rejected, with information that I have to withdraw in EUR. Then I had to buy bitcoins with PLN, sell them for EUR (FAQ says there is no other way to convert), of course paying the trade fee two times Undecided. Anyway I've put another withdrawal request, in EUR this time. It is worth noting however, that PLN withdrawal cancellation has been very fast as for MtGox, less than a hour Wink.

Updated: Now the withdrawal is "confirmed". Then, farewell my money, see you in 6 weeks, I hope...  Grin

January 28, 2014, 04:36:01 PM
Status update. It turned out that I cannot do a PLN withdrawal. The request has been rejected, with information that I have to withdraw in EUR. Then I had to buy bitcoins with PLN, sell them for EUR (FAQ says there is no other way to convert), of course paying the trade fee two times Undecided. Anyway I've put another withdrawal request, in EUR this time. It is worth noting however, that PLN withdrawal cancellation has been very fast as for MtGox, less than a hour Wink.

Updated: Now the withdrawal is "confirmed". Then, farewell my money, see you in 6 weeks, I hope...  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
January 28, 2014, 04:29:03 PM
I have been verified on Mtgox, I wonder if I should deposit any money on the website
Activity: 501
January 28, 2014, 04:17:09 PM

I withdrew NOK on nov 19. Still nothing. I used international wire. Maybe it takes longer.

Cancel your withdrawal and withdraw with SEPA. International wires are not being sent at all (besides those "emergency" wires with 5% extra charge). As far as I know, there are still SWIFT transfers from June that haven't been sent.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
January 28, 2014, 04:11:49 PM
January 28, 2014, 04:08:25 PM
if it's a SEPA Withdrawal, good luck!  Wink
Hard to say. People are reporting that all SEPA withdrawals are done through a Polish bank (BZWBK). I don't know how MtGox transfers fiat from Japan to BZWBK, but then they send SEPA transfers from there. In my case it would be simplier, as they can just transfer PLN between two Polish banks with a domestic Polish bank transfer. This is usually very fast (24 hours). Anyway I do expect delays, just want to verify this method of withdrawal.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
January 28, 2014, 03:54:36 PM

if it's a SEPA Withdrawal, good luck!  Wink
January 28, 2014, 03:45:59 PM
Activity: 8
January 28, 2014, 03:42:46 PM
yes i withdrew a small amount y'day which arrived right away, BUT im still waiting on 87 BTC from Saturday. I will keep you guys updated on how i go today.
Activity: 102
Merit: 13
How do I change an avatar?
January 28, 2014, 03:36:58 PM
Has anyone successfully withdrawn BTC since Sunday?

Thanks
Activity: 18
January 28, 2014, 03:21:43 PM
Johan, which bank do you use? (and also, a Flemish or a Walloon bank?)
I use "VDK Spaarbank".

So you say every withrawal you made arrived?
That would be great!

Yes, every withdrawal has arrived, even the ones in BTC.
My history is quite a bit longer than that, but only the current ones are relevant I think.

My bank is ING, well known in Holland  Grin

I know ING Cheesy I also have an account, but I'd like to seperate them. (ING ==> Kraken / VDK ==> GOX)

My first withdrawal is one year ago or something, and it took 3 days I guess. So compared to nowadays, a LOT has changed  Shocked
Activity: 140
Merit: 37
January 28, 2014, 03:11:54 PM
Johan, which bank do you use? (and also, a Flemish or a Walloon bank?)
I use "VDK Spaarbank".

So you say every withrawal you made arrived?
That would be great!

Yes, every withdrawal has arrived, even the ones in BTC.
My history is quite a bit longer than that, but only the current ones are relevant I think.

My bank is ING, well known in Holland  Grin
Activity: 183
January 28, 2014, 02:49:08 PM
Sorry for the people unable to withdraw USD from MtGox.

HOWEVER, SEPA does work. This is my recent SEPA withdraw history.
All withdraws coming from Poland to Belgium.
All amounts >> 1k€

- okt 21, received nov 26
- nov 9, received dec 17
- nov 16, received jan 8
- nov 19, received today jan 28
- nov 27, not yet received (so by the 20 day rule it should arrive on Feb 17)

The general rules from the MtGox FAQ seem to apply:
- about 6 weeks for a transfer
- minimum 20 days between each transfer (this is the one that seems to apply to 4 last transfers)

I withdrew NOK on nov 19. Still nothing. I used international wire. Maybe it takes longer.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
January 28, 2014, 12:29:24 PM
Guys I have a question: this morning I wanted to withdraw 2.8btc from my Mt.Gox account. I split it up in 2 parts of 1.4 each...
The idea was one part to Multibit and one to other exchange.

First withdrawl: 8:36 (email received) didn't appear on the blockchain nor in my Multibit wallet
As I saw nothing coming up I thought I forgot to confirm so I clicked confirm again, now 1.4 btc instantly appeared in Multibit. Another email 8:40 received about this transaction.

So clearly this 8:36 transaction is missing, my BTC funds are down by 2.8 btc, but I only recieved 1.4 I can't find this 8:36 transaction in blockchain.info and when I type my multibit address or transactionID in http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php I can't find any error message.

What should I do? Wait a bit until the system auto-fixes this? Or write support ticket asap?

LoL, Mtgox is dead
Jump to: