Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 221. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
November 29, 2013, 06:56:29 AM
I think that the 50k EUR withdrawal limit is complete BS, made up by the Gox head himself.  What bank would put such a limit on their clients, they, after all, make money on volume.

What kind of law would say "you should only be able to transfer 50k EUR per day from Japan to Europe". 
SEPA is EU + EEA + Switzerland and Monaco.  Japan is not included.  Their SEPA bank is in Poland.  The law is called the EU Payment Service Directive.  Look it up or look a bit earlier in this thread for quotes and discussion.  Someone even called their bank and got the limit confirmed.
First you spread the BS that GOX has a limit of 50k, after reading up it suddenly became 100k.
Which is it now after the double up?
And how long do your withdraws take for spreading their agenda?

Oh, and btw you either mean EFTA which Switzerland is a part of, or if you talk about EEA then you need to exclude Croatia.
Read up before you spread your propaganda, or somebody might take over your job at GOX.
Activity: 756
Merit: 1000
November 29, 2013, 06:55:24 AM
I have a friend who has sent money to Mt. Gox bank account and they are saying it has not arrived. Is this normal at the moment? (If he had asked me first I would have told him to stay well away in the first place)
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
November 29, 2013, 04:21:35 AM
I think that the 50k EUR withdrawal limit is complete BS, made up by the Gox head himself.  What bank would put such a limit on their clients, they, after all, make money on volume.

What kind of law would say "you should only be able to transfer 50k EUR per day from Japan to Europe". 
SEPA is EU + EEA + Switzerland and Monaco.  Japan is not included.  Their SEPA bank is in Poland.  The law is called the EU Payment Service Directive.  Look it up or look a bit earlier in this thread for quotes and discussion.  Someone even called their bank and got the limit confirmed.
legendary
November 29, 2013, 04:16:20 AM
Hei Sturle. Nordmann her. Akershus.

I sold some bitcoin -> NOK at Mt.Gox 6-7 days ago made the transfer to my Norwegian bank in NOK just after.  Do you know how long time it takes for Mt.Gox too send money to norwegian banks? Any history?
You were the one!  Not many people trade NOK on MtGox. :-)

I don't have any information on how long NOK transfers take.  Will be interesting to find out.  Please report when you receive it!
legendary
November 29, 2013, 04:11:50 AM
For instance bitcoin.org guides you straight to MtGox while saying "Well-known bitcoin exchange. Sign up for an account, verify yourself and you can purchase a large number of bitcoins.". What it should say is "Bitcoin exchange that is well-known for various problems". The bitcoin community shouldn't just accept the low quality standards that MtGox has to offer. It is absurd that these faults are only discussed by a few people in this forum and the rest will just accept them as they are. People should be warned and the community leaders should be the ones who do it on pages that are widely visited.
Could you suggest a more secure, solid, trustworthy and legally operating exchange for a global customer base?

All exchanges are known for various problems.  You don't have to announce the fact that water is wet.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
November 29, 2013, 03:31:05 AM
Good news everyone, MtGox doubled their SEPA limit! This might mean that the withdrawal queue is reduced.

https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20131120.html

The price of bitcoin is more double in several months. So the withdrawal queue is not sure to be reduced.
Activity: 4
November 29, 2013, 02:08:35 AM
I have now been waiting 60 hrs for my BTC withdrawal to be re-submitted.  I have put in 3 support requests and they are all still awaiting assignment.  I have emailed Mark at his bitcoin foundation email address and also circulated details of this problem to the board of the bitcoin foundation.  The transaction is;

6a7f8f2e72ed20ee00885fe4424a02db017e03739ca6982f99371f5d73eaa365

I tried pushing the raw tx to the network but it told me it was a double-spend.

I understand that MtGox is under all sorts of pressure but he has had a bumper year and should be able to get organised.  There is no excuse for not communicating on an issue of this nature.

72 hrs now.  Still no sign of my BTC from MtGox.  Still no-one assigned to my support requests. Still no reply from Mark.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
November 29, 2013, 01:58:31 AM
I just received my 5%-fee wire that was requested 4 weeks ago.

USD? Was it more than $10k?

Yes and yes.
Activity: 407
Merit: 250
November 28, 2013, 10:41:39 PM

It could be that the Gox money is already seized by the FBI, or MTGox think they can increase their volume (and thus the profits) by artificially keeping the funds trapped.

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
November 28, 2013, 04:26:16 PM
2) Increased SEPA withdrawal limits

You’ve been asking for it, and now we’ve managed to negotiate with our bank in Poland to better facilitate SEPA withdrawals. In fact, they’ve doubled our limit. This is great news, and we’re trying to get more all the time to increase the speed of withdrawals.

ROFL
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
November 28, 2013, 03:50:35 PM
Bitcoin community should inform newcomers about the dangers involved when dealing with MtGox.

+1

That is why I whine incessantly about the issues I'm having.  It keeps the threads active and near the top of the various boards.  Hopefully newbies will see them, and if the complaints are fairly legitimate (which I believe to be the case) then hopefully people can avoid being burnt.

It would be nice it there were a more reliable way for new users to obtain high quality information on what firms were trustworthy and functional.  The Bitcoin Foundation doesn't seem to give a shit as long as somebody pays the dues (e.g., Tradefortress and his inputs.io scam.)

I gotta believe that Mt. Gox would be better off to just come clean about their issues and say straight up that they cannot support USD in user-sell mode.  If that were the case, I would have just monitored the situation and would probably use them again when it became possible.  That they are still trying to suck customers in just plain sucks.  I hope that they are losing more customers in the long run than they are gaining by this strategy.

Activity: 183
Merit: 100
November 28, 2013, 03:08:31 PM
My withdrawal has been stuck for almost 33 hours now!!
http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php?searchme=8c94a0166007d882b8d64504a823cffd7763d9a505cb0066ce9e73925693027c&Submit=Search

Is there absolutely anything one can do besides waiting?!
No answer from support yet either... Actually they haven't even assigned my ticket a support operator yet... Sad
There is nothing you can do.  Input already spent means they have given up this attempt and are trying to cancel it by issuing a new transaction using one of the same inputs with a higher fee.  MtGox will issue a new transaction for you when the cancelling transaction goes through.  Sometimes the cancelling transaction is troublesome as well, and that's when the waiting starts getting long..

Hei Sturle. Nordmann her. Akershus.

I sold some bitcoin -> NOK at Mt.Gox 6-7 days ago made the transfer to my Norwegian bank in NOK just after.  Do you know how long time it takes for Mt.Gox too send money to norwegian banks? Any history?

Landsmann. Smiley
November 28, 2013, 02:49:48 PM
I am still waiting on a withdrawal from 5 months ago with Gox. They have not answered any support requests lately either. Asked for an update days ago and no reply. Created a new support request a couple days ago and it hasn't even been assigned yet.

I don't think they can really be considered an exchange any more. It's more of a bitcoin shop where you can buy bitcoins at inflated prices. Or, you can throw your bitcoins away by turning them into special Mtgox virtual  USD,  AUD etc which only exists in the mtgox world.

Look at their facebook page and their canned answers to every question. I don't think any real people work there anymore. MtGhost company.

November 28, 2013, 02:22:35 PM
I have now been waiting 60 hrs for my BTC withdrawal to be re-submitted.  I have put in 3 support requests and they are all still awaiting assignment.  I have emailed Mark at his bitcoin foundation email address and also circulated details of this problem to the board of the bitcoin foundation.  The transaction is;

6a7f8f2e72ed20ee00885fe4424a02db017e03739ca6982f99371f5d73eaa365

I tried pushing the raw tx to the network but it told me it was a double-spend.

I understand that MtGox is under all sorts of pressure but he has had a bumper year and should be able to get organised.  There is no excuse for not communicating on an issue of this nature.
Activity: 153
November 28, 2013, 01:20:14 PM
Bitcoin community should inform newcomers about the dangers involved when dealing with MtGox.

+1
Activity: 792
Merit: 1000
Bite me
November 28, 2013, 12:51:41 PM
@magicaltux was on irc about 1.5hrs ago ....
Activity: 44
November 28, 2013, 12:46:39 PM
You know, technical problems happen, things can go wrong, but that they say they have a 24/7/365 support and have not bothered to give a single answer in 50+ hours is ridiculous!
Activity: 140
banned but not broken
November 28, 2013, 11:37:03 AM
Bitcoin community should inform newcomers about the dangers involved when dealing with MtGox. MtGox only preys upon new people who don't have experience when dealing with them. MtGox is giving the bitcoin market system a bad name and it shouldn't be just ignored and left as it is.
For instance bitcoin.org guides you straight to MtGox while saying "Well-known bitcoin exchange. Sign up for an account, verify yourself and you can purchase a large number of bitcoins.". What it should say is "Bitcoin exchange that is well-known for various problems". The bitcoin community shouldn't just accept the low quality standards that MtGox has to offer. It is absurd that these faults are only discussed by a few people in this forum and the rest will just accept them as they are. People should be warned and the community leaders should be the ones who do it on pages that are widely visited.
Activity: 44
November 28, 2013, 11:12:11 AM
49 hours later and still no sign of my BTC withdrawal... Sad
(nor answer to any of the support tickets I opened...)
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
November 28, 2013, 10:55:09 AM
Good news everyone, MtGox doubled their SEPA limit! This might mean that the withdrawal queue is reduced.

https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20131120.html

Neat! Although the volumes are still scary even with the doubled limit. Might take a lot more jumping through hoops from MtGox to actually be able to clear their SEPA queue.
I think it helps that they only allow a transfer every 20 days. I'm wondering if the limit was the number of transactions or the amount or EUR.
Jump to: