Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 220. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
December 01, 2013, 09:19:01 PM
Bitcoin briefly dropped 25-30% today, and is now down about 15% from the peak. We'll probably see some recent speculators seeing a top, exiting the market, and demanding their money tomorrow. It will be interesting to see which exchanges pay up and which don't.

One angry, rich investor going after Mt. Gox with lawyers and regulators in Japan could bring down the whole house of cards in a hurry.
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
December 01, 2013, 07:12:31 AM
Another euro sepa transfer went to pending today done 2013/11/07. That is exactly 3 weeks and two days as said in their faq being the status update 29/11. Looks like the increased limit really has helped speed things up.

Another sepa transfer (less than 1k euro) from the same day still in "Confirmed" status.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
December 01, 2013, 06:08:07 AM
I have now been waiting 60 hrs for my BTC withdrawal to be re-submitted.  I have put in 3 support requests and they are all still awaiting assignment.  I have emailed Mark at his bitcoin foundation email address and also circulated details of this problem to the board of the bitcoin foundation.  The transaction is;

6a7f8f2e72ed20ee00885fe4424a02db017e03739ca6982f99371f5d73eaa365

I tried pushing the raw tx to the network but it told me it was a double-spend.

I understand that MtGox is under all sorts of pressure but he has had a bumper year and should be able to get organised.  There is no excuse for not communicating on an issue of this nature.
did you pay a transaction fee to the network?

Yes, I paid a transaction fee.  It is now 5 days since the transaction.  No bitcoins, No response from MtGox Support, No response from Mark Karpeles.  All support requests marked as 'Awaiting assignment to an agent'
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
December 01, 2013, 12:33:52 AM

I'm not about to accept the insult of a 5% fee.  The $5k wire of mine that Mt. Gox has been sitting on for more than a quarter was never more than I could easily lose, but as the price rises, it's now even more just chump-change.  Unless we have a significant and permanent collapse it looks like I'll have the resources and time to pursue various projects, and having Mt. Gox owe me the $5k via questionable business practices could pop up as something useful.

I'll always be happy to accept BTC instead of this fiat dept which they cannot or will not honor, but only as long as my last trade (where all of my fiat originated) is rolled back.

roll back? !  I think it's a dream in Mtgox.  Maybe you could convert your USD to BTC and withdraw BTC out of Mtgox ASAP. Don't waste your time and patience in Mtgox.   

Throw away my chance to stake a claim to the $5M to $10M of (former) Mt. Gox funds that my government could end up holding?  For chump change?  'fraid not.  Even if my pride would allow me to get reamed like this, it's worth the $5k to me just to have the option to try to make Mt. Gox suffer.

Activity: 35
December 01, 2013, 12:04:11 AM
And.... Did i understand correctly?

They claim to have 3-4 weeks hold before sending out the wires but noone comes here and claims that they have been paid successfully in usd?

I have quite big amount of usd in their account and i rely my business on it.

I make my plans according to the possibility that i may have the funds until March 2014 if i request them today or in the very first days of the following month.

Is it a false hope?

The current delay in getting USD out is a 5% fee and roughly 4 weeks. This is a special manual transfer. You must contact support at Gox for them to handle it. As more and more people request this, the delay is likely increasing.

I'm not about to accept the insult of a 5% fee.  The $5k wire of mine that Mt. Gox has been sitting on for more than a quarter was never more than I could easily lose, but as the price rises, it's now even more just chump-change.  Unless we have a significant and permanent collapse it looks like I'll have the resources and time to pursue various projects, and having Mt. Gox owe me the $5k via questionable business practices could pop up as something useful.

I'll always be happy to accept BTC instead of this fiat dept which they cannot or will not honor, but only as long as my last trade (where all of my fiat originated) is rolled back.

roll back? !  I think it's a dream in Mtgox.  Maybe you could convert your USD to BTC and withdraw BTC out of Mtgox ASAP. Don't waste your time and patience in Mtgox.   

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
November 30, 2013, 11:32:47 PM

When did you make the withdraw, would be nice if you just let it linger until it finally is processed so we know when/if there ever is an improvement on usd transfers.

The queue being reduced to half for euro sepa gives me hope for mtgox.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
November 30, 2013, 04:26:00 PM

They claim to have 3-4 weeks hold before sending out the wires but noone comes here and claims that they have been paid successfully in usd?

I make my plans according to the possibility that i may have the funds until March 2014 if i request them today or in the very first days of the following month.

Is it a false hope?

The current delay in getting USD out is a 5% fee and roughly 4 weeks. This is a special manual transfer. You must contact support at Gox for them to handle it. As more and more people request this, the delay is likely increasing.

Activity: 490
November 30, 2013, 04:06:34 PM
I think it could be a good idea to have several bank accounts with several banks, even form sub-companies holding bank accounts if need be. MtGox is still a big player in this market, and that's quite interesting considering how badly they've done in many ways. I think if a supreme exchange popped up that streamlined everything, we'd see people jump ship.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
November 30, 2013, 04:06:07 PM

Is it a false hope?

Activity: 176
November 30, 2013, 01:43:08 PM

Is it a false hope?

Yes, I don't think any USD is going out, unless you pay that 5% thing. The reports in this thread are mostly for euro sepa transfers.

Another euro sepa transfer went to pending today done 2013/11/07. That is exactly 3 weeks and two days as said in their faq being the status update 29/11. Looks like the increased limit really has helped speed things up.
Activity: 30
November 30, 2013, 12:55:14 PM

Is it a false hope?
Activity: 129
November 30, 2013, 11:52:13 AM
I have now been waiting 60 hrs for my BTC withdrawal to be re-submitted.  I have put in 3 support requests and they are all still awaiting assignment.  I have emailed Mark at his bitcoin foundation email address and also circulated details of this problem to the board of the bitcoin foundation.  The transaction is;

6a7f8f2e72ed20ee00885fe4424a02db017e03739ca6982f99371f5d73eaa365

I tried pushing the raw tx to the network but it told me it was a double-spend.

I understand that MtGox is under all sorts of pressure but he has had a bumper year and should be able to get organised.  There is no excuse for not communicating on an issue of this nature.
did you pay a transaction fee to the network?
Activity: 296
Merit: 250
November 29, 2013, 10:44:47 AM
Hello,
I am waiting my account to be verified !
Do you know if MtGox verifies acc on week ends? Or if now I must wait monday?
Do you know if they verify during japan business hours, mon-fri say 9am to 6pm?
Thanks!
Activity: 756
Merit: 1000
November 29, 2013, 10:40:47 AM
I have a friend who has sent money to Mt. Gox bank account and they are saying it has not arrived. Is this normal at the moment? (If he had asked me first I would have told him to stay well away in the first place)
Which account (Poland or Japan) and how long ago?  It is has been more than 10 days, he should ask his bank to trace the transfer.

Not sure, he transferred from Hong Kong. I will try to find out
Activity: 792
Merit: 1000
Bite me
November 29, 2013, 09:54:17 AM
From MTGox on freenode irc

SarahCoinBit is staff at mtgox but at what level I dunno

[11:59] hi
[11:59] how is the fiat withdrawal availability for both USD and EUR currently?
[12:02] MadHasher: SEPA is currently around four weeks, but less for smaller amounts.  Sorry but we are unable to provide time fromes for usd at the moment
[12:02] frames
[12:05] hi Sarah
[12:05] what classifies as "smaller amounts"?
[12:05] MadHasher: There is no classify
[12:06] When our daily limit is reached, we process smaller one until we reach it
[12:06] hi see.
[12:06] ok, tks
[12:07] Smiley
[12:08] how much is the daily limit /
[12:09] hum...
[12:11] around 120000... (I could mistake)
legendary
Activity: 1437
https://bitmynt.no
November 29, 2013, 08:34:13 AM
I think that the 50k EUR withdrawal limit is complete BS, made up by the Gox head himself.  What bank would put such a limit on their clients, they, after all, make money on volume.

What kind of law would say "you should only be able to transfer 50k EUR per day from Japan to Europe". 
SEPA is EU + EEA + Switzerland and Monaco.  Japan is not included.  Their SEPA bank is in Poland.  The law is called the EU Payment Service Directive.  Look it up or look a bit earlier in this thread for quotes and discussion.  Someone even called their bank and got the limit confirmed.
First you spread the BS that GOX has a limit of 50k, after reading up it suddenly became 100k.
Which is it now after the double up?
IANAL.  If the montly limit in the Payment Services Directive includes incoming transfers, I suspect those have been low in volume the last few months, which gives room for an increase in the outgoing limit.  Again: IANAL.

And how long do your withdraws take for spreading their agenda?
My intention is only to find and publish facts.  My withdrawals take just as long as everyone elses.  You are welcome to support your claims with facts, which I know you can't.  I know you know that I am right, because your only defence is unfounded personal attacks.

Oh, and btw you either mean EFTA which Switzerland is a part of, or if you talk about EEA then you need to exclude Croatia.
Read up before you spread your propaganda, or somebody might take over your job at GOX.
There are a lot of inclusions and exceptions that I am not mentioning.  E.g. only the European part of The Netherlands is included.  The Carribean islands are not.  Gibraltar is included.  The Channel Islands and Isle of Man are not.  Almost all of France is in, but French Polynesia are not.  I excluded some details, and I'm sorry if that offended you.  This is bitcointalk, not an encyclopedia.  You may find some posts here which are inaccurate ot exclude some detail.  (Yes, this was an understatement.)
legendary
Activity: 1437
https://bitmynt.no
November 29, 2013, 08:14:37 AM
I have a friend who has sent money to Mt. Gox bank account and they are saying it has not arrived. Is this normal at the moment? (If he had asked me first I would have told him to stay well away in the first place)
Which account (Poland or Japan) and how long ago?  It is has been more than 10 days, he should ask his bank to trace the transfer.
Activity: 9
November 29, 2013, 08:07:33 AM
Hi,

Just a quick positive note, I did both a SEPA withdrawal 4 weeks ago, on which I am still waiting, and a btc withdrawal today, but the btc withdrawal went through instantly.
I hold a verified account. 
Activity: 153
November 29, 2013, 07:38:56 AM
Oh, and btw you either mean EFTA which Switzerland is a part of, or if you talk about EEA then you need to exclude Croatia.
Read up before you spread your propaganda, or somebody might take over your job at GOX.

Yeah fuck him for either including or excluding some country which has unique relations with the EU or some country which has only joined a couple months ago in some forum-post which didn't really concern details of the varying EU-ties in the first place. What an idiot.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 501
November 29, 2013, 07:05:23 AM
I think that the 50k EUR withdrawal limit is complete BS, made up by the Gox head himself.  What bank would put such a limit on their clients, they, after all, make money on volume.

What kind of law would say "you should only be able to transfer 50k EUR per day from Japan to Europe". 
SEPA is EU + EEA + Switzerland and Monaco.  Japan is not included.  Their SEPA bank is in Poland.  The law is called the EU Payment Service Directive.  Look it up or look a bit earlier in this thread for quotes and discussion.  Someone even called their bank and got the limit confirmed.
First you spread the BS that GOX has a limit of 50k, after reading up it suddenly became 100k.
Which is it now after the double up?
And how long do your withdraws take for spreading their agenda?

The limit was something like 3 million eur per month, and supposedly, after doubling, it would be 6 million eur. So, about 200k per day. Still not very much, at the current price (200 k euro is about 250 BTC)
Jump to: