Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 321. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
August 11, 2013, 02:36:14 PM
Not as long as people are still receiving their wires, and there are steady reports from people receiving their wires.
What? no-one has received a USD wire since early June.
Really?
So he managed to produce screenshots to earn a prize. Why was his USD wire requested on 4 July processed when requests more than two weeks older still haven't been processed?
Probably smaller withdrawals (queue is largest first) or withdrawals involving Citbank (blocking, returning, etc).
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
August 11, 2013, 12:58:53 PM
Are there people here who actually have Japanese bank accounts and can confirm that there are no issues withdrawing to them?

it is somewhere in this thread (if i remember right), someone saying they get them next day

I went through the entire thread and haven't found anything non-vague...

i cannot find it at the moment either but i know i read it a day or 2 ago

however there is a more recent thread where a user is claiming the same

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2904261
Activity: 817
Merit: 1000
Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com
August 11, 2013, 11:44:32 AM
Are there people here who actually have Japanese bank accounts and can confirm that there are no issues withdrawing to them?

it is somewhere in this thread (if i remember right), someone saying they get them next day

I went through the entire thread and haven't found anything non-vague...
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
August 11, 2013, 11:22:17 AM
Not as long as people are still receiving their wires, and there are steady reports from people receiving their wires.
Really?

So he managed to produce screenshots to earn a prize. Why was his USD wire requested on 4 July processed when requests more than two weeks older still haven't been processed?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
August 11, 2013, 10:10:20 AM

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000
Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com
August 11, 2013, 07:17:39 AM
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
August 11, 2013, 06:26:32 AM
Are Japanese domestic bank transfers also late?

There's a chatlog floating around which says no.
legendary
Activity: 1204
August 10, 2013, 05:01:16 PM
Quote from: CurbsideProphet
I don't see a consensus, I see one person trying to speak for the whole.  I would file a complaint with the SEC if I were you.  I would do it myself if I had any funds with MtGox but I saw this coming before the Dwolla shutdown.
Good point. If Mt. Gox is going broke, it's better to know sooner than later.

Mt. Gox is now almost two months behind on USD withdrawals. None of their lame excuses are credible at this point. In the real brokerage world, you get three days behind and the hammer comes down. It's time to end this farce.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
August 10, 2013, 04:37:02 PM

I will also file a complaint with the SEC, and then close my account at MtGox , too.
Do you really think filing a complaint will help speed up withdrawals?
Not at all. I will be doing this as a matter of principle.
I and other customers would be grateful if you could wait until their banking problems are solved.  If it isn't helping, don't.

Well, if the consensus is that it won't help the majority of bitcoiners , I will hold off with the complaint.

I don't see a consensus, I see one person trying to speak for the whole.  I would file a complaint with the SEC if I were you.  I would do it myself if I had any funds with MtGox but I saw this coming before the Dwolla shutdown.
Activity: 248
Merit: 251
August 10, 2013, 01:39:09 PM
Are Japanese domestic bank transfers also late?
Activity: 238
August 10, 2013, 01:35:16 PM
I asked MtGox to send my money via a cheque(check) or bank draft to my mail address, they refused without giving a reason.
If the money is really there in their account, how could they be unable to write me a cheque? The only explanation is that they had stolen our money or the money is frozen or they are really a Ponzi.

"The only explanation"? Obviously Mt.Gox will not send paper cheques because of money laundering risk, or the cheque landing in the wrong hands, you know all that.
A crossed cheque can only be deposited into an account with the payee's name, the risks you mentioned are voided.
Google Adsense paid me in cheques too, guess they are money launderers too.
Activity: 160
August 10, 2013, 01:32:20 PM
The goal of SEPA was to improve cross border payments (lower the costs involved), there isn't a  "1 day transfer" in the spec ;-)

The reason SEPA from clowncar MtGox takes a while isn't because SEPA is slow, it's because MtGox takes their sweet time before actually doing the transfer.

Nope, it's because the Polish bank has a monthly withdrawal limit. If you're not in this month's queue, you have to wait until the next month and hope you're in that queue, or wait another month... This has to do with anti-money laundering laws - the bank is enforcing a withdrawal limit to kill money-laundering. Successfully, I presume, since so many here are complaining about it.

If you criminals would stop using Bitcoin, us honest Bitcoin businesses could actually USE Bitcoin.
August 10, 2013, 01:28:25 PM
I asked MtGox to send my money via a cheque(check) or bank draft to my mail address, they refused without giving a reason.
If the money is really there in their account, how could they be unable to write me a cheque? The only explanation is that they had stolen our money or the money is frozen or they are really a Ponzi.

"The only explanation"? Obviously Mt.Gox will not send paper cheques because of money laundering risk, or the cheque landing in the wrong hands, you know all that.
legendary
Activity: 1204
August 10, 2013, 01:27:45 PM
Mt.Gox Polish bank account for EUR/SEPA has monthly withdrawal limits. This means that your withdrawal enters a queue at the Polish bank, and you have to wait for it to be processed. This is not Mt.Gox' fault, this is the Polish bank's attitude.
No, it's Mt. Gox's fault. It's their problem to manage their banking relationships.
August 10, 2013, 01:22:29 PM
Mt.Gox Polish bank account for EUR/SEPA has monthly withdrawal limits. This means that your withdrawal enters a queue at the Polish bank, and you have to wait for it to be processed. This is not Mt.Gox' fault, this is the Polish bank's attitude.
legendary
August 10, 2013, 05:58:21 AM
Really?

I don't care much about USD anyway.  I'm fine as long as BTC and EUR goes through.  There are plenty of people confirming SEPA withdrawals, and BTC withdrawal has always worked.
Activity: 155
btcxin.com 币信
August 10, 2013, 05:11:38 AM
mt can be replaced by bitstamp.vote with feet
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
August 10, 2013, 03:47:11 AM

legendary
August 09, 2013, 03:56:13 PM
If you're not out of Mt. Gox already, it's probably too late.
Some money does seem to be trickling out of Mt. Gox, but very slowly. That suggests it's coming from newly deposited money, and that Mt. Gox is probably broke.
Do you really think people deposit large sums of money at MtGox now, in this market?  Don't think everyone receiving a wire from MtGox will come to bitcointalk.org to brag about it.
legendary
August 09, 2013, 03:49:26 PM
I'm helping Norwegian customers withdraw, at the same time reducing the number of withdrawal requests from MtGox, by automated buying of bitcoins for NOK at a rate 1% below best MtGox bid.
You really shouldn't so that, it will be taken advantage of by arbitragers. Yes, the money will be locked up for a short while, but they can probably earn 6-8% profit/round trip with minimal risk by buying coins on Bitstamp and selling to you. That's a lot of money to give away.
I've had SEPA transfers to Bitstamp take a week, and I don't want to trust them with a lot of money due to dubious legal circumstances.  Low amounts + time means I get liquidity problems myself unless I can buy faster.  If other people want to take the risk, it is fine with me.  I do send money to Bitcurex for easy arbitrage, but the volume is rather low there.
Jump to: