Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 322. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
August 09, 2013, 03:37:07 PM
If you're not out of Mt. Gox already, it's probably too late.
Not as long as people are still receiving their wires, and there are steady reports from people receiving their wires.
Some money does seem to be trickling out of Mt. Gox, but very slowly. That suggests it's coming from newly deposited money, and that Mt. Gox is probably broke.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
August 09, 2013, 01:57:39 PM
I was waiting since mid May, cancelled my SEPAs and set up all again as international wire transfers, left waiting a month again, finally cancelled the lot and bought coins and transfers to other exchanges.

Probably lost 6 - 8% at least, but 92% is better than 0%.

Gox are a bunch of fucking lying useless incompetents. I will never use that exchange again.
legendary
Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001
August 09, 2013, 01:50:53 PM
I'm helping Norwegian customers withdraw, at the same time reducing the number of withdrawal requests from MtGox, by automated buying of bitcoins for NOK at a rate 1% below best MtGox bid.
You really shouldn't so that, it will be taken advantage of by arbitragers. Yes, the money will be locked up for a short while, but they can probably earn 6-8% profit/round trip with minimal risk by buying coins on Bitstamp and selling to you. That's a lot of money to give away.
legendary
Activity: 1437
https://bitmynt.no
August 09, 2013, 01:39:17 PM
I will also file a complaint with the SEC, and then close my account at MtGox , too.
Do you really think filing a complaint will help speed up withdrawals?
Not at all. I will be doing this as a matter of principle.
I and other customers would be grateful if you could wait until their banking problems are solved. 
In other words, you want to get your money out before the whole thing collapses.

Not as long as people are still receiving their wires, and there are steady reports from people receiving their wires.

A few things to think through before filing a complaint:
  • Is MtGox the only exchange keeping US customer funds?  Does bitcoin count as funds?
  • Does SEC have a positive attitude towards bitcoin?  Could this affect their acts?
  • DHS already deemed money transfer by MtGox a threat to US homeland security and confiscated a small part of their funds.  Could this apply to other exchanges?
  • At least one very large and powerful US bank is actively blocking transfers to and from MtGox and at least one other exchange (by personal experience).  Why don't you file a complaint over the bank instead?  Could a complaint over MtGox make matters worse?
  • The second largest exchange is in obvious breach of an EU directive (the elctronic money directive), and could get closed any time.  Could this happen if SEC and/or DHS decides to take actions against Bitcoin in general?
  • Could bitcoins kept at the exchanges get confiscated in addition to money?
  • How about web based wallets etc hosted in the US holding bitcoins, if bitcoins are funds?
  • Do you have a good place to hide in case your complaint leads to people losing their money kept at MtGox (millions of USD) or at other exchanges, wallets, etc?
legendary
August 09, 2013, 12:46:01 PM
I will also file a complaint with the SEC, and then close my account at MtGox , too.
I and other customers would be grateful if you could wait until their banking problems are solved. 
In other words, you want to get your money out before the whole thing collapses.

legendary
August 09, 2013, 12:42:30 PM
Thanks a ton for that.
I have been with them since September 2010.

How stupid is that? Gox LOST Dwolla, Liberty Reserve and OKPAY. What do you had expected? That this has no effect? That was Goxs backbone for payments.

Gox claims they haven't lost customer funds. If Gox is telling the truth, they have nothing to fear from either an audit or from a rush on withdrawals. If they're lying, it's better to have them shut down before they blow through more customer money.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
August 09, 2013, 11:48:02 AM
still waiting for over 4 weeks now. for 3 digit wire transfer .
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1059
August 09, 2013, 10:50:38 AM
A little more pressure with help those suckers to work more efficiently.
It will only help them work more efficiently with something completely different from making actual withdrawals.  All this "helping" from CoinLab and DHS has caused enough problems as it is.  You will probably end up blocking withdrawals completely.  This may be your objective, of course.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000
Live and enjoy experiments
August 09, 2013, 10:46:48 AM
Stay calm and move on, I will.
legendary
August 09, 2013, 10:42:55 AM
It will only help them work more efficiently with something completely different from making actual withdrawals.  All this "helping" from CoinLab and DHS has caused enough problems as it is.  You will probably end up blocking withdrawals completely.  This may be your objective, of course.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
August 09, 2013, 10:32:44 AM
I and other customers would be grateful if you could wait until their banking problems are solved.  If it isn't helping, don't.

Waiting... still waiting... waiting some more...

I say do it, S3052.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 09, 2013, 10:32:15 AM

I and other customers would be grateful if you could wait until their banking problems are solved.  If it isn't helping, don't.

Well, if the consensus is that it won't help the majority of bitcoiners , I will hold off with the complaint.
I support your cause.
In fact I will do the same.
legendary
Activity: 2100
August 09, 2013, 09:44:17 AM

I and other customers would be grateful if you could wait until their banking problems are solved.  If it isn't helping, don't.

Well, if the consensus is that it won't help the majority of bitcoiners , I will hold off with the complaint.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1059
August 09, 2013, 09:13:06 AM

FULL ACK!
legendary
August 09, 2013, 08:54:04 AM
I asked MtGox to send my money via a cheque(check) or bank draft to my mail address, they refused without giving a reason.
If the money is really there in their account, how could they be unable to write me a cheque? The only explanation is that they had stolen our money or the money is frozen or they are really a Ponzi.
A cheque?  Do they even exist any more?  I haven't seen one since the early 1980ies.  Cheesy
legendary
August 09, 2013, 08:53:07 AM

I'm helping Norwegian customers withdraw, at the same time reducing the number of withdrawal requests from MtGox, by automated buying of bitcoins for NOK at a rate 1% below best MtGox bid.  Payment same day for amounts less than 10k NOK (~2k USD).  This is significantly higher price than offered at most other exchanges, and even cheaper for the customer than withdrawal via international wire from MtGox.  Not to mention much faster, and I manage with a small profit due to many people buying smallish amounts from me at MtGox ask +2.5%.  I typically buy ~100 BTC a week this way, and ~100 from exchanges.  Lowers my capital needs as well, since less funds are tied up in transfers to exchanges.  Earlier more than half of my trading funds used to be tied up in transfer at any given time, price increasing and currency rates worsening while I waited for funds to arrive.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
August 09, 2013, 08:45:19 AM
I asked MtGox to send my money via a cheque(check) or bank draft to my mail address, they refused without giving a reason.
If the money is really there in their account, how could they be unable to write me a cheque? The only explanation is that they had stolen our money or the money is frozen or they are really a Ponzi.

This is a good point, you would expect them to be able to raise cheques for large amounts fairly quickly,

Software and a cheque writer costs no more than 500-600 euro....
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 09, 2013, 08:29:40 AM
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
August 09, 2013, 08:26:00 AM
Made a JPY domestic transfer 3 days ago, still shows as confirmed, nothing in my japanese account yet.

Still waiting on USD wire from 6/17
legendary
Activity: 2100
August 09, 2013, 07:56:14 AM
Thanks a ton for that.
I have been with them since September 2010.

How stupid is that? Gox LOST Dwolla, Liberty Reserve and OKPAY. What do you had expected? That this has no effect? That was Goxs backbone for payments.

And Gox is now to be struck with the hammer of the SEC after the chaos was created by the agencys?HuhHuhHuh

This is so wrong.

You have lost faith in Bitcoin. You now want quickly your money to buy after the big crash. That's a pump and dump system in which nothing is permanent. In two years Bitstamp is sued if they have problems. This is exactly the way of hedge funds. So we have no chance.

We are not significantly better than the banks. It's all a big lie. People have made ​​too many profits and and they now full of greed, running for "their" money. It's sad.

It is sad indeed that mthoax screwed this up so much.

And personally, I am happy with what I have done. I have most of my funds secured safely in may when I sold most if my bitcoins . I am not banking much on existing exchanges as they all seem to have risks
I am just talking about principles.
Jump to: