Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 333. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522
July 21, 2013, 08:06:15 AM
But people organize their cash flow via Bitcoin exchanges? Who is stupid?

How else do you propose those who buy goods or pay employees with fiat and sell the goods/services for BTC organize their cash flow?

We're not all teenagers living in our parents' house.  Some of us have mortgages and bills to pay to people who only accept fiat.

OTC. Learn it, love it.
EBM
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
July 21, 2013, 12:32:40 AM
Still, no doubt the reason you're not selling BTC now has absolutely nothing to do with the possibility that you could make even bigger profits in the future. Hasn't even crossed your mind...  Roll Eyes

You could pay in Bitcoins. So you do not need to exchange for paying people. Hasn't even crossed your mind... 

Pay in BTC? No way! Why on Earth would we do that when we can use a slower, more annoying and more expensive method...?

(Of course, every one of our suppliers and contractors accepts BTC. We just refuse to pay them with it.)

Embarrassed
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
July 20, 2013, 10:16:58 PM

How else do you propose those who buy goods or pay employees with fiat and sell the goods/services for BTC organize their cash flow?

We're not all teenagers living in our parents' house.  Some of us have mortgages and bills to pay to people who only accept fiat.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
July 20, 2013, 08:14:11 PM
Exactly that - it was in limbo.

Main problem was the BS from Gox. Two week hiatus, they said. We could survive that, and took them at their word.

Turned into a 5 week wait for USD that never came. Eventually gave up waiting, cancelled and took our BTC out, but by then the damage was done.

@trollboy You do know what happens if nobody ever sells a currency, don't you? It fails completely. End of experiment, everyone loses everything, thanks for playing.

And as it happens, we'd love to be able to keep some in reserve (we were mining pre-$10), but we are not permitted to. Long story.

Still, no doubt the reason you're not selling BTC now has absolutely nothing to do with the possibility that you could make even bigger profits in the future. Hasn't even crossed your mind...  Roll Eyes

Yes, greed blinds some people from the obvious problems at Gox. 
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1059
July 20, 2013, 06:47:38 PM
Still, no doubt the reason you're not selling BTC now has absolutely nothing to do with the possibility that you could make even bigger profits in the future. Hasn't even crossed your mind...  Roll Eyes

You could pay in Bitcoins. So you do not need to exchange for paying people. Hasn't even crossed your mind... 
EBM
July 20, 2013, 05:53:09 PM
Exactly that - it was in limbo.

Main problem was the BS from Gox. Two week hiatus, they said. We could survive that, and took them at their word.

Turned into a 5 week wait for USD that never came. Eventually gave up waiting, cancelled and took our BTC out, but by then the damage was done.

@trollboy You do know what happens if nobody ever sells a currency, don't you? It fails completely. End of experiment, everyone loses everything, thanks for playing.

And as it happens, we'd love to be able to keep some in reserve (we were mining pre-$10), but we are not permitted to. Long story.

Still, no doubt the reason you're not selling BTC now has absolutely nothing to do with the possibility that you could make even bigger profits in the future. Hasn't even crossed your mind...  Roll Eyes
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
July 20, 2013, 03:26:37 PM
Do you really need the money so badly? I have lifted my entire operating from Gox since April by simply waiting for. On my last withdrawal I have been waiting six weeks. I would have waited even three months. I think without all the support requests of nervous people Gox had already done everything. Wink

"Why do you really need your money so badly?"  I'm sorry, but those individuals are entitled to have their money released to them in a timely fashion.  What if your employer said "Why do you need your paycheck so badly?"  And what if they kept lying to you about the date you were to receive your check?  

What a ridiculous statement, especially since so many Bitcoin companies rely on Gox for cash flow.

Seconded. Most stupid statement on this entire thread.

Gox has very nearly killed our company completely. We could not pay our contractors, suppliers or even make payroll last month (yes, that's real people's wages, mortgages, rent, food, child support, etc). Had to get an emergency loan from one of our seed investors, which he was not happy about at all.

And even then, our contractors were paid so late that we LOST 1/3rd OF OUR BUSINESS.

Finally found someone to buy all our coins privately and directly, so we'll never use Gox again. They really do deserve to collapse.

+1
sheiße's comment was outrageous to say the least. He's either a troll or plain stupid.

Just a question: instead of borrowing money from an investor, couldn't you just use another exchange? Or you have a withdrawal locked in limbo and they refused to unlock it?
legendary
July 20, 2013, 03:22:06 PM
We're not winning anything. We mine, we sell.

How selfless.  Cheesy

If at any point this is too complicated for you to understand...

You heard me. Nothing more to say.
EBM
July 20, 2013, 03:15:58 PM

"Why do you really need your money so badly?"  I'm sorry, but those individuals are entitled to have their money released to them in a timely fashion.  What if your employer said "Why do you need your paycheck so badly?"  And what if they kept lying to you about the date you were to receive your check?  

What a ridiculous statement, especially since so many Bitcoin companies rely on Gox for cash flow.

Bitcoin/FIAT exchange is highly speculative. You can not win 1000% and more and at the same time you have the reliability of your savings Bank. Come on! Each Boitcoin exchange carries a huge risk. Risk and reward always go hand in hand.

Are you trolling?

We're not winning anything. We mine, we sell. Very simple. So of course we need an exchange - just like every BTC-based business out there.

Is SatoshiDice stupid too? ASICminer? The whole ecosystem?

Plenty of other exchanges around, but we went with the largest because it is (was) the safest and most reputable.

If at any point this is too complicated for you to understand...
legendary
July 20, 2013, 01:20:43 PM

Bitcoin/FIAT exchange is highly speculative. You can not win 1000% and more and at the same time you have the reliability of your savings Bank. Come on! Each Boitcoin exchange carries a huge risk. Risk and reward always go hand in hand.

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
July 20, 2013, 12:03:19 PM
I've been waiting for an international wire to come through since the 2nd week of June which is in the range of 3-4k. I emailed them multiple times but got generic responses... After I get all of my money from them, IF I get it, I will never use them again either.
EBM
July 20, 2013, 09:57:04 AM
Do you really need the money so badly? I have lifted my entire operating from Gox since April by simply waiting for. On my last withdrawal I have been waiting six weeks. I would have waited even three months. I think without all the support requests of nervous people Gox had already done everything. Wink

"Why do you really need your money so badly?"  I'm sorry, but those individuals are entitled to have their money released to them in a timely fashion.  What if your employer said "Why do you need your paycheck so badly?"  And what if they kept lying to you about the date you were to receive your check? 

Seconded. Most stupid statement on this entire thread.

Gox has very nearly killed our company completely. We could not pay our contractors, suppliers or even make payroll last month (yes, that's real people's wages, mortgages, rent, food, child support, etc). Had to get an emergency loan from one of our seed investors, which he was not happy about at all.

And even then, our contractors were paid so late that we LOST 1/3rd OF OUR BUSINESS.

Finally found someone to buy all our coins privately and directly, so we'll never use Gox again. They really do deserve to collapse.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
July 19, 2013, 11:18:35 AM

"Why do you really need your money so badly?"  I'm sorry, but those individuals are entitled to have their money released to them in a timely fashion.  What if your employer said "Why do you need your paycheck so badly?"  And what if they kept lying to you about the date you were to receive your check? 

legendary
July 19, 2013, 03:11:13 AM
I had SEPA withdrawals as far back as 14th May sitting there 'confirmed', support do nothing.

SEPA Withdrawals stuck until yesterday.

I was advised to cancel and re-withdraw as international wire transfer so i did two weeks ago, now waiting again.

If you had not canceled the SEPA withdrawal and waited until yesterday, you would have most likely your money now.

The 'up to June' statement is complete bullshit, they arent doing it chronologically at all.

Then cancel it and go back to SEPA. Tongue

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
July 19, 2013, 02:51:07 AM
Still waiting on a USD wire transfer from 2013/06/13.  I think it has always had the status "confirmed"
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
July 19, 2013, 02:35:01 AM
I had SEPA withdrawals as far back as 14th May sitting there 'confirmed', support do nothing. I was advised to cancel and re-withdraw as international wire transfer so i did two weeks ago, now waiting again.

The 'up to June' statement is complete bullshit, they arent doing it chronologically at all.
legendary
July 19, 2013, 01:51:31 AM
So EUR SEPA wire are trickling out, still no USD? 

My withdrawal of 13 June still not processed.

You are talking about USD withdrawals, see your own post:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2759285

We talking about SEPA/EUR Withdrawals.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1004
July 19, 2013, 01:47:30 AM
My SEPA Withdrawal arrived today (950€). 

I can confirm what OhShei8e says. I tested SEPA with 500 Euro.

Send 2013/07/17

Incoming 2013/07/18

I think SEPA is different than international wire because as you can see, SEPA comes from mtgox Poland Account.
Activity: 467
Merit: 250
July 19, 2013, 12:09:30 AM

Still waiting.. 2nd week of June here..
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
July 18, 2013, 09:47:29 PM
So EUR SEPA wire are trickling out, still no USD? 

My withdrawal of 13 June still not processed.
Jump to: