Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 57. (Read 908602 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 100
April 01, 2014, 11:53:08 AM
Just put there a huge cash...

Well there you have it. Is the Mt.Gox brand worth taking on the hundreds of millions of dollars worth of liabilities?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
April 01, 2014, 11:15:38 AM
I must say I have very good feelings about MtGox resurrection.
Sure is that Mark K. will be never again their employee but MtGox is great product in marketing.

Just put there a huge cash to repay lost to traders and just it should be in use again! It would be great for Bitcoin world.
It would be so beautiful ... just imagine ..
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
April 01, 2014, 05:16:09 AM
In some point i agree with you.
But in the other hand as i said before MtGox will recover and not everthing is as you see it. (just my feeling...)
Big fishes are on the game and goverments also don't forget that...
So what i expect from MtGox is to recover and have some limits in order to work back again.
That is the best option for all....

Dream on.

anyone who actually uses gox if they do become resurrect, want their heads read.
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
April 01, 2014, 05:13:42 AM
But in the other hand as i said before MtGox will recover and not everthing is as you see it. (just my feeling...)
So what i expect from MtGox is to recover and have some limits in order to work back again.

Dream on.
legendary
Activity: 1124
Merit: 1000
13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X
April 01, 2014, 05:05:07 AM
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
April 01, 2014, 12:49:34 AM
Gosh I haven't been paying much attention to MTGOX these past few weeks but it goes to show me that Bitcoin could care less that MTGOX is now dead.

This claim "process" will take years to ever get resolved if ever.

Good luck to those who had funds stuck in EMPTGOX.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
March 31, 2014, 04:28:53 PM

Well.... it looks more like that s the reason the fat rat himself is still alive. ;-)
Activity: 1022
Merit: 368
March 31, 2014, 02:51:41 PM
There's new announcement on the site. Looks like they have a deadline now.

"[translation]
March 28, 2014
To anyone concerned
Mark Karpeles
Representative Director
MtGox Co., Ltd.
11-5, Shibuya 2-chome, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING THE EXTENSION OF THE DEADLINE FOR
SUBMISSION OF THE EXAMINATION RESULTS REPORT
In relation with the application for commencement of a civil rehabilitation proceeding made by
MtGox Co., Ltd., the Tokyo District Court issued on February 28, 2014 an examination order and
appointed attorney-at-law Nobuaki Kobayashi as examiner.
We hereby announce that the Tokyo District Court issued today an order extending to May 9, 2014
the deadline for the examiner to submit the results of its examination."

http://imageshack.us/a/img34/5165/wcub.jpg
Activity: 644
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
March 28, 2014, 08:40:29 AM
That's bad news for those with goxcoins. It means that the unknown % reimbursement will take a long time.
Gox could give back some coins at the very bottom of the bear market. That would be double-goxxing...

I actually tend to see this is mildly positive. It implies that the authorities are taking the time to research the case properly (while doing a crash course in Bitcoin at the same time).

What it also likely means is that there is at least some belief that more coins may be recovered, be it through the police investigation into who stole the funds, or through an exciting treasure hunt inside Gox's computers, or whatever. If the investigators had proof that the coins have definately gone and Gox has 200k BTC left, I would have thought that they would have denied the rehabilitation claim now and put Gox into bankruptcy.

Activity: 24
March 28, 2014, 06:53:06 AM
There's new announcement on the site. Looks like they have a new deadline now.

FTFY

Thanks. It felt like I was missing something.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
March 28, 2014, 06:36:44 AM
That's bad news for those with goxcoins. It means that the unknown % reimbursement will take a long time.
Gox could give back some coins at the very bottom of the bear market. That would be double-goxxing...
Activity: 644
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
March 28, 2014, 02:52:15 AM
There's new announcement on the site. Looks like they have a new deadline now.

FTFY
Activity: 24
March 28, 2014, 02:38:30 AM
There's new announcement on the site. Looks like they have a deadline now.

"[translation]
March 28, 2014
To anyone concerned
Mark Karpeles
Representative Director
MtGox Co., Ltd.
11-5, Shibuya 2-chome, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING THE EXTENSION OF THE DEADLINE FOR
SUBMISSION OF THE EXAMINATION RESULTS REPORT
In relation with the application for commencement of a civil rehabilitation proceeding made by
MtGox Co., Ltd., the Tokyo District Court issued on February 28, 2014 an examination order and
appointed attorney-at-law Nobuaki Kobayashi as examiner.
We hereby announce that the Tokyo District Court issued today an order extending to May 9, 2014
the deadline for the examiner to submit the results of its examination."
March 27, 2014, 11:34:08 AM
BTW if and when MtGox (even partially) recovers, maybe we ll see 2 moments:

- BTC going down caused by some desperate stolen or "stolen" BTC sales; followed by

- BTC going up, back to normal exchanges, whole market, operations. (Goax itself... hmm, no ;-)

BTC (remember, 710 after bankruptcy) back to 505 ... are we at fase 1? scammers trying last chances to push "malleability" BTCs away?
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
March 27, 2014, 11:06:39 AM
My guessing already is MtGox will be up and running again, not far from now, all balances preserved, but with a lot of "measures", "to avoid a bank run" and some "we apologize"s. Shielded by the bankruptcy protection.

People will be happy to see their balance has recovered and be patient one more time (the only alternative by then). Willing to withdraw everything, of course, and will do that ASAP, but still better the full balance there than only 1% or 10% right now. "So let s wait a little more."

In the mean time, new team, new stuff... Money blocked, will start exchanging again. New people or speculators arrive. The 200 K are the gas to move the machine. Civil recovering in its course....

Slowly, old balances are withdrawed, new balances arrive, all fine again. FucKarpeles alive, guaranteed at least by the time money is blocked...

Strategy Crisis plan achieved in full.

Question is: will it keep being MtGox? Gox? Goax? ;-)

Some like BTC 1 per week withdrawal limit and US$ 100 per week withdrawal limit with 10% manual processing fee for faster process  Grin

And of course you need to submit your verification for AML/KYC purpose which may take up to 6 months  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
March 27, 2014, 12:10:06 AM
New post on Gox:
"..consulted with the metropolitan police department with regard to the disappearance of bitcoins..."

What a complete and total pantomime. Pink Panther coming up?

The Japanese MPD couldn't find it's way out of a paper bag let alone something as complex as missing bitcoins. And especially after Karpeles has run them through the washer to hide his tracks no doubt.
March 26, 2014, 10:53:53 PM
New post on Gox:
"..consulted with the metropolitan police department with regard to the disappearance of bitcoins..."

And even more hilarious is a metropolitan police called to solve a planetary theft... Pantomime! right there

This is a f*cking disqualified list of lies to explain sh*t and come back to market... Note it down...
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
March 26, 2014, 09:34:58 PM
New post on Gox:

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
March 26, 2014, 09:21:39 PM
New post on Gox:

"Announcement with regard to consultations with investigating authorities on the disappearance of 
bitcoins
Following its application for commencement of civil rehabilitation, MtGox Co., Ltd. consulted with the 
metropolitan police department with regard to the disappearance of bitcoins which is one of the causes for 
said application. MtGox Co., Ltd. hereby announces that it has submitted necessary electronic records and 
other related documents.
MtGox Co., Ltd. intends to fully cooperate with each competent authority.
Further, MtGox Co., Ltd. continues to make efforts to clarify facts as quickly as possible and to recover 
from damages."

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
March 26, 2014, 02:59:15 PM
Mtgox withdrawal "delay"

Pages:
Jump to: