Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 83. (Read 908607 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
February 26, 2014, 08:27:06 PM
yes, I agree. So it is best to ignore everything related to that document. unfortunately when there is no news for long enough, people just make it up.

The way I see it (and yes I have an optimist's bias) is that document is completely fake, and you ignore the wave of misinformation it has created, the situation is really no different than a couple of weeks ago. Except they are now no longer collecting transaction fees or engaging in insider trading because someone gave them a timeout.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
February 26, 2014, 08:25:59 PM
Karpeles has a lot of bitcoins. He is an early adopter and he was running one of the biggest exchanges. He must have more than 100k btc for himself in cold storage which was not related with mtgox. He is not an idiot he is told to pretend it. For sure a lot of bitcoins may have been lost but the problem here is the trust. If mtgox enable bitcoin withdrawals and the 550k costomers or a portion of them loose trust and try to sell their bitcoins then the price will go down down down... So the best strategy for him and for big investors is to claim that all btc had been lost if the majority eat that manipulation. The "leaked" document and the irc conversion is for testing reactions.

Pure manipulation...
Activity: 3
February 26, 2014, 08:19:44 PM
After reading that someone got money from a withdrawal of the 9th January. I made a euro withdrawal on January 11th but didn’t get anything so far. Will let you know if it changes.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
February 26, 2014, 08:16:09 PM

[...]

Can anyone find a source claiming gox owes 750k btc which cites any source other than the two bit idiot?

No, because they are all asscovering, legally-mandated or otherwise, and therefore, are not saying shit.
February 26, 2014, 07:45:41 PM
I believe they have already started an investigation: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-26/bitcoin-holders-resigned-to-losses-as-mt-gox-faces-japan-probe.html

So even if that mtgox recovery strategy document was fake, do we believe the numbers of their defecit being 750k bitcoins? It's all over the major news headlines, but I have yet to see any credible sources.

Also, re: the confirmation that the document was true: That report was done by fox news, the news organization with possibly the least credibility of any in the US. Furthermore, Kerpeles did not confirm the authenticity of the document. On the contrary, he flat out denied it. Quoth fox news:
"In the IRC obtained by FOX Business, Karpeles denies the document was produced by Mt. Gox, but confirms that it is “more or less” legitimate. "

Note that the only thing in quotes is "more or less", not even the whole phrase "more or less legitimate". Which means it was probably taken completely out of context in classic fox style. So not only are we getting goxed, we are getting "foxed'.

Can anyone find a source claiming gox owes 750k btc which cites any source other than the two bit idiot?
February 26, 2014, 07:37:08 PM
And why didn't Mtgox sell all of those coins at a much higher price? And don't you think that such a move would be far too obvious? I am sorry zyk but even if you were ultimately right, you have more confidence in your theory than the facts warrant.

I have seen to many conversations on this thread start as meaningful discussions and then devolve into unsubstantiated theories and hyperbole. It's not that I think you are definitely wrong, just that I wish we could go back to having a productive conversation about what is going on here, because some of us still have a significant amount of money there so we don't have the luxury of sensationalizing this story by only thinking in extremes. Also I don't see why people rip on his weight so much... he is an asshole...period.

Things I believe to be true:
1) After speaking with Karpeles, Charlie shrem claimed that we (people stuck on gox) can "expect good news" sometime soon.
2) around the time of the btc withdrawals freezing, there were attacks reported on mtgox as well as on other exchanges
3) it may have been possible to exploit the tx malleability problem in order to steal bitcoins from users' accounts without mtgox even knowing.
4) the US attorney's office in new york is subpoenaing mtgox, and the US and Japanese authorities are carrying out an investigation
5) the document outlining mtgox's recovery strategy has never been confirmed as authentic, and its probably fake.

zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 26, 2014, 07:02:45 PM
Could you give some evidence that it is a cover up please? It seems to me that the transaction malleability problem, the hacking problem, the incompetence, the insolvency, they are all a part of the same big shitstorm. Someone was stealing from them by taking advantage of transaction malleability, they were too incompetent to realize it or wrote it off, and now they are insolvent. And yes, they are criminals as well by not doing something earlier. But there doesn't have to be just one big fat criminal in this story; there could be a few. I personally don't think they have the balls to just sell all of our btc, and that idea sounds a little farfetched.

It happened at Gox right in front of your very eyes !You want evidence for a fact??! Who sold those 750 000 BTC under 300 dollars

down to a hundred bucks?Huh?

The fairy -tale japanese Mom and Pop panic sellers ?, Did you sell a single bitcoin under 300 dollar there???

That has only made sense for somebody in the know who couldn´t sell them at stamp...right?

Why ? cause KYC !

zyk
February 26, 2014, 06:53:31 PM
I received a Fiat € withdrawl I requested in early January 2 days ago. Seems like they aren't insolvent otherways they wouldn't have done that.
these are things wich have been initiated from longtime and would have been in their queue for excution

that doesnt mean nothing about the actual today situation

yes it does! it was 2 days ago and the polish account seems to be fully operational  and that the assets of depositors to an technically

bankrupt company are squandered unevenly that way is already against the law...let alone that the thiefs can choose to run with that

money at any moment.  Why is nobody freezing those assets in the Gox accounts?...hurry up that are the only crumps the fat asshole

left to you.
Activity: 353
Merit: 253
February 26, 2014, 06:37:54 PM
Only Satoshi Nakamoto can come to the rescue!!!

Give us your bitcoinsss!!

Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
February 26, 2014, 06:37:26 PM
Can we get sturle back in here to complain about "signal to noise" in this thread?

Haha, it's all noise now.  SCREAMING.

Where you at sturle?

Simply hiding as he could not take the truth.

The "noise" he speaks of is the TRUTH. He can't handle it.

Who is this sturle ?
Activity: 36
February 26, 2014, 06:03:51 PM
Could you give some evidence that it is a cover up please? It seems to me that the transaction malleability problem, the hacking problem, the incompetence, the insolvency, they are all a part of the same big shitstorm. Someone was stealing from them by taking advantage of transaction malleability, they were too incompetent to realize it or wrote it off, and now they are insolvent. And yes, they are criminals as well by not doing something earlier. But there doesn't have to be just one big fat criminal in this story; there could be a few. I personally don't think they have the balls to just sell all of our btc, and that idea sounds a little farfetched.

The malleability problem doesn't add up in my mind.  I mean, even if they were so incompetent as to not do a simple reconciliation of their books they would have noticed their cold storage BTC dwindling long ago.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
February 26, 2014, 06:03:16 PM
Sturle's last post was made 22 feb. What's happening Sturle?

Roll Eyes
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
February 26, 2014, 05:38:39 PM
I received a Fiat € withdrawl I requested in early January 2 days ago. Seems like they aren't insolvent otherways they wouldn't have done that.
these are things wich have been initiated from longtime and would have been in their queue for excution

that doesnt mean nothing about the actual today situation
February 26, 2014, 05:23:06 PM
Activity: 298
Merit: 275
Bitcoin Association Switzerland
February 26, 2014, 05:14:38 PM
Activity: 82
February 26, 2014, 04:55:59 PM
https://www.facebook.com/goxbitcoin - so based on the LTC testing comment that links http://data.mtgox.com/api/2/LTCUSD/money/ticker that FB page should be really theirs?

no that url is known to be existing for a long time.

Also http://data.mtgox.com/api/2/NMCUSD/money/ticker
Activity: 99
February 26, 2014, 04:54:05 PM
https://www.facebook.com/goxbitcoin - so based on the LTC testing comment that links http://data.mtgox.com/api/2/LTCUSD/money/ticker that FB page should be really theirs?
zyk
February 26, 2014, 04:06:37 PM
ok, thanks. This may sound like a stupid question, but what about the possibility of finding the theives who stole from everyone (other than gox)? That possibility has already passed right?

thats a cover-up....your coins have been sold already by Gox and laywers will explain to you that they try hard  for a fee but

unluckily there couldn´t be found any proof or traces cause  Gox is not allowed by Gag order to show where the proceeds of the selling

of 750000 BTC went ! Thats how the ruse ends and where the next exchange discovers a technical glitch Wink
Activity: 59
February 26, 2014, 04:00:24 PM
if the "leaked document" figures are somewhere near correct mtgox would need the bitcoinbuilder price to be at roughly 0,0025 so they could balance again
maybe they should put the site online again and make sure they get more sells on builder  Grin
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
February 26, 2014, 03:47:02 PM
Sturle's last post was made 22 feb. What's happening Sturle?
Pages:
Jump to: