Pages:
Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 15. (Read 827261 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
MultiMiner 3.7.5 is available..

Cant tell you whats in it lol

Clicking the globe next to the notification takes you to the change-log which is available at releases.multiminerapp.com.
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
MultiMiner 3.7.5 is available..

Cant tell you whats in it lol
i have a new 970 maxwell here...

multiMiner will be updated to will be used with this new GPU?

thanks
Not Sad

I answered this question above:

Doubtful, but not out of the question.

More specifically, last I checked Nvidia-specific miners (CudaMiner, CCMiner) do not have an API to interact with, much less an RPC API compatible with CGMiner & BFGMiner that would allow them to drop in-place into MultiMiner.

On top of that, I do not own any Nvidia GPUs nor do I GPU mine anymore.

That said it's an Open Source project and anyone is free to contribute. In addition if someone wants to fund the feature I'd be open to that as well, but they would need to cover the cost of both the hardware and development.

What would be great is if the authors of these Nvidia miners would contribute to an open project like BFGMiner or adopt an RPC API compatible with CGMiner and BFGMiner, at least some subset.

Another option (and the one I would probably use) would be to write an Open Source shim or wrapper around the Nvidia miner that provides the RPC API subset.

Otherwise other authors such as myself have to treat their miners entirely differently than CGMiner, BFGMiner, SGMiner, etc. etc.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

thanks
Not Sad
Is there a way to change the current pool on all my SP20s without having to right click on each one.  

This is currently only supported with Local Devices (not Network Devices) but I'll see about getting that into the next update.
Activity: 342
Merit: 250
Is there a way to change the current pool on all my SP20s without having to right click on each one.  
Can I monitor my Spondoolie SP10 that's being co-located that is not on my subnet, but has it's own IP address? I full access to it, and SSH as well. My Antminers magically appeared without me doing anything with those.  Now, just trying to get my Spondoolie on the list. Can I add it by the IP address?

There isn't a UI for it currently but you should be able to add it manually to NetworkDevicesConfiguration.xml found by entering %appdata%\MultiMiner in the address bar of the Windows File Explorer. There should already be examples for the auto-detected devices. Do this with MultiMiner closed so it does not overwrite your additions.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
Can I monitor my Spondoolie SP10 that's being co-located that is not on my subnet, but has it's own IP address? I full access to it, and SSH as well. My Antminers magically appeared without me doing anything with those.  Now, just trying to get my Spondoolie on the list. Can I add it by the IP address?

Thanks.
MultiMiner version 3.7.2 is now available for download with the following changes:

• Move the new Side Bar up to prevent mis-clicks on the Stop Mining button
  • Allow configuring Stratum Proxies without needing to Scan Hardware afterward
  • Reduce the frequency of calls to the MobileMiner API

If you have any feature requests or issues please log them here:

http://issues.multiminerapp.com

And for help on using the app, see:

http://help.multiminerapp.com

Finally, to learn how to contribute, visit:

http://contribute.multiminerapp.com

Happy mining!  Smiley
not sure if someone had posted this question earlier or not!!!!!!!!!!!!

is it compatible with raspberry pi if yes than how can i get its script to burn on mem card for RPi?

thanks

While it may be possible to run MultiMiner on a Pi (using Mono and X) the overhead would be pretty substantial for such a low-power device. It is not the recommended setup.

MultiMiner 4 is a rewrite in C which will allow it to run on a wider range of devices.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain
not sure if someone had posted this question earlier or not!!!!!!!!!!!!

is it compatible with raspberry pi if yes than how can i get its script to burn on mem card for RPi?

thanks
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
how to set the cloack for the asicminer prisma? --set-clk ?

Mmmmmmmaybe you mean "how to set clock"

Grin Grin Grin
how to set the clock for the asicminer prisma? --set-clk ?

I'm not sure I understand your question. As far as I understand the Prisma is a self-contained Network Device - in other words it has its own ethernet controller (Raspberry Pi). You would not set any clock settings from MultiMiner and I am not aware of the CGMiner arguments for the Prisma.
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
how to set the cloack for the asicminer prisma? --set-clk ?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

thanks

More specifically, last I checked Nvidia-specific miners (CudaMiner, CCMiner) do not have an API to interact with, much less an RPC API compatible with CGMiner & BFGMiner that would allow them to drop in-place into MultiMiner.

That said it's an Open Source project and anyone is free to contribute. In addition if someone wants to fund the feature I'd be open to that as well, but they would need to cover the cost of both the hardware and development.

What would be great is if the authors of these Nvidia miners would contribute to an open project like BFGMiner or adopt an RPC API compatible with CGMiner and BFGMiner, at least some subset.

Another option (and the one I would probably use) would be to write an Open Source shim or wrapper around the Nvidia miner that provides the RPC API subset.

Otherwise other authors such as myself have to treat their miners entirely differently than CGMiner, BFGMiner, SGMiner, etc. etc.

ok!!

thank you nwooll!!

thanks anyway for your work

thanks

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

thanks
If the ZeusMiner still doesn't show, I've heard reports that their newer hardware requires a lower frequency. You can specify that in MultiMiner in the settings here using the following SHA256 arguments:

Code:
--set zus:clock=248
But the ZeusMiner Thunder X6 is scrypt ASIC not SHA256 right? Still need to put that in?

Too true - for Scrypt mining use the Scrypt arguments field / setting.

Oh and by the way, the COM14 is my AntMiner so still no sign of the Zeus or RockMiner Sad

They should all show in the Device Manager in the Control Panel. All three of the devices should have COM ports assigned and be using the Silicon Labs USB to UART driver. So it sounds like the driver is not installed properly or there is something hardware related causing a problem.

Did you perhaps try installing the WinUSB driver for these devices in order to use CGMiner? If so, you will need to remove & delete that driver via the Control Panel first.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Oh and by the way, the COM14 is my AntMiner so still no sign of the Zeus or RockMiner Sad
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
Any chances MM will be compatible with Nvidia GPUs?
Pages:
Jump to: