Pages:
Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 14. (Read 827257 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Seasons Greetings Nate, I enabled Stratum Proxy under perks and have been trying to get it to tell my AntMiner S3s where to mine. I set Permitted IPs as 127.0.0.1,192.168.1.0/24. I SSHed into each miner and set /etc/config to have option api_allow 'W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.1.0/24', and in /etc/init.d I deleted --api-network and replaced it with --api-allow $_aa. I rebooted each S3 after saving changes. I don't think I understand how to "point my S3 at the stratum proxy." The PC running MuM 3.8.1 is 192.168.1.253 and an S3 is 192.168.1.5.
Am I supposed to delete the entries in the S3 under Miner Configuration and add 192.168.1.253:3333 for Pool 1 Huh
I tried stratum+tcp://192.168.1.253:3333 for my Pool 1 URL but that's not working either. I see a line in MuM Stratum Proxy #1 BitCoin but nothing is happening.

I'm a bit confused as to what you are trying to do. I think you are combining / confusing two separate features found in MultiMiner.

The first is support for monitoring and managing Network Devices. This has nothing to do with the Stratum Proxy feature. This feature means that, if you take the proper steps to enable the RPC API on your Network Device controller, MultiMiner will automatically display the ASIC under the Network section in the main window.

The Stratum Proxy feature allows you to point any other miner, be it a desktop miner or Network Device, at the IP address of MultiMiner and the port specified in the Stratum Proxy settings. BFGMiner will proxy the work from the miner to the pool configured within MultiMiner. Note that you must click the Start button to start the Stratum Proxy (and other miners). This will require you to adjust firewall settings on the PC MultiMiner is running on.

Which is it you are trying to do and having trouble with?
This one: "The Stratum Proxy feature allows you to point any other miner, be it a desktop miner or Network Device, at the IP address of MultiMiner and the port specified in the Stratum Proxy settings. BFGMiner will proxy the work from the miner to the pool configured within MultiMiner. Note that you must click the Start button to start the Stratum Proxy (and other miners). This will require you to adjust firewall settings on the PC MultiMiner is running on."
I scanned hardware and clicked start and closed the program and reopened it.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Seasons Greetings Nate, I enabled Stratum Proxy under perks and have been trying to get it to tell my AntMiner S3s where to mine. I set Permitted IPs as 127.0.0.1,192.168.1.0/24. I SSHed into each miner and set /etc/config to have option api_allow 'W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.1.0/24', and in /etc/init.d I deleted --api-network and replaced it with --api-allow $_aa. I rebooted each S3 after saving changes. I don't think I understand how to "point my S3 at the stratum proxy." The PC running MuM 3.8.1 is 192.168.1.253 and an S3 is 192.168.1.5.
Am I supposed to delete the entries in the S3 under Miner Configuration and add 192.168.1.253:3333 for Pool 1 Huh
I tried stratum+tcp://192.168.1.253:3333 for my Pool 1 URL but that's not working either. I see a line in MuM Stratum Proxy #1 BitCoin but nothing is happening.

I'm a bit confused as to what you are trying to do. I think you are combining / confusing two separate features found in MultiMiner.

The first is support for monitoring and managing Network Devices. This has nothing to do with the Stratum Proxy feature. This feature means that, if you take the proper steps to enable the RPC API on your Network Device controller, MultiMiner will automatically display the ASIC under the Network section in the main window.

The Stratum Proxy feature allows you to point any other miner, be it a desktop miner or Network Device, at the IP address of MultiMiner and the port specified in the Stratum Proxy settings. BFGMiner will proxy the work from the miner to the pool configured within MultiMiner. Note that you must click the Start button to start the Stratum Proxy (and other miners). This will require you to adjust firewall settings on the PC MultiMiner is running on.

Which is it you are trying to do and having trouble with?
So "MiningBuddy" has decided to wish all a Merry Christmas by moving my warnings about the malware on this forum while leaving the malware. Class act and yet another reason to tread carefully on these forums. The mods not only ignore malware and leave it on their forums, they also silence warnings of malware on their own forums. Makes you wonder, no?

So I'll re-state my warning here:
ReallySimpleMiner is MOST LIKELY malware unless proven otherwise. The author of ReallySimpleMiner has posted no source, screenshots, or proof of function. The main ReallySimpleMiner EXE is a .NET application while DLLs are C DLLs from other miners. And the ReallySimpleMiner author is removing posts that warn of this.

Thank you for your time and happy holidays.

Edit: To make it clear, I rate a mod who removes a post warning of malware while leaving the original post somewhere just above pond scum.
Happy holidays!

MultiMiner version 3.8 is now available for download with the following changes:

• Added the ability to Reboot selected Network Devices via SSH - multi-select supported
  • Added the ability to Execute Shell Commands on Network Devices via SSH - multi-select supported
  • Improved the ability to switch pools on selected Network Devices - multi-select now supported
  • Errors calling the Blockchain.info API are now captured and displayed if the notification is clicked

If you have any feature requests or issues please log them here:

http://issues.multiminerapp.com

And for help on using the app, see:

http://help.multiminerapp.com

As always, source code is available at:

http://source.multiminerapp.com

Finally, to learn how to contribute, visit:

http://contribute.multiminerapp.com

Happy mining!  Smiley
I contacted them a week ago just to ask if its possible to disable the stratum+tcp command and haven't got a response yet. But I will send them another message and if they respond I will let you know, also thank you for your time.

My pleasure. Most of them have a similar setup as you may be able to tell from the existing instructions. If you can find a way to SSH into the controller either from official documentation or perhaps from another user figuring it out, it should them be possible to locate the CGMiner / BFGMiner scripts used and edit those.

Alternatively, if there is a Web UI for editing the pool information there may be a spot for adding additional arguments. You can see an example of this in the MinePeon setup:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Network-Devices#minepeon
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I contacted them a week ago just to ask if its possible to disable the stratum+tcp command and haven't got a response yet. But I will send them another message and if they respond I will let you know, also thank you for your time.
Silverfish Miners.

Contact the manufacturer for instructions on how to enable RPC API access for your local network and they will show up in MultiMiner. If you can relay the instructions I'll add them to the wiki.
I just downloaded the software and it only detects my Antminers. I have 2 SF-28 and it don't detect them.

I don't know what an SF-28 is but Network Devices require varying amount of configuration on their own before they show up automatically in MultiMiner:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Network-Devices#network-device-configuration
I just downloaded the software and it only detects my Antminers. I have 2 SF-28 and it don't detect them.
How do I detect a Gridseed 5-chip? I can't find drivers for it anywhere. I tried the WinUSB driver through Zadig, but still not detecting. I've got two RBoxes, 8 Antminer u2s, a Zeus miner all detected, the only thing causing problems for me detection-wise is the gridseed.

The drivers needed for various devices are listed on this page:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Drivers

Note that, if you installed the wrong drivers (e.g. Zadig) you will need to remove those via the Control Panel first, opting to delete the driver when Windows gives you the option (it's a checkbox in the prompt).
Activity: 84
Bored with you morons.
How do I detect a Gridseed 5-chip? I can't find drivers for it anywhere. I tried the WinUSB driver through Zadig, but still not detecting. I've got two RBoxes, 8 Antminer u2s, a Zeus miner all detected, the only thing causing problems for me detection-wise is the gridseed.
PR2 of MultiMiner 3.8 is now available with continued improvements to Network Device support.

New in this build: Actions for Network Devices now apply to all selected devices.

This means you can now multi-select Network Devices (AntMiners, KnC miners, etc.) and then switch pools, restart mining, reboot, or execute a shell command on all of the selected devices at once! This has been a highly requested feature by users.

Additional changes from PR1 include:

• Added the ability to reboot Network Devices using SSH
  • Added the ability to execute arbitrary commands on Network Devices using SSH (with a Most Recently Used list)

Happy mining!  Smiley
Just got a RockMiner New RBox and for some reason it's running below spec. Someone else suggested that it was that MultiMiner is not running the right version of CGMiner. Any ideas here? It's running at ~77gh/s, should be doing atleast 100gh/s.

Please post this in the BFGMiner thread as it is a function of BFGMiner and not MultiMiner.

My own post about it is here.

Understood.
An idea came to mind though; would it be possible to get some functionality in MultiMiner to select which backend miner to use per device? So we could use CGMiner for Rockminers. If I'm not mistaken this an option per algo for GPUs. I know, probably a ton of work for you but a thought.

I would contribute on development (I do code), but I'm not all that versed in languages outside of web development (PHP, JS, etc.). I may be of some use in a few months once I take a few programming classes this coming semester.

I don't have the time unfortunately to personally support both CGMiner and BFGMiner for ASICs. They've grown far too different over the past year. This actually used to be supported but became too much overhead as they grew apart. They use different command line arguments, different drivers, etc. It also requires working with additional devs which requires more time.

That said I'd welcome contributions to MultiMiner - still hard to believe it's a one-man-show  Grin. There's details at http://contribute.multiminerapp.com
Bored with you morons.
Just got a RockMiner New RBox and for some reason it's running below spec. Someone else suggested that it was that MultiMiner is not running the right version of CGMiner. Any ideas here? It's running at ~77gh/s, should be doing atleast 100gh/s.

Please post this in the BFGMiner thread as it is a function of BFGMiner and not MultiMiner.

Understood.
An idea came to mind though; would it be possible to get some functionality in MultiMiner to select which backend miner to use per device? So we could use CGMiner for Rockminers. If I'm not mistaken this an option per algo for GPUs. I know, probably a ton of work for you but a thought.

I would contribute on development (I do code), but I'm not all that versed in languages outside of web development (PHP, JS, etc.). I may be of some use in a few months once I take a few programming classes this coming semester.

Bored with you morons.
PR1 of MultiMiner 3.8 is now available with continued improvements to Network Device support:

Changes include:

• Added the ability to reboot Network Devices using SSH
  • Added the ability to execute arbitrary commands on Network Devices using SSH (with a Most Recently Used list)

Happy mining!  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: