Pages:
Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 11. (Read 827261 times)

legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
support for s3/s4/s5 antminer /?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
@nwools, have you finally managed to isolate and rectify the issues that caused Rockminer New-R Box 12-chip miners to underperform in BFG Miner?

Unfortunately no - lack of information / documentation from the manufacturer at this point. I run RockMiner hardware with CGMiner (with the exception of the original R-Box which seems to work fine with BFGMiner).

Edit: the NEW R-Box in that gif is a device on my network running CGMiner.
O.K., You got me on that one. I thought maybe there had been a breakthrough.

The letters to the left of each device indicate the type: GPU, USB, Proxy, Network

Part of the completely non-existent documentation  Wink
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
@nwools, have you finally managed to isolate and rectify the issues that caused Rockminer New-R Box 12-chip miners to underperform in BFG Miner?

Unfortunately no - lack of information / documentation from the manufacturer at this point. I run RockMiner hardware with CGMiner (with the exception of the original R-Box which seems to work fine with BFGMiner).

O.K., You got me on that one. I thought maybe there had been a breakthrough.

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Here's a quick animated gif showing progress on the TUI - watch the lower-left for some of the commands that are available and their aliases.

Current commands include: scan, pool, start, stop, restart, switchall, screen, clearscreen, and quit.

And here's the build in question for playing. Works on Windows, OS X, Linux, ARM, etc.

clicky
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
( -_・)ノ-=≡[$(∞)$]
FWIW - about a year ago, your website helped me get some miners going using an imac. You're a great contributor to the community and especially to those of us that aren't techies and that are forced to fumble along a steep learning curve.

It's worth a lot, thank you  Smiley
Activity: 493
Merit: 518
Really appreciate the feedback, Sir.   

FWIW - about a year ago, your website helped me get some miners going using an imac. You're a great contributor to the community and especially to those of us that aren't techies and that are forced to fumble along a steep learning curve.
Hi, this may be a silly/noob question.  I have a BeeMiner/Dragon clone btc miner - 5 Boards w/ 8 A1 chips per board.  The boards are controlled with a Raspberry Pi contained within the miner. The SD card became corrupted and I have no way of contacting the manufacturer to obtain a replacement card. Will the multiminer software, or any software you all know of, work w/ my hashing boards if I install on a new SD card and insert it into Raspberry Pi?  I have no idea on how to get this miner going again - any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm unfortunately not sure to be honest. I'm not familiar with those specific boards / chips.

If nobody else pipes up in here I think your best bet may be the CGMiner thread. Most of the standalone network ASICs use CGMiner or a CGMiner fork and the authors should be able to tell you if CGMiner supports the chips.

If it does you should be able to get any Raspberry Pi based mining distro (such as Minera or MinePeon) working.
Activity: 493
Merit: 518
Hi, this may be a silly/noob question.  I have a BeeMiner/Dragon clone btc miner - 5 Boards w/ 8 A1 chips per board.  The boards are controlled with a Raspberry Pi contained within the miner. The SD card became corrupted and I have no way of contacting the manufacturer to obtain a replacement card. Will the multiminer software, or any software you all know of, work w/ my hashing boards if I install on a new SD card and insert it into Raspberry Pi?  I have no idea on how to get this miner going again - any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nate, i just wanted to chime in and say thanks, i have been using your software for over a year now and it has taken a whole lot of headache out of mining configuration for me. You have done this community an amazing service !

Thank you for the kind words  Grin

This is awesome, thank you
I'm unable to get it to find my network attached erupter. Is that supported?

Great for watching my ant miner's though!

Thank You, sending a donation!

Any device that runs CGMiner or BFGMiner (or a fork) works and is supported. What you will need to do is figure out how to enable the RPC API in CGMiner on the Erupter Prisma. It looks like it has a Pi so you will need to get instructions (for instance from ASICMINER) on how to SSH in and enable the RPC API.

You can find similar instructions for other ASICs below which may give you an idea of the steps involved:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Network-Devices#network-device-configuration

If you do find successful steps please let me know so I can add them to the above page. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
This is awesome, thank you
I'm unable to get it to find my network attached erupter. Is that supported?

Great for watching my ant miner's though!

Thank You, sending a donation!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Nate, i just wanted to chime in and say thanks, i have been using your software for over a year now and it has taken a whole lot of headache out of mining configuration for me. You have done this community an amazing service !
Heh yeah was about to come in and say i figured it out. You are right, i thought about what new additions you made to the latest version, then realised you added Neoscrypt and Lyra etc. I had already manually created them, however i called it Neoscrypt, you called it Neo Scrypt. It took exception to that. Wouldnt let me delete one within MultiMiner, had to edit the xml manually. Removed my one and it did the trick, All operating.

(Not sure why id would stop me starting the miner, as I was using x11 and not Neoscrypt...)

Thanks for the details - sounds right. My guess is that, when I merge custom and built-in algorithms I'm doing so case-sensitively (which I shouldn't). I'll fix it when I'm back.

As far as what triggered the error when you were mining X11, MultiMiner downloads all necessary miners before starting mining. This is because something (such as Auto-Mining Strategies) may switch your mining later. It was downloading the required miners that led to the error.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Thanks for sharing this useful info. i study mining on multiple platform when i'm less busy
Activity: 152
Heh yeah was about to come in and say i figured it out. You are right, i thought about what new additions you made to the latest version, then realised you added Neoscrypt and Lyra etc. I had already manually created them, however i called it Neoscrypt, you called it Neo Scrypt. It took exception to that. Wouldnt let me delete one within MultiMiner, had to edit the xml manually. Removed my one and it did the trick, All operating.

(Not sure why id would stop me starting the miner, as I was using x11 and not Neoscrypt...)
Hmm, since upgrading to latest version, I get an Unhandled Exception error (.net) when trying to start my x11 miner.

Multiminer runs fine and shows my 3 network devices ok, but If i hit start to mine on my previously working R9 280X I get the error. (Running SGMiner 5.1 specifically setup for the 280X)

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one matching element
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at MultiMiner.Engine.MinerFactory.GetAlgorithm(String name) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Engine\MinerFactory.cs:line 83
   at MultiMiner.Engine.MinerFactory.GetMiner(DeviceKind deviceKind, String algorithmName, SerializableDictionary`2 miners) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Engine\MinerFactory.cs:line 57
   at MultiMiner.UX.ViewModels.ApplicationViewModel.DownloadRequiredMiners() in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.UX\ViewModels\ApplicationViewModel.cs:line 2105
   at MultiMiner.UX.ViewModels.ApplicationViewModel.StartMiningLocally() in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.UX\ViewModels\ApplicationViewModel.cs:line 1940
   at MultiMiner.Win.Forms.MinerForm.HandleStartButtonClicked() in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\Forms\MinerForm.cs:line 1328
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Unfortunately I'm out of town so I can't dig too much to help, but it looks like you have two GPU algorithms defined with the same name. Either try editing them in the Settings or viewing / editing the AlgorithmConfigurations.xml file directly to remove the duplicate.
Activity: 152
Hmm, since upgrading to latest version, I get an Unhandled Exception error (.net) when trying to start my x11 miner.

Multiminer runs fine and shows my 3 network devices ok, but If i hit start to mine on my previously working R9 280X I get the error. (Running SGMiner 5.1 specifically setup for the 280X)

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one matching element
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at MultiMiner.Engine.MinerFactory.GetAlgorithm(String name) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Engine\MinerFactory.cs:line 83
   at MultiMiner.Engine.MinerFactory.GetMiner(DeviceKind deviceKind, String algorithmName, SerializableDictionary`2 miners) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Engine\MinerFactory.cs:line 57
   at MultiMiner.UX.ViewModels.ApplicationViewModel.DownloadRequiredMiners() in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.UX\ViewModels\ApplicationViewModel.cs:line 2105
   at MultiMiner.UX.ViewModels.ApplicationViewModel.StartMiningLocally() in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.UX\ViewModels\ApplicationViewModel.cs:line 1940
   at MultiMiner.Win.Forms.MinerForm.HandleStartButtonClicked() in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\Forms\MinerForm.cs:line 1328
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8009 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MultiMiner.Win
    Assembly Version: 3.9.1.348
    Win32 Version: 3.9.1.348
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Win.exe
MultiMiner.UX
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.UX.DLL
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8007 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8008 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
MultiMiner.Engine
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Engine.DLL
MultiMiner.Utility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Utility.DLL
MultiMiner.CoinApi
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.CoinApi.DLL
MultiMiner.Xgminer.Api
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Xgminer.Api.DLL
MultiMiner.Xgminer
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Xgminer.DLL
MultiMiner.MobileMiner
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.MobileMiner.DLL
MultiMiner.Discovery
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Discovery.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.7903 built by: Win9Rel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
t5kzpdkx
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
n1ofypp_
uacmzejn
MultiMiner.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Remoting.DLL
System.Web.Extensions
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.7903
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Extensions/3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Web.Extensions.dll
9mofxfey
gnsvst8o
MultiMiner.CoinWarz
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.CoinWarz.DLL
MultiMiner.CoinChoose
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.CoinChoose.DLL
MultiMiner.WhatMine
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.WhatMine.DLL
MultiMiner.WhatToMine
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.WhatToMine.DLL
grwgndya
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 4.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 5.0.8.16617
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.7903
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.0.4506.8002 (FX35W81RTMGDR.030729-8000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/3.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.7903 built by: Win9Rel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
MultiMiner.MultipoolApi
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.MultipoolApi.DLL
MultiMiner.NiceHash
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.NiceHash.DLL
_skfs3wl
znn39ro3
j1daqkrv
MultiMiner.Blockchain
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Blockchain.DLL
MultiMiner.ExchangeApi
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.ExchangeApi.DLL
iivrhh2b
Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary.DLL
j1xd51tv
MultiMiner.Services
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Services.DLL
seabayxk
MultiMiner.Stats
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Stats.DLL
-dl1_ebq
MultiMiner.Xgminer.Discovery
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Axiste/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Xgminer.Discovery.DLL
nwgmwguj
bwopz9mf
rpthugzr
qybklevi
System.Web
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8010 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_64/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
2gggrxd9

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thank you for helping.

devs =>
STATUS=S,When=1421680542,Code=9,Msg=1 ASC(s),Description=cgminer 4.6.1|ASC=0,Name=BTM,ID=0,Enabled=Y,Status=Alive,Temperature=41.75,MHS av=2013438.16,MHS 5s=3636264.50,Accepted=15158,Rejected=174,Hardware Errors=273,Utility=3.45,Last Share Pool=0,Last Share Time=1421680534,Total MH=530203988983.0000,Diff1 Work=123447744,Difficulty Accepted=120799232.00000000,Difficulty Rejected=1419264.00000000,Last Share Difficulty=8192.00000000,No Device=false,Last Valid Work=1421680540,Device Hardware%=0.0002,Device Rejected%=1.1497,Device Elapsed=263333|

As you can see in the response to the devs RPC API call the AntMiner S4 driver itself is claiming to be hashing at 3.6 Th/s. In addition the driver does not provide any 1-minute or 5-minute hashrates like the Spondoolies ASICs which are more reliable than their (also buggy) MHS 5s value. If it did, MultiMiner would use those.

I would recommend contacting Bitmain support with the above RPC API output you've provided along with the URL to the shell script I've provided:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/tree/master/RPC-API-Test

As far as other apps that do not have this issue, my assumption is those do not use the devs RPC API call and thus do not support viewing per-device statistics, as MultiMiner and MobileMiner do.

Pages:
Jump to: