Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 102. (Read 586242 times)

Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
February 27, 2014, 11:46:47 AM

v1.1.10  published.

(changes from 1.1.6)
*) message signing (go to Keys tab)
*) Hebrew, French, Korean, Polish translation
*) canonical S-values in signatures.
*) improved handing of exchange rates
*) remove Mtgox
*) added Kraken, Bitpay, Coinbase
*) new high-res launcher icons

Published to github or to google play store?  When I go to Settings -> Check for Update  it says I'm up to date on v1.1.6.  Do we have to independently compile and install to get these updates?  When will they be released to Google Play?

The rollout is staged. For now it is 5% and if everything goes well (and it should as we have tested extensively) it will be 100% tomorrow. On top of that it always takes one or two hours from when you publish something on Google Play until it is available.
If you are eager you can join the Google+ group Mycelium Beta Testers. New features are available to testers early on.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
February 27, 2014, 11:37:14 AM

v1.1.10  published.

(changes from 1.1.6)
*) remove Mtgox

Published to github or to google play store?  When I go to Settings -> Check for Update  it says I'm up to date on v1.1.6.  Do we have to independently compile and install to get these updates?  When will they be released to Google Play?
Activity: 668
Merit: 501
February 27, 2014, 11:05:07 AM

v1.1.10  published.

(changes from 1.1.6)
*) remove Mtgox

Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
February 25, 2014, 10:07:30 PM
A feature that should be implemented if it's not already, every month or other interval, mycelium should remind users to verify their backup again, and if they can't to create a new backup. This will ensure that users always have a working backup and won't forget to keep it up to date, even though mycelium reminds them when they have un-backed-up keys.

EDIT: Also, something after using the wallet for a while that I would find useful, a button to turn on the QR scanner right on the main balance screen instead of having to go into the send menu first. Not sure how others feel about this.

having the qr code scanner more accessible makes sense, has been suggested already. https://github.com/mycelium-com/wallet/issues/20

i am not so fond of that other suggestion, for many reasons.
Why not? Can you explain to me why it would be a bad idea?

EDIT: Reading up on the github comments, I saw someone suggest a widget, which from a security standpoint would be terrible but from a conveniece standpoint would be great.
February 25, 2014, 10:03:11 PM
A feature that should be implemented if it's not already, every month or other interval, mycelium should remind users to verify their backup again, and if they can't to create a new backup. This will ensure that users always have a working backup and won't forget to keep it up to date, even though mycelium reminds them when they have un-backed-up keys.

EDIT: Also, something after using the wallet for a while that I would find useful, a button to turn on the QR scanner right on the main balance screen instead of having to go into the send menu first. Not sure how others feel about this.

having the qr code scanner more accessible makes sense, has been suggested already. https://github.com/mycelium-com/wallet/issues/20

i am not so fond of that other suggestion, for many reasons.
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
February 25, 2014, 09:33:46 PM

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
February 25, 2014, 09:16:22 PM
Awesome! If I had access to some coins I would try it out, but I suppose now would be a better time than ever to help with beta testing the message signing. How can I get beta again?
do two things:

to be eligible for testing you need to join the g+ group at

https://plus.google.com/communities/102264813364583686576

to get the latest bleeding edge versions go to

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.mycelium.wallet

I downloaded the beta, and I can confirm that I did a test sign and verification on a Samsung Galaxy SIII mini.
February 25, 2014, 08:40:15 PM
Awesome! If I had access to some coins I would try it out, but I suppose now would be a better time than ever to help with beta testing the message signing. How can I get beta again?
do two things:

to be eligible for testing you need to join the g+ group at

https://plus.google.com/communities/102264813364583686576

to get the latest bleeding edge versions go to

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.mycelium.wallet
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
February 25, 2014, 07:45:45 PM
v1.1.9 pushed to github, testnet and beta users.
features (compared to 1.1.6)

*) new feature: message signing
*) Hebrew, French, Korean translation
*) remove Mtgox

homepage mycelium.com will follow soon.
now it is possible to test prodnet message signing. please test how you could or could not verify signed messages from mycelium
February 25, 2014, 12:59:16 PM
v1.1.9 pushed to github, testnet and beta users.
features (compared to 1.1.6)

*) new feature: message signing
*) Hebrew, French, Korean translation
*) remove Mtgox

homepage mycelium.com will follow soon.
now it is possible to test prodnet message signing. please test how you could or could not verify signed messages from mycelium
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
February 25, 2014, 11:22:25 AM
I'd just like to say how well this wallet is designed. I use it nearly everyday but I just now found out you can send USD equivilent to people instead. A handy feature, especially for in person transactions. Since you already have the QR generatir with the amount filled in for the URI, why not add more functionality with the other fields? (Label specifically). Also, when a QR or URI is clicked/scanned with a label, is it added or promoted to be added to the address book?
Activity: 475
Merit: 255
February 25, 2014, 10:31:57 AM
Next release will feature Coinbase, BitPay and Kraken as exchange sources (in addition to Bitstamp, BTC China and BTC-E). MtGox however is going out.
Would you be upset if MtGox is no longer available?

I know it is kind of black humor, but ... Well, we have what we voted for in your little survey. Smiley
Activity: 955
February 24, 2014, 12:05:46 PM

When you click Send and enter the Enter Recipient Address page you can click Address Book. In there you can select the My Addresses tab. This will give you a list of all your addresses including those without labels.

Yep - I didn't notice that. 
I think the problem is that at the point you scan your private key it's unclear what the next step is going to be.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
February 24, 2014, 12:34:19 AM
How do I add the wallet address to my address book? - I like to top up the wallet directly from a paper wallet but I can't add my own address so I have to create a QR code of the address separately and scan that in order to top up the wallet.

As Jan said, just select "Address Book" and swipe to the left for a full list of your own addresses. I didn't even know that feature was there before, since it doesn't look very obvious Tongue

the ability to reorder the addresses in the list would be very nice

Agreed, and it's on our to do list.
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
February 23, 2014, 04:06:09 PM
I was already enjoying the watch-only function. I have a few paper wallets that I like to keep tabs on, and despite all those other "Watch your balance" apps and sites, I find Mycelium's to be the best, and it's already integrated with my wallet. But the ability to reorder the addresses in the list would be very nice, because they're kinda stuck in the order that you add them in. Alphabetical or handlebars to drag and rearrange would be very appreciated.
Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
February 23, 2014, 03:39:58 PM
This may have been asked before.

How do I add the wallet address to my address book? - I like to top up the wallet directly from a paper wallet but I can't add my own address so I have to create a QR code of the address separately and scan that in order to top up the wallet.

When you click Send and enter the Enter Recipient Address page you can click Address Book. In there you can select the My Addresses tab. This will give you a list of all your addresses including those without labels.

Activity: 475
Merit: 255
February 23, 2014, 03:38:59 PM
I must say I am currently satisfied with the choice of exchanges and current plans.
But perhaps with all those "include this averaging service and include that averaging service" there is a room for yet another improvement (available in expert mode) and that is "custom price". It would work as weighted average over user-selected (checkboxed :-)) exchanges.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
February 23, 2014, 03:26:39 PM
The next release will include pricing sources from Bitstamp, BTC-E, Kraken, BTC China, Coinbase, and Bitpay.

Bitpay is the only one of these doing some sort of average, right? There's more "averaging" services, like:

All of them offer different currencies and some (all?) of them are configurable regarding choice of exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
February 23, 2014, 11:32:22 AM
[...]
How do I add the wallet address to my address book? [...]

It won't let you. When try to you add a wallet address to the address book (via the clipboard), there's this message:
This address is already part of your wallet. You cannot add it to your address book.
Activity: 955
February 23, 2014, 09:34:50 AM
This may have been asked before.

(minor matter - I did this today and it's continuously showing 0 confirmations, though I can see the transaction on the blockchain - I'm assuming this is just a temporary server problem)

Edit - wallet now showing correct confirmations
Jump to: