Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 106. (Read 586242 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504
February 04, 2014, 04:56:23 AM
A small thing but... an audible notification when bitcoins are being received be nice feature.
With a possibility to switch it on/off of course :-).

Good idea. I'll add it to the team's to do list!  (Personally, I love the satisfying coin jingling sound of the other wallet every time I get money Cheesy)

Public domain  Grin
http://www.mediacollege.com/downloads/sound-effects/money/
http://www.mp3olimp.net/cash-register/

P.S. I'm glad that you joined the Mycelium team, Rassah, I like what you write in your posts in the various threads (especially those regarding freedom).  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
February 03, 2014, 11:42:53 PM
A small thing but... an audible notification when bitcoins are being received be nice feature.

Good idea. I'll add it to the team's to do list!  (Personally, I love the satisfying coin jingling sound of the other wallet every time I get money Cheesy)
Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
February 03, 2014, 10:49:25 PM
This would be nice too, there isn't any kind of notification at all.

I suspect this might be harder than many think.

If so, it might make a great pay feature of the product.

I never said it would be easy, but there are things I would like to see in this wallet before this.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!
February 03, 2014, 05:24:04 PM

I suspect this might be harder than many think.

If so, it might make a great pay feature of the product.
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
February 02, 2014, 02:07:08 PM
Activity: 475
Merit: 255
February 02, 2014, 01:43:37 PM
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
February 02, 2014, 01:10:46 PM
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
February 02, 2014, 03:29:50 AM
How about integrating a "Tip" button?
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
February 01, 2014, 11:06:55 PM
Could you make it so that the keys section is able to be rearranged? Like, I want my addresses in there to be in a certain order because I have multiple watch only addresses in there, and it's annoying to have to reenter everything if I want to put something before it. Would like feedback on this, thanks.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
February 01, 2014, 10:00:09 PM
Mycelium is an app for Android only.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
February 01, 2014, 09:57:47 PM
IS there an OSX update? thanks  Huh
Activity: 668
Merit: 501
January 31, 2014, 04:52:30 AM
Question:  I have an app that allows users to buy things from my store, how can i interface with Mycelium for payments?   Is there an API or something?

First, please test this using our testnet builds.
of course,there you must use testnet addresses.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycelium.testnetwallet

the code samples were written without running them once Wink - so there might be an error

The most straightforward way to do it, is create a bitcoin uri.
see https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0021.mediawiki

for example bitcoin:15f3mXNSY1oBnhaZDb7ifEYJvfg62XTtYe?amount=0.12345678
(we currently ignore label and message, this is a planned feature)

next, you send out a URI intent
Code:
String uri = "bitcoin:15f3mXNSY1oBnhaZDb7ifEYJvfg62XTtYe?amount=0.12345678";
Intent intent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW, Uri.parse(bitcoinuri));
this.startActivityForResult(intent,SOME_RESULT_CODE);

after a successful transaction you can check the transaction id in onActivityResult
Code:
String transaction = data.getStringExtra("transaction_hash");

i just wrote a full sample for you ready to copy-paste.
also, note that the same code should work with any decent android wallet, it is not mycelium-specific
(note: this should go into the FAQ)

Code:
import android.app.Activity;
import android.content.Intent;
import android.net.Uri;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.view.View;
import android.widget.Button;
import android.widget.Toast;

public class SimpleBitcoinIntegration extends Activity {

private static final int MY_RESULT_CODE = 2;

@Override
   protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {

//todo create UI as usual

Button button = (Button) findViewById(R.id.btSend);
      button.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {
         @Override
         public void onClick(View v) {
            String bitcoinuri = "bitcoin:15f3mXNSY1oBnhaZDb7ifEYJvfg62XTtYe?amount=0.12345678";
            Intent intent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW, Uri.parse(bitcoinuri));
            startActivityForResult(intent, MY_RESULT_CODE);
         }
      });
   }

@Override
   protected void onActivityResult(int requestCode, int resultCode, Intent data) {
      if ((requestCode == MY_RESULT_CODE) && (resultCode == RESULT_OK)) {
         String transaction = data.getStringExtra("transaction_hash");
         Toast.makeText(this, "received bitcoins with txid: " + transaction, Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
      } else {
         //something else happened..
      }
   }
}

legendary
January 30, 2014, 11:17:46 PM
Version 1.1.6 is out. Get it on Google Play or direct download

Update includes:

* Support for btc-e
* Danish translation
* Some minor bug fixes.

I'm learning more and more about this awesome wallet software, and have been using it as my main wallet way before I joined this team (I think I started using it as my main back in August?). This thing is like bitcoin: fairly basic at fist glance (just digital cash), but has tons of features when you start digging into it. And the team is working on some really exciting new features that we'll announce in the near future. Also, I'll be creating some instructional videos about the wallet's more advanced functions over the next few weeks, but in the mean time, feel free to ask me any questions (I'm even happy to answer ones that aren't related to Mycelium  Cheesy)
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 30, 2014, 10:00:22 PM
Question:  I have an app that allows users to buy things from my store, how can i interface with Mycelium for payments?   Is there an API or something?
Activity: 668
Merit: 501
January 30, 2014, 06:30:43 AM
and we want to grow it further:
there are still two open positions posted to work with us on this great platform:
http://megiontechnologies.com/career.html
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
January 29, 2014, 10:50:21 AM
Nice! Great to see the team growing!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129
January 29, 2014, 08:12:25 AM
Congrats, Rassah! It's great to see more and more bitcoiners make the move from hobby to pro Smiley
legendary
January 28, 2014, 11:32:00 PM
I am very pleased to announce that Rassah has joined the Mycelium team as our Community Manager!

What? Since when? Where am I? What's going on? Wow, I must have REALLY partied hard at the Miami Conference  Grin

One of Rassah's main tasks will be to guide Andreas and I to create an even better Bitcoin software based on community feedback (and common sense Grin)

I didn't see anything about "common sense" in the contract. I reserve the right to use such a thing very sparingly.

Bring on the hoards of questioning newbies and scathing trolls, for I am ready to battle!!!
riX
Activity: 326
Merit: 252
January 28, 2014, 05:42:00 PM
I noticed a small bug; when scanning a qr code for sending with amount=0.0892, the amount sent was exactly 0.089, so it seems amounts gets rounded somehow.

(Wrote this here since apparently Google now requires google+ for commenting in play store).
Thanks for the report. I am unable to reproduce this.

I have made a payment request and sent it to myself in an email like this:
Tap Receive -> tap the keyboard icon -> enter 0.0892 -> Ok -> Share Payment Request -> Gmail -> my email address

Result: bitcoin:1BoBsT2QicxGf3eroqcaXTwz9qaYiZZSNC?amount=0.0892

I have turned the string into a QR-code: http://imgur.com/KJnqj3H

When I scan it I get the correct amount 0.0892

Here is the transaction i sent: https://blockchain.info/tx/51096ef74647dd692b2bb64c88f0b9ff1b87fc231daf1ba3533ed771f9ae5043

If you can reproduce the bug please send me a copy of the QR code you scanned.
I noticed a small bug; when scanning a qr code for sending with amount=0.0892, the amount sent was exactly 0.089, so it seems amounts gets rounded somehow.

Which app was the QR code created with, Mycelium, or something else?

Hmm i paid something on a website, but I can't remember what it was. I had the qr code in my qrdroid history though.
The qr code text in history is: bitcoin:1GTWuwvEMVLGSWCBgZcnBkBqS9AQER1RF?amount=0.0892
..I guess that is according to the the standard.
Look at that address and you'll see both the original transaction from the qr code and the 0.0002 top up I had to make.

Edit: The qr code was from chunkhost.com
Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
January 28, 2014, 01:58:01 PM
I am very pleased to announce that Rassah has joined the Mycelium team as our Community Manager!

One of Rassah's main tasks will be to guide Andreas and I to create an even better Bitcoin software based on community feedback (and common sense Grin)
As a team we will hopefully be better at providing timely feedback and guidance on how to use Mycelium while getting more time for developing great stuff.

Jump to: