Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 107. (Read 586242 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
January 27, 2014, 01:16:39 PM
Another thing I can't believe I missed; why isn't there a sendmany type option to include multiple outputs?
We are very keen on keeping the UI simple while being rich on features. This means making many tough choices. Sendmany is IMO a feature you would rarily use on a mobile wallet, actually you are the first one asking for it.

I think it's funny I'm the first. Maybe you could use expert mode to add features like these so normal users don't need it. Can't it just be in the send menu? I think a good spot for it would just be a little plus sign on the screen you input the amount on, somewhere around the send button.
Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
January 27, 2014, 01:10:59 PM
Thanks for your support Smiley

Don't worry about the UI falling behind. We do have grand plans to overhaul it.
If you have any specific suggestions or something is bugging you, please don't hesitate to post here or write to [email protected]

if you want to see the early beta builds you need to join the google group AND activate beta builds at https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.mycelium.wallet

just beta or normal work this?
this posible backup or restore?
Mycelium has been out of beta for some time now. Beta testers now receive updates some days/weeks before everybody else. Everyone can join the beta program.
Backup/restore? Yes, since the very first version. Most notable features shown in this video: http://youtu.be/G8FmwbgJuLM
Jan
legendary
January 27, 2014, 01:05:19 PM
Another thing I can't believe I missed; why isn't there a sendmany type option to include multiple outputs?
We are very keen on keeping the UI simple while being rich on features. This means making many tough choices. Sendmany is IMO a feature you would rarily use on a mobile wallet, actually you are the first one asking for it.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 27, 2014, 12:50:08 PM
Thanks for your support Smiley

Don't worry about the UI falling behind. We do have grand plans to overhaul it.
If you have any specific suggestions or something is bugging you, please don't hesitate to post here or write to [email protected]

if you want to see the early beta builds you need to join the google group AND activate beta builds at https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.mycelium.wallet

just beta or normal work this?
this posible backup or restore?
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
January 27, 2014, 12:32:50 PM
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129
January 27, 2014, 12:10:05 PM
You can set a "trusted peer" in the Schildbach wallet, which makes it connect to only that address.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
January 27, 2014, 11:23:52 AM

Still not enough to say that the SPV store is not the correct way to do it, because you don't have to download from genesis block. You would download from last checkpoint, or somethign smarter in the future by maybe the last block of the first transaction of the wallet which MUST be after the earliest original checkpoint.

Are there any mobile wallets out there that connect to a running version of Bitcoind that you're running at home? That would seem to be the way to go to me if you wanted to stay decentralized (Though I'm happy with the Mycelium model for walking-around purposes).
legendary
January 27, 2014, 11:18:26 AM
We are expanding!

We are determined to deliver the best mobile wallets in the Bitcoin space. To do this we need more hands on deck.

We are currently have four positions open:
  • DevOps Engineer for Bitcoin Technologies
  • Mobile Developer for Bitcoin Technologies
  • Community Manager for Bitcoin Technologies
  • Embedded Systems Developer

Details: http://megiontechnologies.com/career.html

This sounds like a lot of fun. I'm not looking to move though, unfortunately Sad
legendary
January 27, 2014, 11:17:03 AM
I was going the reverse engineer approach but since there are signed keys involved this is probably not possible
As I understand it the complete source of the Mycelium wallet app is on github, what keeps you from reading the portion of the code that is talking with their servers to understand what the server must do and replace the SSL certificate in the code with the one of your own server once you have managed to write one?

You're right I could do the same thing, just alot more work to figure out how each call to the API relates to talking to the bitcoin node. I preferred not to because its hard to really look inside of a closed loop to see what is going on from every angle. If people really wanted this Im guessing someone would do it anyway, or they can simply open up their API like they should. Having it closed to me means there are hidden agenda's we don't know about.

I looked into the BitcoinSpinner source and the API was pretty straightforward. I'm guessing that the Mycelium API is similar if not identical as there are only so many things you can do and so many ways to do them. My main complaint was that it relied on serialized Java objects rather than a more general standard. It only took me a couple of hours to find what I was trying to look for and I'm not even a Java guru.

I think the major part of writing a version of this would be the whole blockchain side of things. Possibly you'd want to look at that Abe project someone else is working on.
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
January 27, 2014, 11:10:58 AM
Yeah, Andreas' wallet just puts a bitcoin URI into the NFC tag.
This would probably be the easiest option. Bonus points if there's a cool animation lol
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129
January 27, 2014, 09:22:35 AM
Yeah, Andreas' wallet just puts a bitcoin URI into the NFC tag.
msc
Activity: 282
Merit: 250
January 26, 2014, 07:38:49 PM
We should look into that. I actually think that it would be a small change. I only have one NFC enabled device, but I think Andreas has access to two Smiley
My thinking is that the receiving device should broadcast a Bitcoin URI with optional amount when on the Receive page, and the sending device automatically populates address/amount if it receives the URI when on the Send page. This could be a start and from that we could investigate whether it is feasible / secure to automatically launch the app when close to an NFC device.
That sounds really nice.  I've been thinking that NFC should be an option.  It would also open the door for smaller devices without a camera or full display to authorize transactions on their own.  All they'd have to do is display the price and get a confirm or deny from the user.
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
January 26, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
I've got a suggestion, what if Mycelium could use NFC to send bitcoins to another phone? Like you press send, then tap NFC instead of QR and the others and then you type in an amount, then you put your phone up against the other person's which provides a receiving address, and your phone shows a bitcoin icon that you tap to send the coins (also enter PIN). A little easier when both people have phones than scanning qr codes, and takes advantage of newer technology. Thoughts?
We should look into that. I actually think that it would be a small change. I only have one NFC enabled device, but I think Andreas has access to two Smiley
My thinking is that the receiving device should broadcast a Bitcoin URI with optional amount when on the Receive page, and the sending device automatically populates address/amount if it receives the URI when on the Send page. This could be a start and from that we could investigate whether it is feasible / secure to automatically launch the app when close to an NFC device.
That would make sense, and as to the security part, I think any kind of threat would come from someone managing to broadcast a different bitcoin URI, but i'm not sure how they would manage to do that, because the N in NFC stands for near. I think it's open to critisism and thought right now. Also, i've noticed that when using the app, turning on autofocus doesn't automatically focus anything continuously. My app is always focused to the distance when the camera is opened, and it never changes, so I sometimes have to go back and hit qr code again. So scanning can be difficult sometimes.
Jan
legendary
January 26, 2014, 04:05:48 AM
I've got a suggestion, what if Mycelium could use NFC to send bitcoins to another phone? Like you press send, then tap NFC instead of QR and the others and then you type in an amount, then you put your phone up against the other person's which provides a receiving address, and your phone shows a bitcoin icon that you tap to send the coins (also enter PIN). A little easier when both people have phones than scanning qr codes, and takes advantage of newer technology. Thoughts?
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
January 26, 2014, 02:39:59 AM
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
January 22, 2014, 05:49:09 PM
I noticed a small bug; when scanning a qr code for sending with amount=0.0892, the amount sent was exactly 0.089, so it seems amounts gets rounded somehow.

Which app was the QR code created with, Mycelium, or something else?
Jan
legendary
January 20, 2014, 05:25:54 AM
I noticed a small bug; when scanning a qr code for sending with amount=0.0892, the amount sent was exactly 0.089, so it seems amounts gets rounded somehow.

(Wrote this here since apparently Google now requires google+ for commenting in play store).
Thanks for the report. I am unable to reproduce this.

I have made a payment request and sent it to myself in an email like this:
Tap Receive -> tap the keyboard icon -> enter 0.0892 -> Ok -> Share Payment Request -> Gmail -> my email address

Result: bitcoin:1BoBsT2QicxGf3eroqcaXTwz9qaYiZZSNC?amount=0.0892

I have turned the string into a QR-code: http://imgur.com/KJnqj3H

When I scan it I get the correct amount 0.0892

Here is the transaction i sent: https://blockchain.info/tx/51096ef74647dd692b2bb64c88f0b9ff1b87fc231daf1ba3533ed771f9ae5043

If you can reproduce the bug please send me a copy of the QR code you scanned.
Jan
legendary
January 20, 2014, 05:13:12 AM
That's interesting. On my laptop, I still use bitcoin-qt, and I only get connected to 8 to 20 nodes. Every transaction I make, with or without fees, appears in blockchain.info within 1 to 2 seconds as soon as I broadcast it.

Your servers sending to 250+ nodes should get noticed by blockchain immediately.
I believe it is a matter of how many transactions you send. I have noticed it once in a while, but I don't have any statistics.
riX
Activity: 326
Merit: 252
January 20, 2014, 04:49:11 AM

(Wrote this here since apparently Google now requires google+ for commenting in play store).
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
January 19, 2014, 08:38:39 AM
That's interesting. On my laptop, I still use bitcoin-qt, and I only get connected to 8 to 20 nodes. Every transaction I make, with or without fees, appears in blockchain.info within 1 to 2 seconds as soon as I broadcast it.

Your servers sending to 250+ nodes should get noticed by blockchain immediately.
Jump to: