Pages:
Author

Topic: MyetherWallet Security - page 12. (Read 1226 times)

Activity: 222
Merit: 250
Bitcoin ATOM FORK 1 BTC = 1 BCA
February 17, 2018, 11:35:55 AM
What is the safest way to log MEW among of these?
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

Using 3 options above, using keystroke / Json File and private keys. If you want access via addons use metamask. What to watch for MEW is
1. Bookmark MyEtherWallet website
2. Do not share private keys
3. Do not store private keys, Json files etc in other emails. 4. Do not click on links that are not clearly emailed or website.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
BAANX - https://baanx.com
February 17, 2018, 11:28:35 AM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
I choose Keystone File!  Grin Grin Grin
 Personally, I do this: 1) I add Myetherwallet to my browser tabs (I'm afraid of fishing)
2) I move Keystone Fillet to an empty USB flash drive
3) When I want to go into my wallet, I insert USB flash drive in my laptop...  Cool Cool Cool
Activity: 113
February 17, 2018, 11:12:35 AM
I prefer using the private key than the two. I think that it is more convenient than to connect my MEW to metamask or keystore file. I also feel safe that no one can enter my account when I use a private key to open it. Although the two ways are also good,It still depends on the user in which way he is comfortable.
Activity: 230
Merit: 4
February 17, 2018, 10:17:53 AM
Im choosing keystore file. Keystore is a file that could be downloaded on your PC BUT needs a password to be accessed which makes it more secure while Private key is just copying the code then paste. Whoever can get into the system of your PC if you are exposed on keylogger can log-in your account easily. Metamask is imported on your browser but I found it easy to access and less secure.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
February 17, 2018, 10:15:26 AM
to keep the security of a myetherwallet I do not think hope to use a public network based internet.
so security can be maintained.
Agree , Public networks are prone in hacking especially if there is a crowd using the same network that you are using.  
Just use your own internet connection for the security of your own. I personally don't use public internets even when I am needing it. For the sake of my own coins. I can just buy load credits and convert it into our country's internet.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
February 17, 2018, 10:07:56 AM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
for now it's better you use Metamask and you can install the Metamask add-on in chrome, firefox and opera.
because I heard MyEtherWallet hard fork to MrCrypto, co-founder split and we should not underestimate this.
If you use the bookmark manager when you log in to your MyEtherWallet wallet and always go through your bookmark on the site, then the metamask does not need to be expanded for the browser. In this case, you can not make a mistake in the name of the site and go to a phishing fraud site. If we consider the question of how to safely open a purse - a secret key or Keystone File, then the preference should, of course, be given to Keystone File.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 567
February 17, 2018, 10:01:53 AM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
1, paper wallet - just print your privatekey and then keep your paper wallet on the safe place.
2, Metamask - that was adding more security layer to your wallet, I remember there is a lot of people are saying about they are never having any problem while using metamask to keep all of their amount.
3, Keystone - this should be the last due to the security measure is only pegged on your password.
And MEW also has a chrome extension actually, I've used it many times.
You can find it on their official website, don't trust other than that.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
February 17, 2018, 09:54:52 AM
In my opinion. I guess they are all important. Theyre safe tou use. It is trusted. Im using private key. So dont give away your private key, passwords. Keep it for yourself only. Keystone and metamask are also good for securing your account.
That's right, they are all important. It depends where you make computable to use, as long as you are the only one to know your private key. Be vigilant when you are using your wallet and keep your private key safety .
Activity: 136
February 17, 2018, 09:45:35 AM
to keep the security of a myetherwallet I do not think hope to use a public network based internet.
so security can be maintained.
Activity: 98
February 17, 2018, 09:39:35 AM
In my opinion. I guess they are all important. Theyre safe tou use. It is trusted. Im using private key. So dont give away your private key, passwords. Keep it for yourself only. Keystone and metamask are also good for securing your account.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
February 17, 2018, 09:17:29 AM
Well I am using my private key to login but will install metamask for more tight security, the most important thing I guess is to bookmark the real myetherwallet site, although they have a new feature, it is not yet safe because so many hackers are now cloning myetherwallet a good alternatice is Exodus, although it is only for Ethereum only wallet.
Activity: 336
February 17, 2018, 09:03:40 AM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

All in the branches disagree, but most of the metamask, but I'm essentially paranoid, then I store on several offline devices including a laptop that does not have access to the Internet;D Grin
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
February 17, 2018, 08:57:44 AM
I dont think us9nig private key in the legit site of MEW is wrong, its safe as long as you are on a correct site.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
February 17, 2018, 08:56:14 AM
there are some good suggestions here but they are only reducing the risk. at the end of it all you are still using a web wallet on an online computer and that is risky on its own.
add to that the fact that MEW may be popular but the popularity is only among users not a lot of coder who must review the code to find bugs and fix them.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000
February 17, 2018, 08:50:23 AM
anything that is online is not safe in my opinion. if you want to use it as safe, there are codes available from github. or you can get ledger nano s.
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
February 17, 2018, 08:44:46 AM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

1.Keystone File - not safe
2.Private Key - not safe
3.Connecting Metamask - safe
4.Connecting trezor/ledger - the most safe way to use MEW
I guess that the combo of Keystone File and Metamask is the best way to protect your MEW. Or you can use a hardware wallets like  trezor/ledger, but there are a lot of messages appear that they are programmed and steal your private keys. So it is strong argument for me to use Keystone File and Metamask instead of hardware wallets.
Activity: 840
Merit: 40
February 17, 2018, 08:29:59 AM
First of all, you have to bookmark https://myetherwallet.com because sometime we not check the secure sign in address bar and put our login details at phishing site and hacker got our all details. Always try to login with UTC file and strong password because UTC file is in encrypted form and no one can break it and use private window to login as it don't save any of information and cookies.
Activity: 53
February 17, 2018, 08:29:22 AM
1.paper wallet - just print your privatekey and then keep your paper wallet on the safe place.
2, Metamask - that was adding more security layer to your wallet, I remember there is a lot of people are saying about they are never having any problem while using metamask to keep all of their amount.
3, Keystone - this should be the last due to the security measure is only pegged on your password.
Activity: 511
Merit: 100
February 17, 2018, 08:28:44 AM
better use metamask if you wanna make a transaction use myetherwallet.more safety because you dont need share or input private key.so even u get into phising web,there nothing they can take from you.
Metamask is more safe than using private keys. Private keys may hack anytime unlike metamask all are safe. Yes no need to login always the private keys in visiting the myetherwallet site.
Activity: 378
Merit: 109
February 17, 2018, 08:26:31 AM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

1.Keystone File - not safe
2.Private Key - not safe
3.Connecting Metamask - safe
4.Connecting trezor/ledger - the most safe way to use MEW
Pages:
Jump to: