Pages:
Author

Topic: MyetherWallet Security - page 7. (Read 1226 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
March 20, 2018, 03:26:28 PM
You can also buy and use "cold" ledger wallet, it will save your private key outside of your computer, but you must also be careful, nobody will save you if you would download something wrong.
I believe that for safe use of myetherwallet, it is enough to worry about the security of your key. Often users themselves are to blame for compromising their secret key. When I participated in the bounty campaign, I met a couple of times when at registration users mistakenly indicated not the public address of their wallet, but a private key. Anyone who had access to the spreadsheets could access the wallet.  Cheesy
Activity: 177
Merit: 0
March 17, 2018, 04:47:55 PM

Meta mask adds an extra security layer to your wallet making it safer and impenetrable, login in using your key makes it simpler for hackers to clone your key and they may use it to access your wallet exposing your coins to them
Activity: 686
Merit: 102
March 17, 2018, 04:45:01 PM
You can also buy and use "cold" ledger wallet, it will save your private key outside of your computer, but you must also be careful, nobody will save you if you would download something wrong.
Activity: 308
March 17, 2018, 04:37:41 PM
Personally, I consider myself to be the most secure private key - written on a paper carrier, perhaps an old and not very innovative method, but for that reliable and I'm sure for the safety of my capital.
If you go to a phishing site and enter your secret key from a piece of paper, it will not protect your funds. You should be concerned about the security of your computer and do not visit phishing sites. Also I advise you to remove all add-ons from the browser - so it will be more reliable.  Roll Eyes
Merit: 10
March 11, 2018, 07:28:18 PM
Personally, I consider myself to be the most secure private key - written on a paper carrier, perhaps an old and not very innovative method, but for that reliable and I'm sure for the safety of my capital.
Activity: 238
March 11, 2018, 05:03:57 PM
I never heard, that the secret key can be broken up. I think that the purse of MyEtherWallet is reliable enough, and it is needed simply to observe precautionary measures at his use.
Activity: 238
Merit: 7
March 11, 2018, 05:02:54 PM
The first best option to log-in MEW is via metamask chrome extension because your private keys are not exposed and the extension will protect you from phishing sites. The second best way is to log-in via KeyStore/JSON file, basically, this file is the encrypted version of your private key. If you are login via keystore file make sure you are visiting myetherwallet legit website, It is recommended that you must set a password of at least 15 characters for your keystore file & do install Cryptonite chrome extension it will protect you from fake websites. Regarding logging via private key is not recommended & unsafe.
Activity: 280
March 11, 2018, 04:38:51 PM
What is the safest way to log MEW among of these?
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

I can say that the safest way to access MyEtherWallet is using PRIVATE KEY. Because unlike passwords, private key has more digits and characters with a Upper case and lower case letters that MEW given to you. It is impossible to memorize it in a second. The only thing you must do before accessing MEW is to ensure that you are on the correct site of MEW. Because it concerns about coin and tokens or money, there are fake sites trying to hack MEW accounts or MEW wallets and get the tokens you have. before accessing or opening your MEW wallet, BE SURE THAT YOU ARE ON THE CORRECT MEW SITE TO BE SAFE.
I also always use a private key for my wallets on myetherwallet. I did not experience any problems, although I used this method for a long time. The main thing is to keep your computer safe and do not go to fake sites.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 364
Merit: 4
February 27, 2018, 10:22:09 PM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

Safety order:
   3.Connecting Metamask > 1.Keystone File (+ Password) >  2.Private Key

Never use Private key to login. I usually login MEW using Keystone File + Password
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
February 27, 2018, 10:12:13 PM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

I can say that the safest way to access MyEtherWallet is using PRIVATE KEY. Because unlike passwords, private key has more digits and characters with a Upper case and lower case letters that MEW given to you. It is impossible to memorize it in a second. The only thing you must do before accessing MEW is to ensure that you are on the correct site of MEW. Because it concerns about coin and tokens or money, there are fake sites trying to hack MEW accounts or MEW wallets and get the tokens you have. before accessing or opening your MEW wallet, BE SURE THAT YOU ARE ON THE CORRECT MEW SITE TO BE SAFE.
Merit: 106
February 27, 2018, 10:05:08 PM
I started a year to use myetherwallet and I think the safest is metamask. It's also a good idea to keep in touch with fake myetherwallets so you should bookmark it to be sure. It's because many people have been robbed and have exhausted their tokens because of the inconvenience of the sites being suspicious

#Datarius
Activity: 15
February 27, 2018, 09:58:51 PM
Use Keystore File & password to unlock your MEW. Shouldn't use Private Key. Metamask is ok to login throught.
Activity: 532
February 27, 2018, 09:54:51 PM
1.Keystone File
2.Private Key
Both are Myetherwallet security keys. But we should not be careless. Because custom copy paste private key can be dangerous. We must stay focused when copy paste private key
Activity: 60
February 27, 2018, 09:33:54 PM
I believe that MyEltherWallet has a pretty good security level. The security facility must go through a rigorous research and planning process. Actually, I think for the future MyEltherWallet will be more developed and trying to get better, to prevent hacker attempts that will do everything from different directions.
Activity: 616
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
February 27, 2018, 09:22:34 PM
For me its Metamask using it to secure my ether wallet because by using this will  scan and detect anyone who will attempt to use y wallet or steal it, we really have to do everything we can to protect and secure what we have so that others will not take advantage nor take away what we in store and lose all our token...and our profit.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
February 27, 2018, 09:11:05 PM
In my  opinion our ether wAllet  needs private keys, Ease of use, back up and security. I believe that if your wallet does'nt have any one of these  things  your wallet could be at risk.
Activity: 120
Merit: 14
February 27, 2018, 08:57:50 PM
I believe the safest one is the keystore file. Though all of them are safe it's just their vulnerability to hackers have different levels of difficulty. Just be cautious on the websites you're visiting to avoid the risk og getting hacked.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
February 27, 2018, 08:52:00 PM
Why do you not recommend to use private key to login and prefe keystore file?
Actually I never use keystore to login to myetherwallet because i forget it. Anybody know how can i restore it?
It's because its easy for hackers to take information from private keys unlike with those files keystone or JSON file. I haven't used keystone file either to login to MEW. I'm still using private keys but what I do is I'm writing it on a plain paper, reading and typing it easy single time when I'm accessing my MEW.
Activity: 714
Acewins.io
February 27, 2018, 08:48:52 PM
I use Metamask, too. But are the funds really safe when I´m storing them in longterm, is it not like a hot-/online-wallet?

Actually I use 2 Metamask-accounts, 1. for buying/selling, 2. for storage.

Metamask is even safer than mew because of potential hacks that can be done on mew compared to metamask. I use metamask wallet addresses but I feel lazy loging in using their extension so I use mew to log in always.You just have to keep your seed very safe and you are free to go.
Activity: 136
Merit: 11
February 25, 2018, 06:22:13 AM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
Everything is secure and you have to keep all keys to access your MEW account, every time I want to login to my MEW account using private key because it is easy, the security of your account depends on how you keep the key and do not do wrong like phishing.
Pages:
Jump to: