Pages:
Author

Topic: MyetherWallet Security - page 8. (Read 1226 times)

Activity: 286
Merit: 31
February 25, 2018, 06:09:55 AM
I don't recommend to login to MEW account using privatekey, so I will go for Keystore File for more safety.

Why do you not recommend to use private key to login and prefe keystore file?
Actually I never use keystore to login to myetherwallet because i forget it. Anybody know how can i restore it?
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
February 25, 2018, 06:02:10 AM
What is the safest way to log MEW among of these?
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
I think all is safe and I believe in its security. If you can keep your wallet secure, it will be hard for hackers to attack. Only if you reveal confidential information about your wallet will it be stolen sooner or later. There is no way to ensure the safety of your wallet if you to expose them.
Merit: 100
February 25, 2018, 05:58:53 AM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
1, paper wallet - just print your privatekey and then keep your paper wallet on the safe place.
2, Metamask - that was adding more security layer to your wallet, I remember there is a lot of people are saying about they are never having any problem while using metamask to keep all of their amount.
3, Keystone - this should be the last due to the security measure is only pegged on your password.
I have been using metamask for a while now and I have never had any problem with it. It is an extension with a very strong layer of security and so far, I have never gotten any bad review about it, neither have I seen an issue with me using it. So far, I will rather stick to metamask than choose any of the other options.

All the above, keystore file seems to me like the safest unless you feel your PC is extremely safe, that is when you should be entering with your private key. I am always very scared to play with my private key anyway; maybe that is the reason why.

The most important thing is to always keep any of them safe; because even your keystore file lying anywhere is not good, if you cannot protect it.
Using our private keys for anything except store them is something incredibly risky, you only need to make a mistake once and you are done and if that was the private key holding most of your assets then you are lost and will never get those coins back and when we take into account the incredible amount of different coins there are in ETH and how valuable they can become securing our wallets should be our first priority.
It is convenient for me to use a private key, but I care about the safety of my computer. I try to keep my software up to date, because updates fix vulnerabilities in the software. Also mandatory is the availability of antivirus.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
February 23, 2018, 05:50:26 PM
I use the keystore file mostly but I keep my private key in a sure location, the only challenge however is if someone got your file then your password is the only  security you've got left.
I have not tried metamask though but I hear It is really good
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
February 23, 2018, 05:40:37 PM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
1, paper wallet - just print your privatekey and then keep your paper wallet on the safe place.
2, Metamask - that was adding more security layer to your wallet, I remember there is a lot of people are saying about they are never having any problem while using metamask to keep all of their amount.
3, Keystone - this should be the last due to the security measure is only pegged on your password.
I have been using metamask for a while now and I have never had any problem with it. It is an extension with a very strong layer of security and so far, I have never gotten any bad review about it, neither have I seen an issue with me using it. So far, I will rather stick to metamask than choose any of the other options.

All the above, keystore file seems to me like the safest unless you feel your PC is extremely safe, that is when you should be entering with your private key. I am always very scared to play with my private key anyway; maybe that is the reason why.

The most important thing is to always keep any of them safe; because even your keystore file lying anywhere is not good, if you cannot protect it.
Using our private keys for anything except store them is something incredibly risky, you only need to make a mistake once and you are done and if that was the private key holding most of your assets then you are lost and will never get those coins back and when we take into account the incredible amount of different coins there are in ETH and how valuable they can become securing our wallets should be our first priority.
February 22, 2018, 06:36:39 PM
I recommend wearing trezor wallet because it is real because many cases of ethereum mysterious loss may be hackers
Security on the Myetherwallet wallet is very safe because I have never had a case of stolen property on a Myetherwallet wallet. Be sure to keep the private key very carefully and the UTC file so that no one can steal it, the use of the Myetherwallet has become very secure.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
February 22, 2018, 06:32:59 PM
Everyone has its ways I use all of them interchangeably just to break the routine. However I do think that the best and most secure way to access it is through Metamask. This is just my opinion.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
February 22, 2018, 06:17:31 PM
All the medium of security are safe except for the users protection. They all need protection of the access to the PC. THey have stood the test of time with use
Activity: 316
Merit: 100
February 22, 2018, 06:11:49 PM
I prefer to log in to the Myetherwallet account using a Keystore file. Do not log in to the MEW account using the Privatekey. Safety rules are important. Keep the private key information in the paper wallet.
Activity: 330
February 22, 2018, 02:45:20 PM
I recommend wearing trezor wallet because it is real because many cases of ethereum mysterious loss may be hackers
Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
February 22, 2018, 02:00:33 PM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
there will be no such hyper security as long as you will expose anything bout it.
remember this, keep it safe and known only and only by your self.
never share if you will make a paper copy and make it for your family.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
February 22, 2018, 01:46:02 PM
I think the use of keystore / json file in MyEtherWallet is safe, because the use of this information is very rare in the hands of someone else.
So it is better to login using keystore / json file with password.
Yeah for my that is enough as well, no only a hacker needs your password the hacker needs that file to get access to your coins and as long as you always access myetherwallet from a bookmark in a computer with no viruses you are as safe as you can be, we must remember that even if there are better ways to do something we need to be comfortable with the security we are employing or it is not going to work.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
February 22, 2018, 07:29:23 AM

Many use Metamask to get into Myetherwallet. you should try it. more quickly and safely in my opinion.
I would not even try any other option except this. I have been using this since I read some reviews a long time ago on the easiest way to keep your Ethereum assets safe and I stumbled on meta mask and the reviews was what made me anyway.

Also, looking at the security protocol of metamask and how easy it is to use, I find it a much better option in terms of security than toying around with the private key as well as the keystore file.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
February 21, 2018, 05:04:58 PM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

I think that the best option is use the private key. This is the simplest way for organizing decent security system. Just remember the phrase. Connection with Metamask and saving the file are more difficult options.
Yes, I use this option. Perhaps this is not the safest way, but it's probably one of the most convenient. The most important thing is to store your key in a safe place, you can use software tools or software and hardware.
Activity: 107
Merit: 0
February 20, 2018, 01:38:08 PM
One of the way - generate offline transaction on the second computer. Point is that you must use your private key only on the offline computer. More information here:
https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/offline/making-offline-transaction-on-myetherwallet.html
Activity: 252
Merit: 102
February 20, 2018, 11:55:48 AM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
The safest way is to connect metamask but i will recommend using json file instead of private key you would just locate the file and enter your password, for me private key takes time to copy paste and the letters are very sensitive.
Activity: 588
Merit: 101
February 20, 2018, 11:54:27 AM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

I think that the best option is use the private key. This is the simplest way for organizing decent security system. Just remember the phrase. Connection with Metamask and saving the file are more difficult options.
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
February 20, 2018, 08:56:12 AM
for MEW security concerns they recommend only first 5 accesses to uses i.e., View w/ Address Only, MetaMask, Ledger Wallet, TREZOR and Digital Bitbox.
I am using Metamask, till now I did not face any problem with MEW.
Activity: 644
February 20, 2018, 08:39:46 AM
Using the json file and meta mask would be the best in terms of security.
Activity: 73
Merit: 1
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
February 20, 2018, 07:40:51 AM
MyetherWallet Security is the best......the address which is used to get tokens and the private key is used to secure myetherWallet.......
Pages:
Jump to: