Pages:
Author

Topic: MyetherWallet Security - page 9. (Read 1226 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 274
February 20, 2018, 07:22:47 AM
I think the safest way to log in MEW is via keystore/json file and don't forget to bookmark MEW homepage on your browser, so everytime you want to login always access MEW via bookmark manager to prevent you from MEW fake login page (phishing).

I do this everytime i login into myetherwallet. I click the bookmark and never login from unsecure link in any site.
But i still login with private key, so can it be dangerous? Because i already bookmark the website?

Using the keystore/json file is not safe either. Both the private keys and keystore/json file can easily be stolen.
Activity: 168
Merit: 47
February 20, 2018, 07:15:54 AM
I think the safest way to log in MEW is via keystore/json file and don't forget to bookmark MEW homepage on your browser, so everytime you want to login always access MEW via bookmark manager to prevent you from MEW fake login page (phishing).

I do this everytime i login into myetherwallet. I click the bookmark and never login from unsecure link in any site.
But i still login with private key, so can it be dangerous? Because i already bookmark the website?
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
February 20, 2018, 07:09:52 AM
What is the safest way to log MEW among of these?
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

In talking of MEW security concerns they did not recommend to use of these top two features because of hacking activities are very rampant today in which many known trading and wallet sites are already compromised by the hackers. MEW recommend the use of Meta mask and Nano Ledger hardware wallet because of its offline capability in which it ensure the safety of your coins but if you really need to use these given options then i recommend to use the Keystone file because it requires your personal password before logging IN.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
February 20, 2018, 07:06:49 AM
Use Metamask. If you are sending your coins you can do it with offline mode.
You need to have two computers one online and one offline. That is a very safe option too.
Activity: 672
Merit: 274
February 20, 2018, 07:04:44 AM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

Without a doubt, MetaMask is the safest option to use on the list you provide. Using the other options leave the door wide open to thieves - it is like leaving the keys of your house under the front door mat.
Activity: 345
Merit: 10
February 20, 2018, 06:51:13 AM
I prefer using the private key than the two. I think that it is more convenient than to connect my MEW to metamask or keystore file. I also feel safe that no one can enter my account when I use a private key to open it. Although the two ways are also good,It still depends on the user in which way he is comfortable.
Activity: 84
February 20, 2018, 06:41:55 AM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

Either keystore or Metamask works best.
Activity: 392
Merit: 2
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
February 20, 2018, 06:41:20 AM
I think going with keystone is better than private key
Activity: 191
February 20, 2018, 06:34:35 AM
using keystone file is the safest way to check MEW balance and wallet, dont use private key unless youre going to withdraw or deposit money in your wallet.
Activity: 154
February 20, 2018, 06:06:40 AM

the security of wallets and exchange sites is very important. As the amount of money in the digital money world increases, the interest of virtual thieves increases. MyetherWallet is fine and smooth.
Activity: 434
February 20, 2018, 06:04:02 AM
NEW will always let you know that if you login using your private key is out of your own risk,that why i prefer the keystone file as my login for security reason and safety
Activity: 224
February 20, 2018, 06:01:31 AM
The security of the wallets is very important on this platform. In the digital money world, there are constantly new developments. The volume of money is increasing. As the amount of money increases, the interest of people increases. I believe in myetherwallet security.
Activity: 65
February 20, 2018, 05:57:15 AM
Personally I disn't have any problems with myetherwallet. A month or two ago was a fud that everyone got hacked but it turned out to be false. I use a keystone file that i stored on a USB and secured on a shelf. On forums and telegram chat I didn't notice anyone having problems with their balance.
Activity: 700
Merit: 56
February 20, 2018, 05:47:11 AM
privatekey is the most insecure one
The safest ways.
keystone files and metamask
they are much safer to me
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
www.cd3d.app
February 20, 2018, 05:44:55 AM
If we take a look at MEW both keystore/json and private key are not recommended although there is a chance that MEW will be hacked you can lose all your tokens. Connect to metamask is the safest way
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
February 20, 2018, 05:42:58 AM
Guys if you want to log in in your myetherwallet account please make sure that the links are correct becase sometimes if you put your private key it can be hack by someone if it is not the right link so please be careful
Activity: 10
February 20, 2018, 05:41:25 AM
You should go for metamask. Do not use your keystone file especially don't ever send your private key.
Activity: 228
February 20, 2018, 05:38:51 AM
I am using Metamask with myetherwallet Its easy and i think most secure way if you don't have hardware wallet.
Activity: 952
Merit: 250
February 20, 2018, 05:37:31 AM
The safest way is to connect metamask but i will recommend using json file instead of private key you would just locate the file and enter your password, for me private key takes time to copy paste and the letters are very sensitive.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
February 20, 2018, 05:33:24 AM
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
Keystore file is very security than other! But with more coin and token in your wallet! You need used Mist or paper wallet! Do not used your wallet online!
Pages:
Jump to: