Pages:
Author

Topic: ★ NBA expert picks: New Season ★ - page 17. (Read 28754 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
The Golden Rule Rules
December 04, 2014, 05:04:36 PM
Just got a unwarranted negative feedback it is getting removed as we speak.

Todays pick-

Cleveland Cavaliers v New York Knicks

Game: Cleveland Cavaliers -7 1.952 (-105) and 197.5 over

Port - 8

Gsw v no
206.5 over

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 04, 2014, 04:49:59 PM
Hi there, where do you guys currently place your bets Smiley? Here at BetVIP we offer a 100% deposit bonus, plus an extra 50% deposit bonus as celebration of our recent rating upgrade Smiley
We have all the NBA games listed, why don't you give us a try?
Thanks Smiley

You should also mention the minimum wager required to use that bonus. Its almost impossible to reach and a lot of people overlook that. And yes, you should not post in other people's threads.
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
December 04, 2014, 11:14:18 AM
Hi there, where do you guys currently place your bets Smiley? Here at BetVIP we offer a 100% deposit bonus, plus an extra 50% deposit bonus as celebration of our recent rating upgrade Smiley
Thanks Smiley

Don't spam my thread anymore, thank you.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
December 04, 2014, 06:27:30 AM
Thanks Smiley
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
December 04, 2014, 12:23:56 AM
Record 95-63-5

Chicago Bulls v Charlotte Hornets Game: Chicago Bulls -3 1.942 (-106)

Memphis Grizzlies v Houston Rockets Game: Memphis Grizzlies -4.5 1.897 (-111)

Philadelphia 76ers v Minnesota Timberwolves Game: Minnesota Timberwolves -7 1.924 (-108)

Check back at 2200 GMT

Philadelphia 76ers v Minnesota Timberwolves Game: Minnesota Timberwolves -7
1.952 (-105)

Argh! 1-2 today.  Meant to add PHI v Minn 212 under but instead posted dupe.  Was on cellphone, careless mistake.

Stay tuned for more...

Season record 96-65-5 ... for 29 units.

legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
December 03, 2014, 09:05:19 PM
Subscription begins Dec. 5!!!

Record thus far this year: 91-59-5 (W-L-T) for 30.5 units profit!

Included is expert picks (guaranteed 60-200+ picks per month), solid parlay combos that I see profitable, confidence level, explanations, insider news content and rumors, and more.

Why I am so good at what I do:

Most experts only rely on stats and algorithms, and might manage a small victory in the long run and probably a loss after vig (the fee taken by the sports betting exchange). My picks will be aided by film analysisand statistical algorithms as well, but I will also factor in team psychology, momentum, morale and motivation, bench rotations, and many other factors denoted in a point system.

Finally there are things that go beyond algorithms.

I was a former basketball trainer (yes basketball exclusively), AAU coach, and serious basketball player.  But most of all, I understand the NBA and the psychology of the odds makers, as well as players and coaches.  

Price for subscription:

3 days: $5 (in btc)*

1 week: $10

SPECIAL PROMOTION 1 month 45 days: $30*

SPECIAL PROMOTION for monthly subscribers: If I don't profit in units for your month, you will get a 50% refund of your money in btc for the days of that month*

Please private message me if interested or questions, and I will be supplying you an address for payment.

I will be emailing report daily @ 22:00 GMT on weekdays.  Weekends will be the same unless there is matinee game.

Remember:

I am not just a sports tipper or math guy, I am also a basketball expert.  This is why I win, and this is my day job.

If you're a basketball fan and sports bettor, let me do all the work for you.

*Promotion ends Jan. 1, 2015
*Due to the complications with paypal, I can only accept payment in btc
*All conversion will be in bitstamp price.
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
December 03, 2014, 08:37:41 PM
What to look out for in the future-- East teams playing in the West that are getting great odds.  They can some times catch a lot of killer west teams off guard and do real well either moneyline or ATS.  

For example, a Boston team playing against a Memphis team at Memphis and getting +14 points.  Or a ORL team playing against Houston getting +12.  I think this will be some of the gems we can find as the season goes on.

Lakers-- beware of the Lakers.  They're record is a lie.  They have played some really tough teams and they have Nick Young back (deadly clutch shooter).  They have solid guards and wing players, some inside presence, and they have ambition and pride.  They also have a selfish and egotistical guy called Kobe that can get some great calls in his favor and also make some sick clutch shots, he's also had one of the greatest careers in NBA history.  If they can show some defensive tenacity and still have energy for offense, then start watching out for LAL. 

Boston-- I wonder when Boston will start to play with more ferociousness and play like a team.  They have a good coach and basketball mind in Brad Stevens but I don't know if the players can respect him and take him seriously, or if he can instill some authority over the players.  I also question his mindset a bit.

Dallas-- I really like Dallas this year.  I think what is stopping them from being a Champion calibur team is more chemistry and some more dirty players that can instill fear on the defensive end.  Tyson is great for that, but they need a Dennis Rodman on their team.  They have sick offensive power.  But offensive power will not last the entire game or season. So that is why they need to be a feared team on defense.

Teams that will fade--

Suns-- There style of play will not last an entire season. 

GTG for now. A lot more insight to come.

legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
December 03, 2014, 08:20:55 PM
Last night's thoughts:

There is no excuse for SAC to give such a lackluster effort on defense at home against a Toronto without Derozan.  They have had a tougher schedule and performed much better in the past.  However, TOR's goto player is NOT Derozan, but Kyle Lowry.  He is at the prime of his career and the complete package.  He has strength/explosiveness, good touch on his shots, and good feel for the game.  I sort of underestimated that, and forgot how vital that is to a team.  Also, when a team that is NOT totally exhausted, loses a tough one the night before, they will usually comeback the day after and play real strong.  That was the case with Toronto because they just lost a tough one in LAL in which I thought they should have won the game, but the refs made some really stupid calls at the end in favor of Kobe, including a totally phantom call on a jump shot and 1. I still like the SAC +1.5 line A LOT.  But ran into a TOR team that is out for revenge and shot lights out.

Portland should have beat Denver by more than just 2.  They are a team that keeps it cool, and don't really try to annihilate their opponents right off the bat.  They made the plays when it counted and that's all they really care about.

Boston game should have went under 210 imo.  No reason why Boston should allow ATL to go on a killing spree in 2nd half and score at will.  Put up a fight Boston, and have some pride in your team.  If everyone played with an attitude like Avery Bradley, then they would be a feared team.  

Rondo is playing super soft and being selfish right now in the fact that he is trying to go for as much assists as possible rather than just playing the game like it is.  In that way, he is being selfish. He should be a lot more aggressive on defense and scoring, but he is sort of going the route of Derrick Rose.  I think Ainge's comment that he expects Rondo to be the ultimate point guard is tainting his thought process. Just go out there and play the game like you know how with the goal of winning... not any kind of great assist stats or being a good point guard....  So if it takes you to only get 3 assist a game in order to win, then do it.  They were putting up a great fight when Rondo was out.

The GSW-ORL under was a tough one as well. GSW is a strange team because they rely heavily on shooting but they also have players that do the dirty work; rebounding, boxing out, defense, etc.  I guess GSW is sort of in the Portland Trailblazers mode, in that it is just doing what it needs to win.  Spurs are kind of like that too at times, and it is a good strategy because the NBA season is a marathon some times.

So this is what I think about my losses last night.  Regarding the wins.  I think the 4 wins were pretty self explanatory.  Lakers has too much offensive power vs Detroit.  Bucks vs CLE, was fortunate that Bucks did well so it went over.  Could have went under if bucks didn't put up a fight.  OKC vs NO, easy over, now that everyone is back for OKC and NO obviously has firing power.  Brooklyn -1... great odds there and easy pick.  They are playing in almost neutral environment, and the last time Brooklyn beat NYK by 10+.  Brooklyn matches up real well vs NYK and NYK is totally out of sync with the triangle offense.  They are not the 90s Bulls or a Champion caliber team.  I don't think they respect Melo as much as Bulls respected MJ, and their role players are not as unselfish as Bulls role players.  In short, their "role" players are not really role players. I think a team like the Spurs would do real well with triangle offense because they have so many cutters and so much movement in their offense.  Derek Fisher is not a coach.  He is great person and ambassador for the game, but he doesn't instill authority over the players.  In short he is too nice, and you need a mean ass dude sometimes to get a team in check and instill some tough love.

Tonight's lines are pretty tough as well.  What looks like gems in Bulls -3 and Dallas -5, are some very tough calls.  I don't want to risk Dallas -5 for you guys.  I did post Bulls -3 for the fact that they are made from last night's game and will not want to lose B2B games.  If Bulls had won in OT and must play today vs Charlotte w/o Joakim, I may not have chose them.  I trust that Thibodeau will make the right adjustments to faciliate the situation.  

I also have LAL + 8.5 and ML, but I didn't have time to post it and also didn't want to risk that for you guys.  It is indeed a risky play but also a play that can pay off good.  LAL has such a tough schedule so far so there are some real gems offered in the lines for them, especially against good east teams.

Also, didn't see that I already added Minn -7.  Odds are a bit better now as you can see. 1.952 instead of 1.924.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
December 03, 2014, 06:32:36 PM
Just sent you pm for the monthly package. 
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
December 03, 2014, 06:19:52 PM
Record 95-63-5

Philadelphia 76ers v Minnesota Timberwolves Game: Minnesota Timberwolves -7 1.924 (-108)

Check back at 2200 GMT

Philadelphia 76ers v Minnesota Timberwolves Game: Minnesota Timberwolves -7
1.952 (-105)

legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
December 03, 2014, 04:43:26 PM
Record 95-63-5

Check back at 2200 GMT

legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
December 03, 2014, 02:13:12 PM
Looks like SAcramento lost. Good thing, I didn't bet.
Unfortunately, the others were losses too except for one.

The last day of free tipping was kind of Abysmal if I was asked to judge solely based on it..!Xiaoxiao... Can u explain how u chose Kings over raptors?? That one was pretty obvious 4 me..! got a lil lucky with the win u got in one of them..! n 1 unlucky...but rest were sad picks!
PM me if u dont want to send the reasons here!
[/quote]

No it was bad, went 4-4, certainly not the results I had hoped/expected but not really abysmal.

Record: 91-59-5

Today's picks:

Toronto Raptors v Sacramento Kings Game: Sacramento Kings +1.5 1.942 (-106) L

Portland Trail Blazers v Denver Nuggets Game: Portland Trail Blazers -3 1.857 (-117) L

Los Angeles Lakers v Detroit Pistons Game: Los Angeles Lakers +2.5 1.807 (-124) W

Boston Celtics v Atlanta Hawks under 210 1.906 (-110)  L

Orlando Magic v Golden State Warriors over 202.5 1.991 (-101) L

More to come @ 22:00 GMT

Milwaukee Bucks v Cleveland Cavaliers Game: over 202 1.890 (-112) W

Oklahoma City Thunder v New Orleans Pelicans Game: over 196 1.942 (-106) W

Brooklyn Nets v New York Knicks Game: Brooklyn Nets -1 1.952 (-105) W

Parlay (.1 unit so 1/10 of straight bet amount):

Los Angeles Lakers v Detroit Pistons Game: Los Angeles Lakers +2.5 1.897 (-111) W

Oklahoma City Thunder v New Orleans Pelicans over 196 1.865 (-116) W

Portland Trail Blazers v Denver Nuggets Game: Portland Trail Blazers -3 1.915 (-109) L

Toronto Raptors v Sacramento Kings Game: Sacramento Kings +1.5 1.873 (-115) L

4 Game Parlay 12.69 (+1169)

I like taking SAC over TOR.  Still stand by it.  Even if DeMarcus didn't play.  SAC is overall the better team at home.  Their confidence is low right now but they've had a lot hard schedule than TOR and they were playing at home.  TOR also doesn't have Derozan and may not have him for a LONG time.
Activity: 910
December 03, 2014, 09:32:10 AM

Yes, your instinct was right here Cheesy

Yup I did get lucky on that. Still down about 4 units in the last 2 betting session tips.

Lets hope good for the future Smiley
Activity: 182
December 03, 2014, 09:23:03 AM

The last day of free tipping was kind of Abysmal if I was asked to judge solely based on it..!Xiaoxiao... Can u explain how u chose Kings over raptors?? That one was pretty obvious 4 me..! got a lil lucky with the win u got in one of them..! n 1 unlucky...but rest were sad picks!
[/quote]
I think he said, more tips will be coming out before he starts accepting money.
legendary
Activity: 840
December 03, 2014, 04:59:12 AM

It was a easy decision, if u watch NBA. I had no doubt that Raptors were going to win that one. Xiao went 4 the gamble I guess, but it wasnt healthy for the one's who dont watch NBA n r betting.
Activity: 140
December 03, 2014, 04:29:28 AM

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
December 03, 2014, 03:38:02 AM
[/quote]

Activity: 910
December 03, 2014, 02:50:49 AM
I am new to sports betting, and am just trying the bets out.
For the one you mentioned above:

Toronto Raptors v Sacramento Kings Game: Sacramento Kings +1.5 1.942 (-106)

on Nitrogen, all bets for Sacramento Kings are maximum +0, and rest are -ve.
What would you suggest in this case?

Yes I saw the same an hour ago. Meanwhile it has changed again and Sacramento Kings +1 is now available for 1.881 (-113).

If you have good trust in the tip, you can do the +1.

The line difference: let say the Sacramento Kings lose with 189-190 you get a push and your money back. The people that bet on the the pick earlier (for +1.5) wins the bet. If the Kings lose with a difference of 2, everyone loses.

Price difference: if the kings wins: you get a pay out of 1.881 * your stake (stake included) and the the people that have chosen the pick earlier gets a pay out of  1.942 * their stake (stake included).

So, Sacramento Kings +1 vs the original tip: price is worse and the line is worse, but again if you have faith, you can do it.

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001
December 03, 2014, 01:50:25 AM
Maybe you should post the record you have from posts on this site? If you look at the record from just this forum post, you are in the negative units.
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
December 02, 2014, 10:10:09 PM
Westgate Lv odds for championship right now:

HEAT 40-1 <--- Huh no way heat has no chance this year...
THUNDER 10-1
SPURS 3-1
CLIPPERS 10-1
PACERS 300-1
BULLS 7-1
WARRIORS 8-1
ROCKETS 20-1 <--- good odds here they have powerful team when everyone gets healthy
BLAZERS 20-1
WIZARDS 20-1
NETS 60-1 <--- really i wouldnt do 500-1 odds for nets...
GRIZZLIES 14-1
MAVERICKS 14-1
NUGGETS 100-1
RAPTORS 20-1
KNICKS 200-1
WOLVES 1000-1
PELICANS 50-1
LAKERS 1000-1  <---sick odds for a team that has a lot of room to improve.
CELTICS 500-1
CAVALIERS 3-1
SUNS 60-1
HORNETS 200-1
HAWKS 50-1
JAZZ 500-1
KINGS 100-1
PISTONS 1000-1
MAGIC 1000-1
76ERS 9999-1
BUCKS 300-1

Xiao..who do u think will win?? i think it could be OKC this year...eventhough KD is yet to make a start..! dont mind Spurs winning it again! Cheesy

OKC would have been a good choice if there team was all healthy from the start.  I'd be worried about KD's injury A LOT more than Westbrook's injury.  A fracture in the foot is a lot worse than in the hand, and even stress fractures can be very dangerous even when healed.  You become a lot more prone to the Kevin Ware incident.

I really like the chances of Cleveland to come out from the East.  Their team is way too stacked on offense, and depending on who they match up with in the East, it would be very hard to beat them in 7 games.

I'm not sure if the Bulls can get their act together come playoff time, in a 7 game series, there's just too many teams that can exploit them.

Out the West I really like Spurs, because they just have the experience.  A lot of really good teams with no experience simply crumble come playoff time.  Spurs seem to turn it up to another level during playoffs.  I also like Dallas and Grizzlies a lot come playoff time. 

My call is that it will be Spurs/Dallas/Grizzlies v Cleveland in the playoffs.  The winner of the Larry O'brien trophy will be...

the Dallas Mavericks.  I know, sounds crazy.  We will see.  (obviously injury would void everything)

Would definitely be profitable to place a few dollars for Houston, Dallas, Memphis, LAC, Spurs, Bulls, GSW and Cavs
Pages:
Jump to: