Pages:
Author

Topic: NBA Playoffs - Which team are you rooting for? - page 7. (Read 5066 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
if the clippers make it to the finals, i guess i'd have to root for them.. don't want miami winning 3 in a row. i still think san antonio is a favorite to reach the finals though.

I think the Spurs have the best shot at beating Miami, but I think OKC beats the Spurs, in a series, so it's a weird triangle. The clippers are the wild card to win
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
if the clippers make it to the finals, i guess i'd have to root for them.. don't want miami winning 3 in a row. i still think san antonio is a favorite to reach the finals though.
legendary
Clippers are doing well so far. If they want to win this series, they definitely need to win at least one game in okc

isn't that obvious? they don't have the homecourt advantage. they are definitely better than last year, which is probably due to the coaching change. they're not a top tier team though, in my opinion.

They are now with the Sterling scandal. They are most likely to be benefactors of the rig, with the whole "we are one" campaign.
Clippers are doing well so far. If they want to win this series, they definitely need to win at least one game in okc

isn't that obvious? they don't have the homecourt advantage. they are definitely better than last year, which is probably due to the coaching change. they're not a top tier team though, in my opinion.
legendary
That is way too easy for the Heat.
At least hockey might be exciting.

I know round 1 of the NBA had several great series, but the Eastern conference is looking really lame now.

the heat are so lucky in that they are in the east coast. the playoffs are usually a breeze for them, at least until the ECF.

Yeah, I have been saying they need to shake it up a bit.   They should change it to North and South or something

that new commissioner silver guy has said that they might go to a 1-16 format. long overdue, imo.
legendary
Not a fan of Basketball, but since I am Canadian I was hoping for Toronto.  Shame they had to lose in game 7 the way they did. 

Had to be heartbreaking to lose by 1 point.

Yeah, sucks that Toronto lost, but they had no chance against Miami.   Brooklyn has the best chance out of any team in the East of beating Miami.   I believe they were the only team to go 4-0 against them in the regular season.   Also Brooklyn has an older team, so with the playoff schedule there are no back to back nights, so it serves them much better than in regular season.
legendary

I know round 1 of the NBA had several great series, but the Eastern conference is looking really lame now.

the heat are so lucky in that they are in the east coast. the playoffs are usually a breeze for them, at least until the ECF.

Yeah, I have been saying they need to shake it up a bit.   They should change it to North and South or something

Activity: 714
Merit: 503
Not a fan of Basketball, but since I am Canadian I was hoping for Toronto.  Shame they had to lose in game 7 the way they did. 

Had to be heartbreaking to lose by 1 point.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!

This year has been good so far.
I find it hard to get excited about the NBA Playoffs since pro basketball has proven to be fixed/rigged/corrupt more than once.
An upset by Dallas would have been exciting, but the Spurs are a quality team.

The Pacers upsetting the Heat would make a great story, after they have been in a tailspin the last month.

i don't see indiana doing jack. hibbert is handicapped for whatever reason. the reason why they were such a problem for miami last year was their size down low.

Something has happened with the team.   I don't know what it is, but I am sure that some info will come out after the season.  #1 seeds don't have monumental fails like that Pacers have done after the All Star Break, and part of these playoffs.   Hibberts stats are ridiculous.   I mean the guy can basically touch the rim without even jumping.   How is it humanly possible to have stats so low...  There has to be something else going on that we all don't know about.

i heard some theories that he could be injured.. it would explain a lot. but it doesn't explain the lack of team chemistry though. either way, indiana  is not going very far this year.
legendary
I find it hard to get excited about the NBA Playoffs since pro basketball has proven to be fixed/rigged/corrupt more than once.

The Pacers upsetting the Heat would make a great story, after they have been in a tailspin the last month.

The Pacers are in the middle of the largest collapse I have ever seen for a 1 seed in the NBA.  The coach was basically playing for his job in that last game 7

I know they have serious issues:
That is why The Pacers upsetting the Heat would make a great story.  Smiley

Yeah, it would make a decent story, but by the way they are playing, they have seriously no chance.   They probably won't even get past Washington. 
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!

The Pacers are in the middle of the largest collapse I have ever seen for a 1 seed in the NBA.  The coach was basically playing for his job in that last game 7

I know they have serious issues:
That is why The Pacers upsetting the Heat would make a great story.  Smiley
legendary

i don't see indiana doing jack. hibbert is handicapped for whatever reason. the reason why they were such a problem for miami last year was their size down low.

Something has happened with the team.   I don't know what it is, but I am sure that some info will come out after the season.  #1 seeds don't have monumental fails like that Pacers have done after the All Star Break, and part of these playoffs.   Hibberts stats are ridiculous.   I mean the guy can basically touch the rim without even jumping.   How is it humanly possible to have stats so low...  There has to be something else going on that we all don't know about.
legendary

legendary
Anybody following the NBA Playoffs this year? Been a really exciting first round so far! Smiley

I haven't been following in a while, but maybe I'll catch a few games this year to see if Michael Jordan can win one more!
He's still around, right?

His shoes are still around, that's about it.   His team now is the Charlotte Bobcats who just got swept by the Miami Heat.  Despite being swept, it was a huge accomplishment for them to even make the playoffs because they have been so pitiful up until this point.
legendary
I was rooting for the Mavs tonight
Gutting defeat now I have to find a new team to root for
Any suggestions?

Mavs are my team too.   Since they are gone, I am defaulting to the Clippers because that is where I am from...
legendary
Activity: 1484
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
I haven't been following in a while, but maybe I'll catch a few games this year to see if Michael Jordan can win one more!
He's still around, right?

Good one  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: