Pages:
Author

Topic: Nefario - page 22. (Read 198674 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522
November 07, 2012, 12:43:21 PM
If he claims that he couldnt get all the money back from double payment and the users that didnt pay back get a scammer tag or something and he still refuses to give out the asset infos i even would be ready to pay some btc into a collection pot to pay it to nefario

I think the scientific name for this is Stockholm Syndrome.
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
November 07, 2012, 10:20:49 AM

He's completely dead in the community and possibly for any sort of entrepreneurship. He might as well change his name and go back to teaching English in China.

I promise that if he does not pay back the bitcoin and asset information, he cannot work for any Chinese employer for longer than 3 months. I will unit all the Chinse bitcoiners chasing him and let all his colleague and friends know what he has done to this community.

Other Irish and community members should do this, too, if he start any new companies or find a new job. Chase him until he pay back the coin and assets info.

As lots of people around this forum, I will only forgive him and try to understand him after he has actually done what he promised. I still hold that he will do the right thing, but my confidence level has dropped significantly. The delay is very weird and impossible to understand.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
November 07, 2012, 10:12:29 AM
Sounds like the majority now thinks that nefario was trying to scam from the start. Im still not convinced. I think he is stubborn and made many mistakes but to think that he would kill his little cashcow glbse only for such a small amount of usermoney doesnt get in my head. He could come with a way better idea than that. A project where way more money would have been collected. Or for glbse he could for example simulate that the server was hacked and all btc are gone. This way he would have hold a big part of his reputation.

And he started to communicate at least a small bit some days ago.

And like you say... there is no hint that its the assetdata that makes him so fearful. He probably wasnt threatened by fsa or similar.

FWIW, I don't think he was trying to scam from the start. I think he was incompetent from the start, and the effect of incompetence is to slowly build a gap between representation and reality. That gap requires servicing, which is a permanent draw on resources. Eventually that draw became too much and overwhelmed whatever glib Nefario had. It's how these things work, and it's why the incompetent should not be in charge of large projects: even if originally they may seem okay on the surface of things, that gap is there and is growing. Just look at shtylman.

You might be right but i wonder if others around him shouldnt see some signs of it before. So for example a change in behaviour or so.

On the other hand... if its really some kind of this and he took the brake by killing glbse than the chance that the asset infos are coming is higher. Because these infos wouldnt have a value for him otherwise and it wouldnt stand something against it to give the infos out. At least these infos are worth more than the users-money... at least for honest issuers.

If he claims that he couldnt get all the money back from double payment and the users that didnt pay back get a scammer tag or something and he still refuses to give out the asset infos i even would be ready to pay some btc into a collection pot to pay it to nefario so that he cant excuse it with "there is still money not paid back". Because i would gain more when i could have the asset infos. I would hate the guys holding the usermoney hostage and force me to pay and i would hope they suffer but at the end i need to see it as a invest-gain-thing without emotions.

I hope thats not needed at the end. And i wonder if nefario will write the next blogentry 7 days after his last one because he then has to be through the full list of double payments receivers.
November 07, 2012, 06:18:54 AM
Sounds like the majority now thinks that nefario was trying to scam from the start. Im still not convinced. I think he is stubborn and made many mistakes but to think that he would kill his little cashcow glbse only for such a small amount of usermoney doesnt get in my head. He could come with a way better idea than that. A project where way more money would have been collected. Or for glbse he could for example simulate that the server was hacked and all btc are gone. This way he would have hold a big part of his reputation.

And like you say... there is no hint that its the assetdata that makes him so fearful. He probably wasnt threatened by fsa or similar.

FWIW, I don't think he was trying to scam from the start. I think he was incompetent from the start, and the effect of incompetence is to slowly build a gap between representation and reality. That gap requires servicing, which is a permanent draw on resources. Eventually that draw became too much and overwhelmed whatever glib Nefario had. It's how these things work, and it's why the incompetent should not be in charge of large projects: even if originally they may seem okay on the surface of things, that gap is there and is growing. Just look at shtylman.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
November 07, 2012, 05:18:59 AM

I agree, but it doesn't make a big difference. He ended up to manage the whole thing like a cunt, punishing everybody involved to the same degree and not owning up to his responsibility.

He's completely dead in the community and possibly for any sort of entrepreneurship. He might as well change his name and go back to teaching English in China.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
November 06, 2012, 04:42:55 PM

Activity: 437
Merit: 250
November 06, 2012, 02:06:09 PM
No you probably won't ever see any asset information. In fact the whole thing was probably a setup with one of the major asset holders on glbse so they would never have to pay back their investors
I heard that little voice whispering "you are going to regret this" when I send back that double payment.

At this point I'm sure this was a mistake. Nefario won't send any asset information, won't he?

Just f***
legendary
Activity: 1232
November 06, 2012, 11:11:05 AM
I heard that little voice whispering "you are going to regret this" when I send back that double payment.

At this point I'm sure this was a mistake. Nefario won't send any asset information, won't he?

Just f***
November 06, 2012, 10:48:56 AM
If anyone is still keeping score, the recent ECB report clearly shows that institution does not regard Bitcoin as either a currency or something they regulate. This would be giving the lie to Nefario once more, seeing how in this context it's highly unlikely the FSA would be investigating a Bitcoin venture.

Okay, let's assume he sent a list to all issuers. What about the non-cooperating issuers? I'd at least need, for each company, a separate letter signed by GLBSE that shows my shares. Plus, the identity information of these issuers need to be communicated to the shareholders. Their obligations won't disappear until all the disputes are resolved, though most of is simply as a witness.

There are reasons securities market is heavily regulated. One thing is to prevent entities like GLBSE from withholding or falsifying such information. It's pretty ironic that it's now happening (supposedly) because of regulatory trouble.

There is absolutely no indication regulators have even contacted Nefario. Or that he has even spoken to a lawyer. The only evidence we can rely on is that Nefario is totally incompetent.

Actually, seeing how the person he identified as his lawyer didn't return calls/emails in the past couple of weeks, it's highly unlikely that they ever heard of James McNefario or w/e his name is.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
November 05, 2012, 04:43:47 PM

Can you take me off this list? I am easily overwhelmed by too much
communication. I'm finding all this email exhausting me and
unbalancing my mind which makes working on Bitcoin projects difficult.

Was the last response to me contacting the other shareholders. Most of them have basically washed their hands of glbse.

LOL.  Amir asked to be taken off the mailing list when the Bitcoinica shit hit the fan, too.

Seriously folks, don't get involved in operating Bitcoin businesses if you can't handle stepping up to the plate and taking responsibility when shit goes wrong.  Because shit will go wrong in every business and there's a very high chance in the case of start ups that it will go badly wrong.

I wouldnt call people who simply owned glbse shares "involved" in the business at all. Its closer to owning apple stock and going to shareholder meetings occasionally and rubber stamping decisions made by the ceo.

If you are in a glbse business make sure all the officers have backups of the database at least.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
November 05, 2012, 04:06:28 PM
Because shit will go wrong in every business and there's a very high chance in the case of start ups that it will go badly wrong.

...and an even higher chance that any open unregulated BTC exchange will go spectacularly wrong.

Activity: 868
November 05, 2012, 03:19:04 PM

Was the last response to me contacting the other shareholders. Most of them have basically washed their hands of glbse.

LOL.  Amir asked to be taken off the mailing list when the Bitcoinica shit hit the fan, too.

Seriously folks, don't get involved in operating Bitcoin businesses if you can't handle stepping up to the plate and taking responsibility when shit goes wrong.  Because shit will go wrong in every business and there's a very high chance in the case of start ups that it will go badly wrong.
Wat
November 05, 2012, 08:14:56 AM
Okay, let's assume he sent a list to all issuers. What about the non-cooperating issuers? I'd at least need, for each company, a separate letter signed by GLBSE that shows my shares. Plus, the identity information of these issuers need to be communicated to the shareholders. Their obligations won't disappear until all the disputes are resolved, though most of is simply as a witness.

There are reasons securities market is heavily regulated. One thing is to prevent entities like GLBSE from withholding or falsifying such information. It's pretty ironic that it's now happening (supposedly) because of regulatory trouble.

There is absolutely no indication regulators have even contacted Nefario. Or that he has even spoken to a lawyer. The only evidence we can rely on is that Nefario is totally incompetent.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
November 05, 2012, 08:09:24 AM

Wat
November 05, 2012, 07:50:30 AM
So in one week lets see what he is saying. If he is naming the users keeping the others users money hostage or whatever new infos he has.

When has "let's wait a little longer" ever had a good outcome for the victims of Bitcoinica enterprise clusterfucks?

Not to date. It's a bad strategy anyway.

FTFY

Have you shareholders of GLBSE had meeting recently? Do you have any other information that what's going on with Nefario?

vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
November 05, 2012, 07:43:40 AM
Holy crap there is a lot of replies!

How much BTC are Nefario holding ATM?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
November 05, 2012, 07:37:24 AM
Not only that, but he doesn't even seem to have any clue *how* to release the share info. And he has totally failed to do so in the past. And he isn't communicating. So unless something forces him to do the right thing, there's a very good chance he won't.

It is really not that difficult:

Send the Asset Issuers a list with email addresses of their investors (the ones that gave Nefario permission to share that info) + number of shares that are being held by those 'addresses'

A weekends work...
How do the asset issuers know that the list doesn't just contain email addresses controlled by Nefario? What happens if an asset holder claims to hold shares of an asset but his email address isn't on that list? It's not nearly that simple.

(And these are not impossible problems to solve. For example, if the list is signed by a public key known to be used to sign these lists, the asset issuers can prove a particular email address is or isn't on the list. With proper design, an asset issuer can prove a particular email address is or isn't on the list without revealing the others. It takes effort to design a proper redemption scheme.)

donator
Activity: 1120
November 05, 2012, 07:29:10 AM
So in one week lets see what he is saying. If he is naming the users keeping the others users money hostage or whatever new infos he has.

When has "let's wait a little longer" ever had a good outcome for the victims of Bitcoinica enterprise clusterfucks?

Not to date. It's a bad strategy anyway.

FTFY

Have you shareholders of GLBSE had meeting recently? Do you have any other information that what's going on with Nefario?
riX
Activity: 326
Merit: 254
November 05, 2012, 06:03:52 AM
Not only that, but he doesn't even seem to have any clue *how* to release the share info. And he has totally failed to do so in the past. And he isn't communicating. So unless something forces him to do the right thing, there's a very good chance he won't.

Send the Asset Issuers a list with email addresses of their investors (the ones that gave Nefario permission to share that info) + number of shares that are being held by those 'addresses'

A weekends work...

Or even easier: let people download their trade history csv-files from glbse.com, just add a PGP or bitcoin address signature to it.
The csv functionality is already implemented, I have my csv but no way to prove to issuers that it's not manipulated.
Activity: 868
November 05, 2012, 05:24:04 AM

A weekends work...
Pages:
Jump to: