Pages:
Author

Topic: Nefario - page 59. (Read 198678 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
October 09, 2012, 03:13:19 PM
Looks like i misunderstood again. I thought all the users money will go into the paper wallet so it can be returned. That would mean theymos 800btc and nefarious 8000btc. But the number doesnt match in either way: https://blockchain.info/address/18bEUAuzWg97swzHXzK4prGGYSBAMCUgz
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
October 09, 2012, 03:06:22 PM
this forum is full of crooks and it appears to be run by a crook also.

I propose this as the forum's official description
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
October 09, 2012, 03:02:00 PM
Just for shits and grins I was checking out the http://blog.glbse.com/ and watching the video.... I'm about 4 minutes in right now, and Nef is talking about how he doesn't need AML

and wait when you find his old comments describing glbse as trading imaginary money for virtual shares.

btw at the end of the talk he has a standup intro about backups and recovery plans for events like this one
pure gold
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 09, 2012, 03:01:51 PM
Who exactly is BG's secretary?  Do they have a name on the forum, do they have a real name and public identity?  At this point I believe this should all be transparent given the circumstances.

I'm not comfortable revealing information about BitcoinGlobal shareholders which have not self identified, sorry.

See, the problem with this is you guys are knowingly transferring stolen funds to people who you are not willing to disclose, you should all get scammer tags, this forum is full of crooks and it appears to be run by a crook also.
October 09, 2012, 03:00:54 PM
This is some seriously scammy shit...

Theymos tried to claim he was holding onto 600-800btc.... then transfers 950btc to a paperwallet and 150btc to somewhere else?

Why lie about the amount and try to downplay it?  What is the other 150btc and whos wallet is that?
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
October 09, 2012, 02:59:22 PM
Who exactly is BG's secretary?  Do they have a name on the forum, do they have a real name and public identity?  At this point I believe this should all be transparent given the circumstances.

I'm not comfortable revealing information about BitcoinGlobal shareholders which have not self identified, sorry.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
www.bitcointrading.com
October 09, 2012, 02:57:38 PM
I can't wait for those funds to be dispersed today..

and i guess "today" is tomorrow, too.
October 09, 2012, 02:56:31 PM
Must not have been these funds.

May we have the public address of said paper wallet please, so that we may keep an eye on them?

I don't see any reason why this cannot be released. 18bEUAuzWg97swzHXzK4prGGYSBAMCUgz

The funds tied to that address are now in control of BG's secretary.

Which is bullshit, why send ~800btc more to be controlled by Nefario when he already has ~8000btc of illegally obtained funds?

What will giving Nefario ~800btc more do that he couldn't have done with the ~8000btc?

As I said, the funds were sent to the secretary, not Nefario. He only accepted them reluctantly (rather than have Theymos keep them) so that Nefario would have no reason to not begin dispersing customer funds.

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
October 09, 2012, 02:55:40 PM
Although not interested so much in the scammer tag discussion I am not quite sure how would such an exchange *know* it's being illegal without there being any actual legal precedent (AFAIA bitcoins are still legally undefined)?

This is a very good point. It's all speculation, guessing, and fantasizing. SEC or any similar authority has never deemed any btc operation illegal, for whatever reason. Not saying it won't happen, just saying people need to cool off a bit and operate based on facts. Supporting the CLAG, BF, or other group of you choice in creating a favorable legal environment is also a good idea.  If you feel that btc should never pursue legality, then continue your operations SR-style, as a black op, and don't discuss it here in public forums.
October 09, 2012, 02:53:46 PM

May we have the public address of said paper wallet please, so that we may keep an eye on them?

I don't see any reason why this cannot be released. 18bEUAuzWg97swzHXzK4prGGYSBAMCUgz

The funds tied to that address are now in control of BG's secretary.

Which is bullshit, why send ~800btc more to be controlled by Nefario when he already has ~8000btc of illegally obtained funds?

What will giving Nefario ~800btc more do that he couldn't have done with the ~8000btc?

As I said, the funds were sent to the secretary, not Nefario. He only accepted them reluctantly (rather than have Theymos keep them) so that Nefario would have no reason to not begin dispersing customer funds.
October 09, 2012, 02:47:32 PM
Someone followed the btc-trail through addresses? So we maybe can see where the money is lying and if it is moved.

What about that talk of a "paper wallet" yesterday?

What do you know about that, bitcoin.me?  Seemingly you know more than most of us.  Please share.

A paper wallet has been generated and all outstanding funds should be going there soon.

The secretary (not Nefario), to whom Theymos was instructed (by a narrow majority of shareholders [keep in mind that Nefario owns 24% of shares]) to send the funds under his control, asked other shareholders for advice on how to secure the funds, not wanting to risk them being stolen on top of everything else. I suggested that he create a paper wallet offline, for safe keeping until the funds could be distributed to users. Theymos sent the funds to the address under the secretary's control earlier today.

legendary
Activity: 966
October 09, 2012, 02:46:41 PM
The secretary (not Nefario), to whom Theymos was instructed (by a narrow majority of shareholders [keep in mind that Nefario owns 24% of shares]) to send the funds under his control, asked other shareholders for advice on how to secure the funds, not wanting to risk them being stolen on top of everything else. I suggested that he create a paper wallet offline, for safe keeping until the funds could be distributed to users. Theymos sent the funds to the address under the secretary's control earlier today.

October 09, 2012, 02:38:06 PM
Someone followed the btc-trail through addresses? So we maybe can see where the money is lying and if it is moved.

What do you know about that, bitcoin.me?  Seemingly you know more than most of us.  Please share.

A paper wallet has been generated and all outstanding funds should be going there soon.

October 09, 2012, 02:37:15 PM
Just for shits and grins I was checking out the http://blog.glbse.com/ and watching the video.... I'm about 4 minutes in right now, and Nef is talking about how he doesn't need AML
legendary
October 09, 2012, 02:31:15 PM
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Paper_wallet

I dont see why this is needed. That sounds more like if one person would have to keep that paper. How can this be more secure for the customers? Its only more secure for the person having the paper wallet.

And it doesnt have an advantage for paying the btc out.

This doesnt sound good to me.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
October 09, 2012, 02:27:18 PM
That is what they claim, however the true motive is quite obviously revenge on Nefario for blowing the whistle and preventing Theymos from dumping the stock on the forums.  Had Nefario allowed that final scam to go through, Theymos would never have complained just like he never complained before about the illegal activity they were engaged in. 

Rarity - How is it "obvious" that was the true motivation?  It is a theory but it is not obvious.   Also Nefario said this was a majority of his income so why would he kill his proverbial "golden goose" on purpose? 

From what we can find in public record, would support that he tried to go legit and got shut down OR he had something other game plan going and this was part of it. 
legendary
Activity: 966
October 09, 2012, 02:20:23 PM

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 09, 2012, 02:11:29 PM

Nobody is morally required to honor an agreement to break the law.

Not all laws are moral to support.
I still agree with that exactly as much as the first ten times you tried to plant the strawman there. 

I suppose I'm the only one seeing the contradiction here.

Any time I see illegal activity on this forum I report it immediately.

And neither did you.  Or did I miss the post detailing your call to the SEC?

I did in fact send a report on my suspicions several weeks ago when I was made aware of the questionable activities going on behind the scenes.    However, I'm not sure what that has to do with my argument in this case.  I was not a stockholder or involved in this business in any way at all.  I have no ulterior profit motives in this matter like Theymos does. 

It's not the "behind the scenes" activity that was illegal here.  The whole site was illegal (and obviously so) from the moment it was founded.  And you failed to report it for over a year.  Far from immediately. 

Have you also reported all of the gambling threads and sites?  They're all breaking the law every time they accept money from or pay out to anyone on American soil. 

It's amazing you have time to run a business with the hundreds of phone calls you must be making each day to "the authorities" based on the actions of those on these forums. And it's a shame every one of your requests for Scammer tags for those running all of these illegal operations have been deleted.

You clearly have some grudge against Theymos.  He's not even the one who awarded the tag.  He's just the whistleblower.
legendary
October 09, 2012, 01:46:11 PM
Activity: 182
Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!
October 09, 2012, 01:34:43 PM
And neither did you.  Or did I miss the post detailing your call to the SEC?

I did in fact send a report on my suspicions several weeks ago when I was made aware of the questionable activities going on behind the scenes.    However, I'm not sure what that has to do with my argument in this case.  I was not a stockholder or involved in this business in any way at all.  I have no ulterior profit motives in this matter like Theymos does. 
Pages:
Jump to: