Pages:
Author

Topic: Nefario - page 80. (Read 198674 times)

Activity: 605
Merit: 500
October 06, 2012, 04:53:34 PM
WoW

Im new here and already lost money.

Maybe a new section can be put on the forum, such as POTENTIAL SCAMS and we could warn each other against this kind of wrongdoing.

So now what, how will a safe secure exchange be setup ?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
October 06, 2012, 04:51:42 PM
No GLBSE coins not users coins.

I don't mind at all what they do with their GLBSE profits. But I think that is a right of the users to know now WTF are they going to do with their service. Do we have to wait that they get some permission from some state? (then we can fugged about it).  Are they going to sell the whole thing to someone else? Are they going underground on the .onion? What are the fucking procedures to deal directly with the asset issuers to recover the ownership of the shares?

Nafario said on the phone he has been made some very generous offers for the source-code.  Also the owner of the LTC-Global said he was selling his source-code too.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
October 06, 2012, 04:50:46 PM
No Nafario told me on the phone he's had to shut down to avoid (possible) jail time for helping to fund terrorism and helping money laundering never mind all the tax issues.

Bitcoin businesses who aren't AML/CTF compliant have been warned about this likelihood for a long time.  There's really not much of an excuse for not being prepared for it either on the operator side or the user side.  When businesses are providing financial services without requiring KYC information, users know damned well that those businesses are at risk of encountering legal problems for AML/CTF and tax evasion issues.  Operators and users are perfectly free to ignore that risk, but they knowingly do so at their own peril.

Where such businesses have actively misled their users with statements that their service is not at legal risk because...Bitcoins, then a "scam" label is probably warranted.  For the most part, though, it would be more accurate to label the operators of such services as arrogant, reckless and incompetent.

Seriously, tell me that's not US government language.

It's standard language for all 34 FATF member nations, which is why you'll find financial institutions all over the world talking about AML/CTF/KYC requirements.  The administrative burden for complying with those requirements is enormous, but small entities don't have the the resources to wear the consequences of non-compliance.
legendary
Activity: 966
October 06, 2012, 04:45:19 PM

You became involved with an illegal activity as soon as you deposited. You got in the dirt. Not your fault for what has occurred but it's the law intervening that is at fault. Not being diligent enough to know the risk involved was yours however.

I'm not here to cast blame on anyone other than the law. Just pointing out where one's responsibility ends and where another's begins.

Where are these laws? Bitcoins has no laws, and no fiat currency was used in GLBSE.

How where the bitcoins obtained? Through purchase with fiat sometimes?

I mined them.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
October 06, 2012, 04:43:41 PM
and
possible legal issues would affect bitcointalk forum aswell

Yes, at this point I would expect that this forum can be banned from the face of internet for suspects of financing al-CIAda, money laundering and whatnot.
If we were smart, we would already planning how to go underground like the stoners did.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
October 06, 2012, 04:40:57 PM
No Nafario told me on the phone he's had to shut down to avoid (possible) jail time for helping to fund terrorism and helping money laundering never mind all the tax issues.

Seriously, tell me that's not US government language  Cheesy

"Not buying treasury bonds? You's a Turrrrist"
Fuck Uncle Sam, really.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
October 06, 2012, 04:39:48 PM
This is very interesting. I hope everything works out for the better.
legendary
Activity: 1428
October 06, 2012, 04:38:40 PM
Theymos, ya'all should integrate a stock exchange into the Bitcoin Talk forums. Then the scammer tag can hold more power.

i love that idea,

but, the drawbacks are:

more concentration of power (the forum is hosted by mtgox)
and
possible legal issues would affect bitcointalk forum aswell
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
October 06, 2012, 04:38:40 PM
Nefario has already stated he won't give the user database to theymos, so unless you can change his mind it's not likely.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
October 06, 2012, 04:37:18 PM

legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
October 06, 2012, 04:31:32 PM
No GLBSE coins not users coins.

I don't mind at all what they do with their GLBSE profits. But I think that is a right of the users to know now WTF are they going to do with their service. Do we have to wait that they get some permission from some state? (then we can fugged about it).  Are they going to sell the whole thing to someone else? Are they going underground on the .onion? What are the fucking procedures to deal directly with the asset issuers to recover the ownership of the shares?
Activity: 437
October 06, 2012, 04:28:58 PM
Good thing I took all my money out of GLBSE around the pirate scam. But if my money was still there I would want theymos to send out the money himself, I definitely wouldn't trust Nefario to do it. Lets not forget the money returned from the "hacker" to bitcoinica by mt gox still hasn't been returned to the owners
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
October 06, 2012, 04:28:41 PM
Theymos, ya'all should integrate a stock exchange into the Bitcoin Talk forums. Then the scammer tag can hold more power.

legendary
October 06, 2012, 04:25:33 PM
All this talk about GLBSE being illegal is nonsense. All that happened was the exchange of bitcoins, someone said its because its unregulated securities where a security is anything of value. Well if thats the case then every transaction of bitcoins is also an illegal transaction of a security, so watch out what your so quick to measure out, all those who consider themselves oh so pure.

If government wants to call it illegal then it has to first define bitcoins as a species of money or come out with an offical stance, otherwise its no different to saying you cant trade within a game.

Activity: 504
Decent Programmer to boot!
October 06, 2012, 04:22:48 PM
Can we finally wake up and realize it's not safe to hold unregulated capital markets in centralized Web services operated by anonymous and quite possibly Nefarious individuals?

There are alternatives.  The truth is out there.

If someone can figure out how to operate anonymous corporations that are nonetheless ethical and is held responsible, they will rake in the dough.

Getting off topic, but I don't think it is possible at this point.

If you are an anonymous entity, no one will trust you.

If you are a known entity, you aren't anonymous.

It's all about the hashes.

Hashes prove you are who you say you are consistently, however an anonymous person is not necessarily accountable.

In order to get my coin back, I have to contact my security issuers? What if I can't remember them all? Why do I feel this is a bad way of going forward.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
October 06, 2012, 04:22:29 PM
All this talk about GLBSE being illegal is nonsense. All that happened was the exchange of bitcoins, someone said its because its unregulated securities where a security is anything of value.

You should learn to read; what was said was that unregistered securities were traded for something of value (in casu, bitcoin). And that is enough to make it illegal, these securities dont have to be traded for fiat like you claimed, nor do they have to be denominated in fiat.

edit: for those that missed it:

The term ‘‘security’’ means any note, stock, treasury
stock, security future, security-based swap, bond, debenture,
evidence of indebtedness, certificate of interest or participation
in any profit-sharing agreement, collateral-trust certificate,
preorganization certificate or subscription, transferable share,
investment contract, voting-trust certificate, certificate of de-
posit for a security, fractional undivided interest in oil, gas, or
other mineral rights, any put, call, straddle, option, or privilege
on any security, certificate of deposit, or group or index of secu-
rities (including any interest therein or based on the value
thereof), or any put, call, straddle, option, or privilege entered
into on a national securities exchange relating to foreign cur-
rency, or, in general, any interest or instrument commonly
known as a ‘‘security’’, or any certificate of interest or partici-
pation in, temporary or interim certificate for, receipt for, guar-
antee of, or warrant or right to subscribe to or purchase, any
of the foregoing.

The term ‘‘sale’’ or ‘‘sell’’ shall include every contract of
sale or disposition of a security or interest in a security, for
value
. The term ‘‘offer to sell’’, ‘‘offer for sale’’, or ‘‘offer’’ shall
include every attempt or offer to dispose of, or solicitation of
an offer to buy, a security or interest in a security, for value.

http://www.sec.gov/about/laws/sa33.pdf
legendary
October 06, 2012, 04:20:41 PM
Did this just get added to GBLSE?

We will begin retuning bitcoin once we have recieved all coins from the GLBSE treasurer that manages the GLBSE cash reserves. BitcoinGlobal (GLBSE's partent company) shareholders and board voted for them to be returned immediately, we are awaiting compliance with this order.

Im confused, didnt theymos say they want to agree to this too?

This was there when the statement was first posted.

Nef is using strong words to try and get Theymos to give him these monies, which are really our monies.

IMO, any monies he sends to Nef we can all kiss goodbye.

I want for Theymos to step up, and agree to manage the dispersal of customer funds.  He has shown himself to be far more forthright than mr. Nef, and is treasurer after all.  Giving over the treasury funds to Nef now after all that has happened is highly unlikely to result in a happy ending for us users IMO.

Theymos, I understand that your position sucks, and you just want out of it, like you did even before this whole situation exploded.  Unfortunately, you're our only hope, and the funds that you hold are valuable leverage.

Please do not give our monies over to Nefario!  Instead, demand a copy of the user database, and manage the dispersals yourself, as a proper Treasurer should.

No GLBSE coins not users coins.  He hasn't touched a single satoshi of users monies.  He hasn't even paid a penny in legal fees yet.  It's only fair that GLBSE (profit) coins should used to solve GLBSE legal problems.  Nafario as already lost the way he made his living.  Expecting him to cover GLBSE legal fees personally to benefit the other shareholders or else a scammer tag deserves a scammer tag.
Activity: 699
Your Minion
October 06, 2012, 04:20:02 PM

You became involved with an illegal activity as soon as you deposited. You got in the dirt. Not your fault for what has occurred but it's the law intervening that is at fault. Not being diligent enough to know the risk involved was yours however.

I'm not here to cast blame on anyone other than the law. Just pointing out where one's responsibility ends and where another's begins.

Where are these laws? Bitcoins has no laws, and no fiat currency was used in GLBSE.

How where the bitcoins obtained? Through purchase with fiat sometimes?

All this talk about GLBSE being illegal is nonsense. All that happened was the exchange of bitcoins, someone said its because its unregulated securities where a security is anything of value. Well if thats the case then every transaction of bitcoins is also an illegal transaction of a security, so watch out what your so quick to measure out, all those who consider themselves oh so pure.

If government wants to call it illegal then it has to first define bitcoins as a species of money or come out with an offical stance, otherwise its no different to saying you cant trade within a game.

I'm not the law I don't know if it is or not. Grey area none the less. Maybe what we all are about find out. I would hardly consider myself pure.

The government will do as they want and iron the details out as to why later. I don't believe anyone other than Nefario knows what is going on. Could be another scam 100% with no government involvement yet. Working with what we know now government involvement seems most likely to myself at the moment could easily be wrong.
Activity: 462
October 06, 2012, 04:15:32 PM
http://youtu.be/vmPD_YSQ--k

in London last month nefario talked about backups
so who will run the restored server? url please?
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
October 06, 2012, 04:01:32 PM

Pages:
Jump to: