Pages:
Author

Topic: NEM's leader utopianfuture RETIRED after mistake posting w. sockpuppet acc[SCAM] - page 2. (Read 11022 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 506
All UF did was spam sockpuppets to promote NEM back in January.  UF only kept 1 sock for a second stake, which is legal if it's for someone else.  Taint analysis removed hundreds of sockpuppet stakes.

BCnext and Satoshi had conversations with themselves, in the beginning, to drum up popularity.  Seems fitting UF would name his sock "ghosthouse".  UtopianFuture, Satoshi and BCnext may as well be the same person.

NEM never had an IPO.  It was a call for participation where most people paid $5 to $40 and it has a very fair distribution, unlike NxT's IPO whales and all the other $hitcoins out there.

UF resigning had no impact on the price of NEM, historic low was 17K and it's currently above 20.

The people who think UF committed murder are all NxTers who fear NEM.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
LOL, you people are even responding to come from above and shroomsky's posts? haha, those 2 are some of the biggest idiots of this forum, and their intentions are very clear.

Utopian did a mistake and he stepped off. (although mistakes are not even that big)

NEM is 2nd best crypto 2.0 that will happen to cryptocurrency in foreseeable future. (and no, NXT is not the first one, its 4th-5th).

So no fears, this accident will go away soon, what matters is technology and community.
Activity: 797
Merit: 251
Thanks for explanations, as i declared, the theory seems to be wrong. And yeah, litecoin is a good thing to be shot down, too valuable for so low innovations and merits, if NXT gets LTC and NEM will settle up the third place everyone will be satisfied  Smiley Smiley
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
Its a conspiracy if it would true then NEM starts to be a serious rival of NXT while NXT trust of initial stakeholders is holding still most of NXT coins. So some of them may behave hostile to NEM because NEM has a big potential to threaten the NXT. And the most hated should logically be the founder of NEM project. They were waiting while people started buying stakes because it made NXT price growing. Now people are almost cashing out NXTs. This is not my theory, this is a theory of my job collegue but it seems to be working. So now has come the best time to start a tongue-offensive.

EDIT: IT seems that CfA explained the situation in many other threads. These ideas seem to be wrong also.

How the hell could NXT set up NEM's 'leader' to be revealed in this way?
You are really heading into black helicopter world with that one.
In case you hadn't noticed, btw, nearly every single NEM stakeholder with an active BTT account is also a NXT'er.
NXT is at #3 right now, we want Litecoin, not NEM.
Personally, I liked NEM, as did the majority of NXT'ers, and I was looking forwrd to seeing how the NEM project worked out.

I hope that you guys can come up with a rescue plan, and I repeat: first get some hard info about exactly how many stakes UP reserved for himself, then figure out how to remove those tainted stakes. Until you can do that in an open way....no-one is going to trust NEM.   
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Some devs take 20% of their shares, there is no scandal if they specify at the beginning
The problem is
Nem devs have not announced they were taking X amount of stake
They tried to be fair and then to ninja sock puppet like a lot of people here
This is idiot
Anyway i'm not surprised
IPO system is safer
Activity: 382
Merit: 250
Iota and JINN
Hi NEM community!

As I understand-this is new address of NEM thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nem-official-non-moderated-thread-updates-discussion-650274

Cheers

P.S I joined NEM about it's beggining, and i saw UP is working hard for NEM.

no matter what, i really think that UP contributes a lot to NEM.

without his work, NEW cant get this far !

so, guys, calm down, dont panic and dont spread panic.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Its a conspiracy if it would true then NEM starts to be a serious rival of NXT while NXT trust of initial stakeholders is holding still most of NXT coins. So some of them may behave hostile to NEM because NEM has a big potential to threaten the NXT. And the most hated should logically be the founder of NEM project. They were waiting while people started buying stakes because it made NXT price growing. Now people are almost cashing out NXTs. This is not my theory, this is a theory of my job collegue but it seems to be working. So now has come the best time to start a tongue-offensive.

EDIT: IT seems that CfA explained the situation in many other threads. These ideas seem to be wrong also.

You do realize that UP, Jaguar, BloodyRookie, gimre all had some involvement with Nxt and most Nxt users knew about Nem project immediately and are stakeholders?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-nxt-bounty-for-working-javascript-code-that-signs-and-verifies-signatures-404321

Plus it's on Nxt AE so some Nxt whales bought even more stakes (some of them have over 10 stakes now).

There is absolutely no interest for them to see Nem fail as that would mean losing potential profits.

Nxt early stakeholders already made hundreds of thousands (if not millions). You gain absolutely nothing by showing jealousy towards them because that game is over.  They made their money already.
Activity: 378
Step into a world!! A P2P world!
Where is the official nem thread??

Activity: 378
Step into a world!! A P2P world!
Sell NEM stakes??  Embarrassed
SELL NEM STAKES!!!!!!  Angry

This is a little girl thought....

My stake gonna be claimd just at the right momment.

Who wants to sell... fell free to do so.

This is the momment we have to be togheter. All people who coudnt buy a stake will attack now.

If one person can put NEM to ashes... this coin will never be 2015's best coin.

Activity: 798
Its a conspiracy if it would true then NEM starts to be a serious rival of NXT while NXT trust of initial stakeholders is holding still most of NXT coins. So they behave hostile to NEM because NEM has a big potential to hoove their NXTs. And the most hated should logically be the founder of NEM project. They were waiting while people started buying stakes because it made NXT price growing. Now people are almost cashing out NXTs. This is not my theory, this is a theory of my job collegue but it seems to be working. So now has come the best time to start a tongue-offensive.

hvezdasmrti, you obviously don't follow the NXT community much. Wink Please come over to the NXT forums and you will see that most people have nothing against NEM. Neither have I heard that NEM's core team has anything against Nxt in particular.

NEM can not be a rival to Nxt at this point at all (as NXT is established after 7 months of great development and $76M market cap). NEM's alpha is not even launched and its stakes are traded solely on Nxt AE, please don't forget this.

legendary
Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018
Ok guys. looks like i got it wrong then. sry cfb
Activity: 476
I think come-from-above is a founder member of NXT called come-from-beyond which explains his 100+ bashing posts. I could be wrong but ..
Hi dudes.

Come-from-Above MIA

Pardon?

Come-from-Behind
Come-from-Beyond
Come-from-Below
Come-from-Above

Come from Beyond is a great guy and i dont expect anything like this from him, im sure he is not using this socketpuppet account. He also supports NEM  Wink
Activity: 798
I think come-from-above is a founder member of NXT called come-from-beyond which explains his 100+ bashing posts. I could be wrong but ..

fragout, I can say with certainty that Come-from-Above is not CfB. It is not his style at all.

CfB never expressed anything negative toward NEM. Also see one of his latest tweets: https://twitter.com/comefrombeyond/status/477172691108397056

Quote from: Come-from-Beyond
"leader doesn't matter, community does. #Nxt proved this, #NEM will prove it again."
legendary
Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

come-from-above is not on the stakeholders list, but he says he is a stakeholder and come-from-beyond is on the list.

Also from an early come-from-above post ....
Hi dudes.

Come-from-Above MIA

Pardon?

Come-from-Behind
Come-from-Beyond
Come-from-Below
Come-from-Above
Activity: 382
Iota and JINN
Many interesting comments have been sent during the last night. Few thoughts based on those.

utopianfuture's deed was not so dirty as some famous persons' in real life. And those people didn't resign. By resigning utopianfuture increased the level of trust to the NEM community.

There will be newcomers to NEM and they may ask, can NEM be trusted.
The current NEM-haters will say "NO". Then the question is how the current NEM-supporters can assure the newcomers?
Is it enough to have utopianfuture's explanation and core team's comments? No. There is needed the working servers and clients. When the NEM coin is running, everybody understand that utopianfuture's deed was just a human mistake and it didn't affect to NEM.

Also then can be evaluated Come-f-a's accusations, which already have been raising to astronomical yards  Grin  and his real identity, which he keeps advertising and hinting with certain writing styles and by saying he has been in the NEM project. Has been in the NEM project and now tries to destroy it? I'd think twice when hiring such a guy in my projects.

Absolutely agree.
Activity: 426
Merit: 10
Many interesting comments have been sent during the last night. Few thoughts based on those.

utopianfuture's deed was not so dirty as some famous persons' in real life. And those people didn't resign. By resigning utopianfuture increased the level of trust to the NEM community.

There will be newcomers to NEM and they may ask, can NEM be trusted.
The current NEM-haters will say "NO". Then the question is how the current NEM-supporters can assure the newcomers?
Is it enough to have utopianfuture's explanation and core team's comments? No. There is needed the working servers and clients. When the NEM coin is running, everybody understand that utopianfuture's deed was just a human mistake and it didn't affect to NEM.

Also then can be evaluated Come-f-a's accusations, which already have been raising to astronomical yards  Grin  and his real identity, which he keeps advertising and hinting with certain writing styles and by saying he has been in the NEM project. Has been in the NEM project and now tries to destroy it? I'd think twice when hiring such a guy in my projects.
Its ridiculous how much people now care about sockpuppets. Even if every 2nd stake would be a sockpuppet, its still excellent distribution. And now the sockpuppet... Even the sockpuppet did take some initial risk and investment. Most IPO failed at bitcointalk with 0 return. Why do you not complain about sockpuppets investing in any of these failed IPO? I dont agree with some things fully however everybody with IQ over 60 must have realized that its IMPOSSIBLE to prevent someone with few accounts made in right time to buy some stakes. There are some rules of game and it depends on people here how they will play. Every game has it gaps and weakspots and you can be a bugger and abuse it if you are "smarter" than the rules. But... its not about NEM or another project, its all about human being. People are naturally greedy.
There is a way how to prevent it - but it wont never fully work. Send personal ID with registration? Hmm you can copy many IDs of your neighbors. Everything may be bypassed.

I think its absolutelly correct that the guy retired, this is adequate reaction. He failed, so he retired. Thing solved. The rest is only about things which are inpreventable and normal in every project. Everywhere are people with informations having them earlier than the others. And knowing how to behave. EVERYWHERE. NEM is humans project not project of entities better than humans and better behaving than humans.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
win
If some/many of you guys got a few nemstakes with sockpuppet accounts, why can't he get a few nemstakes? You don't really believe you're better than him, do you? Cheesy

I believe I'm better than him and I have some sock puppet accounts. I just never believe the egalitarian junk.
Pages:
Jump to: