Pages:
Author

Topic: Neo & Bee talk (spam free thread) - page 63. (Read 261780 times)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100
March 26, 2014, 06:44:21 AM
This thread is a little more civilised, so I'll ask the following questions:

1. Why will Neo not confirm if it has any actual products or customers (the website suggests otherwise)?
2. Why will it not confirm and validate it's finances?
3. Why given the extreme criticism in the other thread and suggestions that it's CEO has fled the country, is no-one stepping in from the firm to deny or disprove it.

The first two questions have been unanswered for some time, but the last issue which is new and seems initially outrageous must be addressed.

3. Danny had to deny a range of stupid troll accusations in this thread the other week, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5710145 ..... What would we rather Neo & Bee do, deny every troll accusation....or concentrate on the business?
Activity: 140
March 26, 2014, 06:41:27 AM

1. Why will Neo not confirm if it has any actual products or customers (the website suggests otherwise)?
3. Why given the extreme criticism in the other thread and suggestions that it's CEO has fled the country, is no-one stepping in from the firm to deny or disprove it.

The first two questions have been unanswered for some time, but the last issue which is new and seems initially outrageous must be addressed.

why not call neo & bee office and learn for your self if they left Cyprus. They are really helpful
+357 22020044

Thanks for the info thekekk. That's on SigmaTV right?

yes, live link for tonight
http://www.sigmatv.com/
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
March 26, 2014, 06:24:57 AM

why not call neo & bee office and learn for your self if they left Cyprus. They are really helpful
+357 22020044

Thanks for the info thekekk. That's on SigmaTV right?
Activity: 210
Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968
March 26, 2014, 06:23:03 AM

I agree with all your comments and questions.

Re: Q2  -- I don't think they are under obligation to do so.  Such is the current BTC environment.
Re: Q3  -- Outrageous is a good adjective.  The fact George gave the talk above a couple of days back suggests the company is still solvent.  I imagine the truth is probably that Danny is either having a holiday or has had some personal issues (brought on by the intense scrutiny of the trolls here?) --- he has put a lot into this project and I imagine it has taken its toll.  I also think he is over this place.  But I would like to see the rumours quashed categorically and the other thread closed.
March 26, 2014, 06:19:28 AM

+357 22020044
March 26, 2014, 06:12:50 AM
Tonight at Cyprus 60 minutes (20:10 GMT) Bitcoin will be discussed. Neo representatives will be there
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
March 26, 2014, 06:02:58 AM

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
March 26, 2014, 05:50:02 AM
I dunno if this was posted recently, but:
"Our announcement in relation to the discussion about #Bitcoin in the Parliament Of #Cyprus: https://www.dropbox.com/s/embfr1m0o60aqcc/Announcement%20En.pdf"
Found here: https://twitter.com/NeoandBee
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
March 26, 2014, 12:22:29 AM
Me too. Whoever regulate this thread will have hard work. It was becoming too much trolling and really annoyed to read all that on the other thread
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
March 26, 2014, 12:08:18 AM
happy to see this thread pop up Smiley
Activity: 210
Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968
March 25, 2014, 08:38:40 PM
This was recently uploaded March 24th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROPq4wK68rA&feature=youtu.be

Published on Mar 24, 2014

Remarks by D. Andreou, Ph.D., Vice President of Administration
and Enrollment
Mr. G. Papageorgiou, Chief Business Developer, Neo and Bee Ltd.
"Bitcoin and Neo: from FEEdom to Freedom"

Business Week 2014, is an annual forum organized by the Academic Societies of the School of Business of the American College of Greece (ACG). The event, which will take place on 17-20 March 2014 in the ACG campus, aims to bring together ACG business students, faculty and alumni with distinguished industry professionals and academics from different fields of business. For a number of years this high-profile event has enjoyed excellent participation and media coverage, and has succeeded in fostering the sharing of knowledge, ideas and best practices between business and academia.

Commenting to subscribe....nice one Herp.

I wish someone would close the other thread. 
Activity: 294
March 25, 2014, 06:31:04 PM
This was recently uploaded March 24th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROPq4wK68rA&feature=youtu.be

Published on Mar 24, 2014

Remarks by D. Andreou, Ph.D., Vice President of Administration
and Enrollment
Mr. G. Papageorgiou, Chief Business Developer, Neo and Bee Ltd.
"Bitcoin and Neo: from FEEdom to Freedom"

Business Week 2014, is an annual forum organized by the Academic Societies of the School of Business of the American College of Greece (ACG). The event, which will take place on 17-20 March 2014 in the ACG campus, aims to bring together ACG business students, faculty and alumni with distinguished industry professionals and academics from different fields of business. For a number of years this high-profile event has enjoyed excellent participation and media coverage, and has succeeded in fostering the sharing of knowledge, ideas and best practices between business and academia.
Activity: 294
March 25, 2014, 04:09:55 PM
Basically means that savings on avoiding credit card fees is now replaced with BTC reporting costs. Also, reporting costs and taxes for spenders are now absurd and largely prohibitive. Its great news for Neo, esp. with regards to the UK tax treatment, but for BitPay and Coinbase, its brutal.

Yes, this is certainly great news for UK based businesses. US pain is our gain in this case. Neo is in great position to bring about UK regulatory framework to Cyprus.

Cyprus will most likely try and emulate what UK did to stay competitive as world financial center.

In US the main concern is Bitcoin undermining the US$ and that has big repercussions across the whole US crypto space. Maintaining the US$ as world reserve currency is not so much a concern in the UK (which used to have the world reserve currency) or Cyprus.
Activity: 298
March 25, 2014, 04:06:10 PM

Savings on credit card fees were always swamped by the costs (and risks) of actually converting money into/out of fiat anyway. It's the 'great bitcoin marketing false hope' that there is any large volume of people using bitcoin for real transactions who start in Fiat. Most Bitcoin transactions are gambling, speculation/investment or purchases of electronics/internet services made by people who already have Bitcoins, either through earlier cheap purchases or by mining and are happy to spend them.

Bitcoin offers theoretical substantial savings only in terms of transfers between countries where the fees are very high. Any economic argument based on saving 1-2% of credit card fees in developed countries is flawed, since it's eaten up elsewhere in the process.

Sorry - going way off topic here.
Activity: 8
March 25, 2014, 03:53:35 PM
Basically means that savings on avoiding credit card fees is now replaced with BTC reporting costs. Also, reporting costs and taxes for spenders are now absurd and largely prohibitive. Its great news for Neo, esp. with regards to the UK tax treatment, but for BitPay and Coinbase, its brutal.
Activity: 156
March 25, 2014, 03:50:27 PM
+ 1 for setting this up
Activity: 2
March 25, 2014, 03:48:17 PM

I really appreciate what Herp and MikeMikeMike and PeterHarrisonCY and all the other quality posters are doing as we try to separate fact from fiction in the Neo & Bee story.

I think the premise of the company is still very interesting--i.e. running the bitcoin experiment in a country, Cyprus, that is uniquely qualified to take advantage of BTC.

Having said that, Neo & Bee and Danny have done a shit job of communicating to anyone who isn't living on the island of Cyprus.

Here's what I propose:

1) that this group take the latest prospectus and post it to this site below where we can ALL annotate the prospectus with our questions.

2) This is the site we can annotate the prospectus with: http://news.rapgenius.com/new

I'm getting on a plane in 5 minutes and will be airborne for the next 9 hours. I'm hoping someone on this board will take the ball and run with it..

3) Here's the link to the newest prospectus: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1khGADbJeu0efCNZ13lnz8BucG7PfS5Cl9lBZ1sncY-4/edit

4) Take these already excellent questions from forum members and add them to the annotation we want to do to the new prospectus...

* I'd like to know more about the role of parliament and N&B's influence in setting up this framework.

* What services need more parliamentary involvement (ie Neo Exchange?) and how open-minded/responsive parliament is to each individual service?

* Will the first quarter report due in a couple of days include financial projections?

* How many new N&B accounts have been set up since the grand opening?

* How are they going to make money?

* It appears that they are starting too many initiatives, which threatens to swamp the boat of the entire enterprise. Why are they starting so many projects at once? Neo & Bee appears to need to focus on its core business.

We can annotate the entire prospectus with ALL of these questions and more.

I, for one, think that the best use of this group's collective intelligence would be to do this.

Any takers?

Activity: 2
March 25, 2014, 03:31:13 PM
You mean because the IRS has just made it impossible for U.S. merchants to process bitcoin without taking massive profit hit?

Activity: 8
March 25, 2014, 03:13:19 PM
And there goes merchant processing in the US...damn idiots.
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
March 25, 2014, 01:44:39 PM
@NanoAkron, @ex-trader: There is watch link below right and and a watchlist link above left. Feel free to use those. A watched thread will be in the watchlist only if there are new replies.
Pages:
Jump to: