Pages:
Author

Topic: NEW BAIKAL MINER BK-G28 released. - page 2. (Read 30074 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 2
Coinsbit.io
May 03, 2019, 03:11:21 AM
The miners are mining coins for getting some profits and there have so many small miners whose are trying to get some profits from mining and if they use this one then there have no chance to get much profits.
I think small miners will disappear soon. Already today, competing with large mining farms is almost impossible. And in the near future it will simply become impossible.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
May 03, 2019, 01:28:50 AM
Hi,
would be there anyone interested to try party mining with Baikals at zergpool? I just created test party, you are welcome to join :-)

URL: stratum+tcp://myr-gr.mine.zergpool.com:5433
User: YourBTCaddress.yourID (e.g. 1MwrhAaGcvd5n5AFWRMqAf353b95FBXR7j.partyminer1)
pass: c=BTC,mc=DGB,m=party.Wooveth6suux6Eib

Should have all benefits of solo mining, but with joined power of all participants - so probably more profitable as PPLNS

Tomas
Activity: 333
Merit: 1
Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain
April 27, 2019, 09:58:38 AM
I just contacted Baikal on Skype and the price is 1299 USD for at least 100pcs , really bad for small miners !!!
The miners are mining coins for getting some profits and there have so many small miners whose are trying to get some profits from mining and if they use this one then there have no chance to get much profits.
Activity: 434
Merit: 2
Coinsbit.io
April 27, 2019, 07:07:39 AM
It is too expensive. I do not know where the guys met Baikal for 720 dollars, as I saw the offer for 1200 USD and more. Probably, these were used miners. However, they say, you can get +20 USD profits with it monthly.
I'm not sure that now it makes sense to buy this equipment now. Profitability is extremely low. If the market recovers, it will make sense, but for now there is definitely no.
Activity: 882
Merit: 250
April 27, 2019, 06:43:37 AM
So, how was that order from cryptominerbros? I'm thinking of buying from them too, but would love to hear how it went for you.
Are you sure that you want to buy this? the price is hight and the ROI is impossibile... there are other miners.......

It is too expensive. I do not know where the guys met Baikal for 720 dollars, as I saw the offer for 1200 USD and more. Probably, these were used miners. However, they say, you can get +20 USD profits with it monthly.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 100
April 25, 2019, 08:01:55 AM
As mentioned by one friend that its price is price is 1299 USD (too high) specially for small miner now the main issue is how much profit we can get it if we use it as miner.
Activity: 337
Merit: 283
April 25, 2019, 03:41:08 AM
Only one information.... but the the announcement  " more algorithms will be added later" on your page is a joke or is really?
You are using this new algo for you?
Is the same thing of baikal X10... more algorithms.... more ... more.... only two.....
Seriously... you have fantastic hardware product, the noise is accettable, the power cosuption is excellent.....
but the customer care is not good....
Activity: 337
Merit: 283
April 07, 2019, 03:43:18 AM
So, how was that order from cryptominerbros? I'm thinking of buying from them too, but would love to hear how it went for you.
Are you sure that you want to buy this? the price is hight and the ROI is impossibile... there are other miners.......
Activity: 29
Merit: 5
April 07, 2019, 03:39:12 AM
Activity: 8
February 21, 2019, 07:22:07 PM
This forum is dead as mining with G18  Sad
Activity: 85
Merit: 6
January 31, 2019, 06:53:22 PM
selling 3 units 750usd each shipped
I'll take one. PM sent.
Activity: 2
January 28, 2019, 02:39:15 PM
Definitely a difficulty bug in the mining software preventing full hashrate pool side. I removed the stale shares option under the miner config area and now my dscc %'s sitting at 98.62 / 99.61 / 97.94 (Qubit / Skein / Myr-groestl).

Poolside still averaging around 25-26 Gh.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
January 27, 2019, 10:35:29 PM
selling 3 units 750usd each shipped
Activity: 236
Merit: 16
January 25, 2019, 09:18:18 PM
Most of the algorithms are fairly low power output, so you can turn the fan speed down in the web interface. Only X11 uses the max power draw (1.3kW), Quark and Qubit use about 800W each and cause moderate heat output, the remaining algorithms are around 400W and will be stable with low fan speed.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
January 25, 2019, 09:34:10 AM
Are these units extremely loud?  Picked one up and it's reading 90db and sounds like someone screaming!  I thought the S9's were loud but this thing is not something I want to keep in the house!!
legendary
January 22, 2019, 10:50:12 PM
selling 3 $800usd each including shipping
Activity: 68
Merit: 6
January 22, 2019, 10:38:03 PM
Vosk, what are the symptoms of the crash - does the miner lock up entirely, or does it just stop hashing (either on one board or all) ?
anyone have their g28 crash on groestl?

I have 15 G-28 and they randomly crash all the time. I cannot spend a day without having to manually unpower and power back at LEAST 6 unit as they do not cycle themselve upon a crash.

http://prntscr.com/llk8fi
http://prntscr.com/llk8ru
http://prntscr.com/llk90p

Baikal skype support has no idea what's up.

Oh, as some other said, got multiple board that were not in the right slot and bent. 1 unit wouldn't power up at all because one of the board was missing a capacitance and now only run with 6 instead of 7 board.

Seriously, never again will I purchase from Baikal unless they do something about this.

Has anyone found a fix for this? Two of my three G-28's crash atleast everyday while one of them seem to be able to go for a week or so. I am forced to power cycle them to get them to hash again, but about 50% of the time of when power cycling them they fail to boot up correctly and will not hash. This forces me to power cycle each machine sometimes multiple times in a row.

My solution to this was to put them on a switched PDU and/or smart outlets on a schedule to cycle every few hours; however half of the scheduled resets result in a non-hashing machine until the next scheduled reset (which is every 2-4 hours currently, I will have to adjust for more frequent resets however it seems they will still only correctly cycle about half the time.)

At this rate; since about 50% of my power cycles result in a non-functioning machine, the BK-G28's are effectively only hashing 50% of the time. This is catastrophic.

Anyone else with similar experiences?

do you found a fix for this?
one of my two G-28's crash atleast everyday like yours, I am always forced to power cycle them to get them to hash again.
but last days, it crash 2 or 3 times a day
Mine are getting worse as well; it used to be once every day or two but now it's multiple times a day and takes 2-10 power cycles to get it to hash again (and will crash within minutes/hours). One of the units crashed a week or so ago and shows up on the network/gets assigned an IP but doesn't respond/let me on the dashboard.

Up-time and therefore ROI is severely and detrimentally affected if i'm not there to babysit the machines. I swapped the control boards and hash-boards between two machines and saw no change so it may be a software issue?

One of the three machines from an earlier batch doesn't crash nearly as often; so also maybe points to an issue in the second batch?
Activity: 70
Merit: 3
January 21, 2019, 09:35:21 AM
Vosk, what are the symptoms of the crash - does the miner lock up entirely, or does it just stop hashing (either on one board or all) ?
anyone have their g28 crash on groestl?

I have 15 G-28 and they randomly crash all the time. I cannot spend a day without having to manually unpower and power back at LEAST 6 unit as they do not cycle themselve upon a crash.

http://prntscr.com/llk8fi
http://prntscr.com/llk8ru
http://prntscr.com/llk90p

Baikal skype support has no idea what's up.

Oh, as some other said, got multiple board that were not in the right slot and bent. 1 unit wouldn't power up at all because one of the board was missing a capacitance and now only run with 6 instead of 7 board.

Seriously, never again will I purchase from Baikal unless they do something about this.

Has anyone found a fix for this? Two of my three G-28's crash atleast everyday while one of them seem to be able to go for a week or so. I am forced to power cycle them to get them to hash again, but about 50% of the time of when power cycling them they fail to boot up correctly and will not hash. This forces me to power cycle each machine sometimes multiple times in a row.

My solution to this was to put them on a switched PDU and/or smart outlets on a schedule to cycle every few hours; however half of the scheduled resets result in a non-hashing machine until the next scheduled reset (which is every 2-4 hours currently, I will have to adjust for more frequent resets however it seems they will still only correctly cycle about half the time.)

At this rate; since about 50% of my power cycles result in a non-functioning machine, the BK-G28's are effectively only hashing 50% of the time. This is catastrophic.

Anyone else with similar experiences?

do you found a fix for this?
one of my two G-28's crash atleast everyday like yours, I am always forced to power cycle them to get them to hash again.
but last days, it crash 2 or 3 times a day
legendary
January 18, 2019, 05:34:12 AM
The Baikals look really good, especially when you adjust for everything (hashrate and diff needs to be further investigated), but they do multiple algos, apparently, they can operate in high temperatures like 40 degrees Celsius (if you can keep it down at least 10 degrees, all the better), and with high costs of electricity at roughly 33c per kWh in New South Wales Australia, these look viable so far.  They make a small profit of maybe $5/day on the new expensive ones after electricity costs, if you trust sites like https://www.asicminervalue.com/

Same goes for the Innosilion ETH Master models, these are apparently very well suited for Australian conditions, which are terrible for ASIC miners.  Hot and expensive to run.

But who knows really, for sure.  The Bitmains, and all other SHA256's for BTC and others with the same PoW are being offloaded cheaply. I wonder why.  Efficient yes, cheap yes (by comparison, buy a few!), but while the price of BTC has been going steadily down or wobbling a bit each day, the difficulty is going way up.  Which makes them unattractive for small time mining operations.  With the heat and electricity costs in a typical Aussie house, if you can stand the extra heat from the devices and noise, the electricity bill is going to outweigh earnings very soon.  Assuming that difficulty rise will kick in and start to cause a bit more pain.

No wonder I can't find the profitable miners anywhere, at all, being flogged on eBay or in stock at mining specialty shops, even those that profit with big electricity costs and can operate in the heat over Summer.  They've all been gobbled up perhaps.  Can't even find second hand cheapies to get a start with.

Even very cheap ones, probably a waste of time and money with all the pumps and dumps already done.  Keep an eye on the new alt-coins, grab as many as you can, profit later?  Maybe the obsolete hardware could be put to good use?  I don't know.

selling these for 850usd each
copper member
Activity: 115
Merit: 4
January 18, 2019, 02:34:11 AM
The Baikals look really good, especially when you adjust for everything (hashrate and diff needs to be further investigated), but they do multiple algos, apparently, they can operate in high temperatures like 40 degrees Celsius (if you can keep it down at least 10 degrees, all the better), and with high costs of electricity at roughly 33c per kWh in New South Wales Australia, these look viable so far.  They make a small profit of maybe $5/day on the new expensive ones after electricity costs, if you trust sites like https://www.asicminervalue.com/

Same goes for the Innosilion ETH Master models, these are apparently very well suited for Australian conditions, which are terrible for ASIC miners.  Hot and expensive to run.

But who knows really, for sure.  The Bitmains, and all other SHA256's for BTC and others with the same PoW are being offloaded cheaply. I wonder why.  Efficient yes, cheap yes (by comparison, buy a few!), but while the price of BTC has been going steadily down or wobbling a bit each day, the difficulty is going way up.  Which makes them unattractive for small time mining operations.  With the heat and electricity costs in a typical Aussie house, if you can stand the extra heat from the devices and noise, the electricity bill is going to outweigh earnings very soon.  Assuming that difficulty rise will kick in and start to cause a bit more pain.

No wonder I can't find the profitable miners anywhere, at all, being flogged on eBay or in stock at mining specialty shops, even those that profit with big electricity costs and can operate in the heat over Summer.  They've all been gobbled up perhaps.  Can't even find second hand cheapies to get a start with.

Even very cheap ones, probably a waste of time and money with all the pumps and dumps already done.  Keep an eye on the new alt-coins, grab as many as you can, profit later?  Maybe the obsolete hardware could be put to good use?  I don't know.
Pages:
Jump to: