Pages:
Author

Topic: NEW BAIKAL MINER BK-G28 released. - page 8. (Read 30074 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
October 30, 2018, 03:52:59 PM
I'm not going to buy any of these machines- numbers aren't that impressive, and profitability at this moment isn't exactly conducive for this thing to break even, much less make you profit within a year. As others have said, the profitability at this point in time seems pretty high, but difficulty corrections once everyone gets their hands on these miners will drop profitability down quite a bit.

I have inquired via Baikal
http://www.baikalminer.com via Contact customer service:
[email protected] on 28 October.

They have updated me for the delivery after 10 days. So then i researched on asicminervalue.com where i found this company called Miner Bros Limited shipping within 48 hrs . I am sharing the url for people looking for single peaces like me. https://www.cryptominerbros.com/product/baikal-miner-bk-g28-multi-algorithm-miner

So now i have purchased the product with cryptominerbros, I will keep you posted once i get delivery on the product in Wahsington USA.
Everyone's going to get the miner at the same time, including retailers, and it just doesn't add up that this new miner selling site happens to have these units in stock. Additionally, they only accept non-reversible payment methods (bank transfer or crypto), so you have no chance of getting your money back if this site just takes your money, and there's already a thread against the site here. The account that made this post is also brand-new, so there's a high chance that this account was made for the sole purpose of promoting this most likely scam site.
Activity: 529
Merit: 29
October 30, 2018, 03:36:31 PM
Definitely a huge gamble. Probably not the most effective use of your money. Purchasing and holding coin would be better. You still need to pay for PSU, power cable, shipping, and customs fees with this unit.

Not even a gamble, it’s literally money down the drain.
Activity: 21
Merit: 1
October 30, 2018, 11:55:05 AM
Definitely a huge gamble. Probably not the most effective use of your money. Purchasing and holding coin would be better. You still need to pay for PSU, power cable, shipping, and customs fees with this unit.
Activity: 689
Merit: 253
October 30, 2018, 09:51:52 AM
Anybody buy any of these? I was considering buying one or two

Seems not likely to make a ton of money, but maybe hit close to ROI but a long time
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
October 30, 2018, 08:13:36 AM
150 G28 equal the network hashrate of Groestl. So you can do the math.

Actually I'm new to the mining, so I don't know how to do the maths Smiley But anyhow I would be glad if someone could tell me how to calculate it  Grin

But I understand that this machine will not be that profitable

If 150 G28s equal the Groestl network, then:

If Baikal sells only 150 then you may make $25 per day, assuming all GPUs are kicked off.
If Baikal sells 300, then $12.5 per day
600 = $6.25 per day
1200 = $3.125 per day and so on.

And finally, Baikal will sell thousands of these, and hence you will be lucky to make a $1.
you are right to some extent, but not exactly right in this case.
Groestl profit will slide rapidly with the network difficult climbing up to a position which should be roughly 8 USD right now produced by quibt. and then if baikal keep producing machine, profit will continue reducing but at a much slower pace because at that time other algorithms will join in to share this difficult. so they slide down together happily.
evaluate your investment with quibt profit, for now, looks more workable.

legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
October 30, 2018, 07:46:49 AM
...Unless you can get a screaming deal on a GPU or something, I think you would be hard pressed to find anything for sale that will pay itself off in under 6 months, even with free electricity.

Yes it seems like all the miner manufacturers these days price for about a year of mining to make your original investment back.  But a lot can happen in a year: more efficient miners released for the same algorithm, your miner breaks long before the year is up, coin prices crash, etc...  Doesn't seem worth buying anything anymore.
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
October 30, 2018, 01:30:23 AM
Actually I'm new to the mining, so I don't know how to do the maths Smiley But anyhow I would be glad if someone could tell me how to calculate it  Grin

If you are new to mining, the big question is, how much do you pay for electricity?  Grin

To be honest, that is really only a question you ask yourself if you already have a bunch of hardware.  Unless you can get a screaming deal on a GPU or something, I think you would be hard pressed to find anything for sale that will pay itself off in under 6 months, even with free electricity.
Activity: 306
Merit: 7
October 29, 2018, 10:04:53 PM

If you are new to mining, the big question is, how much do you pay for electricity?  Grin
Activity: 529
Merit: 29
October 29, 2018, 08:35:41 PM

If 150 G28s equal the Groestl network, then:

If Baikal sells only 150 then you may make $25 per day, assuming all GPUs are kicked off.
If Baikal sells 300, then $12.5 per day
600 = $6.25 per day
1200 = $3.125 per day and so on.

And finally, Baikal will sell thousands of these, and hence you will be lucky to make a $1.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
October 29, 2018, 07:09:23 PM

Activity: 489
Merit: 253
October 29, 2018, 05:16:21 PM
Your better off putting 1300$ towards a fpga, much more flexibility and future proof. Groes profits will plummet once this hits the market in numbers.
Activity: 306
Merit: 7
October 29, 2018, 05:00:35 PM
Activity: 60
October 29, 2018, 03:02:16 PM
Hello , the coin gain right now is about 20,95 $ (21 GRS/day) before electricity . Do you think it can stay above 10-15 GRS in a few weeks or this is pretty impossible ?  It should be my first investment and I'm thinking about this one.

Doesn't matter like everyone else is saying. Groestl was around $25/day a few days ago, and now is like $19/day, and by the time everyone gets theirs and plugs them in, down to $2-7, or whatever the average is for the rest.
Activity: 3
October 29, 2018, 02:57:52 PM
Hello , the coin gain right now is about 20,95 $ (21 GRS/day) before electricity . Do you think it can stay above 10-15 GRS in a few weeks or this is pretty impossible ?  It should be my first investment and I'm thinking about this one.
copper member
Activity: 77
Merit: 17
October 29, 2018, 03:52:31 AM
I have inquired via Baikal
http://www.baikalminer.com via Contact customer service:
[email protected] on 28 October.

They have updated me for the delivery after 10 days. So then i researched on asicminervalue.com where i found this company called Miner Bros Limited shipping within 48 hrs . I am sharing the url for people looking for single peaces like me. https://www.cryptominerbros.com/product/baikal-miner-bk-g28-multi-algorithm-miner

So now i have purchased the product with cryptominerbros, I will keep you posted once i get delivery on the product in Wahsington USA.
Activity: 583
Merit: 106
October 28, 2018, 11:37:03 PM
Groestl diff +69% for 1 day  Shocked
Activity: 544
Merit: 250
October 28, 2018, 04:05:59 PM
This is very risky, considering previous asic experiences, this is not worth it.

Yup, they are probably holding out on Groestl from the X10, so they can get sales for the BK-G28. Once they get enough sales, then they MAYBE release Groestl for the X10 later on. Remember, when they release NIST5 for the X10, it was probably the most profitable for like just like a day or 2, because everyone switch to it. Then it wasn't profitable as other algos anymore. This will be the same fate as Groestl.

Also remember, when first buying X10 when it was released, BTC was near all time high last year around November/December, so don't be expecting high profit returns this time around.

Lastly BK-G28 has all the same algos as X10, so all the algos will be saturated in increased hashrate and difficulties and profits lower for everyone not matter what.

This won't be a smart buy at this time of the market because the efficiency isn't that big of a jump compared to the X10 from Giant+, but then again, there will always be people buying ASIC no matter what anyone says.
Activity: 165
Merit: 11
October 28, 2018, 03:54:58 PM
Can i run the pizero image from G28 on my X10?

Wondering this too.

EDIT:  Did you find a link to the G28 firmware?  I can't find one.

They won't upload it.

I will buy one and try to extract the Firmware to use them with Giant X10. Regardless if it work or not i will upload it for the other X10 users.

I'm an IT administrator and Hardware enthusiast and did an training as programmer (3 1/2 years). Hope thats the correct translation.

You can help fund my project with ethereum. I will share the infos with the contributors
https://etherscan.io/address/0x6f7de90217083030992773a7ae249b03e9b97ceb
Activity: 583
Merit: 106
October 28, 2018, 11:29:22 AM
This is very risky, considering previous asic experiences, this is not worth it.
Activity: 11
October 28, 2018, 11:05:02 AM
nice
Pages:
Jump to: