Pages:
Author

Topic: NEW info. Everyone is lying about ther ASIC project - page 16. (Read 26577 times)

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

This is a picture of one of the helper monkeys that work behind the scenes at EMC to send all those text and email messages.  People always wonder what they look like.

I knew it.  Now how do I order one of those  Grin
Activity: 416
Josh, don't convince him. Let them stay with GPU mining. There is cheap electricity in Bulgaria.  Tongue
Grin Grin Grin Grin Actually it is the cheapest in the EU, but they are planing to rise it by 15% the end of the year Sad
Maybe than I will preorder a ASIC. I say preorder because I doubt they will ship them by then Tongue
Activity: 533
the customer service is so bad.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
I sure hope BFL can/will deliver.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

This is a picture of one of the helper monkeys that work behind the scenes at EMC to send all those text and email messages.  People always wonder what they look like.

RHA
Activity: 392
Josh, don't convince him. Let them stay with GPU mining. There is cheap electricity in Bulgaria.  Tongue
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Yes, I'm sorry if I confused anyone, but we are only shipping the FPGA products at the moment.  The comment above was with regards to the FPGA Singles - our helper monkeys (They are on subcontracted out from EMC) are busily creating more singles as we speak for shipping either later this week or early next week. 

We also have more than 300 boards on their way after that to satisfy current and future orders prior to the ASICs.  It will sure be nice when we have the pick and place ready to go and we don't have rely on a third party to place the components on our boards.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I donno. Im a new miner, but I feel a small $150 test investment is trivial compared to the way Bitcoin seems to be going. Ill start small with one. Feel it out, and reinvest more into it if the Jalapeno works out.

Butterfly labs customer services seems "ok". I've asked questions via their website submission, and got a response back within 24 hours. But I also got a response back to the same question twice from two different people. Both answers matched though hahha, so that's good Smiley
Activity: 362
...We just shipped orders from the first of August, so we are getting caught up there....
This is the most interesting part of Josh's replay.
So we should expect in the next 10 days or so, people to start receiving them, posting results, pictures etc.

So why don't you finally post 1 picture of a Jalapeno or another ASIC?
If you are already shipping them it shouldn't be a problem!

I understood it as he was talking about orders for their other products which are already out (FPGA), and not the ASICs. I would expect everyone to make much more noise if they were shipping ASICs earlier than expected (Oct/Nov). BFL would at least make a song and a dance about it, full of "I-told-you-so"s.
...We just shipped orders from the first of August, so we are getting caught up there....
This is the most interesting part of Josh's replay.
So we should expect in the next 10 days or so, people to start receiving them, posting results, pictures etc.

So why don't you finally post 1 picture of a Jalapeno or another ASIC?
If you are already shipping them it shouldn't be a problem!
Activity: 362
(...)  We are also working very hard on getting the ASICs out the door on time.  We are really beefing up our production capacity and moving everything we can in house.  We've purchased a pick and place machine, an oven, stenciler and other equipment to manufacture all the boards in house.  This means we can produce as many boards as we need without being at the mercy of board manufacturers and their timing/runs. (...)

Seems to me like the focus of BFL at this moment is on increasing production scale, rather than getting the product out the door as early as possible. Makes me think some of the other operations might already be mining with their first crude mad-dash batch of ASICs by the time BFL delivers...

Interesting race!
Activity: 74
What if they made their original product at a (slight) loss to build a good reputation for themselves so people believe them enough to please a large preorder for the suppossed ASIC?
I'd say that paranoia runs deep.  And if I was really paranoid I'd say that the OP was helping someone who works for one of the other two companies claiming they'll release an asic based product in the next 6 months.  In the end, no one is making anyone buy anything.  Mining, whether for bitcoin, coal or gold, is risky--you either accept the risk, or you don't.  Those are the options.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
What if they made their original product at a (slight) loss to build a good reputation for themselves so people believe them enough to please a large preorder for the suppossed ASIC?
Activity: 74
If they had never, ever delivered a functioning product in the past I'd be far more suspicious.  But they have.
Activity: 7
i just paid for two "warmer" units via paypal and email support for order number. A person named pegi replied saying the order number is the paypal transaction number . Did anyone get this same reply ?

I paid with paypal but received an invoice as well as an order number (four digits). So I highly doubt its the paypal transaction ID, they were probably requesting your transaction ID from paypal so they could bring up your order number.

I had replied pegi, hopefully i get an invoice and order number too ..
Activity: 78
Indeed, the bottom line is we are working to improve customer service and our shipping times.  We just shipped orders from the first of August, so we are getting caught up there.  I have been working hard on the customer service issue as well as the shipping issues.  We are also working very hard on getting the ASICs out the door on time.  We are really beefing up our production capacity and moving everything we can in house.  We've purchased a pick and place machine, an oven, stenciler and other equipment to manufacture all the boards in house.  This means we can produce as many boards as we need without being at the mercy of board manufacturers and their timing/runs. 

Our ASIC chip is 100% original IP and we will have as many chips as we need, when we need them.  We are standardizing a lot of our equipment, so we can keep massive quantities of inventory on hand (at least 6 months of production work is the goal), allowing us to crank out units - literally - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if need be.  We've hired more personnel and will be hiring yet more people as we gear up.   

The ASIC generation is going to be much less complex, as well, so there will be less steps to creating a fully functional end unit, and we will also be able to assemble/produce the much faster.  Everything you know about BFL is changing now and will continue to change.  The only thing I can do is assure you we understand the concerns and we are doing everything we can to address the past mistakes. 

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 4387
diamond-handed zealot
Something I think needs to be said.

There exists motive to cast doubt on BFL's intention/ability to deliver.  Current miners with significant investment in GPU, or even FPGA, infrastructure show increased return on investment for every SC order that is NOT placed.

FUD pays in this case.

Just sayin'
Activity: 13
I'm in for a Jalapeno, it's money I can afford to lose and if it pays for itself quickly, great!
The website of BFL says it all.

It says NOTHINGGrin
Activity: 19
It looks like typical "geek" small business to me: questionable customer service, a lot of margin for error in delivery dates and effectiveness, but they do eventually ship product and it fundamentally works... took them about nine weeks to get me an FPGA Single but it's whirring away on my desk like a ... little cube of hashing machinery.  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: