Pages:
Author

Topic: NEW info. Everyone is lying about ther ASIC project - page 18. (Read 26577 times)

Activity: 416
Merit: 250
@Unacceptable
Actually i was told that they are selling on e-bay I never bothered to look if it was really them, but how can you be sure?

Apparently it is a huge secret, because at least once a month I hear someone just learning about it and talking like they think it is evidence of something sinister.
I learned about it a few months ago, but it just adds to the conspiracy theory Smiley
Funny thing is that their offer sound so good that even I would buy one if I wasn't in Bulgaria and I'd probably wait 1000 years for it. Cheesy
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
  • They are a business registered in Massachusetts on the name of some Mexican woman.

because no Hispanic people live in Massachusetts

This is incredibly common.  It doesn't mean anything bad.  All states require that a corporation list an agent with a physical address in the same state that is capable of accepting legal process.  Because of this, all states have companies and/or people that act as registered agents for various fees.  States with favorable corporate laws (Nevada, Delaware, North Dakota, etc) have tons of these agents.

Apparently it is a huge secret, because at least once a month I hear someone just learning about it and talking like they think it is evidence of something sinister.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
That isn't them on Ebay !!!

It's just some guy making money off folks that have no clue on how to buy the devices on thier own...............

You are talking about this,right???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230826486809?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
His point was that it seems unprofessional and maybe even a rush job. But it works for them, it works well. Should it be changed?
Yes I have always sad that if something works well it shouldn't be changed, so that maybe one down but it still remains a big list Cheesy
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

They are playing with millions yet their website is made with WordPress.
and?
His point was that it seems unprofessional and maybe even a rush job. But it works for them, it works well. Should it be changed?
  • No certain delivery dates.
yeah, they fucked this up last time so they are reluctant to make promises this time and blow it again

- Exactly, they fu**ed up once so they are probably going to f**k up again!

• No pictures or schemes or anything.
they are literally sitting on a gold mine, that IP is going to be very closely guarded

- If I have a gold mine and I am looking for inverters, I wont show the where the mine is, but I will give them pictures from inside the mine.

• Very limited information (actually there is no information on the ASICs).
see above

- So again if im sitting on a gold mine I wont tell where it is but I will provide geological data or something.

• I never got it why are BITCOIN payments preferred.
duh, they want to promote bitcoin

- duh, cause with BITCOINS you may get away without returning them

• They broke the law of e-bay - 2 months to appeal and ask for a refund with their 2 to 4 to 6 months delivery - maybe.
??

- If you have bought anything on e-bay you will see that u can ask for your money back within 2 months, well BFL are telling me on e-bay that I can buy something with PayPal and they will probably maybe send it to me within 6 months. So again I cant get my money back - see above. Smiley

Now I can give such answers to all your replyеs, but I understand your point, and that is exactly what I want to see who thinks what.

Somewhere someone sad that with Bitcoins it is Christmas all over again for the Pyramid and Ponzi schemes, old stuff that everyone knows but they seem to forget it when BITCOIN is involved - bear in mind Pirate40
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 4387
diamond-handed zealot

yeah, they fucked this up last time so they are reluctant to make promises this time and blow it again

they are literally sitting on a gold mine, that IP is going to be very closely guarded

see above

• No one answers their phone.

see their FAQ

• They answer your e-mail within 2-3 weeks.

they answered my last email the next day

• All their answers are with a maybe or possibly.

see the first point

duh, they want to promote bitcoin

• The broke the law of e-bay - 2 months to appeal and ask for a refund with their 2 to 4 to 6 months delivery - maybe.

??

• They are a business registered in Massachusetts on the name of some Mexican woman.

because no Hispanic people live in Massachusetts

• They are playing with millions yet their website is made with WordPress.

and?

• Up to today no one has either seen, touched or heard their ASICs. (even remotely)

see point 2
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
To be honest, (most of) the things you bring up are very legitimate concerns. When they come out, we'll know for sure.

Let us early adopters take the jump.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
I don't see anything fishy, just a business that doesn't do customer-service very well.  You could have said the same things about their current-gen stuff before it was released too.
Activity: 392
just wait, just 2 more months
In my personal opinion there is something very stinky about BFL:
NEW info. BFL are the biggest liars it appears
  • No one answers their phone.
  • They answer your e-mail within 2-3 weeks.
  • All their answers are with a maybe or possibly.
  • The broke the law of e-bay - 2 months to appeal and ask for a refund with their 2 to 4 to 6 months delivery - maybe.
  • They are playing with millions yet their website is made with WordPress.
  • Up to today no one has either seen, touched or heard their ASICs. (even remotely)

So what is your opinion, I personally believe that they are developing something but they are quite away from delivering it or with the given characteristics.
Some of my friends think that all of it might be a lie.

EDIT1:
So after 3 months this is what BLF has to say:
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/437-asic-update-26-november-2012-a.html
"fuzzy" date
Got to love that! Cheesy

EDIT2:
FOUR months now, still nothing while other manufacturers, are posting pics of their real chips!

EDIT3:
FIVE months have passed and now it appears that all ASIC companies are lying.
AVALON are trying to make us believe that they shipped a week ago, but no one has received anything, and DEEPBIT blew it officially -    
DeepBit Reclaimer ASIC

EDIT3: - HAHAHA HA ......7 months!!! Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: