Pages:
Author

Topic: NEW info. Everyone is lying about ther ASIC project - page 12. (Read 26577 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
I've got a minirig who's Maillard browning is so good, if you threw it up into the air it would turn into sunshine.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Screw that, if they don't INCLUDE marshmallows, I'm asking for a refund.
legendary
Mmmm smokey marshmallows.
Activity: 416
Merit: 250
PPhahahahhahaah - AHAHAHA
http://codinginmysleep.com/first-look-at-bfls-asic-hardware/

So the 25th of September, and all they can show is a rough 3D Cad Image of their produt.... My friends I have lost all hopes that BFL will deliver before 2013. Cheesy
Actually they are showing it thru a 3rd party (which is actually them pretending to be a 3rd party) Smiley
legendary
Wow, that added fuel to the fire like throwing water on a campfire adds fuel.

Activity: 420
My only question about BFLabs is:

Why would they sell a ACSI equipment for $30,000 that can mine 1,000G/Hash (roughly 4,500 dollars in BTC per day) and you can recover the investment in about 8 days, when they can easily build it for themselves and mine the shit out of it and become millionaires by running 10-20 of those themselves?
If I had the capacity to build such miners, would I build them and sell them at such a low price or would I just mine with them and make my business the mining business?

Just a thought...

You might have a point there - If they're being dishonest: they should put together a sc rig and mine with it while assembling other asic products - then the moment another company releases or starts selling asic products ---- they ship 100% of orders. Completely tank the competition and also (probably) earn out the investment of setting up the asics in the first place.

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
Man, I don't know how Apple could fuck up their Iphone 6 pre-orders so much.  Angry
Activity: 388
Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!
I've made a fun game out of the absurd knocks against BFL by replacing any mention of BFL with any huge name company, and replacing any instance of ASIC with a high profile product that they make. For example:

OMG BFL IS A SCAM WHY WON'T THEY SHOW ME PICTURES OF THE ASIC AND THEY WON'T KEEP A RUNNING BLOG OF DEVELOPMENT PROGRESS AND I'M CALLING A LAWYER BECAUSE THEY TOOK PRE-ORDERS AND MISSED THEIR RELEASE DATE BY A FEW WEEKS!!!!!!

becomes

OMG APPLE IS A SCAM WHY WON'T THEY SHOW ME PICTURES OF THE IPHONE 6 AND THEY WON'T KEEP A RUNNING BLOG OF DEVELOPMENT PROGRESS AND I'M CALLING A LAWYER BECAUSE THEY TOOK PRE-ORDERS AND MISSED THEIR RELEASE DATE BY A FEW WEEKS!!!!!!

I think even more suitable:

OMG MICROSOFT IS A SCAM WHY WON'T THEY SHOW ME PICTURES OF THE WINDOWS 8 AND THEY WON'T KEEP A RUNNING BLOG OF DEVELOPMENT PROGRESS AND I'M CALLING A LAWYER BECAUSE THEY TOOK PRE-ORDERS AND MISSED THEIR RELEASE DATE BY A FEW WEEKS!!!!!!

Oh wait...
Activity: 154
I've made a fun game out of the absurd knocks against BFL by replacing any mention of BFL with any huge name company, and replacing any instance of ASIC with a high profile product that they make. For example:

OMG BFL IS A SCAM WHY WON'T THEY SHOW ME PICTURES OF THE ASIC AND THEY WON'T KEEP A RUNNING BLOG OF DEVELOPMENT PROGRESS AND I'M CALLING A LAWYER BECAUSE THEY TOOK PRE-ORDERS AND MISSED THEIR RELEASE DATE BY A FEW WEEKS!!!!!!

becomes

OMG APPLE IS A SCAM WHY WON'T THEY SHOW ME PICTURES OF THE IPHONE 6 AND THEY WON'T KEEP A RUNNING BLOG OF DEVELOPMENT PROGRESS AND I'M CALLING A LAWYER BECAUSE THEY TOOK PRE-ORDERS AND MISSED THEIR RELEASE DATE BY A FEW WEEKS!!!!!!
Activity: 388
Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!
They can make like 500 units per day, these will run a 24-hour burn-in test, so they will be constantly mining with 500 pcs of jalapenos/40Ghs/1TH machines. At 400X3.5G+80X40G+20X1TH.....
1400k+3200k+20000k=24600k Mh/s=$106,863.96 a day?? Huh

Check my calculation please, someone?

Well if they truly interested in not upsetting the balance of hash power as they state, they would do their burn in test without actually submitting any shares - i know cgminer/bfgminer have a "benchmark" mode so that do not involve actual mining..

Anyway odds are if the did do a huge burn in initially - we would probably know because a burnin on 300 units would show pretty significantly (see the charts on blockchain.com)..
what?
Activity: 150
So if BFL is mining on the "24 hr burn-in" ASIC units....who's to say that AMD isn't doing the same
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Your *what* is itchy?
Yes, I'm sorry if I confused anyone, but we are only shipping the FPGA products at the moment.  The comment above was with regards to the FPGA Singles - our helper monkeys (They are on subcontracted out from EMC) are busily creating more singles as we speak for shipping either later this week or early next week. 

We also have more than 300 boards on their way after that to satisfy current and future orders prior to the ASICs.  It will sure be nice when we have the pick and place ready to go and we don't have rely on a third party to place the components on our boards.

Whoa! I may have to cancel my pre-order. Nobody said anything about EMC being involved. I work for HP, I can't be seen buying anything that's had EMC hands in it.... SO TORN NOW

In my server room I have HP Proliants and EMC NAS cohabitating. Tell you what? They're both great  Wink

Yah, I was being semi-kidding about the EMC angle. Although as an HP employee I am officially required to hate them. ;-)
Activity: 568
...so they will be constantly mining with 500 pcs of jalapenos/40Ghs/1TH machines.

I think that they are building 0 ASIC mining rigs a day.....  Smiley
Soon king_pin, soon. Production starts next week.  Grin
Yes, I'm sorry if I confused anyone, but we are only shipping the FPGA products at the moment.  The comment above was with regards to the FPGA Singles - our helper monkeys (They are on subcontracted out from EMC) are busily creating more singles as we speak for shipping either later this week or early next week. 

We also have more than 300 boards on their way after that to satisfy current and future orders prior to the ASICs.  It will sure be nice when we have the pick and place ready to go and we don't have rely on a third party to place the components on our boards.

Whoa! I may have to cancel my pre-order. Nobody said anything about EMC being involved. I work for HP, I can't be seen buying anything that's had EMC hands in it.... SO TORN NOW

In my server room I have HP Proliants and EMC NAS cohabitating. Tell you what? They're both great  Wink
Activity: 416
...so they will be constantly mining with 500 pcs of jalapenos/40Ghs/1TH machines.

I think that they are building 0 ASIC mining rigs a day.....  Smiley
Activity: 568
They can make like 500 units per day, these will run a 24-hour burn-in test, so they will be constantly mining with 500 pcs of jalapenos/40Ghs/1TH machines. At 400X3.5G+80X40G+20X1TH.....

I'd drop that figure to about 1/5.  No way they're building 20 minirigs a day.

But even assuming they are, compare the price of those (assumed) hardware pieces compared to the mining revenue.

400 x $150 + 80 x $1300 + 20 x $30000 = $764,000 selling price.

So, even if they make $107k/day mining, it still wouldn't make up a substantial portion of their revenues.  And that $107k wouldn't last long either - as more of the units are released into the wild, that revenue would drop to maybe $10k/day, if that.

I'm not particularly happy that BFL is choosing to mine on the main net, but I'm not going to cancel my order over it either.
Neither am I. But it will take maybe a month at full production to catch up all pre-orders (as they said they want to send out an as big as possible first batch), plus the ones coming in once people see they really deliver. In the video shot at the conference bfl guy said they wanted to build a 6000pcs stock, and produce to the point where they can take next-day-delivery orders. I also wish they just use a testnet.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

I'd drop that figure to about 1/5.  No way they're building 20 minirigs a day.

But even assuming they are, compare the price of those (assumed) hardware pieces compared to the mining revenue.

400 x $150 + 80 x $1300 + 20 x $30000 = $764,000 selling price.

So, even if they make $107k/day mining, it still wouldn't make up a substantial portion of their revenues.  And that $107k wouldn't last long either - as more of the units are released into the wild, that revenue would drop to maybe $10k/day, if that.

I'm not particularly happy that BFL is choosing to mine on the main net, but I'm not going to cancel my order over it either.
Activity: 602
Your *what* is itchy?

Pages:
Jump to: