Pages:
Author

Topic: NEW info. Everyone is lying about ther ASIC project - page 10. (Read 26577 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Boobs, got it... let me see what I can find.  I can write off the boob search as a business expense now, hot damn!
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I formly ignored all the asic talks so far as in some occasions something that sounds to good to be true eventually is , yeah, not true.
Or in an other context, you can put lipstick on a bear but its still a bear.

But damn, that bear's got back.
Activity: 416
Merit: 250
Right... I don't have one.  Just like BFL is a scam.  Whatever.  This is why everything you say is complete bullshit.  You make statements and pronouncements that you have absolutely no ability to back up and you have absolutely no knowledge of, yet you try to proclaim these things as facts.  You know exactly nothing, and anything you say is basically crap.

I'll just leave this here.

Hahaha I loved that, dude I sad I doubt, I didn't say you don't have one.
I also doubt the existence of a BFL ASIC, but there may be one or two, or I guess there will be, sometimes in late January Cheesy

And I never sad BFL is a SCAM i sad BFLs ASIC is a Scam Wink (actually not a scam but they are just lying a lil bit)

I admit that I'm a skeptic, but I don't hate BFL I actually had 2 of their FPGAs for e couple of months. They were OK, a bit less performance than BLF claimed, but they worked just fine.

I hope u didn't write that with permanent marker Tongue and btw this is a first time someone wrote my nick on his hand. Please next time write it on some hot ( . )( . ) Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Indeed, the bottom line is we are working to improve customer service and our shipping times.  We just shipped orders from the first of August, so we are getting caught up there.  I have been working hard on the customer service issue as well as the shipping issues.  We are also working very hard on getting the ASICs out the door on time.  We are really beefing up our production capacity and moving everything we can in house.  We've purchased a pick and place machine, an oven, stenciler and other equipment to manufacture all the boards in house.  This means we can produce as many boards as we need without being at the mercy of board manufacturers and their timing/runs.  

Our ASIC chip is 100% original IP and we will have as many chips as we need, when we need them.  We are standardizing a lot of our equipment, so we can keep massive quantities of inventory on hand (at least 6 months of production work is the goal), allowing us to crank out units - literally - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if need be.  We've hired more personnel and will be hiring yet more people as we gear up.  

The ASIC generation is going to be much less complex, as well, so there will be less steps to creating a fully functional end unit, and we will also be able to assemble/produce the much faster.  Everything you know about BFL is changing now and will continue to change.  The only thing I can do is assure you we understand the concerns and we are doing everything we can to address the past mistakes.  

Then we listed the oven on eBay and sold it back to ourselves to make it look like we just purchased an oven as outlined in our recent press release.
legendary
What you can't actually see in the picture is the bank of Apple III computers, suspended by an automated pulley system that raises each one 12 inches and drops it back to the floor to reseat the chips.  That is what's doing the hashing, the C64s are just the front end to the networked Apples.  That Apple ][gs Woz Edition is controlling the pulleys.

PS -

The aura is actually all of my awesome trying to burst forth from the picture frame.
donator
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Assholier-than-thou retard magnet
I think thats been photoshopped. I can tell by the pixels cause i have seen a lot of photoshops in my time.

Just admit that your team is using the parallel processing of the 6502s in the 1541s as hashers and are working on eliminating the thunks before shipping them as SC Singles.

Pixels, or beatific aura?Huh
Activity: 246
I still have have 3 commodore 64's aand 4 or 5 1541 drives and 3 1581 drives. I wonder what I would get on ebay for them. lol
Activity: 154
Is it wrong that I'd rather have those vintage computers than the new video card?
legendary
I think thats been photoshopped. I can tell by the pixels cause i have seen a lot of photoshops in my time.
bce
Activity: 756
Nevermind, I found the original image on Google.

Edit: since the original was removed by Inaba, I removed the one I found on google  Wink
bce
Activity: 756
Welcome to bitcoin talk, newbies!
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Damn Inaba - don't ever get tired smacking down haters?
I hope he doesn't - someone's got to put them in their place!
Activity: 420
I kinda doubt that you have a 7990, cause they have been out out for like 20 days, and you can't find them in mot countries.
And only PowerColor makes them (I think) and I wont buy PowerColor ever again Cheesy

But yeah you are right!

Right... I don't have one.  Just like BFL is a scam.  Whatever.

Damn Inaba - don't ever get tired smacking down haters?
Activity: 322
I formly ignored all the asic talks so far as in some occasions something that sounds to good to be true eventually is , yeah, not true.
Or in an other context, you can put lipstick on a bear but its still a bear.
legendary
I beg to differ, my 7990 is far more powerful than the 5970.
I kinda doubt that you have a 7990, cause they have been out out for like 20 days, and you can't find them in mot countries.
And only PowerColor makes them (I think) and I wont buy PowerColor ever again Cheesy

But yeah you are right!

Right... I don't have one.  Just like BFL is a scam.  Whatever.  This is why everything you say is complete bullshit.  You make statements and pronouncements that you have absolutely no ability to back up and you have absolutely no knowledge of, yet you try to proclaim these things as facts.  You know exactly nothing, and anything you say is basically crap.

But yeah you are right!
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Dual GPU is nice for a gaming rig but for mining I'll just stick with my 7970s.

It would be more convincing if there were more than just mere words on a webpage to convince me of the reality of a product.
Between BTCFPGA, Butterfly and every other person jumping on the bandwagon ( i.e. Avalon ), your telling me there isn't a single
soul in these groups/companies who doesn't want to establish a little e-peen and show a frankenstein prototype actually running to prove they aren't blowing smoke.  I know very little about ASIC production but I thought most of these went from FPGA prototyping to ASIC.
Regardless, if they already went through the foundry for pressing, wouldn't they have all the tests that are conducted there to provide the stress levels etc.

Didn't I read on the forums somewhere that you are working for/with Butterfly now, Inaba?
copper member
Activity: 1428
Merit: 253
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
My only question about BFLabs is:

Why would they sell a ACSI equipment for $30,000 that can mine 1,000G/Hash (roughly 4,500 dollars in BTC per day) and you can recover the investment in about 8 days, when they can easily build it for themselves and mine the shit out of it and become millionaires by running 10-20 of those themselves?

Because they can make more on devices than on BTCs. And they are right Smiley

maybe you're wrong, I mean, most likely you're wrong.
Currently, the most powerful GPU for mining, the AMD Radeon 7970 sells for 359 (lowest price I've seen) and has bit power requirements, although way better than other older GPUs yet, the ROI if you mine with a GPU like that would be about 6 months give or take (only on the GPU price and not counting PSU/Memory/CPU/etc)
So, a Jalapeno can mine 4,500 Mhash in theory and with current difficulties 1.33 BTC a day. It would take you about 12 days to recover the investment of 15 bitcoins ($180 including shipping)...
They could easily sell Jalapenos for 500 dollars  and people would still buy them... so, either they are giving away a gold mine for nearly free, or there's something terribly wrong with the way they do business! or they are the biggest philantropists the world would come to know.
obviously there's something very tricky and NO, they won't make more money by selling jalapenos if they could easily be mining themselves and make a shit load of BTC
legendary
Currently, the most powerful GPU for mining, the AMD Radeon 7970...
Currently the most powerful GPU si 5970!

Otherwise I agree with your opinion. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: