Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 116. (Read 149454 times)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
May 05, 2014, 08:52:40 PM
AMT Miners,
If i pick option 3 for hosting, will i be able to setup any pool ? can you confirm if this will be start next week?
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
May 05, 2014, 08:41:06 PM
Also when are we allowed to know what the other boards are/went to shit. My guess you're in the legal process, possibly a settlement, with another company to recoup from how you got fucked.

I'd just like to hear the whole story so we can piece together exactly how all this happened.
Activity: 102
May 05, 2014, 08:39:11 PM
Well if you're not going to reply to my other message, option 1 it is order #1275.
May 05, 2014, 08:34:21 PM
Receive your miner immediately - with a 1.2hash rate or maybe a bit more. Immediately being end of this week.

Maybe a little bit more? How much a  little bit more? like 1.4 or 1.5 ish somewhere between? That essentially puts it on par with the number 3 option but then shouldering the bill is on us locally.

Any more info about what numbe 3 entails?

Right, so buying in bulk from one third party, or having said third party produce several miners in a week with our own chips at 6th of what we'd usually pay is what we're referring to. Not buying up ready systems from israeli's with last years chips, or depreciated systems or shipping someone else's brand. We need to whats best for everyone so everyone is satisfied, not just the people that have time to spend on this forum. There are several other individuals that need their equipment as well, we were just getting a feel for it, and it seems like #1 and #3 (depending on the terms) seem to be winning so far. We're still producing a few designs locally as well, and our 4 chip board too. So there are lots of options, finding what works best for everyone is the key here. So guys lets stop inventing options.

Is this the tecnobit board we'd be receiving or the old style board, or some third option I'm not aware of?

I'd be quite happy to hustle to the fedex store (if there is open around here right now and drop off the miner) for shipment out to you in the morning. I just want a little more detail if you can about what boards we'd receive with option 1.

do I need to decide between 1 or 3 before shipping back to you as a way to make it easier? Because I would still like an idea of the hosting option, I just need to know we'll be able to choose our pool, and an estimate before I can commit to that option.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
May 05, 2014, 08:28:15 PM
Hi AMT. I'm just replying to your post. My order # is 849. Can you confirm you got this please? Will I really get my miner this week?
May 05, 2014, 08:25:17 PM
==============================

Quote from: drpibb81 on May 05, 2014, 11:52:17 PM
I would like option 1. My order number is 1356. AMT please confirm that you saw this.

Confirmed.
==================================================

AMT_Miners,

Did you test those 1.2TH/S miners before you ship? and does 1.2 Miners work stable? consider this you told me supposed ship to me in January, now 4-5 month delay. what's the compensations? I'm pretty sure you know I have earliest order numbers. what is my refund options?

Ok quick tip for you and the other guys. They essentially have us by the balls. But rather them squeezing them and ensuring pain they are gently playing with them like you would want from a lady friend.

They've obviously looked at their assets and their money and taken into account what they can do without going out of business. You have to remember that if they go out of business you get nothing, just like wonka told charlie bucket.

They hypotheticals they offered are our choices. If you want a refund it's going to be a scheduled fractional payout over time. That is it. They've posted it twice now. Don't expect any other deal. If they say they are considering it then you should consider it a no as it doesn't fit within the financial realities of the company as it stands.

I was expecting they can ship me miners,they promised my couple of times,but nothing happened. I'm so frustrated on this thing.

AMT_miners, Can you tell when your 70MH/S script miner will be available? Like you said, you will promise ship all 1.2TH/S miners as users option on this week. can you confirm this?  
May 05, 2014, 08:16:47 PM
==============================

Quote from: drpibb81 on May 05, 2014, 11:52:17 PM
I would like option 1. My order number is 1356. AMT please confirm that you saw this.

Confirmed.
==================================================

AMT_Miners,

Did you test those 1.2TH/S miners before you ship? and does 1.2 Miners work stable? consider this you told me supposed ship to me in January, now 4-5 month delay. what's the compensations? I'm pretty sure you know I have earliest order numbers. what is my refund options?

Ok quick tip for you and the other guys. They essentially have us by the balls. But rather them squeezing them and ensuring pain they are gently playing with them like you would want from a lady friend.

They've obviously looked at their assets and their money and taken into account what they can do without going out of business. You have to remember that if they go out of business you get nothing, just like wonka told charlie bucket.

They hypotheticals they offered are our choices. If you want a refund it's going to be a scheduled fractional payout over time. That is it. They've posted it twice now. Don't expect any other deal. If they say they are considering it then you should consider it a no as it doesn't fit within the financial realities of the company as it stands.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
May 05, 2014, 08:07:52 PM
AMT is this 1.2T I am sending back just garbage? Can I simply dispose of it if it ships back to me? What the hell man.

Brian, someone will get there and pick it up, just calm down. That's like the other side of philly, its pretty much an hour drive but we're gonna get it, its not going anywhere and we're gonna take care of it but you gotta calm down about this.

I am calm, but you were ignoring my posts. It will ship back to me soon if someone doesn't pick it up. Thank you for answering my question. I have been beyond patient in this dealing with this matter.
May 05, 2014, 08:03:05 PM

Confirmed.

AMT_Miners,

Activity: 392
May 05, 2014, 07:55:28 PM
AMT is this 1.2T I am sending back just garbage? Can I simply dispose of it if it ships back to me? What the hell man.

Brian, someone will get there and pick it up, just calm down. That's like the other side of philly, its pretty much an hour drive but we're gonna get it, its not going anywhere and we're gonna take care of it but you gotta calm down about this.
Activity: 102
May 05, 2014, 07:53:38 PM
Amt-
I understand that you're trying to keep it simple and I appreciate the honesty. I would however like to ask about the MPP, a reason why I chose to buy from AMT in the first place. I can purchase a 1th machine for now around $3,000. $6,000 was a fair price to pay when I ordered back in January and I understand that. I expected miners almost 2 months ago and did not receive. I have lost money waiting this long and would like some resolution. I understand how hard it is and everything that is going on, I really do. All I ask is for 100% honesty. If there is no MPP like stated, well fine. At least I'd like to know that to help me better decide what I'd like to do with my $12,000 investment.
May 05, 2014, 07:53:07 PM

Confirmed.
May 05, 2014, 07:52:47 PM
greases fine for the back side only. Top side should have a gap filler eg Fujipoly's sarcon line or again Berquist Blue to actually embed the chip so ya pull heat from every sq micron of area ya can.

Actuallly, that dynatron setup looks pretty good, only concern would be the fan life, Tip: what kind of bearing used in the fan? Sleeve bearings do not like vertical applications and give like 1/2 or less of 'rated life' when ran vertical. Look for rifled or ball bearing.

That's a ball bearing blower i believe. But the setup is a pricy, like $50 per, and we dont know about the lifespan yet either, we've had it running for a day so we want be a bit more sure than that before we decide to move on 2k dynatron sinks. One thing we've learned from Martins stuff is that if you use it a delivered you can usually get 3-6 months out of it without altering it. Also the board/program are always set to overclock, so under-clocking out of safety would be needed as well.
Hmm. the only thing I don't see at the dynatron site eg http://www.dynatron-corp.com/en/product_detail_1.aspx?cv=1-4-216&id=94&in=0 is the thermal ratings... As in thermal resistance at least so you can figure out the temps vs power in.

Look at Wakefield for example http://www.wakefield-vette.com/products/forced-convection.aspx complete specs so you can get a handle on chip temps vs sink size vs cfm of air needed instead of just testing what looks good....

Um poking around that Wakefield site, at these power levels you really should look at their liquid cooling ideas http://www.wakefield-vette.com/products/liquid-cooling/liquid-cold-plates.aspx That would allow a very very compact THS-dense processor package and allow moving the radiator/fans(s) to wherever the PSU bank is...

Just a thought considering multi-TH miners are multi-kw...

Wakefeild is ok but their processing time is fairly long. We've ordered from aavid and alexandriaindustries which are must faster.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
May 05, 2014, 07:52:17 PM
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
May 05, 2014, 07:44:46 PM
Please consider picking up your FedEx packages while you are at it.

Well,  this completely justifies why I don't want to ship my broken miner to them first.

I'll wait till they deliver the 50 coincraft a1 chips before they play games with fedex.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
May 05, 2014, 07:42:29 PM
greases fine for the back side only. Top side should have a gap filler eg Fujipoly's sarcon line or again Berquist Blue to actually embed the chip so ya pull heat from every sq micron of area ya can.

Actuallly, that dynatron setup looks pretty good, only concern would be the fan life, Tip: what kind of bearing used in the fan? Sleeve bearings do not like vertical applications and give like 1/2 or less of 'rated life' when ran vertical. Look for rifled or ball bearing.

That's a ball bearing blower i believe. But the setup is a pricy, like $50 per, and we dont know about the lifespan yet either, we've had it running for a day so we want be a bit more sure than that before we decide to move on 2k dynatron sinks. One thing we've learned from Martins stuff is that if you use it a delivered you can usually get 3-6 months out of it without altering it. Also the board/program are always set to overclock, so under-clocking out of safety would be needed as well.
Hmm. the only thing I don't see at the dynatron site eg http://www.dynatron-corp.com/en/product_detail_1.aspx?cv=1-4-216&id=94&in=0 is the thermal ratings... As in thermal resistance at least so you can figure out the temps vs power in.

Look at Wakefield for example http://www.wakefield-vette.com/products/forced-convection.aspx complete specs so you can get a handle on chip temps vs sink size vs cfm of air needed instead of just testing what looks good....

Um poking around that Wakefield site, at these power levels you really should look at their liquid cooling ideas http://www.wakefield-vette.com/products/liquid-cooling/liquid-cold-plates.aspx That would allow a very very compact THS-dense processor package and allow moving the radiator/fans(s) to wherever the PSU bank is... Look Koolance or frozen cpu for dripless fluid connectors to use between the boards and cooling loop

Just a thought considering multi-TH miners are multi-kw...
May 05, 2014, 07:41:27 PM
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
May 05, 2014, 07:39:49 PM
Option #9 - Buy those of us who have been suffering a single spondoolies at 1.4Th/s cost is only $4,000 (I will have it hosted myself not to complicate things). It is much cheaper, and I have a great contact over there. We win because we get the miner, you win because this will cost you significantly less than $6,000. Maybe they can also get you a deal where the miners are even cheaper than that if you buy in bulk. Just a side note, the deal will not involve me since I don't work for either company. The other $2000 we can figure out later Wink

Honestly, the 96 chips pay back sounds like the best solution.  You get like 2.4 THs of chips and you can go over to technobit to build the solution.   I like that idea.

So AMT,  how about shipping me 96 Coincraft A1 chips as compensation for the $6,000 I paid you?

Yea we're not doing that. The option was 40+10. That's what we can afford to do, period. But we appreciate your creativity carlos. Why dont you send the miner back and we'll fix it, lets go back to that option in your case.

Send me the 50 Coincraft chips and you then I'll send you the miner.  That's the deal.

Don't like it,  then I'll invoke the MPP and demand 96 chips instead.

Ok we'll consider it.

Alright.   When can I expect the chips?   Send me tracking number.

Consideration takes time.

Delays costs me BTC.   Maybe that's just a foreign concept for you.
May 05, 2014, 07:39:30 PM
Please consider picking up your FedEx packages while you are at it.
May 05, 2014, 07:34:36 PM
Option #9 - Buy those of us who have been suffering a single spondoolies at 1.4Th/s cost is only $4,000 (I will have it hosted myself not to complicate things). It is much cheaper, and I have a great contact over there. We win because we get the miner, you win because this will cost you significantly less than $6,000. Maybe they can also get you a deal where the miners are even cheaper than that if you buy in bulk. Just a side note, the deal will not involve me since I don't work for either company. The other $2000 we can figure out later Wink

Honestly, the 96 chips pay back sounds like the best solution.  You get like 2.4 THs of chips and you can go over to technobit to build the solution.   I like that idea.

So AMT,  how about shipping me 96 Coincraft A1 chips as compensation for the $6,000 I paid you?

Yea we're not doing that. The option was 40+10. That's what we can afford to do, period. But we appreciate your creativity carlos. Why dont you send the miner back and we'll fix it, lets go back to that option in your case.

Send me the 50 Coincraft chips and you then I'll send you the miner.  That's the deal.

Don't like it,  then I'll invoke the MPP and demand 96 chips instead.

Ok we'll consider it.

Alright.   When can I expect the chips?   Send me tracking number.

Consideration takes time.
Jump to: