Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 118. (Read 149454 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
May 05, 2014, 05:52:24 PM
Option #9 - Buy those of us who have been suffering a single spondoolies at 1.4Th/s cost is only $4,000 (I will have it hosted myself not to complicate things). It is much cheaper, and I have a great contact over there. We win because we get the miner, you win because this will cost you significantly less than $6,000. Maybe they can also get you a deal where the miners are even cheaper than that if you buy in bulk. Just a side note, the deal will not involve me since I don't work for either company. The other $2000 we can figure out later Wink

Honestly, the 96 chips pay back sounds like the best solution.  You get like 2.4 THs of chips and you can go over to technobit to build the solution.   I like that idea.

So AMT,  how about shipping me 96 Coincraft A1 chips as compensation for the $6,000 I paid you?

Yea we're not doing that. The option was 40+10. That's what we can afford to do, period. But we appreciate your creativity carlos. Why dont you send the miner back and we'll fix it, lets go back to that option in your case.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
May 05, 2014, 05:42:55 PM
I might be interested in getting the chips, but I want more than just 50.  AMT sells 50 chips for $4,300 and 75 for $6,450. (http://advancedminers.com/bitcoin-mining-hardware/coin-craft-a1-chip/)
Why would I take such a big hit?  I paid a little over $6,000 for the miner.

Give me 96 chips, the extras for such a long delay, so I can have Technobit assemble them for me with their boards.  This will be roughly an extra $3,600 cost for me, not to mention all the accessories that will be needed.  I think that is a very fair deal given the circumstances.

If I really could have a fully assembled, tested and working 1.2Th miner within 7 days though I would probably just choose that option.

+1   Great idea!
legendary
May 05, 2014, 05:42:15 PM
Option #9 - Buy those of us who have been suffering a single spondoolies at 1.4Th/s cost is only $4,000 (I will have it hosted myself not to complicate things). It is much cheaper, and I have a great contact over there. We win because we get the miner, you win because this will cost you significantly less than $6,000. Maybe they can also get you a deal where the miners are even cheaper than that if you buy in bulk. Just a side note, the deal will not involve me since I don't work for either company. The other $2000 we can figure out later Wink

Honestly, the 96 chips pay back sounds like the best solution.  You get like 2.4 THs of chips and you can go over to technobit to build the solution.   I like that idea.

So AMT,  how about shipping me 96 Coincraft A1 chips as compensation for the $6,000 I paid you?
May 05, 2014, 05:33:19 PM
Interesting... found this in Bitmine forum:

Notice how much bigger the heat sink is on this.  Also,  the customer claims that the unit blew up because the heat sink fell off.

Apparently those heat sinks are very important.  No wonder both Technobit and Dragon have huge heatsinks on the side of the chip.

Also if you look at your board you'll notice that the components are different and in different spots as well. Don't forget to point that one out.

Well true,  that's because the AMT boards don't have room to add a bigger heat sink.   The capacitors are in the way.

And what do those extra capacitors do carlos?
legendary
May 05, 2014, 05:31:50 PM

Notice how much bigger the heat sink is on this.  Also,  the customer claims that the unit blew up because the heat sink fell off.

Apparently those heat sinks are very important.  No wonder both Technobit and Dragon have huge heatsinks on the side of the chip.

Also if you look at your board you'll notice that the components are different and in different spots as well. Don't forget to point that one out.

Well true,  that's because the AMT boards don't have room to add a bigger heat sink.   The capacitors are in the way.

legendary
May 05, 2014, 05:30:34 PM
I might be interested in getting the chips, but I want more than just 50.  AMT sells 50 chips for $4,300 and 75 for $6,450. (http://advancedminers.com/bitcoin-mining-hardware/coin-craft-a1-chip/)
Why would I take such a big hit?  I paid a little over $6,000 for the miner.

Give me 96 chips, the extras for such a long delay, so I can have Technobit assemble them for me with their boards.  This will be roughly an extra $3,600 cost for me, not to mention all the accessories included.  I think that is a very fair deal given the circumstances.

If I really could have a fully assembled, tested and working 1.2Th miner within 7 days though I would probably just choose that option.

We can just send you technobit boards anyway since we're producing them now anyway. What's your order number.

well that's nice that you have technobit boards.... but the key question is... how long does it take for us to receive it?
May 05, 2014, 05:29:45 PM

Notice how much bigger the heat sink is on this.  Also,  the customer claims that the unit blew up because the heat sink fell off.

Apparently those heat sinks are very important.  No wonder both Technobit and Dragon have huge heatsinks on the side of the chip.

May 05, 2014, 05:28:25 PM
May 05, 2014, 05:24:57 PM
Why would I take such a big hit?  I paid a little over $6,000 for the miner.

Give me 96 chips, the extras for such a long delay, so I can have Technobit assemble them for me with their boards.  This will be roughly an extra $3,600 cost for me, not to mention all the accessories included.  I think that is a very fair deal given the circumstances.

We can just send you technobit boards anyway since we're producing them now anyway. What's your order number.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
May 05, 2014, 05:23:29 PM
Why would I take such a big hit?  I paid a little over $6,000 for the miner.

Give me 96 chips, the extras for such a long delay, so I can have Technobit assemble them for me with their boards.  This will be roughly an extra $3,600 cost for me, not to mention all the accessories that will be needed.  I think that is a very fair deal given the circumstances.

legendary
May 05, 2014, 04:39:13 PM

legendary
May 05, 2014, 04:25:02 PM

Carlos, you are apart of the problem and not the solution you know that. We'll think about it and get back to you buddy.

Don't think I'm part of the problem.  I'm a customer who has a problem,  a non-working miner.

I'll take a refund in terms of working Coincraft A1 chips.

I'm sure you have 50 of them just lying around there somewhere.

It's really a bum deal for me,  I get chips ... not a working system.   Heck, I have to go out and pay a reputable manufacturer (i.e. Technobit) to get me a working system.   That's how bad a deal it is for me, but I'm willing to make a deal with you.
May 05, 2014, 04:21:29 PM

Deal.

Send the miner back today. Use the fedex account number and address that was provided to you before. And when we receive it we'll ship you back the 40 chips plus 10 more.

No deal.

You send me 50 *working* coincraft A1 chips and when I receive it, then I will send you back your broken hardware.

After that, we are all even and you I'll drop all complaints that have been filled.

Clearly I am taking a hair-cut here, but heck.. I'm tired of this fiasco and don't want to waste any more time on it.

Really? Any other company would say send back your unit and and we'll fix it and send it back to you. We're offering you chips instead. You'll need to send that miner back and when we have it we'll send you chips. Or just stick around and complain. That's a fair settlement seeing as how your in the class anyway and will most like stay in it to try and get your cut.

Really?  You aren't just any other company... you are AMT... a company known to rarely deliver on their promises.

Deliver the chips and we have a deal.

Fair and square.  

Carlos, you are apart of the problem and not the solution you know that. We'll think about it and get back to you buddy.

legendary
May 05, 2014, 04:18:55 PM

Deal.

Send the miner back today. Use the fedex account number and address that was provided to you before. And when we receive it we'll ship you back the 40 chips plus 10 more.

No deal.

You send me 50 *working* coincraft A1 chips and when I receive it, then I will send you back your broken hardware.

After that, we are all even and you I'll drop all complaints that have been filled.

Clearly I am taking a hair-cut here, but heck.. I'm tired of this fiasco and don't want to waste any more time on it.

Really? Any other company would say send back your unit and and we'll fix it and send it back to you. We're offering you chips instead. You'll need to send that miner back and when we have it we'll send you chips. Or just stick around and complain. That's a fair settlement seeing as how your in the class anyway and will most like stay in it to try and get your cut.

Really?  You aren't just any other company... you are AMT... a company known to rarely deliver on their promises.

Deliver the chips and we have a deal.

Fair and square.  

My only interest here is to cut my losses.   
May 05, 2014, 04:16:21 PM

Deal.

No deal.

legendary
May 05, 2014, 04:12:08 PM

Deal.

No deal.

May 05, 2014, 04:09:54 PM
You guys are so fucked. So how can amt offer the option one, of shipping all the miners in a week, if they can't currently ship all the miners?? wtf is the theory behind that?

Buying them up in from a third party who wants to help us out.

You need to explain how you are spending *our money* to buy out equipment from another party to ship to us.  

Are you buying depreciated assets and having us customers accept the depreciated assets?

Actually we don't. We need to explain that to litigation, the irs, and the government.  All in all Carlos, your a protagonist. Just let us figure this stuff out without the 50 comments from the Perez peanut gallery. We all know your miner doesn't work, we all your know your going through terrible things right now, its awful. That's why we're doing what we can to fix this situation. And when you find out why your miner doesn't work, you're going to be like "Oh.. well i didn't know that was the case, sorry". So just assume that you've already been compensated and your happy, and lets go from there.

Finally... the first acknowledgement from AMT that my miner does not work.

That's after 3 weeks of sending emails to these folk.

3 weeks of lost mining revenue.

Deal.

Send the miner back today. Use the fedex account number and address that was provided to you before. And when we receive it we'll ship you back the 40 chips plus 10 more. And you have to posting anything about your situation, either good or bad. Thanks Carlos.
May 05, 2014, 03:40:59 PM
My preferences in order:

#1 but only on two conditions: (A) the problems encountered by others have been fixed, and the miners will operate stably at 1.2 Gh/s (and not kits, we are talking assembled ready to hash miners), and (B) they can be shipped in the next 7 days.  Given that 1 Th/s miners with 1000 watt power draw are shipping for 2600-3000, this is a pretty big step down so I think you still need to consider compensation (see below).

#6 If #1 isn't feasible, and on the same conditions (miners are actually shipping in 7 days, and are stable 70 Mh/s).  Again, I think comp is still an issue.

#4 if #1 and #2 cannot be done within a short period of time, and there really is no other good alternative.

As far as compensation, if AMT wants to continue to stay in business the above do not address compensation at all.  Obviously, if this is essentially a liquidation plan then compensation is moot as you just be delivering what you can.  However, if AMT is going to sell new miners (scrypt or otherwise), you owe it to those of us who (funded) stuck with you all this time to give back some form of compensation even if not just cash.  Even if BTC price had stayed above 700-800, the increased in difficulty (predictable) and the decrease in cost per Gh/s (also predictable) has made the delay cost us more than 60% (e.g, A1-based 1 Th/s miners going for around $3K now plus the loss of mining March - May).   Assuming AMT plans to stay in business, the compensation that would seem feasible could be: (A) additional or more powerful hashing boards provided at cost, when available, and (B) discounts on future miners (e.g., 50% up to $3,500 per 1.2 Th/s miner paid for).

We have a plan for that, but it might not be in the realm that you may be thinking. But lets just everyone that bought from AMT did get a form of extra compensation in the end, and you'd all be happy. First we have to get everyone mining, and once everyone is we're going to make sure everyone mines right.
May 05, 2014, 03:35:45 PM
You guys are so fucked. So how can amt offer the option one, of shipping all the miners in a week, if they can't currently ship all the miners?? wtf is the theory behind that?

You need to explain how you are spending *our money* to buy out equipment from another party to ship to us.  

Are you buying depreciated assets and having us customers accept the depreciated assets?

Actually we don't. We need to explain that to litigation, the irs, and the government.  All in all Carlos, your a protagonist. Just let us figure this stuff out without the 50 comments from the Perez peanut gallery. We all know your miner doesn't work, we all your know your going through terrible things right now, its awful. That's why we're doing what we can to fix this situation. And when you find out why your miner doesn't work, you're going to be like "Oh.. well i didn't know that was the case, sorry". So just assume that you've already been compensated and your happy, and lets go from there.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
May 05, 2014, 03:29:20 PM

Where did they say they were deprecated? They said they are buying up hardware from someone else. I get your are pissed I am too that we even have to have these discussions....but I am not seeing anywhere that its deprecated hardware at this point you are just making stuff up. And you don't know they are using our money. Alot of facts none of us have. That being said some clarification might be nice on the hardware so we know what we are getting. Most of us here are fairly technical so knowing this stuff is useful for our own knowledge.
Jump to: