Author

Topic: New Official AMT Thread - page 115. (Read 149454 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 254
May 06, 2014, 02:07:55 PM
Is there any evidence of a 1.2THs working that is stable?

I know only of a 520 GHs system working reliably.

Bitmine will only sell systems that is below 800 GHs.

There is no evidence at this time of an AMT system that runs reliably at 1.2THs.
I am guessing that the A1 chip for now at least needs to be ran at lower speed for best stability/life. Ergo BMch's only selling 800's. Also note that the Dragon is also sold as 1-1.2TH implying they prefer the slow rate.

Well, then maybe they need to bump up the # of chips per board if possible or add another blade. Say maybe 10 per-board vs 8. Hmm, wonder how that balances the GH/W figure?

Maybe you can't build such a system without requiring a power draw the exceeds most residential wiring.
Well, yes we *are* talking about the max per standard 110v plug/circuit...
They need to emphasize that in a home setting these are what would be classified as a large appliance as far as power draw goes. Preferably use a 220v circuit like one has to if they say, buy a welder. Just how it goes.

Lol, if they are really planning a 2.4 Th/s unit for delivery anything in the next decade, they better be buying and reselling Spondoolies chips, or else plan on using a self-sustaining cold fusion power source.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
May 06, 2014, 02:01:23 PM
To summarize everyone's concerns on this thread, the reality is that we can all go out today and buy 1Th/s miners for $2,500 now.  Those of us who paid $6,000 for the 1.2Th/s have lost about 2/3s of our money already. Yes, as you say you got screwed and are passing that along to us now.  Our goal right now is how to recoup that last 1/3 of the investment we have, if any more  times goes by it will basically be close to zero. Much like my litecoin machine that is making 29 cents a day. I guess nobody has to worry anymore at that point.

Yes, this is a bad situation.  I had an option of buying Cointerra at the time,  but based on delivery schedules,  I mistakenly selected AMT.

Now AMT over 2 months late and still can't deliver.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
May 06, 2014, 01:58:07 PM

There is no evidence at this time of an AMT system that runs reliably at 1.2THs.
I am guessing that the A1 chip for now at least needs to be ran at lower speed for best stability/life. Ergo BMch's only selling 800's. Also note that the Dragon is also sold as 1-1.2TH implying they prefer the slow rate.

Well, then maybe they need to bump up the # of chips per board if possible or add another blade. Say maybe 10 per-board vs 8. Hmm, wonder how that balances the GH/W figure?

Maybe you can't build such a system without requiring a power draw the exceeds most residential wiring.
Well, yes we *are* talking about the max per standard 110v plug/circuit...
They need to emphasize that in a home setting these are what would be classified as a large appliance as far as power draw goes. Preferably use a 220v circuit like one has to if they say, buy a welder. Just how it goes.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
May 06, 2014, 01:54:38 PM
To summarize everyone's concerns on this thread, the reality is that we can all go out today and buy 1Th/s miners for $2,500 now.  Those of us who paid $6,000 for the 1.2Th/s have lost about 2/3s of our money already. Yes, as you say you got screwed and are passing that along to us now.  Our goal right now is how to recoup that last 1/3 of the investment we have, if any more  times goes by it will basically be close to zero. Much like my litecoin machine that is making 29 cents a day. I guess nobody has to worry anymore at that point.
May 06, 2014, 01:27:13 PM
legendary
May 06, 2014, 01:18:50 PM

legendary
May 06, 2014, 01:16:47 PM

legendary
May 06, 2014, 01:10:33 PM
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
May 06, 2014, 01:03:40 PM
May 06, 2014, 01:00:56 PM
Any news on a new timeline for replacement hardware? I too also have hardware I need to send back. Will this be an issue as well? I have 6 blown cards now....And I have been keeping the settings at your recommended at this point just to avoid any issues. I have been avoiding any higher settings.

I also offered to test out the new solution (option 2) you guys have. I figure as long as that is solid and stable I am willing to give it a shot. But it would be nice to get a timeline so we have some idea of when this will happen for us. Can you give us a bit more info about option 2? Getting a miner based on the current design (option 1) is risky based on what has already been said AND the various user experiences we have had. From a risk perspective if option 2 is far better tested and works, it seems like a better option provided we also have a timeline and are not going to have an insane wait again. A month at the most would be acceptable under the circumstances but we would want assurances that it would be done.

A few questions regarding the new design

Will it work with the existing backplanes?
If there are cards of the "old" design, will it work in a mixed config?
What is the timeline for distribution?
Will this be applicable to replace all the hardware we have (seeing as the current design is faulty and very prone to failure)?

I almost did but it doesn't now (it ran at that for about 5 minutes @ 1.2 before a card burned out since then running on powersave mode second miner basically was DOA with a single working card I pulled into the working unit). So yea there is no consistent miner out there running at 1.2Ths. I had hoped to put together a nice review if it worked. But I have one totally dead miner and one that partially works. Only way to ensure it works is to make sure the settings are conservative. At least in that sense it keeps it reliable. But then it will hash at 800Ghs (now just over 600 due to another card that failed yesterday even on those conservative settings). The design is just poor. AMT already at least owned that due to the manufacturing process. So hoping we can get replacements with the new design but also with a definitive timeline and a commitment that the hardware will work. If we get a committed timeline and actual delivery that will help a great deal. But yea I have to agree at this point with people that more delay tactics just is not an acceptable solution. We get SMD screwed you guys (AMT) up. But we would like to see some assurances that whatever correction is made to address this has a firm timeline and committed dates to get us our hardware (that will actually be kept now)

If it means returning the old miners in to get the chips pulled off to get them replaced onto a new miner (for the ones still working) I would be happy with a solution that works at the advertised 1.2Ths rate as a base speed (in my case 2.4 as I purchased 2 units). Even if its more smaller units that equal that amount I would be satisfied with that. I want to honestly just get mining with what I purchased (I think I speak for everyone on this point) and not go through all this. Purchases should be a simple I buy it you ship what was advertised transaction not a negotiation on parts. We want working hardware in good working condition that was tested prior to shipping. its obvious that at least one of my miners was not as it burned out pretty much after I powered it up left with a single working card in there I swapped into a working unit and burned out there last night.

If you can provide us with some more info on the questions asked and at least commit to a timeline you can realistically keep it might help us get through this. But I think everyone here is pretty much fed up with any more waiting. We just want working hardware at the advertised speeds. I am kind of at that point too. I was helping out hoping there could be some way to salvage the hardware, but it does not seem to be much of an option without even more cost. If AMT can please respond to the concerns and post a timeline for option 2 that would be good. Also more information on it would be good as well.
Activity: 434
Merit: 254
May 06, 2014, 12:50:38 PM
AMT, you haven't elected to take my (good) advice before but I will say one more time what I think you should do here if you want to stay in business and restore your credibility to this community.

(1) Make a decision about what to offer us, and make sure you can fulfill your promises.  Make the decision and announce it ASAP, preferably today as most of us are growing skeptical and tired of this.  Just decide what you are going to do, and do it.  Asking for our opinion is nice, but at this point you have enough data to decide.  And ANY option listed is better than more delay and more lack of information and uncertainty.

(2) If you are giving us a choice, give a deadline for that choice and a default option if no choice is made.  Again, lets avoid more delay.

(3) If you are shipping, you should include in your announcement what you will be shipping or offering to ship (800 Gh/s working units? non-working parts? the faulty systems assembled but unable to has at 1.2 Th/s?, or preferably 1.2 Th/s working systems as promised.. ).  , an absolute last day for delivery (or tier deliveries by order number) but no big ranges here, and shipping notices when they go out (preferably post all shipping tracking numbers here).  We need shipping dates that are soon, real, and verifiable (e.g., if you say orders 900-1000 go out on May 10, then I should be able to ask anyone in that order range if they got shipping notice and they should say yes).  Meeting your shipping commitments is the only way you will regain any credibility.  Missing them or failing to provide them will only increase distrust and make us believe the worst.

(4) Give us your compensation plan.  As with Black Arrow and KNC, it can be subject to change but it should be "real".  Note that BA increased hash rate by 1/3 (they will be shipping 3 Th/s for every 2 Th/s ordered) and KNC doubled hash rate.  Your comp plan should be in line with the competition if you hope to regain credibility.  In any event, tell us what it is and again, only make promises you will keep.

(5) You owe us an explanation of what happened.  I can guess parts of it, but there are a lot of things that seem very fishy viewed from the outside.  Your explanation should include why only 2 weeks before scheduled deliveries you were saying you were on track for on time deliveries; why you have had so many long periods of silence; etc.  You should also include processes you have put in place to prevent the same issues in the future.  This explanation will also help us understand whether you can credibly make ANY commitment for future delivery, as we will know what happened and how you have fixed the problem(s).

You should notice how BFL has regained some credibility despite problems at least as bad or worse than yours initially.  They are still very late, but they provide all of the info I am asking you to provide and that lead me to order from them again despite their past.  Right now, you rank pretty far below BFL (maybe equal to BFL at its worst).  Its not hard to recover though it will take time and a practice of meeting commitments without exception in the future - assuming you want to stay in business.
legendary
May 06, 2014, 12:28:58 PM
Any news on a new timeline for replacement hardware? I too also have hardware I need to send back. Will this be an issue as well? I have 6 blown cards now....And I have been keeping the settings at your recommended at this point just to avoid any issues. I have been avoiding any higher settings.

I also offered to test out the new solution (option 2) you guys have. I figure as long as that is solid and stable I am willing to give it a shot. But it would be nice to get a timeline so we have some idea of when this will happen for us. Can you give us a bit more info about option 2? Getting a miner based on the current design (option 1) is risky based on what has already been said AND the various user experiences we have had. From a risk perspective if option 2 is far better tested and works, it seems like a better option provided we also have a timeline and are not going to have an insane wait again. A month at the most would be acceptable under the circumstances but we would want assurances that it would be done.

Will this be applicable to replace all the hardware we have (seeing as the current design is faulty and very prone to failure)?

May 06, 2014, 12:01:59 PM
I changed my mind about the hosting option 3. I will actually just add the hardware to my already hosted computers here in NJ. I already host tons of distributed computing servers that work very much the same as Miners, but use NVidia Testla card for calculating financial probabilities.

I would just like the shortest path to a safe working miner. Either Option 1 or 2. I don't mind using smaller miners together, as long as they function well.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
May 06, 2014, 11:58:20 AM
More delay tactics.
May 06, 2014, 10:09:34 AM

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
May 06, 2014, 08:05:14 AM
Activity: 378
May 06, 2014, 02:21:57 AM
I'll take option #1, but if you fuckers think that telling customers to calm down when your incompetent "staff" can't bother to be at the office for a package delivery I can't believe that you'll ever be shipping a thing that works.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
May 06, 2014, 12:36:25 AM
AMT I will take option 1 for order 899. I would also consider the scrypt option as well. Please confirm that you have read this
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
May 05, 2014, 09:37:54 PM
AMT_miners, if i choose first option, will you be able to ship miners in this weekend  as you mentioned. and on top of this.what is the compensations? or MPP option you mentioned. like i mentioned i waited half years,still get nothing.
legendary
May 05, 2014, 09:14:20 PM
The pool selection point would be my concern as well. I very very much like the one I use and throwing extra horsepower at it be it hosted or my own would be marvelous...
Still prefer a miner of my own though.
Jump to: