Pages:
Author

Topic: New stratum/getwork proxy with Web-based GUI and pools management - page 15. (Read 120841 times)

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
                                                           ------->Pool A
                                                          |         (Active)
                                                          |
                                                          |
 Single Betarig ------------> proxy stratum---------> Pool B                                            
    (Big renter)                                      |           (Active)                          
                                                          |    
                                                          |                                        
                                                           --------> Pool C
                                                                        (Active)

possible? what would be the config?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
can you set the difficulty with this stratum?
legendary
Change the value of the constant DEFAULT_EXTRANONCE1_TAIL_SIZE in the Constants.java file from 1 to 2.

In all cases, I am interested by the result of your experiment.
Good luck.

Well, more results. got more than 400 connections at least 3 times:

Code:
girino@proxy:~/stratum-proxy-0.6.0-girino-mod$ cat logs/7903/stratum-proxy.log* | grep 'connections active on pool' | grep subscribed | sort -nk 10 | tail
(...)
2015-01-12 13:07:43,775 INFO  [/xxx.xxx.231.200:35784-Thread]: [ProxyManager]    New WorkerConnection /xxx.xxx.231.200:35784 subscribed. 415 connections active on pool Nicehash X11.
2015-01-12 13:28:46,686 INFO  [/xxx.xxx.177.163:57692-Thread]: [ProxyManager]    New WorkerConnection /xxx.xxx.177.163:57692 subscribed. 415 connections active on pool Nicehash X11.
2015-01-13 13:02:54,507 INFO  [/xxx.xxx.141.6:13319-Thread]: [ProxyManager]    New WorkerConnection /xxx.xxx.141.6:13319 subscribed. 415 connections active on pool Westhash X11.
(...)

legendary
Tried to recompile the latest version from github and got the following error in the "log" pane from the web interface (click to enlarge):

Fixed

thanks.

still a tiny bug: the list still shows "trace" as default value, even tough i have  "logLevel" : "INFO" in my conf file.
legendary
Tried to recompile the latest version from github and got the following error in the "log" pane from the web interface (click to enlarge):

Fixed

thanks.
Activity: 217
Merit: 100

Fixed
legendary

legendary
how would you set this up for sha256, and scrypt, on one instace isscrypt false?, and on the next iscrypt true, and of course different ports

To run several instances of the proxy on a same host, you have indeed to change (or disable) the 3 ports for stratum, getwork and API, but you also have to set a different databaseDirectory for each instance through the "databaseDirectory" directory parameter.

Im not sure how to do that, is there a way you could show me what I need to do...this is still all new to me, I like it, but still dumb to it.
I am using asics, so I know the conf will be diferent,

in the config file - change the ports ( i changed all of them to the next consecutive one - eg proxy 1 - 3333 / 8332 / 8888 ... proxy 2 - 3334 / 8333 / 8889 ) and also set the log file ( settign right at the beginning of the conf file ) to a different directory for EACH of the proxies ... that way - you dont overlap / overwrite any of the log files ...

im using 0.5.1 release ( not compiled ) on a scientific linux 6.5 server ( rhel linux distro ) with 16GB high performance ram and 24TB RAID storage ( its also a data storage server ) and it run very well without a flaw ... each of the 6 proxies are pointing / connecting to a different pool and the miners ( a mix of ccminer and sgminer ) are mining / pointed at different proxies on the same host / server ...

eg miner 1 - ./sgminer -k x11 stratum+tcp://192.168.0.205:3333 etc ( proxy 1 - granitecoin ) ... miner 2 - ./sgminer -k neoscrypt stratum+tcp://192.168.0.205:3334 etc ( proxy 2 - yaamp neoscrypt ) ... miner 3 - ./ccminer -a lyre2re stratum+tcp://192.168.0.205:3335 etc ( proxy 3 - westhash lyre2re ) ... etc ...

all these miners are using stratum and none using getwork ( port 8332 - proxy 1 ... port 8333 - proxy 2 ... port 8334 - proxy 3 ... etc ) ...

very very very stable ...

i actually have 3 of the proxies pointed to different mining pools for granitecoin ... https://coinking.io ( which is setup for grn / x11 ) - http://aikapool.com/grn/ - http://www.zpool.co/pool/grn/x11 ...

so in sgminer ( unfortunately not for ccminer - yet ( i hope ) ) i just use --failover-only and assign the next proxy thats on the list ...

the other miners i use for multipool yaamp and westhash ... and one proxy that i change often ( which has multiple conf files ) depending on what i want to mine for the rest of the workers in the farm ...

hope this helps ...

#crysx
legendary
how would you set this up for sha256, and scrypt, on one instace isscrypt false?, and on the next iscrypt true, and of course different ports

To run several instances of the proxy on a same host, you have indeed to change (or disable) the 3 ports for stratum, getwork and API, but you also have to set a different databaseDirectory for each instance through the "databaseDirectory" directory parameter.

exactly what i have done ...

one server and 6 proxies on the same server ...

different ports - different pools - different log directories ...

works like a charm ... just awesome ...

#crysx
legendary
Hi,

i've been using this proxy for quite sometime and it is great. I just need to know a little more about this:

-Up to 256 workers at the same time (stratum and getwork)

1- is this the number of workers, or the number of connections? Can I have a single worker with 300 connections, for example?
2- is this a restriction of the architecture or can this be changed? (I don't mind having to compile the code to increase it, just need to know where to change it).

I have being looking into to the code and have not seen this restriction coded anywhere, that's why i asked question 2.

Thanks in advance,
Girino.

This is a limit on the number of connections.

You can try to increase this limit to 65536 connections by modifying a constant in the source code. It should work but I never tested it. The drawback is that you may have problems with Nicehash. It should be rare but it may happen depending on the pool of the job you will work on (But you have no control on that). The symptom will be a disconnection of the pool with the message "The extranonce2Size for the pool nameOfThePool is too low. Size: X, mininum needed Y.". But on the next reconnection of the pool (if you are lucky), the problem will vanish since Nicehash will affect you on a different job.

Change the value of the constant DEFAULT_EXTRANONCE1_TAIL_SIZE in the Constants.java file from 1 to 2.

In all cases, I am interested by the result of your experiment.
Good luck.

Got this error today for the first time (2 days running) and apparently it didn't really affect my hashrate:

Code:
The pool extranonce2 size is too low (2). Minimum is 3

so i ' m probably not rolling back the change unless it occurs more frequently. Its working great for the moment.
legendary

so example

-Xmx64M for 64mb?

Yes

so example

are 64mb enough to run it?

It depends of the number of workers connected on the proxy. I have had the proxy run with only 16mb with 4 workers. But you should experiment several values. It also depends if you run the proxy on a 32 bits or 64 bits JVM (64 bits will need more memory).

If the memory is too low, you will surely see some MemoryError in the logs or see a high CPU usage of the proxy.

i'm running it with 4 workers yes, and it give me plenty of error sometimes, refuse connection/closed connection, after that it stuck there and i must restart the whole vps

You have to restart the VPS when the proxy craches ?  Huh
I rarelly saw a simple process craching a whole system since Windows 98... (and never on Linux)

yeah it stuck there, ctrl+c doesn't work
Activity: 229
https://forum.positroncrypto.com/

Im not sure how to do that, is there a way you could show me what I need to do...this is still all new to me, I like it, but still dumb to it.
I am using asics, so I know the conf will be diferent,
Activity: 229
https://forum.positroncrypto.com/
my proxy is up, and working great.
I can not connect my miners to it, updated cgminer on one of my antminer s3 to 4.6.1,  this one still will not connect.

do I need to assign my proxy a port, then connect my miners to that port?
lol I got it, just was not reading  Cool

its connected to the westhash pool, just not showing any hash..
now its showing all rejects....cgminer is updated, and bfgminer is updated as needed, I'm missing something

so example

-Xmx64M for 64mb?

Yes

so example

It depends of the number of workers connected on the proxy. I have had the proxy run with only 16mb with 4 workers. But you should experiment several values. It also depends if you run the proxy on a 32 bits or 64 bits JVM (64 bits will need more memory).

If the memory is too low, you will surely see some MemoryError in the logs or see a high CPU usage of the proxy.

i'm running it with 4 workers yes, and it give me plenty of error sometimes, refuse connection/closed connection, after that it stuck there and i must restart the whole vps

You have to restart the VPS when the proxy craches ?  Huh
I rarelly saw a simple process craching a whole system since Windows 98... (and never on Linux)
legendary

so example

-Xmx64M for 64mb?

Yes

so example

so example

-Xmx64M for 64mb?

Yes

so example

legendary
I will need your complete log file to help you.

How much RAM the proxy take on your computer ? You can try to lower the RAM consumption by adding the -XmxYYYM before the -jar option on the command line where YYY is the max memory size in MB for the java heap space (the java process will still consume a bit more than this specified size).

You can try with a 64MB size.

so example

-Xmx64M for 64mb?

Pages:
Jump to: