Pages:
Author

Topic: New stratum/getwork proxy with Web-based GUI and pools management - page 14. (Read 120840 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

i tried that also - but will not work ...

spreadcoin is the one i tried using this method with - and the straight stratum method ... both of which failed ...

i too would be interested if this proxy would allow solo mining ...

tanx ...

#crysx

well, for spreadcoin you have two problems:
1- this proxy works with stratum, and solo mining uses "getwork", a different protocol.
2- spreadcoin has severely modified getwork to send a bunch of parameters that are needed for it, but are not present in other coins, so even if this proxy was to support it, it would need lots of changes in order to support spreadcoin.

thanks for the responses
so this proxy only works with stratum pools?
legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
I looked through a few pages here and maybe i missed something, but does this only work for pools or does this allow you to mine the local wallet too? i know solo mining btc will be unprofitable albeit impossible without petahashes worth of equipment. im just trying to figure out statum-proxy 0.6.0 and setup solo pools to different low difficulty coins wallets. if this is capable, i have yet to figure it out. here is my stratum-proxy.conf file
Code:
{
  "pools" :
  [
  {
    "name" : "coin",
    "host" : "127.0.0.1:xxxx",
    "user" : "coinuser",
    "password" : "password",
    "enableExtranonceSubscribe" : false
  }
  ]
}

the port xxxx isnt the port im using just an example and is the same as my rpc port in the coins conf file. the coin's conf also contains "listen=1" and ive allowed all ip's using "allowip=*.*.*.*" just in case i was messing something up there. however cgminer is able to connect and mine on the same computer, the same wallets, with the same settings no problem.

here is an excerpt from the logfile. it says nothing else and keeps repeating ever 5 secs

Code:
2015-02-02 15:22:15,127 ERROR    [Pool-coin-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.pool.Pool - Disconnect of pool Pool [name=coin, host=127.0.0.1:xxxx, username=coinuser, password=password, readySince=null, isReady=false, isEnabled=true, isStable=false, priority=0, weight=1].

2015-02-02 15:22:15,129 WARN     [Pool-coin-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.manager.ProxyManager - Pool coin is DOWN. Moving connections to another one.

2015-02-02 15:22:15,131 INFO     [Pool-coin-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.pool.Pool - Pool coin stopped.

2015-02-02 15:22:15,133 INFO     [Pool-coin-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.pool.Pool - Trying reconnect of pool coin in 5.0 seconds.

i found this in the cmd window

Code:
java.io.EOFException: Connection closed.
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.network.StratumConnection$1.run(StratumConnection.java:164)

any help would be appreciated. thanks

spreadcoin is the one i tried using this method with - and the straight stratum method ... both of which failed ...

tanx ...

#crysx

1- this proxy works with stratum, and solo mining uses "getwork", a different protocol.
2- spreadcoin has severely modified getwork to send a bunch of parameters that are needed for it, but are not present in other coins, so even if this proxy was to support it, it would need lots of changes in order to support spreadcoin.

i figured it would be something along those lines girino ...

tanx for the explanation ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
I looked through a few pages here and maybe i missed something, but does this only work for pools or does this allow you to mine the local wallet too? i know solo mining btc will be unprofitable albeit impossible without petahashes worth of equipment. im just trying to figure out statum-proxy 0.6.0 and setup solo pools to different low difficulty coins wallets. if this is capable, i have yet to figure it out. here is my stratum-proxy.conf file
Code:
{
  "pools" :
  [
  {
  }
  ]
}

the port xxxx isnt the port im using just an example and is the same as my rpc port in the coins conf file. the coin's conf also contains "listen=1" and ive allowed all ip's using "allowip=*.*.*.*" just in case i was messing something up there. however cgminer is able to connect and mine on the same computer, the same wallets, with the same settings no problem.

here is an excerpt from the logfile. it says nothing else and keeps repeating ever 5 secs

Code:
2015-02-02 15:22:15,127 ERROR    [Pool-coin-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.pool.Pool - Disconnect of pool Pool [name=coin, host=127.0.0.1:xxxx, username=coinuser, password=password, readySince=null, isReady=false, isEnabled=true, isStable=false, priority=0, weight=1].

2015-02-02 15:22:15,129 WARN     [Pool-coin-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.manager.ProxyManager - Pool coin is DOWN. Moving connections to another one.

2015-02-02 15:22:15,131 INFO     [Pool-coin-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.pool.Pool - Pool coin stopped.

2015-02-02 15:22:15,133 INFO     [Pool-coin-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.pool.Pool - Trying reconnect of pool coin in 5.0 seconds.

Code:
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.network.StratumConnection$1.run(StratumConnection.java:164)

tanx ...

#crysx

legendary
Code:
{
  "pools" :
  [
  {
  }
  ]
}

Code:

Code:

tanx ...

#crysx
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Code:
{
  "pools" :
  [
  {
  }
  ]
}

Code:

Code:

Activity: 217
Merit: 100
Did you have any problems with MRR (MiningRigRentals) when testing ?

MRR connects on Port 3333 usually but then redirects me to another Port, lets say 50002, often this redirect does not work so the Pool gets marked as DOWN and tries to reconnect every 5 seconds which still does not work.. A few restarts of the Pool then finally succeed.

If I connect my rigs directly to MRR - no problem.

Could you please send me your log file when you try to use MRR ? MRR surely uses the reconnect stratum notification (which should be supported by the proxy), but unfortunately I was not able to test it for real. It may be a bug in the management of this kind of notification.
legendary

MRR connects on Port 3333 usually but then redirects me to another Port, lets say 50002, often this redirect does not work so the Pool gets marked as DOWN and tries to reconnect every 5 seconds which still does not work.. A few restarts of the Pool then finally succeed.

I have issues with MRR but the other way around: i never succeed to make MRR connect to the proxy when renting hashrate from them. (i was trying to do some "arbitrage" with hash prices, so every time MRR was cheaper than nicehash i would buy MRR to mine on nicehash, sometimes it works, but most of the times it fails with MRR rented rigs not connecting or not hashing on the proxy)
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

legendary
New release: 0.6.0

It can be downloaded here: https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy/releases

Changes:
-Bug fix : All share where rejected with message Invalid Extrnaonce 2 size when the pool sent a new extranonce2Size through a notification. (Only Nicehash was impacted)
-Bug fix : Pool was not declared as DOWN when a bad extranonce2Size was sent.
-Add the real share difficulty logging on the Getwork connections with "logRealShareDifficulty"
-Add the Getwork shares validation for the Scrypt with "validateGetworkShares" and "isScrypt": true
-Bug #23 fixed : Accept non numeric ids in JSON-RPC requests to support last versions of BFGminer.
-Bug #24 fixed : Username is mandatory only if "appendWorkerNames" is disabled and password is mandatory only if "useWorkerPassword" is disabled.
-Update Bootstrap to 3.3.1, bootstrap-select to 1.6.3 and highsotock to 2.0.4
-GUI technical refactoring.
-Add i18n (Only English and French at the moment)
-Add the proxy version in the footer
-Add the difficulty counters on users page.
-Add workerNumberLimit parameters to set the maximum number of workers connected on the proxy (256 or 65536 workers)
-Update the API documentation in README

/!\ There are some changes in the configuration file. You may have to modify your old configuration files.

pfool can you pls compile latest version ? i think it's 0.60 ?

thx

I saw your post during the packaging process Smiley

awesome - will be testing over the next two days ...

tanx ...

#crysx
New release: 0.6.0

It can be downloaded here: https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy/releases

Changes:
-Bug fix : All share where rejected with message Invalid Extrnaonce 2 size when the pool sent a new extranonce2Size through a notification. (Only Nicehash was impacted)
-Bug fix : Pool was not declared as DOWN when a bad extranonce2Size was sent.
-Add the real share difficulty logging on the Getwork connections with "logRealShareDifficulty"
-Add the Getwork shares validation for the Scrypt with "validateGetworkShares" and "isScrypt": true
-Bug #23 fixed : Accept non numeric ids in JSON-RPC requests to support last versions of BFGminer.
-Bug #24 fixed : Username is mandatory only if "appendWorkerNames" is disabled and password is mandatory only if "useWorkerPassword" is disabled.
-Update Bootstrap to 3.3.1, bootstrap-select to 1.6.3 and highsotock to 2.0.4
-GUI technical refactoring.
-Add i18n (Only English and French at the moment)
-Add the proxy version in the footer
-Add the difficulty counters on users page.
-Add workerNumberLimit parameters to set the maximum number of workers connected on the proxy (256 or 65536 workers)
-Update the API documentation in README

/!\ There are some changes in the configuration file. You may have to modify your old configuration files.

thx

I saw your post during the packaging process Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine

thx
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
For anyone asking about the round robin setup, here is my experience with it.

I have things setup like this:

--------->Pool A
                                                          |            (Active)
                                                          |
                                                          |
My rigs ------------> proxy stratum--------------> Pool B                                           
                                                          |            (Active)                         
                                                          |   
                                                          |                                       
                                                           --------> Pool C
                                                          |             (Active)
                                                          |
                                                          |
                                                           --------> Pool D
                                                                        (Active)

I have this set in my config:

"poolSwitchingStrategy": "WeightedRoundRobin",
  "weightedRoundRobinRoundDuration": 60,

For pool A:
    "weight" : 12,

For pools B,C,D:
    "weight" : 1,

With this setup:

If pool A is available, all hashing is sent there. If pool A is unavailable, hash is split over these pools evenly over an hour. I haven't changed this for a while, so I may not recall all of this exactly. I don't think I tried to make the weights different for the other pools, so I don't know how that would affect things.
legendary
I'm having a strange issue.

I've got a config

stratum-proxy-x13.conf

And i start it with

java -jar stratum-proxy.jar -f stratum-proxy-x13.conf

without problems.

Now I want to add a second proxy, for x15, I change all the ports from 3333 to something else that there are no collisions but as soon as I fire up the second stratum, with stratum-proxy-x15.conf for example, BOTH pool connections fail due to "Connection Reset"..

When I stop one, the other one works.

Isn't it possible to have multiple proxys on one machine here ?

I have 3 of them on my machine. You need to change lots of things, namely:
 "logDirectory"
 "stratumListenPort"
 "getworkListenPort"
 "apiListenPort"
 "databaseDirectory"

exactly ... the log file gets overwritten consistently and the database also ...

i have 7 proxies sitting in one machine mining different pools / coins ...

the easiest way is simply to put them all into different directories and run them from each separate directories ( all mine run from automatic scripts ( very basic scripts at that - but they work ) ive written ) - making sure that every single one has different database / log directories as girino pointed out ...

though due to the placement in different directories - i dont specify the database directory - its automatically placed in the current folder its run from ...

#crysx
legendary

I've got a config

stratum-proxy-x13.conf

And i start it with

without problems.

Now I want to add a second proxy, for x15, I change all the ports from 3333 to something else that there are no collisions but as soon as I fire up the second stratum, with stratum-proxy-x15.conf for example, BOTH pool connections fail due to "Connection Reset"..

I have 3 of them on my machine. You need to change lots of things, namely:
 "logDirectory"
 "stratumListenPort"
 "getworkListenPort"
 "apiListenPort"
 "databaseDirectory"
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

I've got a config

stratum-proxy-x13.conf

And i start it with

without problems.

Activity: 279
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
legendary