Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 116. (Read 371132 times)

Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money
Hello Smiley nice to see a wp. I just read it and have some questions that maybe someone else knows.

I dont understand how xfual will be created? Is it like gas is created on neo? Will the max of xfual be 250880000 coins? How fast will it be created?

If xfual purpose is to fill the static nodes to have a minimal of xby is circulation at all times why not state that a maximum of 70% of xby can be used to create static nodes? Why is the new token needed to fulfill this purpose?

What would determine the value of xfual? Free market demand? Will the value of xfual be enough to fund development since the function of xfual is limited in comparison to xby?

from the wp: " Starting with XBY/XFUEL as the initial pairing, we will demonstrate coin creation, proof-of-concept, functionality, and operation of the X-CHANGE module" I thought coin creation was not supposed to be possible on xby? I probably read this incorrect but for me this mean that icos can be created?

Have some more questions about the modules  Smiley but will ask them at a later time since I already have that many questions  Grin
Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Great work team!!  Now there is an official document to point people to.  

"With Proof-of-Signature requiring that every node sign every transaction, the entirety of the STATIC node network would need to be compromised simultaneously to undermine the integrity of the blockchain. Furthermore, by leveraging the use of digital signatures extensively in security algorithms, the XTRABYTES developers go several steps further than SSL and Microsoft's signed software to ensure the security of the signature protocol."

Next step, the ability to employ teams.  And spreading the word.  But this is a fantastic description of what sets XTRABYTES a part from the rest.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
ANN is now updated to include WHITEPAPER download links. Top and Bottom!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18538512

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

XTRABYTES WHITEPAPER

We are happy to present VERSION 1.0 (NON-Technical) Whitepaper for XBY.

Please visit: https://xtrabytes.global/ and click the button to download.

Thank you all for your patience!

The XTRABYTES Crew!

Well done!!  Wink

Congrats on the release  Smiley Smiley
Sooo if I wanted to get a L2 node, how do I go about doing that?  Are they available yet?

Also congrats on the white paper being released.

We will be releasing more information about STATIC registration as soon as the wallet has been adapted for all 3 levels of registration. To prepare, you will want to make sure you have enough XBY to cover the deposit and fees. If you want to use XFUEL also, you can see about buying some from one of our developers or helpers because this is the only place currently. Otherwise, X-CHANGE will come online as soon as the programming has been completed and you will find XFUEL available there.

Thank you!

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Is PoSign explained in layman terms anywhere? thanks  Wink

Give this a read as well.    https://medium.com/@xxxxxxxddfeutt/how-the-xtrabytes-blockchain-works-69979081bf42

"With regard to network lag, this is not relevant because the network is virtual. Therefore if lag exists it is equal across the entire virtual network. So, the virtual overview network or the Virtual Chord Network solves the problem."

There are many community members who understand how the tech would work much more than I do.  Also, there has been some very good conversations in the Slack.  Shoot me a PM and I can get you added.

Thanks, that was what I was looking for!!  Cheesy

with this and the white paper I think I'm good to go  Wink
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Sooo if I wanted to get a L2 node, how do I go about doing that?  Are they available yet?

Also congrats on the white paper being released.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

XTRABYTES WHITEPAPER

The XTRABYTES Crew!

Very very good job there!
Activity: 38
Good read. You guys are putting in a lot of work.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036
Weird, the last 4 posts on the previous page are exact duplicates of posts from a few weeks ago. One of them is even mine. Is there something going on with bitcointalk?

I don't see what you see Boss...

Look at the last post on the previous page. Then look at this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.22126921

The other 2 or 3 posts are duplicates from a few weeks ago as well.

Ya, that is quite odd. And coming from a different member who has never posted here before. Must be a glitch of some sort.

that'd be someone farming accounts, either to sell or use for airdrops.
I have no words. Literally. This is your whitepaper? It's a rewrite of the ANN page, with some horrible editing skills. Look at your abstract, seriously, W, T, F? Selling and never looking back. Good luck cheerleaders, you need to work a lot harder than posting a few "to the moon", "chu chu", "no way this is under the radar still".

Just, wow.

To be honest, every single one of your posts in this thread has been you being extremely passive aggressive to everyone for whatever reason. Not sure what your problem has been, but cya I guess (for the second time, you made a similar post a few months ago).

Good time to start my vacation to Europe, see all of you in a week. WP is solid.  Smiley

Enjoy Boss!! Thanks for always being here Smiley
Activity: 210
I have no words. Literally. This is your whitepaper? It's a rewrite of the ANN page, with some horrible editing skills. Look at your abstract, seriously, W, T, F? Selling and never looking back. Good luck cheerleaders, you need to work a lot harder than posting a few "to the moon", "chu chu", "no way this is under the radar still".

Just, wow.

To be honest, every single one of your posts in this thread has been you being extremely passive aggressive to everyone for whatever reason. Not sure what your problem has been, but cya I guess (for the second time, you made a similar post a few months ago).

Good time to start my vacation to Europe, see all of you in a week. For an initial non-technical WP it is solid.  Smiley
Activity: 32

Just, wow.
Excellent, will read this with my coffee.  Smiley

XTRABYTES WHITEPAPER

The XTRABYTES Crew!

Activity: 307
Merit: 250
little bit of a pop today. hopefully its the start. no reason XBY shouldnt be at 10ml$ cap
I can be inclined to hype but reading between the lines of what ccrev and team have been saying recently there is very little time until.a lot gets dropped. I cant see xby staying under 1000 sats once the news starts soon!

Ccrev last slack posts suggest we are only days away now. So im calling a moon coming really really soon!

Its a clique but true that this is the last chance for cheap xby.....the train really is about to leave the station....chu chu!

Please stop with all this moon soon crap. One's moon is other's ground and therefore this is very subjective.
xby has got nice visions and revolutionary concept, but as well quite a few hiccups down the road.

But as per my signature, there is no wrong time to invest unless you will not invest at all. Wink

Haha, I think that post you are quoting is one of the duplicates I was talking about above, I remember some other user posting it from a few weeks ago.  Smiley

Your point still stands though regardless.  Smiley
Activity: 182
I can be inclined to hype but reading between the lines of what ccrev and team have been saying recently there is very little time until.a lot gets dropped. I cant see xby staying under 1000 sats once the news starts soon!

Ccrev last slack posts suggest we are only days away now. So im calling a moon coming really really soon!

Its a clique but true that this is the last chance for cheap xby.....the train really is about to leave the station....chu chu!

Please stop with all this moon soon crap. One's moon is other's ground and therefore this is very subjective.
xby has got nice visions and revolutionary concept, but as well quite a few hiccups down the road.

But as per my signature, there is no wrong time to invest unless you will not invest at all. Wink
Weird, the last 4 posts on the previous page are exact duplicates of posts from a few weeks ago. One of them is even mine. Is there something going on with bitcointalk?

I don't see what you see Boss...

Look at the last post on the previous page. Then look at this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.22126921

The other 2 or 3 posts are duplicates from a few weeks ago as well.

Ya, that is quite odd. And coming from a different member who has never posted here before. Must be a glitch of some sort.
Well, this is your preference. The community asked for simple information, not a novel. This team prefers to be anonymous and that is their right. The tech will speak for itself and if you want to become part of it great, if not, this is also your choice. We do our best to give what the community is asking for because they are helping us to spread the word. Otherwise, people don't work for free and this is the answer to your question and one of the first reasons for XFUEL. Not sure if you know the history of our project or not, but we are not funded like other coins.

Thank you for your comments!

I know the history and I have been holding XBY for quite some time.

Yes, the community asked for a website, but how did it take month to finish an extended ANN-webpage. Sure, design is always subjective. But I'm talking about uneven margins, cramped spaces and pretty much just the information from the ANN. This is literally a few days of work at most, not 3 month. And yes, of course it's everybodys right to remain anonymous.

Hopefully the tech will "speak for itself" and attract more people. But tbh I'm underwhelmed after all this time with the public side of things.

It sorta sounds like you are a web developer. If you can do a better job, great! This was all done almost for free by community volunteers, in their spare time obviously. So, lets have you do the same, for free and if you come up with something better, faster, you are right. If not, then maybe its best not to talk down your own investment? Unless of course you are hoping to drive the price down further to pick up some more...

What has been delivered is a fantastic job that we are all very happy about. It matches our current branding and we are moving forward to other things. If there are adjustments needed, they will be made. You are welcome to join the Slack to help with your suggested edits and adjustments.

In the future, we have a development budget and will not face this sort of issue again.

Thank you again for being here and we do appreciate the critiques and I can assure you that the website will be corrected if there are still issues outstanding.

Jump to: