Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 177. (Read 371134 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
I accept XBY/XFUEL
I just saw that XBY can also be traded on tradesatoshi! Anybody with an account over there can confirm here?

https://tradesatoshi.com/Exchange?market=XBY_BTC

Just thought I'd share this. I think we need one person from the team who manages exchanges + inquiries for XBY  Grin
Activity: 299
Merit: 100
Uptrend has been nice! What's XBY expected to reach in say 6 months time?

The moon?!!!  Grin

Who knows. But I would say the price right now is very undervalued. There is so much going on like rebranding, new website being developed and testnet to name a few that I can see the uptrend continuing.

Do you know if the roadmap will be out with the website or at a different time?

It will be out with the website
Activity: 17
Merit: 0

The moon?!!!  Grin

Who knows. But I would say the price right now is very undervalued. There is so much going on like rebranding, new website being developed and testnet to name a few that I can see the uptrend continuing.

Do you know if the roadmap will be out with the website or at a different time?
Activity: 139

The moon?!!!  Grin

You are 100% right.
Activity: 38

The moon?!!!  Grin

"Nodes have the potential to be much more than your typical MN.

And with the amount of innovation by developers, etc . . creating modules that would be supported by the node network.  As such, it makes sense that node owners would be compensated in some way moving forward."

From Fishfishfish313 in the XBY Slack.

The Slack is where all the action is.

Ah ok so maybe it's all just powered by XBY
Activity: 10
Activity: 139
Hi

1. Iv read alot mentioning the word app along with the modules, as if it was the same.
But wouldent u need to build/code a module first, in order to install things like a android app on to it or several apps on this single module??
Cuz i imagine a company would like to build just one module and then being able to put on top of this whatever they wanted.
Or would they need a new module for every program or game added??

2. Would it atleast in theory be possible to take already created android or apple apps and tweak them a bit and then add them to the XBY modules??
I have no clue what code language is used for apps to be honest.
But i keep hearing XBY will be able to handle many different.

3. Last question and the one im most curious of.
We all know of game apps like Clash of clans and where u can buy Gems or tokens in order to do many things within the game.
Is it possible to imagine XBY could strike some kind of deal that would farvor gamebuilders to incorperate the XBY coin into this payment system of the game and so it becomes win/win for game devs and XBY holders + the dev fund??
Cuz the ingame name of the tokens could still be whatever.
So the game devs could buy coins (huge amounts) on whatever EX and then within the game the XBY coin becomes "Gems" if its Clash of clans and the game devs decides the ratio between the two and could make a killing.
Especially when the XBY just keeps going up in value over time, instead of now where they all have their game tokens pegged to dollars or Euro which are inflating every year and banks pay no intrest on the money the creaters earn and have sitting in whatever Bank account.
Also having fiat in a bank is a huge risk these days.
This risk is normally what u are getting paid for, by recieving intrest.
At the same time, the XBY corporation could get a cut of their profit for whatever deal they strike.

Anyway...just trying to see the potential here.
Have been reading to long with no acc in order to ask questions before today.

Thx

Hi Nick

Thanks for asking. In my understanding:

1. You can build on top of the platform however you wish. I would imagine separate games would use separate modules.

2. That is correct. You can take apps that are already created and plunk them right on top of a module.

3. Every application would have it's own coin use. Mainly, applications would be "voted on" by using XTRABYTES coins.

If 2. is correct from what u say, then that could be HUGE!!
There is Sooo much money in these apps.
I guees i see what u are saying. So this module would obv be build so it could "talk" with the app u wonna put on it.
Then a question within my question would be, what language is used for apps and can a little team that only knows how to code apps (android geeks) be able to figure out the coding of modules themself?
Cuz otherwise we would only attract the bigger devs with resources to hire new crypto devs.
I assume small projects would be prefered in the beginning.
No huge game company is gonna take such a risk imho.

3. I dont understand your answer.
So u dont expect it being possible to peg the xby coin to whatever token they wonna use ingame?

#2 is not possible; it's available to happen once the modules are all live. We should see testing soon(TM). From my understanding, Android, which is a Java based language, will be available to code with on the platform.

3. It wouldn't be possible as XTRABYTES main use for its tokens will be to vote on actual applications implented. Think of it like a review system almost. It's kind of hard to explain.

Check out my article below.

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@t0mpee/so-here-s-a-rough-idea-of-my-understanding-of-xtrabytes-and-why-it-will-be-a-direct-competitor-with-other-coins-soon

I understand the static will be used for voting.
But i dont see why coins not held in a node wouldent be possible to have a function like any other currency.
From my understanding, u cant really vote on anything unless u either have a lvl 1 or 2 static node.

I think you are right. From previous conversation I read it was stated that most voting and decision taken will MOSTLY be undertaking by static node holders.
I stand to be corrected if wrong!
Activity: 345
Merit: 105
"Nodes have the potential to be much more than your typical MN.

And with the amount of innovation by developers, etc . . creating modules that would be supported by the node network.  As such, it makes sense that node owners would be compensated in some way moving forward."

From Fishfishfish313 in the XBY Slack.

The Slack is where all the action is.
Activity: 66
Hi

1. Iv read alot mentioning the word app along with the modules, as if it was the same.
But wouldent u need to build/code a module first, in order to install things like a android app on to it or several apps on this single module??
Cuz i imagine a company would like to build just one module and then being able to put on top of this whatever they wanted.
Or would they need a new module for every program or game added??

2. Would it atleast in theory be possible to take already created android or apple apps and tweak them a bit and then add them to the XBY modules??
I have no clue what code language is used for apps to be honest.
But i keep hearing XBY will be able to handle many different.

3. Last question and the one im most curious of.
We all know of game apps like Clash of clans and where u can buy Gems or tokens in order to do many things within the game.
Is it possible to imagine XBY could strike some kind of deal that would farvor gamebuilders to incorperate the XBY coin into this payment system of the game and so it becomes win/win for game devs and XBY holders + the dev fund??
Cuz the ingame name of the tokens could still be whatever.
So the game devs could buy coins (huge amounts) on whatever EX and then within the game the XBY coin becomes "Gems" if its Clash of clans and the game devs decides the ratio between the two and could make a killing.
Especially when the XBY just keeps going up in value over time, instead of now where they all have their game tokens pegged to dollars or Euro which are inflating every year and banks pay no intrest on the money the creaters earn and have sitting in whatever Bank account.
Also having fiat in a bank is a huge risk these days.
This risk is normally what u are getting paid for, by recieving intrest.
At the same time, the XBY corporation could get a cut of their profit for whatever deal they strike.

Anyway...just trying to see the potential here.
Have been reading to long with no acc in order to ask questions before today.

Thx

Hi Nick

Thanks for asking. In my understanding:

1. You can build on top of the platform however you wish. I would imagine separate games would use separate modules.

2. That is correct. You can take apps that are already created and plunk them right on top of a module.

3. Every application would have it's own coin use. Mainly, applications would be "voted on" by using XTRABYTES coins.

If 2. is correct from what u say, then that could be HUGE!!
There is Sooo much money in these apps.
I guees i see what u are saying. So this module would obv be build so it could "talk" with the app u wonna put on it.
Then a question within my question would be, what language is used for apps and can a little team that only knows how to code apps (android geeks) be able to figure out the coding of modules themself?
Cuz otherwise we would only attract the bigger devs with resources to hire new crypto devs.
I assume small projects would be prefered in the beginning.
No huge game company is gonna take such a risk imho.

3. I dont understand your answer.
So u dont expect it being possible to peg the xby coin to whatever token they wonna use ingame?

#2 is not possible; it's available to happen once the modules are all live. We should see testing soon(TM). From my understanding, Android, which is a Java based language, will be available to code with on the platform.

3. It wouldn't be possible as XTRABYTES main use for its tokens will be to vote on actual applications implented. Think of it like a review system almost. It's kind of hard to explain.

Check out my article below.

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@t0mpee/so-here-s-a-rough-idea-of-my-understanding-of-xtrabytes-and-why-it-will-be-a-direct-competitor-with-other-coins-soon

I understand the static will be used for voting.
But i dont see why coins not held in a node wouldent be possible to have a function like any other currency.
From my understanding, u cant really vote on anything unless u either have a lvl 1 or 2 static node.
Hello! This looks like an interesting idea, is it supposed to be similar to ETH/NEO? Will it use xby as gas or will there be no system at all?

Had to make an account just to ask!  Grin
Activity: 299
With regards to apps that get built/added on top of XBY the Slack community is fully behind early adopters.  All my XBY nodes (25) will support early adopter apps.

So the nodes themselves will dictate who goes onto the platform?

From what I've understood here will be some consensus mechanism to keep the modules/apps on the blockchain clean and wanted by the community.
Activity: 173
With regards to apps that get built/added on top of XBY the Slack community is fully behind early adopters.  All my XBY nodes (25) will support early adopter apps.

That's great CCNCCN!  Thanks!

My understanding was the transactions and coins themselves would support the modules or applications. Maybe someone else can elaborate?

i was confused by your post - i don't understand what you mean by transactions and coins support.  Considering the approaches that can be taken for add-ons I wanted to cover off for potential developers the one that would be the most restrictive (ala node support).  Most any other approach is back to community support which there is a tonne of to support developers.
Activity: 19

My understanding was the transactions and coins themselves would support the modules or applications. Maybe someone else can elaborate?

Activity: 260
Merit: 251
Check out the XBY Lambo meter.

http://xtrabytes.me/lambo
haha Nice Cheesy but wait a second please I want to buy more! dont send it yet to the moon  Cheesy
This BTC confirmations time make me want to smash my pc
Activity: 173
Cryptopia...652 Sat...glad I bought a few more today in the high 500's.

Can't wait til this breaks 2k soon. Grin Grin Grin
Cryptopia...652 Sat...glad I bought a few more today in the high 500's.
Jump to: