Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEW][ANONYMOUS][SHA256/SCRYPT/SCRYPT-N/X11/NEO]CoinKing.io - page 16. (Read 60858 times)

Activity: 170
Merit: 100
NovaCoin (Scrypt) has suddenly exploded in value on Cryptsy. 
This is not a new coin, so I'm surprised that it's not available for mining on CoinKing.  Would it be possible to quickly add it while the coin is still profitable?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
**UPDATE 9/4/2014 **
http://blog.coinking.io/new-stratums-are-live/

First and foremost I would like to thank everyone that helped us test the new stratum code on the beta servers as we worked out the bugs and tweaked the code. Without the assistance from everyone involved we would not have been able to reliably roll this out . So again, a gigantic thank you to everyone who helped.

Second, I would also like to thank everyone that has stuck with us through the server issues of a few weeks ago. Your patience and kind words on IRC and e-mail during that time went a long way to maintaining our sanity as all hands were on deck to rectify the problem. I have always felt that we have a tight knit group of users, especially on IRC, and that further emphasized the point to us.

With all of that said, we have some exciting news. Our new stratum code is finally complete and ready to rock. There has been countless hours poured in to the code on these to absolutely ensure that they are running as efficiently and reliably as possible. While there are hundreds of changes under the hood I would like to point out a few of the major differences that you will notice visibly and also what changes, if any, that you may need to make to your miners.

One Port
    We have simplified the mining experience. All of your workers will now connect to just one port per algorithm. No more worrying about what port to connect to for a specific coin. Which brings up …

Live Coin Switching
    All of your workers will now connect to a single port and you will be able to switch the coin that your workers are mining via our website. You will never have to disconnect your miner to switch coins again. Everything is controlled via the website’s interface. At work or school and cannot reach your miner? No problem, just log in to the site and switch your coin. Want to switch between the multiport and a specific coin? One click on the site is all it takes. No downtime, no rejected shares or lost work. It all happens in real-time.

Static Worker Difficulty
    We have received numerous requests for this over the last few months. You will now be able to set the difficulty of your worker account via the new worker page. No more variable difficulty resulting in lost or rejected work during the difficulty changes. Like the coin switching, this is done in real-time without disconnecting or reconnecting your miner. Changes made via the website will be pushed immediately to your workers.

Worker Health Status
    This is a new feature that we thought was very important as we migrate to static difficulty. We receive numerous requests asking what your worker difficulty should be tuned to and this feature should answer those questions for you. As you mine we will actively analyze your data across multiple data points in real-time and determine a correct difficulty setting for your worker to obtain the highest efficiency and most accurate payouts. This feature is available on the workers page and will actively change as you mine. Simply hover over the health icon for a synopsis of what our servers have determined.

More Aggressive Multiport Coin Switching
    Another added bonus of building this from the ground up was the ability to tweak code that we may not have otherwise been able to in the past. From this point forward we will have the ability to push coin switching to the multiports more aggressively than before without the risk of losing any shares from your miners. Most multipools will generate a higher amount of stale shares due to coin switching. We have programmed these stratums with the ability to avoid this. Work done on old coins post-switch will be assigned to the previous coin and will not be lost. This results in extra revenue for you as these would otherwise be stale shares.

OK Sounds good, but what do I need to do?

Not much. Our new system will have a singular port per algorithm which means the old dedicated ports for coins will be turned off.

If you are already mining on one of the multiports then you do NOT need to take any action. You can continue mining without making any changes.

If you are mining on one of the dedicated stratum ports, such as 3333 for DOGE, then you will need to make a minor change. Simply change the port which you are connecting to according to the list below:

Scrypt Coin Port: 7777
    Scrypt-N Coin Port: 8888
    SHA256 Coin Port: 9999
    X11 Coin Port: 6666
    X13 Coin Port: 2222

Once you have done this please visit your worker page and you will be able to take advantage of the live coin switching and assign your workers to the coins that you wish to mine. That is it, you are done.

If you are mining on one of the dedicated ports, those will be turned off on Saturday, September 6th, 2014 at 23:59:59 EST. Please make any necessary changes prior to this time.

If you are already mining on one of the multiports then you do not need to take any action. Your workers will default to the multiport selection on the workers page. Feel free to check out the new workers page and adjust your difficulty if need be. Those changes will take affect in real-time and you will not need to disconnect your miner to change the difficulty.

We have had a lot of fun working on this code and hope you guys enjoy it as much as we enjoyed working on it. As miners ourselves, the end goal is to generate as much mining profit as possible and we feel these changes will allow the profits to increase greatly. This is also the tip of the iceberg of what we are working on. There are several more features that will come in the near future that will further allow us to take advantage of the new stratum code.

We are always listening to your concerns, questions, and ideas. If you have anything that you would like to pass along to us please do so. If you are a new miner or just have questions in general I would HIGHLY recommend that you join us on IRC in #coinking on freenode. As I mentioned above we have an amazing group of intelligent miners that I personally believe has formed one of the better IRC channels going and they love helping people, no question is too stupid — we all started off the same way at one point.

If you are on twitter please follow us there (@COINKINGio) to stay on top of any news.

THANK YOU & HAPPY MINING!
Heavycoin is looking surprisingly profitable right now (albeit with somewhat low volume) on Cryptsy.  I vote that HEFTY1 algorithm be added for mining, and Heavycoin be included for auto-conversion.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
i cant make an new account at the site.
if i type all the info for an new account and push "register now", nothing happens and all the fields are empty again without an error.
 Huh
Activity: 142
I have a request... could you add an auto-convert with DGB and with HBN ?

Why is the site down right now?
I'm in the IRC chat right now, asking this same question.
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
Why is the site down right now?
vgo
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1019
More problems?... Bye, bye CoinKing.
So I started mining the new Xuro coin yesterday morning, and let it run all day and all night.  This morning my wallet shows 0 Xuro coins, even though my mining progress shows about 22,000 valid shares.  I also notice that the Xuro pool as a whole shows over 145,000 shares, which is almost 300% more than what should have earned a block.
I wonder if there's an issue with wallet update.  I see that the update posted on the news feed points to the v1.2 Xuro update, but the Xuro page says the latest version is 1.2.1, and without that update the wallet will not sync.  Could this be why CoinKing's Xuro pool isn't getting anything for all our work?

PS:  I can't see any way of casting my vote on the poll, but I would vote for X15.

UPDATE:  Block finder was broken.  I inquired about the problem on the IRC channel, and Ron-Mexico looked into it.  Problem solved now, thanks Ron!   Smiley
Still can't figure out how to vote in the poll, though…
legendary
Great pool, been mining there for a couple days, like the site with all the features.

Been testing the beta stratum for you guys, works perfect  Grin

Keep up the great work.

Thanks man. i appreciate the feedback.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Great pool, been mining there for a couple days, like the site with all the features.

Been testing the beta stratum for you guys, works perfect  Grin

Keep up the great work.

legendary
POLL ADDED. Let the voting begin! Voting will stay open indefinitely, as we may add multiple new algos depending on results.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1094
Would it be possible to include the current profitability information (BTC / MH / day) in the API response?
This is the kind of API-call I would like to use for this purpose:
https://coinking.io/api.php?key=xxxxxxx&type=currentscryptcoin&output=json
legendary
To be completely transparent, after the recent pool outage i was paid 100% of all my coins.

Thank you for mentioning that.  Smiley
Activity: 448
To be completely transparent, after the recent pool outage i was paid 100% of all my coins.
legendary
ok so i guess no one works at coinking. i have placed several support tickets about payout and account access over the past few days and have yet to receive an answer. time to point the miners elsewhere.

I had to leave this pool too...sad really because i liked it..but like you said about support, seems to operate on a skeleton crew.
That recent outage taking days was just too much for me to over look.

GL Coinking..

I wish we weren't down for as long as we were, but we had a pretty bad database failure which we communicated with everyone. We spent the majority of the time recovering our shares tables, so that no one went unpaid when we turned everything back on. We welcome you back as we continue to improve our pool. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

We have less than 10 support tickets open at any given time, so I can guarantee that any support tickets that do come in are handled promptly.

Thanks.
Activity: 448
ok so i guess no one works at coinking. i have placed several support tickets about payout and account access over the past few days and have yet to receive an answer. time to point the miners elsewhere.

I had to leave this pool too...sad really because i liked it..but like you said about support, seems to operate on a skeleton crew.
That recent outage taking days was just too much for me to over look.

GL Coinking..
legendary
Any chance of X15 coins and a multipool coming to Coinking soon?

This is something I'd be happy to open up for a vote. Let me see if I can figure out how to make a poll on here.
We've noticed a decline in x13 coins and have been approached about a few different algos. We have a coin voting bot on IRC and right now its full of algos we don't have, heh.

Short answer, It's quite possible as long as there is enough coins to profit-switch with. I'm open to hearing what everyone has to say.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1036
Any chance of X15 coins and a multipool coming to Coinking soon?
legendary
coinking.io page does not open.
anyone know what happened?

It should be up now, there was an issue with the API which I have resolved. Mining was not affected.

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: