Pages:
Author

Topic: Newbies are safer with top altcoins - page 35. (Read 5281 times)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850
April 28, 2020, 12:43:27 PM
Top altcoin includes shitcoin like BCH, BSV, XRP while I would strongly suggest newbie to stay away from such shits. It's better for newbie to learn about whole crypto market before investing. None of the investment is safe as long as you have no idea about portfolio management.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
April 28, 2020, 12:35:02 PM
Seek for more crypto knowledge before investing in new projects, it's not always that easy to choose, as a newbie it's better to stick with old top altcoins on coinmarketcap, why? Because many newbie are in rush to make fast returns, if you are this type pls go for better top coins, 90% of new coins aren't serious at all, they are here to steal money from investors and give fake promises in return

Newbies are safer with top altcoins until they start learning how to choose wisely, do better diggings on new project to avoid scams

Cov-19 have been used to scam many newbies and even Corona virus coins are built too which have no real use cases

Play safe and be willing to learn
That's what I always recommend if you are just starting out go for the top coins in the market while learning about a different project, after you learned about investing and how to look on a project, then that will be the time that you can invest on other coins, this is to keep you safe and moving in this business, top coins are a way to go first.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598
April 28, 2020, 11:39:56 AM
Altcoins must be placed in the "top" category based on development and characteristics. Bitcoin's market cap was, IIRC, close to being surpassed by ETH's years ago. If that ever happens, it does not make ETH better than BTC in any way.

A good example would be the digital fiat. It'd have a market cap of trillions - would that make it better than Bitcoin? I don't think so. A better tip for newbies is to avoid most of the altcoins and possibly focus only on most developed ones and BTC.

Market cap and volume only matters when it comes to volatility. If you buy a coin with small volume & mcap, don't be surprised if it'll be worth a quarter of what you paid within a week. If Bitcoin can possibly drop to half of its price, it's going to be even easier for a less-known shitcoin to do so.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
April 28, 2020, 11:38:52 AM
An altcoin being on the "top" doesn't automatically mean it's a "safe" or good investment. I mean, take a look at it! The cryptocurrency market is full of crap. And not to mention that bitcoin is risky and volatile enough for the typical inexperienced investor, and you're going to say that it's better for them to buy coins like Ripplecoin a.k.a. fidget spinner coin? Worst investing advice I've read yet.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
April 28, 2020, 11:08:34 AM
90% of new coins aren't serious at all, they are here to steal money from investors and give fake promises in return
99% of all altcoins, regardless of age, are not serious at all.

Newbies are safer with top altcoins
Newbies are safer with bitcoin, and avoiding altcoins altogether.

Marketcap is a meaningless statistic. I could create a new token right now, print 1 billion of them, sell a single token to my friend for $10, and now my market cap is $10 billion and I'm the third "top" coin. Just because an altcoin is in the "top 10", means nothing. At least half the coins in the "top 10" are literal scams.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 702
April 28, 2020, 11:05:02 AM
The topic should be moved to
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php? board=67.0
Top altcoins? Like from the top 100? Top 50? Or what. The top altcoins are no benchmark for your safety.  
Activity: 266
Merit: 16
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
April 28, 2020, 10:52:43 AM
Seek for more crypto knowledge before investing in new projects, it's not always that easy to choose, as a newbie it's better to stick with old top altcoins on coinmarketcap, why? Because many newbie are in rush to make fast returns, if you are this type pls go for better top coins, 90% of new coins aren't serious at all, they are here to steal money from investors and give fake promises in return

Newbies are safer with top altcoins until they start learning how to choose wisely, do better diggings on new project to avoid scams

Cov-19 have been used to scam many newbies and even Corona virus coins are built too which have no real use cases

Play safe and be willing to learn
Pages:
Jump to: