Pages:
Author

Topic: Newbies Stop Teaching When You Need To Learn. - page 2. (Read 1288 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 272

Do you know that some newbies are really not newbies? They know better than some high ranked members and is really hard to tell who's really a newbie because these days I believe members are on disguise just to play a game of hide and seek, like not letting out their identity.
So in this case the suppose "newbies" have the knowledge of either trading and other stuff you think they're suppose to learn, and learning is for everyone no matter your rank, a newbie can educate you on what you feel you know much better.
There are newbies that new to cryptocurrency entirely and this forum might be their first place to have access to learning something legit about bitcoin and crypto, if such newbies ask question, it is always good to help and support them because that is the sole purpose of this forum. On the other hand, there are newbies to this forum but have some experience and knowledge about bitcoin and crypto trading, they are just here to build account and interact with other crypto experts on somethings related bitcoin.

Creating new thread by some newbies to be teaching or given guide on somethings they are suppose to be learning in the forum is mostly for the sake of merits to rank up because some of them think that we must create thread that help the forum members in order to get merits and rank up.
Activity: 350
Merit: 295
Guess Op word are coming to me indirectly and unexpectedly  fen I should change my posts .

Alright  for newbies what areas and aspect are you suggesting them to post not forum now but topics to be precise

There is nothing bad if you make threads but if you must, make sure they are quality thread that people are going to enjoy and learn meaningful information.
Many newbies are guilty of this, they little to none knowledge about what they write, instead of them to sit, read and have the knowledge of what they are writing, they source small information and create threads that may end up with corrections from people that understands it better than them and that's bad of newbie to be embarrassed writing about what they don't know.

So instead of creating threads that are not useful or lack useful information, focus on getting the knowledge and then write one when you gain the knowledge. You may not even need to create threads, reply posts can ge  you the merits worthy of posts.
Activity: 588
Merit: 422
Do you know that some newbies are really not newbies? They know better than some high ranked members and is really hard to tell who's really a newbie because these days I believe members are on disguise just to play a game of hide and seek, like not letting out their identity.
So in this case the suppose "newbies" have the knowledge of either trading and other stuff you think they're suppose to learn, and learning is for everyone no matter your rank, a newbie can educate you on what you feel you know much better.

I agree, some people have very good knowledge of trading but they didn't sign up in this forum, when they create account so we will call him newbie (in term kf Bitcointalk) while he has a good knowledge than of crypto and investment ideas more than a legendary. I think the best knowledge we could learn is from our practical experience and newbie with could gives advice on trading according to past experiences (either lost or win).

I agree with this point that newbie should focused more on learning more than a teaching and once he learned well then he will be able to gives correct advice and will not mislead others but this is only for those newbie who has no previous experience.

The major concern is, we shouldn't always use our ranks to judge anybody that's in this Forum, you can be a legendary member but you lack the knowledge about Bitcoin or cryptocurrency. Are you saying that if you see a newbie that you don't know from nowhere comes to give you advise on how to trade and you noticed he's good at it, are you saying that you won't let him teach you? You would of course.
Let's put it this way, we have every right to learn from anybody no matter who that person is or how low the rank of that member is, as long as the information is useful. The main thing is to get what you think you're lacking to improve your knowledge the more.
Activity: 308
Merit: 176
Keep Promises !
Guess Op word are coming to me indirectly and unexpectedly  fen I should change my posts .

Alright  for newbies what areas and aspect are you suggesting them to post not forum now but topics to be precise
Activity: 644
Merit: 591
#SWGT CERTIK Audited

I agree, some people have very good knowledge of trading but they didn't sign up in this forum, when they create account so we will call him newbie (in term kf Bitcointalk) while he has a good knowledge than of crypto and investment ideas more than a legendary. I think the best knowledge we could learn is from our practical experience and newbie with could gives advice on trading according to past experiences (either lost or win).

I agree with this point that newbie should focused more on learning more than a teaching and once he learned well then he will be able to gives correct advice and will not mislead others but this is only for those newbie who has no previous experience.
Activity: 588
Merit: 422
The essence of this topic is not to discourage anyone from doing the right thing especially the newbies but just to advise them on some certain things which they have failed to understand. It is not right to see a newbie account with 2 activity and zero merit advising people in the forum on the right investment to choose while investing in bitcoin especially when making the first post here. Even though you have knowledge of cryptocurrency before finding your way to the forum I think you ought to follow the due process by learning more about the things of the forum instead of teaching things you no nothing about, the forum is a place of learning no one is forcing you to teach things you don't have ideas of so don't worry about wanting to be noticed rather strive to learn faster so you can be noticed when you come out with your quality post.

Activity: 33
Merit: 5
innocent Living Being
Or worse — sometimes we have users with zero merits trying to teach people how to make quality posts and how to earn merits the right way. Like, lmao. Every time I see those kinds of posts this is the thing that always comes to my mind:

That because I think most newbies think posting that kind of things can gain more merits. Because when I come here as a newbie, I checked out old posts and I saw few gets 1-2 merits for posting that kind of guides. So, I think those who new here think that posting that kind of topics here will give them few merits easily. Btw the way your example pic is another level  Cheesy, Thumbs up for that..
Activity: 1680
Merit: 263
But I dont think is right to assume that newbies doesnt have knowledge since this forum is not the start of their journey, probably most of the newbies here are just getting started on cryptocurrency but sure not all of them are beginners to cryptocurrency space sure there are some that already have a lot of experience and already an expert that is just a newbie here in the forum.
You're right and it is true that not all beginners in this forum are really beginners in the crypto world, but there are some beginners who already have good experience, knowledge and references or maybe better than us or members who have high rankings here but they just found and joined in this forum.
Even though sometimes I also have strange thoughts and feel that it's not as natural as what the OP feels, but then I think again as long as a comment or suggestion given by a beginner still makes sense and it doesn't deviate from the related discussion and the most important thing is it doesn't violate forum rules that have been set then that's okay in my opinion, everyone has the right to discuss here.

But for sure the thing here because we see a lot of newbies commenting and teaching other people on a discussion where newbies' posts just doesnt make any sense at all. I mean if that's the case we could easily just report it as spam right?
Yes we can easily report them. But I'd prefer for them to fix their mistake before actually reporting it as a spammer. if we see a suggestion or comment from someone that doesn't make sense and seems inconsequential, then we just correct it or give him input or maybe criticism so he can fix his mistakes, but if we see that it doesn't change several times then just report it as a spammer.
Everyone can definitely judge which people are really trying to grow or people who are just spamming. Someone who always gives careless and unreasonable comments or suggestions or spam, in my opinion they will be left behind and will never develop.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 425
Cashback 15%
The essence of this topic is not to discourage anyone from doing the right thing especially the newbies but just to advise them on some certain things which they have failed to understand. It is not right to see a newbie account with 2 activity and zero merit advising people in the forum on the right investment to choose while investing in bitcoin especially when making the first post here. Even though you have knowledge of cryptocurrency before finding your way to the forum I think you ought to follow the due process by learning more about the things of the forum instead of teaching things you no nothing about, the forum is a place of learning no one is forcing you to teach things you don't have ideas of so don't worry about wanting to be noticed rather strive to learn faster so you can be noticed when you come out with your quality post.

I decided not to include links to some funny post of some newbies because some of them will take it as an insult instead of a motivation and I am open for any correction if I have gone too far trying to encourage them.

I mean I get your point here since they are still newbies here in the forum, the assumption here is they still newbies are they doesnt have enough knowledge or experience in the forum and in the cryptocurrency space as well. But I dont think is right to assume that newbies doesnt have knowledge since this forum is not the start of their journey, probably most of the newbies here are just getting started on cryptocurrency but sure not all of them are beginners to cryptocurrency space sure there are some that already have a lot of experience and already an expert that is just a newbie here in the forum.

But for sure the thing here because we see a lot of newbies commenting and teaching other people on a discussion where newbies' posts just doesnt make any sense at all. I mean if that's the case we could easily just report it as spam right? Since that post just doesnt make any sense at all. But as a newbie, if your post is really helpful and you know what you're actually saying, we can easily see through it on their post. So just report newbies that spam some nonsense I guess.
Activity: 798
Merit: 547
Leo is resting.
But when it comes to things like forum rules , post quality etcetera I honestly don't expect these guys to act as experts when they haven't hang around the forum long enough.

I think knowing the forum rules isn't really a problem to some newbies and teaching it for others is not a problem too because for someone who's new anywhere aside the forum here ought to know the rules and regulations guiding the place or the organisation he or she is into before venturing into other things. No newbie will talk about post quality in some of their teaching because the person will be considered as an old member who's building an alt but don't you think someone who's very conversant with good spoken English and has knowledge of vocabularies can detect when someone is using wrong grammar or a post with low quality? how long does it take a user to stay on the forum before the person can understand a post with good quality to me I think sticking around the forum for a long time and consistent follow up to some users post can help even a newbie to understand when a post is of good quality.
Activity: 742
Merit: 529
I saw this post and I laughed because I have seen so many newbies trying hard to advise tye forum on some certain things which they ought not to do. Although it does not mean that all newbie account meant that they don't know anything about Bitcoin or about the reality of life but it would be funny and surprisimg to see newbies trying to advise people on making the right investment plan that shows a big misconception.
It's like a just employed staff that's rather trying to introduce and explain to the older staff before him about the office environment and how things should be done within the organization such behavior would raise an eyebrow from the old staff which could make them think that you're unteachable as you already knows it all.

Newbies should always learn to give themselves some time. No matter what they have read iin the forum at their quiet time, allow it sink down, contemplate over and over again at what you have learned and don't jump all out to come lecture the house.
Keep piling up the knowledge adding it to tat you already got before your membership of community that's how you grow faster.
The former will puts you in a radar where members may question your authenticity of an actual newbie or not.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 879
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
In my years of being on the forum, I have actually seen Newbies who are not Newbies because they are knowledgeable about cryptocurrencies and the forum, which tells me that we cant get everything at face value, just like the saying you can not judge a book by its cover!

But when it comes to things like forum rules , post quality etcetera I honestly don't expect these guys to act as experts when they haven't hang around the forum long enough.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
While I do understand that majority of these newbies want to earn merits, I do think that they are doing it on the wrong direction.

I agree with what OP posted- you have to earn your acknowledgement before you start giving advice to others. In this forum, while it is generally helpful to guide others in this kind of advice, you must first equip yourself with all the knowledge and information before sharing it to others.

Unfortunately, I have also witnessed several instances where newbies would attempt to share some advice, only to find out that there is a language barrier and they were not able to convey their messages clearly (wrong grammars, etc.). I just hope that from this post, newbies would first accept to learn before they share any guides to others.

Sorry in advance, allow me to convey my opinion @qwertyup23. I don't think it justifies everything. sometimes there are also suggestions from beginners who, although they seem new to this forum, have been in the world of crypto trading for a long time and it is possible that they also have the ability/capacity to write and answer a question properly, correctly and relevantly.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
Or worse — sometimes we have users with zero merits trying to teach people how to make quality posts and how to earn merits the right way. Like, lmao. Every time

While I do understand that majority of these newbies want to earn merits, I do think that they are doing it on the wrong direction.

I agree with what OP posted- you have to earn your acknowledgement before you start giving advice to others. In this forum, while it is generally helpful to guide others in this kind of advice, you must first equip yourself with all the knowledge and information before sharing it to others.

Unfortunately, I have also witnessed several instances where newbies would attempt to share some advice, only to find out that there is a language barrier and they were not able to convey their messages clearly (wrong grammars, etc.). I just hope that from this post, newbies would first accept to learn before they share any guides to others.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1024
Hello Leo! You can still win.
I agreed with the op, a newbie is always a newbie, even he or she is experts in bitcoin, as they are joining the forum for the very first time they are newbies in the forum so they have to lie low to observe things to learn about the forum and contribute meaningful contributions from the knowledge they have from outside and not to render services to people to follow. Bitcoin is very deep that nobody knows all, everyone knows there areas of expert and not all areas.
Very true.
Whether you have been on other forums or not, once you sign up on this forum for the first time and the rank reads newbie, then you are certainly a newbie. However, if your rank reads newbie on the forum but you have expert knowledge on cryptocurrencies and bitcoin, you should be free and have the freedom to share it with the community. And we can tell a newbie on the forum who is a newbie to bitcoin from a newbie on the forum who has expert knowledge on bitcoin. How? Look at the boards they post in, their posting pattern, you'll easily notice.

I so much understand what Op meant and he is correct about that. But then I do not want anyone to feel threatened because a newbie is contributing or trying to contribute to the forum. Some times the ranks doesn't matter, where the rank matters so much is during trading because it is very risky to trade with a newbie.

But when it comes to sharing of knowledge, I do not really care where it is coming from. What we need to confirm is the validity and authenticity of the information being passed. If it is correct and acceptable, it is fine even if it comes from a newbie. Where I always have problems is when a newbie without knowledge and experience begins to teach nonsense in the forum.
Activity: 504
Merit: 283
I agreed with the op, a newbie is always a newbie, even he or she is experts in bitcoin, as they are joining the forum for the very first time they are newbies in the forum so they have to lie low to observe things to learn about the forum and contribute meaningful contributions from the knowledge they have from outside and not to render services to people to follow. Bitcoin is very deep that nobody knows all, everyone knows there areas of expert and not all areas.
Very true.
Whether you have been on other forums or not, once you sign up on this forum for the first time and the rank reads newbie, then you are certainly a newbie. However, if your rank reads newbie on the forum but you have expert knowledge on cryptocurrencies and bitcoin, you should be free and have the freedom to share it with the community. And we can tell a newbie on the forum who is a newbie to bitcoin from a newbie on the forum who has expert knowledge on bitcoin. How? Look at the boards they post in, their posting pattern, you'll easily notice.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

I decided not to include links to some funny post of some newbies because some of them will take it as an insult instead of a motivation and I am open for any correction if I have gone too far trying to encourage them.

I totally agree with you OP, I see no reason why a newbie can be teaching people that has been in the system for long and you just came in and starting teaching everyone about cryptocurrency, I'm not disputing the fact that most newbies does not have ideas about cryptocurrency but there are somethings that are expected of you as a newbie to do such as learning how forum works and following the higher Rank to be knowledgeable instead of lecturing, for me I'm here to learn, to know how the forum works and learn from people that knows more better.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 393
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
The main motive that drives them in trying to educate other members is just to get attention or maybe there is another reason behind that motive. It seems a bit strange, someone who is still in the process of learning tries to teach other people, but this incident happens very often even though what is conveyed cannot be disputed. Before posting anything that educates others, a Newbie who is just finding his way to forums needs to educate himself how to adapt to forums.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
I get the point "learn before you try to teach others". That's why I have been observing many threads many members many topic posts etc for many days. But I still fear I might make  mistakes or someone may criticize me. That's why I don't have any activities or merits in my account. But observing won't even get me anywhere. I need real time performance right? So what should I do now. It would be much help if anyone guided me so that one day I may also contribute to this community.

I am in no position to advice anyone. But I need to have some experience or base knowledge to be able to do that.

But the problem with other they really think that their learnings is enough and they can't teach newbies just like that. They really need to focus on theirselves since if they post and try to educate newbies while they are still belong to that category then people might just expect that they do this stint just because they want to earn a merit. Merit is the reason why newbies became instant expert since they try to educate their fellow newbies and hope that their thread created will get a merit in return.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 374
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
Or worse — sometimes we have users with zero merits trying to teach people how to make quality posts and how to earn merits the right way. Like, lmao. Every time I see those kinds of posts this is the thing that always comes to my mind:

This is a harsh reality and too hard to swallow. I feel attacked though haha. It made me feel like I'm still an amateur or a mere beginner who has lots of things to learn. Need more experience. I know I can do better. Do more research, interact more, and participate as much as I can.
Pages:
Jump to: