Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEWS] Bit4x.com - First FOREX accepts bitcoin! - 1:1000 Leverage!!! - page 5. (Read 49924 times)

Activity: 409
Merit: 250
LOL and I totally missed this:

Absolute lie!  Alpari won the best Forex broker in UK and Europe in 2011 from the IBTimes...the website totally falsified its awards.

http://www.alpari.co.uk/en/cnews/show/id/1899/

Activity: 409
This is the clearest scam I have seen in a long time.  Why has a moderator not deleted this thread and banned the associated individuals?

- We comply to all local regulations. Clients should be compliant with their local regulations.

- Your firm is NOT regulated by the FSA and you are lying when you claim to be.  Everyone follow these steps:
1.  Go to http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmSearchForm.do
2.  Type 217689 (This is FXCM - a regulated, respected, and legal broker)
3.  Click regulators
4.  Notice how it says, "Financial Services Authority" - FXCM is legally regulated
5.  Follow step 1-2 with 194835 (The number for VenetFX)
6.  Click regulators
7.  Notice the void?  VenetFX is NOT regulated by the FSA and they claim to be
8.  Now click the permissions link for each of the above firms.  VenetFX is NOT authorized to transact in foreign exchange, contracts for difference, or spot forex

- All you have done is create a company and register it with the FSA - I have personally done the same and have my trading firm listed with the NFA.  If I were to turn around and offer a brokerage service and claim that I am regulated by the NFA, I would go to jail - which is what may happen to you in the near future.

- It is illegal to solicit foreign exchange business in the United States without being registered with the CFTC and NFA as a RFED
http://www.cftc.gov/PressRoom/PressReleases/pr5883-10

- The maximum legal leverage in the U.S. is 50:1 - by offering your service to Americans, you are violating our laws
http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retrieveECFR?gp=1&SID=bb4e8713bff1ff87626ea3fb658a963d&ty=HTML&h=L&n=12y1.0.1.1.42&r=PART#12:1.0.1.1.42.0.9.9

- The logic and claims of the website are entirely flawed
-- "Yes, your Bitcoin deposits are never converted into fiat or any other form"
-- When you "buy" EUR/USD, you are selling dollars to buy euros.  To say that you can trade currencies without converting your BTC is a straight-up lie.  This claim blatantly tells you that they are trading against customers or just stealing money.

- I have reported this firm and its "subsidiary" to the FSA
Activity: 254
This is what my problem is - I simply don't have 100BTC to park. Most of these small ForEx brokers I've seen usually only need $100 to open an account. While that's probably enough to ensure that the customer will lose it all, I'm not sure that 10X that is necessary to ensure the customer doesn't lose everything in a heartbeat.

First of all leverage doesn't have any influence on risk, it will just reduce the margin required to open a position allowing you to open more trades to diversify or hedge your trading positions.
What is important it's the size of your trade, roughly to do 1 lot you need at least 1000 btc and for the min position size of 0.01 you need theoretically 10 btc but if you aren't good enough  is still too low as a starting deposit.
I don't think that for an amateur 25 btc are enough to cover the max initial equity drawdown that you'll probably have. Maybe 50 btcs are enough to operate with a position size of 0.01-0.02 Lot but as Kako said there are technical limitation to go under 100 btc.
If you think to be skilled enough, find 3 guys that are willing to give you 75 btcs and manage that sum for them.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

This is what my problem is - I simply don't have 100BTC to park. Most of these small ForEx brokers I've seen usually only need $100 to open an account. While that's probably enough to ensure that the customer will lose it all, I'm not sure that 10X that is necessary to ensure the customer doesn't lose everything in a heartbeat.

kakobrekla, maybe you guys could set another account level? Allow insane leverage only on the 100BTC accts, and allow up to 1:??(20? 100?) on the smaller accounts? maybe 25BTC to open?

I have pushed the minimum deposit to open Live account as low as I could (yes, the original suggestion was even higher), at 100 units a technical limit was reached. While in theory it would be possible to trick this with deciBTC denomination, which was discussed at some point, the complexity of implementation out weights the gains.

guruvan, I tried to reach you in #bitcoin-assets with no success. Please drop me a message when you are online.

On a side note, until the end of 2012, all new Live accounts receive a 5 BTC bonus.

Activity: 532
100 btc just to open an account??  Shocked No Thanks.
fail

kakobrekla, maybe you guys could set another account level? Allow insane leverage only on the 100BTC accts, and allow up to 1:??(20? 100?) on the smaller accounts? maybe 25BTC to open?
anyone look for EURUSD shorts using this platform Grin
Did twice today, from 1.2970 to 1.2935 and few mins ago from 1.2979 to 1.2958
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
chaos is fun...…damental :)
anyone look for EURUSD shorts using this platform Grin
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
This is still a scam. Waiting for the first "got scammed by them" report!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1022
If anyone ever tries that out, pls drop an experience report!

P.S.: No Sockpuppets!
Activity: 588
What company is this through?  I mean I see Bit4x.com accepts bitcoin for forex trading but who owns them.  How can I verify the company so I know its real?
legendary
Activity: 1073
100 btc just to open an account??  Shocked No Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
My scam-detector is showing "scam detected"  Cheesy

Yup - yours and everyone elses.

Mine is showing "maybe", but then again I think mine's broken.  I've lost money to:

Some dick on bitcoin-otc over a year ago
SIN
Bitscalper
Pirate
GLBSE
Bitfloor
and probably a couple others I'm forgetting at the moment
Are you interested in buying a bridge?  Cheesy

It depends... where does this bridge go?
Yes, that's the wrong question.
A good question would be something like: "Is the bridge smoking or burning in any way?" or something like that
Cheesy

Those are follow up questions... first I need to know if I even want to go where this bridge will take me.
Activity: 840

Mine is showing "maybe", but then again I think mine's broken.  I've lost money to:

SIN
Bitscalper
Pirate
GLBSE
Bitfloor

Yes, that's the wrong question.
A good question would be something like: "Is the bridge smoking or burning in any way?" or something like that
Cheesy
legendary

SIN
Bitscalper
Pirate
GLBSE
Bitfloor

Activity: 336

SIN
Bitscalper
Pirate
GLBSE
Bitfloor
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Thanks a lot Enky1974!

BTW, I'm also a '74er  Smiley
legendary

SIN
Bitscalper
Pirate
GLBSE
Bitfloor
Activity: 420

....A screenshot of the quotes window in MT4 would be really appreciated!
here's the screenshot, the last two are gold/silver
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
Pages:
Jump to: